Data Battle Tower (For all your Match-Seeking Needs!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Issuing two of the same challenge.

Teenage Babysitters!
4v4 NFE Singles
The total evolution stage of your team cannot exceed 6
2 Day DQ
2 Subs
2 Recovers/5 Chills
Arena: Engineer's Type Changing Arena
Field Type: All Types
Complexity: Simple
Formats: All Formats

Restrictions: All moves are allowed.

Description:
It's the standard arena, except somebody has implanted a strange device in the middle of the field! For the duration of the first round, this device is off. After the end of each round, though, it beeps and suddenly alters the elemental makeup of the arena, giving certain benefits to certain types and detriments to some other ones. Each time the makeup is altered, a random type is chosen. All attacking moves whose types hit the chosen type for super effective damage have 2 more BAP, while all attacking moves whose types hit the chosen type for not very effective or zero damage have 2 less BAP.

Summary: Certain types get buffed every round.

I'd like to play both Switch=OK and Items=ON for these battles if possible.
Taking the second.
Items=ON
All abilities
Switch = Do we have to?

6v6 singles
2 recovers/5 chills
NFE (Max of 3 Middle stagers)
I will allow training items

OR

3v3 singles
LC mons only
2 Recovers/5 Chills

Arena:
The Garden of Earthly Delights

A grassy arena twice the size of the ASB arena. There is a single large tree in the center (it is protected from all damage). 15 feet around the tree is a 4 foot deep moat.

This is a paradise for all Pokemon because the weather is clear and no weather inducing move can change it!. As great as this arena is, there is a catch!

This is the Garden of Earthly Delights!! This match will be governed by the Seven Deady Sins (not the user >.>): Wrath, Greed, Sloth, Pride, Lust, Envy, and Gluttony.

At the end of each round, the Pokemon will be governed by these "earthly delights".

The Earthy Delights and their effects:
1). Wrath: all Pokemon will be under the effects of Taunt and Work Up and will have -1 Def & Sp.Def until the end of the round.
2). Greed: two CC are dropped on the ground. A Pokemon can be ordered to go get one, but it takes and action to go grab one and a second go bring it back. Any CC not brought back at the end of the round disappears.
3). Sloth: Chills energy increase is doubled!! However, each chill comes at a 10 HP cost.
4). Pride: Both mons gain a sense of pride in their typing!! This means that STAB attacks have their final damage increased by 2 and they can only use STAB. STAB moves are done recklessly and have a 50% higher energy cost!! Pokemon without STAB moves Struggle.
5). Lust: if the mons are of different Genders, they are forever under the Attract status until the end of the round. If the mons are of the same gender, they are forever placed under the Confusion status until the end of the round. If one mon is genderless, it is treated as though both mons are of the same gender.
6). Envy: Both mons are envious of the others moves that they gain the ability to use their foe's moves!! Sadly, they cannot use any of their own moves.
7). Gluttony: Two large pies are placed on a table under the tree. A mon can take and action to eat one pie and only one!! Eating a pie fully recovers all energy and gives 15 HP. Starting on the action after eating the pie, the mon will gain 1 weight and size class until the end of the next round. Eating the pie is a priority action and cannot be blocked by Taunt. If a Pokemon is at the highest Weight or size class, their speed will then be treated as 1 until the end of the next round.

A creative Ref and opponent are a must!!
I dropped my battle will Subway as he had less mons than needed and I have now decided to up the mon count.

Who here wants to accept?

Re-Accepting King Serperior's battle!!! (pokemon approved)

The 3v3 singles
Abitities=ON
Switch=KO
I think you meant items = training for both so Items=Training

Open challenge
3v3 singles
Infinite recoveries/ chills
Judgement arena

Basically the arena is a great mountain range of snow-capped avalanche prone mountains. There is a very small hot spring dead Centre of this mountain range.

The hot spring has Only enough water to fuel certain water moves (like water pulse and hydro pump, but not surf or muddy water). The spring can only be used 6 times before it empties and starts spewing fire. When the spring empties, there is a 20% chance of any random Pokemon in the arena taking 10 damage from the fire catching on that Pokemon (does not incur a burn) but only for the first turn.

