Data Battle Tower MkII (For all your Match-Seeking Needs!) [SEE POST #6786]

Challenging King Serperior

3v3 triples, LC.
2 subs
1 ability
training items
Arena: Mr. Heefloot's Magical Type Shop
Here at the magical type shop, Mr.Heefloot sells many strange and mystical devices. Within these seemingly ordinary devices, a great power is contained, so great that it is even capable of changing the types of Pokemon! For a meager price of less than nothing, Mr.Heefloot is glad to rent these items out to budding trainers for the duration of a battle in his yard. He just loves seeing small creatures crushed by Shieldons! His yard is rather regular, covered in grass and with a small pond nearby, so there are no move restrictions.

The arena is nothing special, but Mr.Heefloot will gladly give one of his precious seventeen items away to a Pokemon at the start of a battle, adding an additional type to them! For example, if the Fairy Wings are given to a Shieldon, then it would be counted for purposes of STAB, type resistances, etc. as a Rock/Steel/Flying type! Just to clear some stuff up, Mr.Heefloot says a Rock/Steel/Dark type is considered 8x weak to Fighting attacks (for an ASB modifier of 3.0), and a Water/Ice/Fire type is 8x resistant to Ice attacks (for an ASB modifier of .29). In addition, a Pokemon may take an item of a type they already are. For example Conkeldurr can go ahead and grab a Super Karate Black Belt to gain double the STAB bonus on fighting-attacks, but also doubling his weaknesses! Only one of each item can be attached per battle, and they do not take up the regular hold item a Pokemon usually has. Here is the list of items, have fun incorporating them into your flavor refs!

Exceptionally Ordinary Something-or-other: This something-or-other has a habit of somewhat normalizing the Pokemon that somehow manages to wear or use it or something like that. Nobody really knows, its just kind of really ordinary and regular and stuff.
Super Karate Black Belt: This black belt is extremely empowering, and instantly gives any Pokemon that wears it the fighting prowess of Jet Lee, Chuck Norris, Yip-man, and Sawk combined! "Be wary of flying feet and fists," it says on the genuine label.
Fairy Wings: Though these wings may just look like they were ripped off of some five-year old's Halloween costume, they are genuine fairy wings. Easily super-glued on to even the most resistant of Pokemon, it grants them the ability to soar around like the average flying-type.
Hive Mind: A small and insectoid brain in a jar, the trainer applies this item by deftly lobotomizing their Pokemon and replacing their frontal lobes with this. The Pokemon is then conquered by a strange alien hive race, and begins acting far more buggy than usual.
Rotten Flower: With on whiff of this disgusting flower, any Pokemon becomes capable of spewing out toxic, poisonous goop like no other. It really is that disgusting. Trainers are suggested to wear gas masks around this item.
Prickly Rose: To apply the powers of this item, the trainer simply slaps their Pokemon silly with it. Eventually, the thorny flower will cause a puncture wound, and its grassy juices with enter the Pokemon's bloodstream. Often, the Pokemon will have a habit of lying around inactively in the sun shortly after being Roseified. Studies are inconclusive on whether this is due to photosynthesis or blood loss.
Scuba Flippers: Just stick these finely-crafted flippers onto any Pokemon's feet, and they'll be swiftly swimming through any drizzle! Instantly gain access to water sources like never before! Note: not proven to work on Pokemon without feet; Mr.Heefloot suggests jamming the flippers on the Pokemon's head.
Torch: Light up your favorite pal, and voila! Instant fire-type!
Mad Scientist Goggles: Equip these stereotypical goggles to a Pokemon, and watch as their fur/hair/scales/shield-faces becomes instantly frazzled by electricity! Soon, they'll be conducting dangerous experiments with Frankensteins and Tesla coils! They grow up so fast...
Refrigerator: Often used in haikus, fridges apparently have another use! Stick this smaller version on top of a Pokemon's head, and they'll be calling Blizzards down upon the battle. It's a wonder what a little bit of chilled ice can do for someone!
Bastiodon Skeleton: Unfortunately, not all Bastiodon fossils were in a good enough condition to resurrect. So, Mr.Heefloot hoarded them, and will gladly preform a rough full skeleton transplant with any brave Pokemon. The sturdy bones of the tough Bastiodon imbue the the patient with rock-hard skin.
Model Train (1:2 scale): When a Pokemon conducts this half-size train, they barely even need their own powers anymore! Honestly, do they really need to use wimpy Pokemon moves when they can just crush their opponent beneath a steel train?
Shovel: As Diglett and Dugtrio show, all you need to be a ground-type is live halfway underground! The shovel makes this unusually tough change much easier.
Gypsy Tent: A Pokemon walks into this gypsy tent a simple Pokemon, and out comes a mystical psychic mind-reader, fully equipped with spoons, crystal globes, and tarot reading skills.
Rusty Ghostbuster: Even Mr.Heefloot doesn't know he managed to acquire this antique, but he does know how it works. Just give it a little kick, and out comes a wicked ghost, eager to posses the nearest Pokemon!
Ominous Hood: When hiding behind this dark, shrouded hood, a Pokemon seems to become evil and wicked, no matter how nice it usually is. It just seems to bring out the worst in everyone. Extended exposure is not suggested.
Master Ball: Everybody knows that legendary dragons belong in Master Balls! So, Mr.Heefloot will gladly allow your Pokemon to sit in this legendary pokeball for a couple minutes, giving them the power of the dragons that used to call it home! Note: Mr.Heefloot does not guarantee the release of your Pokemon, especially if they are a well-trained strongmon.
Accepting of course! All things not mentioned are standard. Though, positions are off
This is from two pages back and requires a ref. Thanks ^_^

