Data Battle Tower MkII (For all your Match-Seeking Needs!) [POST THE QUEUE]

Discussion in 'Network Center' started by Its_A_Random, Jan 2, 2013.

1. Objection

Objection

I'll do it!

Speaking of refs, could I get some for these three battles?

2. Its_A_Random

Its_A_Random Is armed with many Honedges
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor

I am fine with no Items. But does anyone want to ref this? :|
  3. Someoneelse

Someoneelse Why am I here?

I'll ref Objection and EspyOwner. PM the mons.
    I'm still waiting for a ref for my 1Vs1 Singles with Complications
  4. Glacier Knight

Glacier Knight

2 day DQ
    2 substitutions

Taking! I'll show you just what I'm made of!

Note: on a phone, the gym arena is at my house, so no flavor for it yet (just the effects)

slushy canyon (open)

-Sleet weather is in permanent effect (hail+rain, all abilities and effects that activate in rain or hail do so normally)
    -no external rock source; all rock moves that use an external source become ice-type
    -floor is extremely icy, ice Pokemon gain a "tailwind" speed boost (x1.33 or whatever it is)
    -No other weather
    -at the end of every round, a frosty gale blows through the canyon and hits all non-ice pokemon (Ref RNG: 1-5 Powder snow, 6-9 Icy Wind, 10 Blizzard: all off rank 3 spa)
    -steel and fighting pokemon are not used to the extreme cold, and there is a 20% chance if they use a STAB move with base BaP 10 or over, they will freeze up and be unable to perform the action
    -avalanche gains +4 BAP
  5. akela

akela

It's been 4 days since it was accepted. Please, can someone ref this match. It is only a 1 vs 1. It shouldn't take too long or require too much effort.
  6. Glacier Knight

Glacier Knight

Also, issuing an open challenge

1vs1/2vs2 dubs/3vs3 trips (you pick which one)
    1 day DQ
    All items
    0 recoveries and chills
    2 substitutions (just 1 if 1vs1 singles)
    All abilities

Arena: ASB Arena
  7. Gerard

Gerard

3v3 Trips :3
  8. Elevator Music

Elevator Music
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Site Staff Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus

I'll ref King Serperior vs Glacier Knight, no idea why...
  9. Someoneelse

Someoneelse Why am I here?

I'll ref waterwarrior and Frosty.
  10. EspyOwner

EspyOwner

setting up a couple (2) open challenges

2v2 doubles, LC.
    2 subs
    1 ability
    training items
    Arena: Mr. Heefloot's Magical Type Shop
    Arena (open)
    Here at the magical type shop, Mr.Heefloot sells many strange and mystical devices. Within these seemingly ordinary devices, a great power is contained, so great that it is even capable of changing the types of Pokemon! For a meager price of less than nothing, Mr.Heefloot is glad to rent these items out to budding trainers for the duration of a battle in his yard. He just loves seeing small creatures crushed by Shieldons! His yard is rather regular, covered in grass and with a small pond nearby, so there are no move restrictions.

The arena is nothing special, but Mr.Heefloot will gladly give one of his precious seventeen items away to a Pokemon at the start of a battle, adding an additional type to them! For example, if the Fairy Wings are given to a Shieldon, then it would be counted for purposes of STAB, type resistances, etc. as a Rock/Steel/Flying type! Just to clear some stuff up, Mr.Heefloot says a Rock/Steel/Dark type is considered 8x weak to Fighting attacks (for an ASB modifier of 3.0), and a Water/Ice/Fire type is 8x resistant to Ice attacks (for an ASB modifier of .29). In addition, a Pokemon may take an item of a type they already are. For example Conkeldurr can go ahead and grab a Super Karate Black Belt to gain double the STAB bonus on fighting-attacks, but also doubling his weaknesses! Only one of each item can be attached per battle, and they do not take up the regular hold item a Pokemon usually has. Here is the list of items, have fun incorporating them into your flavor refs!