When this happens, If the Pokemon that got burned by the fires survives 9 full actions, they have 20 hp and 100% energy awarded to them.
Then the sprin fills up and this happens all over again.

Taking

Switch=OK
Abilites=All
Items= Nah
Sub=1

EDIT: Dropping previous challenge.

Also, since no DQ has been specified 3 days is fine by me.
Bump

A battle I'm reffing uses this arena, and I like it, so I'm gonna use it myself in this Open FE Battle.

3v3 singles
2 recoveries/5 chills
2 day DQ
2 subs
Switching allowed, due to the nature of the arena
And the stage is...
Field Type: Neutral
Complexity: Moderate
Format: Singles, Switch is always OK
Restrictions: none

This arena allows for all possible moves to be used. There are no restrictions on moves requiring water, ground, sunlight, rocks or anything else. For all intents and purposes, this arena is entirely normal...

Except for the gimmick of course.

Inspired by the smash fighting game, Marvel vs. Capcom 3, this arena's special quality is that it allows trainers to send out Pokemon in their reserve to order a single attack each round. Any Pokemon not currently in the battle can be ordered to use a single attack before being returned to its Poke Ball. But be careful, your opponents can attack your assisting Pokemon for great damage!

Details:
-Calling an assist counts as the trainer's action for that round. The trainer's active Pokemon can not attack during an assist from a teammate and is considered to be in a prone position. The exceptions are combos, which will be explained later.
-An Assist can only be ordered once per round.
-Assist attacks cost 1.5x the normal energy (STAB energy reduction is applied afterwards, like in combos) and remain deducted from the assisting Pokemon's energy while on reserve.
-Opponents can attack the assisting Pokemon if ordered, and attacks that can hit more than one opponent will hit both.
-Attacks against assisting Pokemon will do 1.5x damage
-Any attack made against an assisting Pokemon that has effects that wear off on switching (Stat Changes, Taunt, Leech Seed, etc.) will have those effects applied for the assist attack, but will be removed when the assisting Pokemon returns to their Poke Ball.
-For substitutions, an assist with a given Pokemon counts as a valid condition.
--Example: "If Houndoom is used in an assist" would be acceptable.
-Bodyblocks can be ordered as assists to protect the teammate. If Protect or Detect are ordered as an assist, it will automatically protect both Pokemon, much like how a Bodyblock+Protect/Detect combo would normally function. (Obviously, normal rules for bodyblocking are still in effect.)

Combos:
-Combos can be ordered as assists, but they involve one attack from both the active and assisting Pokemon.
-The combo is calculated for damage/effects/etc. as 2 separate attacks used by the respective Pokemon.
--Example: Houndoom uses Flamethrower, Ludicolo assists using Hydro Pump; Total Damage= The final damage of Houndoom's Flamethrower + The final damage of Seadra's Hydro Pump; Effect chance: 10% Burn
-Both Pokemon pay the Energy Cost of the combo. The reserve Pokemon still pays 1.5x the energy cost. STAB energy reduction applies to both
--Example: Above combo's cost is: [(7+8)*1.5]-1=22 for Houndoom, ([(7+8)*1.5]*1.5)-1=33 for Ludicolo
-Combos involving Bodyblock/Protect/Detect of either Pokemon are valid. (Protect/Detect when used in a combo will only protect both Pokemon if the user meets normal Bodyblock criteria)
--Example: Houndoom uses Bodyblock on Ludicolo, Ludicolo assists with Hydro Pump; or Houndoom uses Flamethrower, Ludicolo assists with Protect (covers both)
-Theoretically, virtually any combo could work since two different Pokemon are using the attacks, but ref discretion is still encouraged.

Orcinus Duo

Banned deucer.
SoS: What are the choices? And does Dr. Pepper count?
[06:06am] orcinus: i don't get dr pepper
[06:06am] orcinus: tbh
[06:06am] orcinus: don't see what people like about it
[06:06am] SoS: Orcinus, we must fight to the death.