Someoneelse

Why am I here?
Open Challenge
3vs3 Doubles
LC
1 Day DQ
Switch=OK
2 Subs
Training items
1 ability
Recovers / Chills: you decide
Arena: you decide, but make it something interesting

ZhengTann

Nargacuga
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Accepting Texas and Espy from above. Battling in my mind will mean that you guys have to face some really heavy judgement and an even match :3

Putting up x2 challenge requests 2v2 doubles babysitter

1 day DQ
ASB
Training Items
All abilities
2 Subs
1 Recover / 2 Chills

Issuing a 3 vs 3 triples challenge.
Switch = KO
Items: Training
Abilities: All
1 Day DQ, 2 Day DQ for referee
Chills: Acceptor's Choice
Recoveries: Acceptor's Choice
Substitutions: Acceptor's Choice

Arena:
Field Type: Rock
Complexity: Intense
Format: All
Nestled deep beneath a mountain, these mines are a haven for Rock-types. Regions within the mines are known to amplify sounds and carry them everywhere. Due to the shifting of the earth above, either from mining or seismic activity, sand and rocks constantly fall down. The mines are not spacious. It is very cramped under the mountain. Because this a mine under a mountain, there is no grass source. Not enough sunlight down here to nurture and type of plant. There is also no clean water source. All the water brought into the mine comes from the outside, and only enough to hydrate the miners. The little water naturally found down here is dirty with oil and sand.
-Sandstorm is always active, minus the damaging effect.
-Rock-Type moves gain 10% accuracy, due to the tight quarters.
-Nature Power is treated as Rock Slide
-There is a 15% chance the user will flinch if they use Avalanche, Bulldoze, Dig, Earthquake, or Magnitude. These moves have the potential to cause a cave-in and doom everyone.
-Drill moves gain a 30% chance to flinch, due to the rocks from above falling down.
-Rock Wrecker's BAP is lowered by 2 and EN is raised by 1, but the user does not become sluggish. This is due to the user taking care not to cause a cave-in and doom them all.
-Flying-Type moves are reduced by 3 BAP and raised by 2 EN, due to the tight quarters.
-SolarBeam's BAP is halved, unless its user expends 16 EN.

Also, I will ref this if it has not already been claimed.
Taking this! Babysitters battle (1FE + 2LC)
2 recovers and 5 Chills
1 sub per mon

Okay! Open challenge!

Battle type: 3v3 Strongmon Singles
DQ Time: 3 days (72 hour period)
Restrictions: 2 Recoveries/5 Chills
Arena: Tower of Heaven

The Tower of Heaven is an ancient structure that stretches deep into the clouds, the heavens, and far beyond. It is composed of a material similar to rock, but far more durable and nearly impossible to break. Most of the structure is open-air giving a good glimpse of the clear sky. Moss and other small plant life have grown on the outcropping on the rock-like material with small butterflies flying about. There are small streams and pools of water within the structure for Water attacks and Water Pokemon. The battle will take place within one of the many chambers of the tower.

All moves can be used within the Tower of Heaven. However, there is a catch. Within my hands is the Book of Laws. At the end of each round, I'll write down a new law. The laws restrict what attacks, actions, or commands you may or may not take in battle. Violation of any law in battle will still allow you to perform the command, however the offender will be struck down with a lightning bolt that deals 10 damage flat and ignores abilities, weakness, and resistance. The lightning bolt cannot be deflected, dodged, evaded, or otherwise blocked. It will hit the Pokemon behind a Substitute, find its way through Double Team, and will go through Wonder Guard. Pokemon that are immune to Electric attacks by ability or typing will still be struck down and will gain no benefit such as Motor Drive's Speed boost. Violation of multiple laws in an action will drop down multiple lightning bolts on the offender depending on how many laws they've broken in a given action.

