Data Battle Tower MkII (For all your Match-Seeking Needs!) [SEE POST #6786]

Accepting battle, Heefloot's Type Shop

Field Type = Neutral
Complexity = Moderate
Format = Eh, whatever
No Restrictions on anything

Here at the magical type shop, Mr.Heefloot sells many strange and mystical devices. Within these seemingly ordinary devices, a great power is contained, so great that it is even capable of changing the types of Pokemon! For a meager price of less than nothing, Mr.Heefloot is glad to rent these items out to budding trainers for the duration of a battle in his yard. He just loves seeing small creatures crushed by Shieldons! His yard is rather regular, covered in grass and with a small pond nearby, so there are no move restrictions.

The arena is nothing special, but Mr.Heefloot will gladly give one of his precious seventeen items away to a Pokemon at the start of a battle, adding an additional type to them! For example, if the Fairy Wings are given to a Shieldon, then it would be counted for purposes of STAB, type resistances, etc. as a Rock/Steel/Flying type! Just to clear some stuff up, Mr.Heefloot says a Rock/Steel/Dark type is considered 8x weak to Fighting attacks (for an ASB modifier of 3.0), and a Water/Ice/Fire type is 8x resistant to Ice attacks (for an ASB modifier of .29). In addition, a Pokemon may take an item of a type they already are. For example Conkeldurr can go ahead and grab a Super Karate Black Belt to gain double the STAB bonus on fighting-attacks, but also doubling his weaknesses! Only one of each item can be attached per battle, and they do not take up the regular hold item a Pokemon usually has. Here is the list of items, have fun incorporating them into your flavor refs!

Exceptionally Ordinary Something-or-other: This something-or-other has a habit of somewhat normalizing the Pokemon that somehow manages to wear or use it or something like that. Nobody really knows, its just kind of really ordinary and regular and stuff.
Super Karate Black Belt: This black belt is extremely empowering, and instantly gives any Pokemon that wears it the fighting prowess of Jet Lee, Chuck Norris, Yip-man, and Sawk combined! "Be wary of flying feet and fists," it says on the genuine label.
Fairy Wings: Though these wings may just look like they were ripped off of some five-year old's Halloween costume, they are genuine fairy wings. Easily super-glued on to even the most resistant of Pokemon, it grants them the ability to soar around like the average flying-type.
Hive Mind: A small and insectoid brain in a jar, the trainer applies this item by deftly lobotomizing their Pokemon and replacing their frontal lobes with this. The Pokemon is then conquered by a strange alien hive race, and begins acting far more buggy than usual.
Rotten Flower: With on whiff of this disgusting flower, any Pokemon becomes capable of spewing out toxic, poisonous goop like no other. It really is that disgusting. Trainers are suggested to wear gas masks around this item.
Prickly Rose: To apply the powers of this item, the trainer simply slaps their Pokemon silly with it. Eventually, the thorny flower will cause a puncture wound, and its grassy juices with enter the Pokemon's bloodstream. Often, the Pokemon will have a habit of lying around inactively in the sun shortly after being Roseified. Studies are inconclusive on whether this is due to photosynthesis or blood loss.
Scuba Flippers: Just stick these finely-crafted flippers onto any Pokemon's feet, and they'll be swiftly swimming through any drizzle! Instantly gain access to water sources like never before! Note: not proven to work on Pokemon without feet; Mr.Heefloot suggests jamming the flippers on the Pokemon's head.
Torch: Light up your favorite pal, and voila! Instant fire-type!
Mad Scientist Goggles: Equip these stereotypical goggles to a Pokemon, and watch as their fur/hair/scales/shield-faces becomes instantly frazzled by electricity! Soon, they'll be conducting dangerous experiments with Frankensteins and Tesla coils! They grow up so fast...
Refrigerator: Often used in haikus, fridges apparently have another use! Stick this smaller version on top of a Pokemon's head, and they'll be calling Blizzards down upon the battle. It's a wonder what a little bit of chilled ice can do for someone!
Bastiodon Skeleton: Unfortunately, not all Bastiodon fossils were in a good enough condition to resurrect. So, Mr.Heefloot hoarded them, and will gladly preform a rough full skeleton transplant with any brave Pokemon. The sturdy bones of the tough Bastiodon imbue the the patient with rock-hard skin.
Model Train (1:2 scale): When a Pokemon conducts this half-size train, they barely even need their own powers anymore! Honestly, do they really need to use wimpy Pokemon moves when they can just crush their opponent beneath a steel train?
Shovel: As Diglett and Dugtrio show, all you need to be a ground-type is live halfway underground! The shovel makes this unusually tough change much easier.
Gypsy Tent: A Pokemon walks into this gypsy tent a simple Pokemon, and out comes a mystical psychic mind-reader, fully equipped with spoons, crystal globes, and tarot reading skills.
Rusty Ghostbuster: Even Mr.Heefloot doesn't know he managed to acquire this antique, but he does know how it works. Just give it a little kick, and out comes a wicked ghost, eager to posses the nearest Pokemon!
Ominous Hood: When hiding behind this dark, shrouded hood, a Pokemon seems to become evil and wicked, no matter how nice it usually is. It just seems to bring out the worst in everyone. Extended exposure is not suggested.
Master Ball: Everybody knows that legendary dragons belong in Master Balls! So, Mr.Heefloot will gladly allow your Pokemon to sit in this legendary pokeball for a couple minutes, giving them the power of the dragons that used to call it home! Note: Mr.Heefloot does not guarantee the release of your Pokemon, especially if they are a well-trained strongmon.

