Data Battle Tower (For all your Match-Seeking Needs!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
A battle I'm reffing uses this arena, and I like it, so I'm gonna use it myself in this Open FE Battle.

3v3 singles
2 recoveries/5 chills
2 day DQ
2 subs
Switching allowed, due to the nature of the arena
And the stage is...
Field Type: Neutral
Complexity: Moderate
Format: Singles, Switch is always OK
Restrictions: none

This arena allows for all possible moves to be used. There are no restrictions on moves requiring water, ground, sunlight, rocks or anything else. For all intents and purposes, this arena is entirely normal...

Except for the gimmick of course.

Inspired by the smash fighting game, Marvel vs. Capcom 3, this arena's special quality is that it allows trainers to send out Pokemon in their reserve to order a single attack each round. Any Pokemon not currently in the battle can be ordered to use a single attack before being returned to its Poke Ball. But be careful, your opponents can attack your assisting Pokemon for great damage!

Details:
-Calling an assist counts as the trainer's action for that round. The trainer's active Pokemon can not attack during an assist from a teammate and is considered to be in a prone position. The exceptions are combos, which will be explained later.
-An Assist can only be ordered once per round.
-Assist attacks cost 1.5x the normal energy (STAB energy reduction is applied afterwards, like in combos) and remain deducted from the assisting Pokemon's energy while on reserve.
-Opponents can attack the assisting Pokemon if ordered, and attacks that can hit more than one opponent will hit both.
-Attacks against assisting Pokemon will do 1.5x damage
-Any attack made against an assisting Pokemon that has effects that wear off on switching (Stat Changes, Taunt, Leech Seed, etc.) will have those effects applied for the assist attack, but will be removed when the assisting Pokemon returns to their Poke Ball.
-For substitutions, an assist with a given Pokemon counts as a valid condition.
--Example: "If Houndoom is used in an assist" would be acceptable.
-Bodyblocks can be ordered as assists to protect the teammate. If Protect or Detect are ordered as an assist, it will automatically protect both Pokemon, much like how a Bodyblock+Protect/Detect combo would normally function. (Obviously, normal rules for bodyblocking are still in effect.)

Combos:
-Combos can be ordered as assists, but they involve one attack from both the active and assisting Pokemon.
-The combo is calculated for damage/effects/etc. as 2 separate attacks used by the respective Pokemon.
--Example: Houndoom uses Flamethrower, Ludicolo assists using Hydro Pump; Total Damage= The final damage of Houndoom's Flamethrower + The final damage of Seadra's Hydro Pump; Effect chance: 10% Burn
-Both Pokemon pay the Energy Cost of the combo. The reserve Pokemon still pays 1.5x the energy cost. STAB energy reduction applies to both
--Example: Above combo's cost is: [(7+8)*1.5]-1=22 for Houndoom, ([(7+8)*1.5]*1.5)-1=33 for Ludicolo
-Combos involving Bodyblock/Protect/Detect of either Pokemon are valid. (Protect/Detect when used in a combo will only protect both Pokemon if the user meets normal Bodyblock criteria)
--Example: Houndoom uses Bodyblock on Ludicolo, Ludicolo assists with Hydro Pump; or Houndoom uses Flamethrower, Ludicolo assists with Protect (covers both)
-Theoretically, virtually any combo could work since two different Pokemon are using the attacks, but ref discretion is still encouraged.
Accepting The Wanderer and typon77.

Items=Training
Abilities=ONE
Switch=OK

where relevant. Everything else is covered by the challengers.
We still need a ref for this.

Looking for a fast-paced battle! I'm willing to extend the DQ time a bit if it's too much though

1v1 Singles
Standard ASB Arena
12 Hour DQ

Please VM me if it is chosen!

Challenging smashlloyd20 to a match!
2v2 FE Singles
ASB Arena
Switch=KO
All Abilities
Items on
2 day DQ
2 Subs
2 recovers/5 chills
And because D_W wants to test them, sequences are on

LC

Honduras, Yojoa Lake. (Lots of grassland, a lake, and banana trees)

Complexity: Simple.

Field Type: Neutral

Format: All

Restrictions: None.