For instance, Pikachu decides to use Thunderbolt on a Staryu. If I restrict the usage of Thunderbolt, Pikachu will be smote once for 10 damage. If I restrict the usage of Thunderbolt and all Electrical attacks, Pikachu will be hit twice for 20 damage. Finally, if I restrict the usage of Thunderbolt, Electrical attacks, and super-effective moves, Pikachu will be struck thrice for 30 damage.

If there's any questions or need clarification on anything, PM me.

Summary: All moves can be used initially, however new laws added in each round will restrict what commands can be used. Violation of any law will be penalized with a lightning bolt dealing 10 damage flat ignoring typing and abilities. Combatants can be penalized multiple times in an action.

Teleportation Corollary: If this arena is picked randomly as a result of arena effect, then the ref is free to generate up to three rules for the combatants to follow until a new arena is chosen.

I'll happily take on all challengers, but I prefer taking on someone whom I haven't battled yet.

Woodchuck

actual cannibal
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
fite my lotad

Lotad [Bilious Slick] (Male)
Nature: Modest (+SpA, -Atk)
Type: Water/Grass
Water: Water STAB; Can breathe and have excellent mobility when underwater, are less capable on land unless they are entirely amphibious.
Grass: Grass STAB; immunity to Leech Seed and Worry Seed. 50% reduction in status effect chance of oncoming "powder" attacks. More mobile in areas with strong natural light sources. Superior senses in tall grass and forest areas. Able to use Wrap and Bind without losing focus.

Abilities:
Swift Swim: Innate. The Pokemon with this ability moves extremely fast in slick, rainy conditions, doubling (x2) its Speed in the rain.
Rain Dish: Innate. This Pokemon collects water in the rain and absorbs it into its body, healing two (2) HP/action.
Own Tempo: Innate, DW (Locked). This Pokemon moves at its own pace and when confused, it will never harm itself in confusion. If the Pokemon also has Tangled Feet, it will raise Accuracy by one (1) Stage.

Stats:

HP: 90
Atk: Rank 1 (-)
Def: Rank 2
SpA: Rank 3 (+)
SpD: Rank 2
Spe: 30
Size Class: 1
Weight Class: 1
Base Rank Total: 12

EC: 1/9
MC: 2
DC: 1/5

Attacks:
Astonish
Growl
Absorb
Nature Power
Mist
Natural Gift
Mega Drain
BubbleBeam

Counter
Leech Seed
Giga Drain

Toxic
Scald
Protect
Total Moves: 14

1v1 training
training items
asb arena
1 day dq

you can make this as even or as one-sided as you wish. i just want to actually send this out once v_v
I accept the challenge Woodchuck, I'll be using my new Bronzor:
Bronzor [Demolisher] (G)

Nature: Brave (+1 Atk, - 15%Spe, -10% Evasion)

Type:
Steel:
Steel STAB; immune to Sandstorm, highly insusceptible to toxic attacks, but can be corroded specifically by Acid and Acid Spray, can be magnetized. Superior senses in high-metal environments like construction sites or factories.
Psychic:
Psychic STAB; less susceptible to blinding, more susceptible to sound-based assaults as far as locking on with Psychic attacks, can lift and throw opponents with Psychic regardless of Special Attack Rank. Psychic-type attacks are not godlike and cannot be used as a catchall for Disabling, Binding, and redirecting opposing attacks.

Abilities:

Levitate:
Type: Trait
This Pokemon naturally floats above the earth when released or easily takes flight, evading the Ground moves Bulldoze, Earthquake, Fissure, and Magnitude. Earth Power will have three (3) less Base Attack Power. Dig and Dive can strike a Levitating Pokemon if their user is over Size Class 4, has Levitate, is 3.5m or larger, or is a Flying-type. Otherwise Dig and Dive will miss. Ground moves can still hit. Levitate Pokemon will retain the Levitate trait when they use Skill Swap on an enemy, and will steal the opponent's ability (the user can specify if they want a foe or ally to gain Levitate from a Skill Swap.) If a Pokemon with Levitate uses Role Play, they will copy the opponent's abilities and retain Levitate.

Heatproof:
Type: Innate
This Pokemon's mirror-like alloyed skin protects it from Fire-type attacks, reducing the type effectiveness of Fire-typed attacks to the next level of resistance (2x weak becomes neutral, neutral becomes resistance, etc.) The damage inflicted by burns is also cut in half.