Dogfish44

You can call me Jiggly
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributor
4v4 LC Doubles
1 Day DQ
Training Items
All Abilities
2 Substitutions
ASB Arena

I don't really care what else, so... yeah.

Okay, we've already had three refs for this match and it's been going on for 2 months.. so I'm sure ZT would share my sentiments of being eternally grateful to anyone who would subref this match for us so we can hopefully wrap it up rather soon. Thankyou :)

Okay, we've already had three refs for this match and it's been going on for 2 months.. so I'm sure ZT would share my sentiments of being eternally grateful to anyone who would subref this match for us so we can hopefully wrap it up rather soon. Thankyou :)
Taking this. I should get the next round up in a day or two, since I have to gather up everything that happened in the battle. :]

ZhengTann

Nargacuga
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Taking this. I should get the next round up in a day or two, since I have to gather up everything that happened in the battle. :]
I love you Wolfe. Even though I dropped a PM to Geodud6 before I read this thread :(

On another note, I'm opening a challenge:

4v4 LC Doubles
2 day DQ
Items = Training
2 Recoveries / 5 Chills
2 Substitutions per mon

Anything else up to whoever takes it.

I love you Wolfe. Even though I dropped a PM to Geodud6 before I read this thread :(

On another note, I'm opening a challenge:

4v4 LC Doubles
2 day DQ
Items = Training
2 Recoveries / 5 Chills
2 Substitutions per mon

Anything else up to whoever takes it.
I accept.
Switch = KO
All Abilities
ASB Arena

Need to get some fights up:

6v6 Brawl
2 Day Player/4 Day Ref DQ
2 substitutes to spread amonst your team, not counting KO Subs
1 Recovery/1 Chill
Items=Training
All Abilities
ASB Arena

Seeking:
Beginner Battle:

1vs.1,singles
DQ:4
3 subs
ASB arena, you can choose a different arena for moving first though.

Also challenged Kecleon352 to:
2vs.2 Singles
Recovers0/chill4
Switch:Ok
Ability:all
Items:all
DQ:3 days
3 subs
ASB Arena

We have already agreed to this so all we need a Ref.
Ill accept this to get back in the swing of things round here

Switch = DUH
Abilities off
Items off
^ Refs?

Since my battle against inanimate blob has been postponed, I will put forward a challenge for King Serperior

2v2 Singles
Items: No
Abilities: All
3 recovers; 5 chills
2 subs
Switch: Yes
3 days DQ
(I'll let KS choose the battlefield.)
Still up for grabs. If someone else wants to battle, then I'll accept.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
OPEN CHALLENGE

2v2 FE Singles
3 Day DQ Time
∞ Recoveries/∞ Chills per Pokemon
2 Substitutions
Switch = OK
Abilities = ALL
Items = ON
Arena: ASB Tournament Arena: The Future
Field Type: Neutral
Complexity: Moderate
Format: All

Restrictions: No Restrictions

Description: Surrounded by thousands of screaming Pokémon fans, the ASB Arena can be best described as a standard Pokemon battling arena. In the centre of the arena lies a dirt-based floor outlined to show two separate sides (with a white Poké Ball centre). Surrounding the dirt is a moat filled with water. The moat is about 4.5m wide & creates a perimeter around the dirt arena. The arena itself is 24m wide, 33m long. All moves, weathers, and abilities are legal for the match, since it is an outdoor arena with a large water source & packed dirt. Pokémon must stay in the arena (or the dimensions of the arena in the case of Flying Pokémon, who cannot leave the arena & cannot fly higher than 18m). This prevents Pokémon from injuring the crowd watching the tournament. There are no outside interruptions by fans, Pokémon, or other elements not associated with the current battle. However, this is not in the present day though, this is in the future; An ASB after the Stat Boosters reforms. An ASB where decay is non-existent, & an ASB where the increment is increased. The question is, though, could ASB still be balanced after these reforms? Time to find out.