Exceptionally Ordinary Something-or-other: This something-or-other has a habit of somewhat normalizing the Pokemon that somehow manages to wear or use it or something like that. Nobody really knows, its just kind of really ordinary and regular and stuff.
    Super Karate Black Belt: This black belt is extremely empowering, and instantly gives any Pokemon that wears it the fighting prowess of Jet Lee, Chuck Norris, Yip-man, and Sawk combined! "Be wary of flying feet and fists," it says on the genuine label.
    Fairy Wings: Though these wings may just look like they were ripped off of some five-year old's Halloween costume, they are genuine fairy wings. Easily super-glued on to even the most resistant of Pokemon, it grants them the ability to soar around like the average flying-type.
    Hive Mind: A small and insectoid brain in a jar, the trainer applies this item by deftly lobotomizing their Pokemon and replacing their frontal lobes with this. The Pokemon is then conquered by a strange alien hive race, and begins acting far more buggy than usual.
    Rotten Flower: With on whiff of this disgusting flower, any Pokemon becomes capable of spewing out toxic, poisonous goop like no other. It really is that disgusting. Trainers are suggested to wear gas masks around this item.
    Prickly Rose: To apply the powers of this item, the trainer simply slaps their Pokemon silly with it. Eventually, the thorny flower will cause a puncture wound, and its grassy juices with enter the Pokemon's bloodstream. Often, the Pokemon will have a habit of lying around inactively in the sun shortly after being Roseified. Studies are inconclusive on whether this is due to photosynthesis or blood loss.
    Scuba Flippers: Just stick these finely-crafted flippers onto any Pokemon's feet, and they'll be swiftly swimming through any drizzle! Instantly gain access to water sources like never before! Note: not proven to work on Pokemon without feet; Mr.Heefloot suggests jamming the flippers on the Pokemon's head.
    Torch: Light up your favorite pal, and voila! Instant fire-type!
    Mad Scientist Goggles: Equip these stereotypical goggles to a Pokemon, and watch as their fur/hair/scales/shield-faces becomes instantly frazzled by electricity! Soon, they'll be conducting dangerous experiments with Frankensteins and Tesla coils! They grow up so fast...
    Refrigerator: Often used in haikus, fridges apparently have another use! Stick this smaller version on top of a Pokemon's head, and they'll be calling Blizzards down upon the battle. It's a wonder what a little bit of chilled ice can do for someone!
    Bastiodon Skeleton: Unfortunately, not all Bastiodon fossils were in a good enough condition to resurrect. So, Mr.Heefloot hoarded them, and will gladly preform a rough full skeleton transplant with any brave Pokemon. The sturdy bones of the tough Bastiodon imbue the the patient with rock-hard skin.
    Model Train (1:2 scale): When a Pokemon conducts this half-size train, they barely even need their own powers anymore! Honestly, do they really need to use wimpy Pokemon moves when they can just crush their opponent beneath a steel train?
    Shovel: As Diglett and Dugtrio show, all you need to be a ground-type is live halfway underground! The shovel makes this unusually tough change much easier.
    Gypsy Tent: A Pokemon walks into this gypsy tent a simple Pokemon, and out comes a mystical psychic mind-reader, fully equipped with spoons, crystal globes, and tarot reading skills.
    Rusty Ghostbuster: Even Mr.Heefloot doesn't know he managed to acquire this antique, but he does know how it works. Just give it a little kick, and out comes a wicked ghost, eager to posses the nearest Pokemon!
    Ominous Hood: When hiding behind this dark, shrouded hood, a Pokemon seems to become evil and wicked, no matter how nice it usually is. It just seems to bring out the worst in everyone. Extended exposure is not suggested.
    Master Ball: Everybody knows that legendary dragons belong in Master Balls! So, Mr.Heefloot will gladly allow your Pokemon to sit in this legendary pokeball for a couple minutes, giving them the power of the dragons that used to call it home! Note: Mr.Heefloot does not guarantee the release of your Pokemon, especially if they are a well-trained strongmon.
  11. akela

akela

Sorry deadfox, but I'm dropping our battle to take Espy's challenge
  12. waterwarrior

waterwarrior

Still looking for a ref here
  13. Woodchuck

Woodchuck <kryptonite intensifies>
    is a Battle Server Administratoris a Smogon IRC AOPis a Forum Moderator

Still looking for refs for both of these (rather short) battles!
  14. Complications

Complications

Ref please?
  15. akela

akela

All right. PM me the mons.
  16. Gerard

Gerard

alright espy, let's dance
  17. Its_A_Random

Its_A_Random Is armed with many Honedges
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor

Send me them teams!
  18. Objection

Objection

I'll do it! Now let's see your teams.
  19. Yarnus of Bethany

Yarnus of Bethany

Open Challenge

4v4 NFE triples with <30 moves
    Arena: something interesting
    Infinite chills/3 recovers
    Training Items
    Switch=KO
    1 sub per mon
  20. Eternal Drifter

Eternal Drifter

All right... I need to get a little training in for one of my Poke'mon, so...