5 day DQ(due to HW)

2 subs

NO RECOVERS OR CHILLS

Open Challenge
2v2 Babysitter Doubles (at least 1 LC)
2 Day DQ
2 Recoveries / 5 Chills
Old Sub Rules
Arena: Glacier Knight's No Man's Land
Field Type- Neutral
Complexity- Simple
Format- All
Restrictions- Little water sources

No Man’s Land: the only remnants of a war taking place on this lonely plane are craters from cannons and two hastily made trenches opposite of one another. This place is perfect for an intense brawl of epic proportions because unlike domes, gyms, or protected forests this place is dying to be torn apart again. There are no trees or grass, just mounds of dirt and dust, with some puddles here and there from past storms. The air is stale, and you can feel the tension that was strained here years ago. Yes, this already forgotten area is perfect for rough housing and playing dirty. Summary: Dig/earthquake is allowed. Weather is allowed.​
I'll take it!
Traning items
Switch=ko
all abilities
2 Subs
Just kindly requesting a referee...

Hmm... Am I allowed to help test sequence battles? I not, my bad.

Challenging smashlloyd20 to a match!
2v2 FE Singles
Switch: KO
All Abilities
Items: on
2 day DQ
2 recovers/5 chills
Sequences On

ASB Arena

Throwing out my own challenge.

3v3 NFE singles
2 day DQ
2 recovers, 5 chills
1 sub

An artificial environment with no external water source or natural grass. Digging and seismic moves are allowed. Weather is allowed.

At the beginning of each round, the ref will give a task to the participating pokemon to perform during the round. It can be anything as long as all active pokemon can feasibly accomplish it (eg, use non-STAB moves only). Any pokemon that fail to complete the task take damage equal to 1/4 of their max HP.
Accepting.

Switch: KO.
Items: Training.
Abilities: All.

Need a ref.
This is getting silly.

Stratos

Banned deucer.
Challenging Elevator_Music

1v1 FE
ASB Arena
Training Items only
Switch = wtfhax
2 recover/5 chill

do you accept?

OPEN CHALLENGE

1v1 NFE battle
2 Subs
Recoveries/Chills off
Items off
Switch=lol
36 Hour DQ
Arena:
Field Type-Grass/Bug
Complexity-Intense
Format-All

This is an abandoned safari park. As a result, there are many exotic Pokemon living here. In this place, there are plants everywhere, so there is reduced mobility (-30% Evasion) for all Pokemon that cannot navigate through trees (namely anything other than Grass and Bug types). The Pokemon that are Grass or Bug have a huge advantage-there are many wild Pokemon living in the trees, some friendly, others not so much. All Grass and Bug Pokemon may use one Action, costing 10 Energy, to climb a tree and attempt to recruit a fellow Grass or Bug type. The ref will RNG a number between 1 and 10. Any number between 1 and 7 represents a success, any other number represents a failure. If the recruitment succeeds, the ref will take that Pokemon, decide its moves, and that Pokemon will join the Pokemon who recruited it in combat. There is a stream in this jungle. However, for any non-Grass or Bug type, they must spend one action, costing 10 Energy to jump into the stream, at which point all mobility issues are solved. Bug and Grass types may also use one Action, costing 3 Energy, to jump onto a branch and start "sniping" the other Pokemon, in other words, their critical hit ratio increases by 2 Stages, and they are given the abilities Sniper and Levitate. In 5 Actions, they will jump down. If both Pokemon jump up into the branches, then it is an even playing field, except that there is a 10% chance that with every attack they take, they will fall down. Also, Bug and Grass moves gain an additional 2 Base Power.

You'll see why I chose this arena when I battle whoever takes this.

Open Challenge: 2v2 NFE Singles!
2 Day DQ
1 Recovery/5 Chills/1 Sub
Arena: WarioWare!

An artificial environment with no external water source or natural grass. Digging and seismic moves are allowed. Weather is allowed.

At the beginning of each round, the ref will give a task to the participating pokemon to perform during the round. It can be anything as long as all active pokemon can feasibly accomplish it (eg, use non-STAB moves only). Any pokemon that fail to complete the task take damage equal to 1/4 of their max HP.

I'd also like to request that items be on, even if just for training.

Who's in?
Yes, please. =]

Switch = OK
Items = On
1 Ability
Seeking a ref for this. Who wants some shiny UC?

I will also ref SimonSays vs Lord_Jesseus.
PM teams, you two.

Challenging Glacier Knight to a 1v1 Luvdisc brawl! (Once they're approved of course)

1v1
5 Chills
Recoveries=lol
Switch=Magic Bananas
1 Day DQ
Items=off
Arena: ASB Arena

EDIT: I will ref Elevator Music vs. Pwnemon. PM teams.

Objection is challenging Lord Jesseus to a match!
2v2 FE Singles
3 day DQ
2 Subs
2 recovers/5 chills
ASB arena - nothing fancy, except ...
Sequences = ON

... and Destiny Warrior has agreed to ref.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)