Heavy Metal: (Locked)
Type: Innate
The Pokemon's body structure is immensely dense, doubling its actual weight. Adds two (2) Base Attack Power to all Weight-Based Attacks. Adds Base Attack Power to Gyro Ball equal to half (0.5x) the Pokemon's Weight Class, rounded up.

HP: 90
Atk: Rank 2(+)
Def: Rank 3
SpA: Rank 1
SpD: Rank 3
Spe: 20(-)
Size Class: 1
Weight Class: 4 [5 Heavy Metal]
Base Rank Total: 11

EC: 0/6
MC: 0
DC: 0/5

Tackle
Confusion
Hypnosis
Imprison
Confuse Ray
Extrasensory
Psywave
Iron Defense
Faint Attack
Safeguard

Signal Beam
Stealth Rock
Rollout

Toxic
Earthquake
Solarbeam

EDIT: I would also be reffing Someoneelse vs Yoshinite, PM me the 'mons
please ref this 1v1 lc singles battle!

Frosty

=_=
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Okay! Open challenge!

Battle type: 3v3 Strongmon Singles
DQ Time: 3 days (72 hour period)
Restrictions: 2 Recoveries/5 Chills
Arena: Tower of Heaven

The Tower of Heaven is an ancient structure that stretches deep into the clouds, the heavens, and far beyond. It is composed of a material similar to rock, but far more durable and nearly impossible to break. Most of the structure is open-air giving a good glimpse of the clear sky. Moss and other small plant life have grown on the outcropping on the rock-like material with small butterflies flying about. There are small streams and pools of water within the structure for Water attacks and Water Pokemon. The battle will take place within one of the many chambers of the tower.

All moves can be used within the Tower of Heaven. However, there is a catch. Within my hands is the Book of Laws. At the end of each round, I'll write down a new law. The laws restrict what attacks, actions, or commands you may or may not take in battle. Violation of any law in battle will still allow you to perform the command, however the offender will be struck down with a lightning bolt that deals 10 damage flat and ignores abilities, weakness, and resistance. The lightning bolt cannot be deflected, dodged, evaded, or otherwise blocked. It will hit the Pokemon behind a Substitute, find its way through Double Team, and will go through Wonder Guard. Pokemon that are immune to Electric attacks by ability or typing will still be struck down and will gain no benefit such as Motor Drive's Speed boost. Violation of multiple laws in an action will drop down multiple lightning bolts on the offender depending on how many laws they've broken in a given action.

For instance, Pikachu decides to use Thunderbolt on a Staryu. If I restrict the usage of Thunderbolt, Pikachu will be smote once for 10 damage. If I restrict the usage of Thunderbolt and all Electrical attacks, Pikachu will be hit twice for 20 damage. Finally, if I restrict the usage of Thunderbolt, Electrical attacks, and super-effective moves, Pikachu will be struck thrice for 30 damage.

If there's any questions or need clarification on anything, PM me.

Summary: All moves can be used initially, however new laws added in each round will restrict what commands can be used. Violation of any law will be penalized with a lightning bolt dealing 10 damage flat ignoring typing and abilities. Combatants can be penalized multiple times in an action.

Teleportation Corollary: If this arena is picked randomly as a result of arena effect, then the ref is free to generate up to three rules for the combatants to follow until a new arena is chosen.

I'll happily take on all challengers, but I prefer taking on someone whom I haven't battled yet.
CHALLENGE ACCEPTED!

Subs: 3
Abilities: All
Item: Yes
Switch: OK
Everything else: stardand

Geodude6

Look at my shiny CT!
Posting 2 challenges both the same.

2v2 lc doubles
DQ: 3 days
2 subs
2/5 recovers/chills
Arena:
Field Type = Neutral
Complexity = Moderate
Format = Multiples!!!
No Restrictions

The battlers are on a solid platform in the middle of a giant bowl filled with delicious broth. No move restrictions at all, because you can safely go seismetoad on the platform and there is plenty of broth to swampert your enemies with. In the soup, there is one of each letter unown floating in around aimlessly. They are all close enough to pick up, and a battler may use one action each round (they can't just use three unowns) to use any move that begins with that letter. Once an unown is used, it cannot be used again.

Dogfish44

You can call me Jiggly
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributor
4v4 FE Doubles
1 Day DQ
Switch = OK
Items = ON
Arena = ASB Arena
2 Subs/Mon
2 Recovery Moves
5 Chills

Let's go!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)