CHALLENGING SOS

FE, 2v2 Doubles (bring 3 mons each)
Items On
Switch=wtfko?
Arena: Warioware

An artificial environment with no external water source or natural grass. Digging and seismic moves are allowed. Weather is allowed.

At the beginning of each round, the ref will give a task to the participating pokemon to perform during the round. It can be anything as long as all active pokemon can feasibly accomplish it (eg, use non-STAB moves only). Any pokemon that fail to complete the task take damage equal to 1/4 of their max HP.

SoS: What are the choices? And does Dr. Pepper count?
[06:06am] orcinus: i don't get dr pepper
[06:06am] orcinus: tbh
[06:06am] orcinus: don't see what people like about it
[06:06am] SoS: Orcinus, we must fight to the death.

CHALLENGING SoS

FE, 2v2 Doubles (bring 3 mons each)
Items On
Switch=wtfko?
Arena: Warioware

An artificial environment with no external water source or natural grass. Digging and seismic moves are allowed. Weather is allowed.

At the beginning of each round, the ref will give a task to the participating pokemon to perform during the round. It can be anything as long as all active pokemon can feasibly accomplish it (eg, use non-STAB moves only). Any pokemon that fail to complete the task take damage equal to 1/4 of their max HP.
Accepting, Pepper Hater.
2 subs
2 recovers, 5 chills.
2 day DQ
All abilities.

Throwing out my own challenge.

3v3 NFE singles
2 day DQ
2 recovers, 5 chills
1 sub

Warioware arena as above.

WTF Orcinus no like DPeppy??

Anyways, dropping my battle with Mr.L, as that would be my last slot and I want the counters now (money whore I know)

OPEN CHALLENGE

1v1 FE Training Singles
1 Day DQ
One Sub
One Ability
No Recovers / 2 Chills
Arena: IAR's Terra Cage
Arena: Terra Cage
Field Type: Ground
Format: All

Restrictions: All Weather inducing moves/abilites bar Sandstorm/Sand Stream/Cloud Nine/Air Lock will fail, No Water Source, No Natural Grass, Limited ceiling

Description: Terra Cage is a rough, indoor, desolate place that despite its hard, rocky surface, can be dug into. It is about 50x50m in length & width, & it is 30m high. The main mechanic here that gives Ground Types an advantage here is that when Sandstorm is used, it randomly fuses itself with the mud that can be found in some places around the arena, & the Sandstorm turns into a Mudstorm.
During a Mudstorm, at the end of every action, anything that isn't a Ground Type takes 2 Damage, +1 if the Pokemon is weak to Ground, or -1 if the Pokemon resists Ground (Flying & Levitiate is considered Neutral, Pokemon with Overcoat/Magic Guard don't take any damage). In addition, all non-Ground Type moves used by non-Ground Type Pokemon have a flat 5% reduction in Accuracy. Any Ground-Type Pokemon that would benefit from Sandstorm through Typing, Abilities, etc. Will receive the same benefits in a Mudstorm. Mudstorms only last the first three turns of a Sandstorm, after which, it will go back to a regular Sandstorm.

Summary: Anything mentioned in the Restrictions, plus Sandstorm will turn into a Mudstorm when used.

Requesting Training Items On

Korski

Distilled, 80 proof
is a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Accepting The Wanderer and typon77.

Items=Training
Abilities=ONE
Switch=OK

where relevant. Everything else is covered by the challengers.

Open challenge
3v3 singles
Infinite recoveries/ chills
Judgement arena

Basically the arena is a great mountain range of snow-capped avalanche prone mountains. There is a very small hot spring dead Centre of this mountain range.

The hot spring has Only enough water to fuel certain water moves (like water pulse and hydro pump, but not surf or muddy water). The spring can only be used 6 times before it empties and starts spewing fire. When the spring empties, there is a 20% chance of any random Pokemon in the arena taking 10 damage from the fire catching on that Pokemon (does not incur a burn) but only for the first turn.