Mechanics:

• All moves & abilities (Except Anger Point) that alter the stage of a stat, whether it be Attack, Defence, Sp. Attack, Sp. Defence, Speed, Accuracy, & Evasion, are all maintained at the end of each round; i.e. Stat Boosts do not decay.
  • The damage increment for Attack, Defence, Sp. Attack, & Sp. Defence boosts is increased to 2 from 1.75.
  • The Stage Difference boost will remain outside the SE Multiplier, however.
Summary: This is basically what ASB could look like after the whole Stat Boosters saga has come to an end. Possibly.

Open Challenge!!

3v3 Singles Beginner Battle
3 Day Disqualification
2 Substitutions
Arena:
Field Type = Neutral
Complexity = Moderate
Format = Multiples!!!
No Restrictions

The battlers are on a solid platform in the middle of a giant bowl filled with delicious broth. No move restrictions at all, because you can safely go seismetoad on the platform and there is plenty of broth to swampert your enemies with. In the soup, there is one of each letter unown floating in around aimlessly. They are all close enough to pick up, and a battler may use one action each round (they can't just use three unowns) to use any move that begins with that letter. Once an unown is used, it cannot be used again.

Canceling this challenge I put out a few days ago:
Another challenge:

Open 1v1 NFE
Switch = Wut?
Flavour actions are not just allowed, but encouraged
Training items
3 subs per round
3 chills/1 recovery

Everything else acceptor's choice.
To accept this one:
Open Challenge!!

3v3 Singles Beginner Battle
3 Day Disqualification
2 Substitutions
Arena:
Field Type = Neutral
Complexity = Moderate
Format = Multiples!!!
No Restrictions

The battlers are on a solid platform in the middle of a giant bowl filled with delicious broth. No move restrictions at all, because you can safely go seismetoad on the platform and there is plenty of broth to swampert your enemies with. In the soup, there is one of each letter unown floating in around aimlessly. They are all close enough to pick up, and a battler may use one action each round (they can't just use three unowns) to use any move that begins with that letter. Once an unown is used, it cannot be used again.
1 Recover/1 Chill
Switch=KO
All Abilities
Training Items

Good luck, have fun, blah blah blah. Welcome to ASB!

EDIT: Reffing Un vs. Incoleo.
Challenging user Incoleo!
3v3 LC Singles
He/She picks arena
3 Day DQ
2 Subs
2R/5C
EDIT: Items=Training
Switch=OK

EDIT: Reffing Un vs. Incoleo.
Challenging user Incoleo!
3v3 LC Singles
He/She picks arena
3 Day DQ
2 Subs
2R/5C
EDIT: Items=Training
Switch=OK
Accepted!!
Abilities = ALL
Arena:
Field Type: Electric/Rock
Complexity: Simple/Moderate
Restrictions: Water source far below (costing extra energy to use), seismic activity will cause crystals to drop, electric and rock moves get +2 BAP, no weather.

This is a colosseum from Pokemon Battle Revolution. It is an underground cave with crystals glowing with electricity (or at least that is how I perceive it). There is a nicely painted arena-rectangle for battling, but that certainly doesn't define any boundaries. This cave is just charged with electricity and full of rock. All electric or rock moves get +3 to their base attack power. There is no water supply except for down below, so it takes extra energy (3 energy) to summon it up for moves like Surf. If any seismic activity should take place, all Pokemon are hit will crystals (a 4 BAP physical electric attack with 3 Attack). Since it is an underground cave, no weather can reach the arena. It should make for interesting battles - it could potentially even be a gym if someone wanted to use it for that!

By my count, Incoleo, you have just one battle slot open. Mind if I take the third?

Challenging Incoleo to a battle!

3v3
Singles
LC only
2 Recovers
5 Chills
Switch = KO
Training Items

Arena:
Between the Earth and the Underworld lies the River Styx. The Greek gods and goddesses were bound to the Styx and swore oaths upon it. There are many hazards in this place and most are not pretty. The River Styx also grants great power to the user who promises upon it......and great danger to those who break their promises......