Open Challenge *2
    1 VS 1 Singles
    DQ: 2 Days
    Substitutions: 2
    Infinite Recovers/Chills
    Arena: Any (Above Complexity of ASB Arena and Below Insane Complexity)

Hope the Chimecho
    Show Hide

[​IMG]
    Chimecho (Hope) (Female)
    Bold Nature
    Type: Psychic
    Psychic STAB; less susceptible to blinding, more susceptible to sound-based assaults as far as locking on with Psychic attacks, can lift and throw opponents with Psychic regardless of Special Attack Rank. Psychic-type attacks are not godlike and cannot be used as a catchall for Disabling, Binding, and redirecting opposing attacks.

Ability:
    Levitate: Type: Innate
    This Pokemon naturally floats above the earth when released or easily takes flight, evading the Ground moves Bulldoze, Earthquake, Fissure, and Magnitude. Earth Power will have three (3) less Base Attack Power. Dig and Dive can strike a Levitating Pokemon if their user is over Size Class 4, has Levitate, is 3.5m or larger, or is a Flying-type. Otherwise Dig and Dive will miss. Ground moves can still hit.

HP: 100
    Atk: Rank 1-
    Def: Rank 4+
    SpA: Rank 3
    SpD: Rank 3
    Spe: 65
    Size Class: 1
    Weight Class: 1
    Base Rank Total: 16

EC: 6/6
    MC: 0

Attacks: (23 Moves Known)
    Wrap
    Growl
    Astonish
    Confusion
    Uproar
    Last Resort
    Entrainment
    Take Down
    Yawn
    Heal Bell
    Safeguard
    Heal Pulse
    Psychic

Hypnosis
    Recover
    Wish

Mimic
    Recycle
    Signal Beam
    Swift

Toxic
    Light Screen
    Protect
    Shock Wave
    Thunder Wave
  21. Complications

Complications

Sorry Faylion, dropping our match to accept ED's.

I'll accept Eternal Drifter.
    Items=Any
    Arena=Unown Soup

I hope you are ok with me using Ninjask. Other than being my favorite arena, Unown Soup is useful for providing type coverage, so hopefully it's not too big of a deal.
    Ninjask (open)

Ninjask (Gasta) Male
    [​IMG]

Nature: Adamant (+Atk, -SAtk)

Bug: Bug STAB; more mobility in dense brush or forest conditions. Gains an extra guaranteed attack on multi-hit moves.

Flying: Flying STAB; immunity to Ground attacks except under the effects of Smack Down and Gravity, even for ground-based flying Pokemon. Will always hit foes with Dig (except other Flying types) and Dive. Cannot be hit by Dive unless the attacking Pokemon has a size class greater than four (4). Immune to Spikes and Toxic Spikes. Enhanced aerial mobility. Superior senses in open air arenas.

Abilities:
    Speed Boost
    Innate
    Pokemon with this ability increase their speed as the battle progresses, boosting it one (1) stage at the end of each round at the cost of 2% of their energy. This overrides the normal drop in stats that occurs at the end of each round (stats other than Speed are still affected).

Infiltrator (DW, Locked)
    Innate
    Through a combination of speed and cunning, this Pokemon easily circumvents the effects of Light Screen, Mist, Reflect, and Safeguard with all of its attacks.

Stats:
    HP: 100
    Atk: Rank 4 (+)
    Def: Rank 2
    SpA: Rank 1 (-)
    SpD: Rank 2
    Spe: 160
    Size Class: 1
    Weight Class: 2
    Base Rank Total: 18

EC: 6/6
    MC: 1
    DC: 5/5

Attacks
    Scratch (*)
    Harden (*)
    Leach Life (*)
    Sand Attack (*)
    Fury Swipes(*)
    Mind Reader(*)
    False Swipe *(*)
    Dig
    Bug Bite
    Double Team
    Fury Cutter
    Screech
    Swords Dance

Endure (*)
    Night Slash (*)
    Final Gambit (*)

X-Scissor (*)
    Aerial Ace (*)
    Substitute (*)
    Protect
    Facade
    Toxic
    U-Turn

If you are opposed to it, I will change my mon.
  22. feordis7

feordis7

I am seeking two matches, with the following rules:

Open Challenge!
    Match type: 3v3Singles
    DQ time: 3 Days
    Recoveries: 1 Recoveries / 2 Chills
    Substitutions: 2
    Arena: ASB Arena
  23. Faylion

Faylion

Whoever still has unreffed matchs. I will ref the first two or three posted after this post.
  24. EspyOwner

EspyOwner

this one
    and this one

pretty please :)
  25. Faylion

Faylion

Sure. I will take one more match that is unreffed. Nothing to big though.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)