When this happens, If the Pokemon that got burned by the fires survives 9 full actions, they have 20 hp and 100% energy awarded to them.
Then the sprin fills up and this happens all over again.
Taking

Switch=OK
Abilites=All
Items= Nah
Sub=1

EDIT: Dropping previous challenge.

Also, since no DQ has been specified 3 days is fine by me.
Sure send mons :3

LouisCyphre

heralds disaster.
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor
Okay, I'm going to try and battle by PSP.

1v1 Open Challenge
FEs
Infinite Recoveries/Chills
4 Day DQ.

For the ref: I can't Copy or Paste anything on this, so I will need a ref willing to grab the desired mon from my profile, in my sig.

edit: oh asb arena is cool I guess.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
WTF Orcinus no like DPeppy??

Anyways, dropping my battle with Mr.L, as that would be my last slot and I want the counters now (money whore I know)

OPEN CHALLENGE

1v1 FE Training Singles
1 Day DQ
One Sub
One Ability
No Recovers / 2 Chills
Arena: IAR's Terra Cage
Arena: Terra Cage
Field Type: Ground
Format: All

Restrictions: All Weather inducing moves/abilites bar Sandstorm/Sand Stream/Cloud Nine/Air Lock will fail, No Water Source, No Natural Grass, Limited ceiling

Description: Terra Cage is a rough, indoor, desolate place that despite its hard, rocky surface, can be dug into. It is about 50x50m in length & width, & it is 30m high. The main mechanic here that gives Ground Types an advantage here is that when Sandstorm is used, it randomly fuses itself with the mud that can be found in some places around the arena, & the Sandstorm turns into a Mudstorm.
During a Mudstorm, at the end of every action, anything that isn't a Ground Type takes 2 Damage, +1 if the Pokemon is weak to Ground, or -1 if the Pokemon resists Ground (Flying & Levitiate is considered Neutral, Pokemon with Overcoat/Magic Guard don't take any damage). In addition, all non-Ground Type moves used by non-Ground Type Pokemon have a flat 5% reduction in Accuracy. Any Ground-Type Pokemon that would benefit from Sandstorm through Typing, Abilities, etc. Will receive the same benefits in a Mudstorm. Mudstorms only last the first three turns of a Sandstorm, after which, it will go back to a regular Sandstorm.

Summary: Anything mentioned in the Restrictions, plus Sandstorm will turn into a Mudstorm when used.

Requesting Training Items On
Accepting The Wanderer and typon77.

Items=Training
Abilities=ONE
Switch=OK

where relevant. Everything else is covered by the challengers.
Oh no! Return of the Mudstorm! I will ref this...Send me your teams.

Yarnus and I would much appreciate a referee.

Please and thankyou.

Issuing two of the same challenge.

Teenage Babysitters!
4v4 NFE Singles
The total evolution stage of your team cannot exceed 6
2 Day DQ
2 Subs
2 Recovers/5 Chills
Arena: Engineer's Type Changing Arena
Field Type: All Types
Complexity: Simple
Formats: All Formats

Restrictions: All moves are allowed.

Description:
It's the standard arena, except somebody has implanted a strange device in the middle of the field! For the duration of the first round, this device is off. After the end of each round, though, it beeps and suddenly alters the elemental makeup of the arena, giving certain benefits to certain types and detriments to some other ones. Each time the makeup is altered, a random type is chosen. All attacking moves whose types hit the chosen type for super effective damage have 2 more BAP, while all attacking moves whose types hit the chosen type for not very effective or zero damage have 2 less BAP.

Summary: Certain types get buffed every round.

I'd like to play both Switch=OK and Items=ON for these battles if possible.
Taking the second.
Items=ON
All abilities
Switch = Do we have to?

Meh...That kinda whomps...

Well, seeking a 1v1 NFE Singles. Standard training battle in any sense, the acceptor may choose the arena.

Stratos

Banned deucer.
Meh...That kinda whomps...

Well, seeking a 1v1 NFE Singles. Standard training battle in any sense, the acceptor may choose the arena.
consider this taken, Unown soup

just for ease of ref:

1v1 nfe training
switch = ko
training items only
all abilities
2 recover / 5 chill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)