• Moves that utilize outside water sources will use the water from the River Styx. Because of the water's deadly properties, final damage delt by these attacks are increased by 3.
  • Flying is impossible in the Underworld. No Fly.
  • If Bounce is used, it cannot evade attacks. Digging and Diving are also allowed, but Diving into the water causes 5 flat damage to the user per action that the user remains underwater.
  • Digging means burrowing into the mud and dirt, tainted by the sins of others. This causes a flat 5 damage per action to the user.
  • All other moves are allowed
Now, there is a ferryman by the name of Charon that comes every 2 rounds on A1. When he comes, the pokemon have a choice of giving their held item as payment for safety from his curse (Giving the item costs an action). If a pokemon has no item and has not already given away their item or refuses to hand their's over, Charon will deal a flat 20 damage to them. This damage is delt if the pokemon's item was tricked away or knocked off.

At a cost of 20HP and 20Energy at the beginning of a Round, a pokemon can gain "Indestructability" for the round. Indestructability means complete immunity to status. All damage delt by the foe is made 0. However, while under Indestructability, all damage done by the user is cut in half. Cannot chill the round Indestructability is used or the round after. For the same length of time, the user cannot regain HP by any means. All status's that the user currently has are removed and stat changes are returned to normal.

Because we are deep underground, there can be no weather. Rock attacks that requre external rock sources uses the bones on the banks of the river. These bones make the rock attack have a 50% chance of becoming a Ghost type. All attacks using these bones have an additional 20% flinch chance on top of their normal move chances

All grass attacks that require an external grass sourse have to use the poisoned grass in the surroundings. This gives these grass moves have a 50% chance of becoming Poison typed instead. Grass attacks that become poison by this effect corrodes Steel types. All grass attacks using this external source have a 10% chance of Toxic Poison on top of their normal move chances.

There is a cursed air that has a 20% chance to make pokemon using 10 BAP or higher attacks flinch that action.....

Notice the part that's crossed out? Yea, as you are new, you have no items, so that part wouldn't be fair. Hahaha

Good Luck!

Also challenged Kecleon352 to:
2vs.2 Singles
Recovers0/chill4
Switch:Ok
Ability:all
Items:all
DQ:3 days
3 subs
ASB Arena

We have already agreed to this so all we need a Ref.
I accept this challenge since I barely have anything else going on. Now, all we need is a referee. Any volunteers?

By my count, Incoleo, you have just one battle slot open. Mind if I take the third?

Challenging Incoleo to a battle!

3v3
Singles
LC only
2 Recovers
5 Chills
Switch = KO
Training Items

Arena:
Between the Earth and the Underworld lies the River Styx. The Greek gods and goddesses were bound to the Styx and swore oaths upon it. There are many hazards in this place and most are not pretty. The River Styx also grants great power to the user who promises upon it......and great danger to those who break their promises......

• Moves that utilize outside water sources will use the water from the River Styx. Because of the water's deadly properties, final damage delt by these attacks are increased by 3.
  • Flying is impossible in the Underworld. No Fly.
  • If Bounce is used, it cannot evade attacks. Digging and Diving are also allowed, but Diving into the water causes 5 flat damage to the user per action that the user remains underwater.
  • Digging means burrowing into the mud and dirt, tainted by the sins of others. This causes a flat 5 damage per action to the user.
  • All other moves are allowed
Now, there is a ferryman by the name of Charon that comes every 2 rounds on A1. When he comes, the pokemon have a choice of giving their held item as payment for safety from his curse (Giving the item costs an action). If a pokemon has no item and has not already given away their item or refuses to hand their's over, Charon will deal a flat 20 damage to them. This damage is delt if the pokemon's item was tricked away or knocked off.

At a cost of 20HP and 20Energy at the beginning of a Round, a pokemon can gain "Indestructability" for the round. Indestructability means complete immunity to status. All damage delt by the foe is made 0. However, while under Indestructability, all damage done by the user is cut in half. Cannot chill the round Indestructability is used or the round after. For the same length of time, the user cannot regain HP by any means. All status's that the user currently has are removed and stat changes are returned to normal.

Because we are deep underground, there can be no weather. Rock attacks that requre external rock sources uses the bones on the banks of the river. These bones make the rock attack have a 50% chance of becoming a Ghost type. All attacks using these bones have an additional 20% flinch chance on top of their normal move chances

All grass attacks that require an external grass sourse have to use the poisoned grass in the surroundings. This gives these grass moves have a 50% chance of becoming Poison typed instead. Grass attacks that become poison by this effect corrodes Steel types. All grass attacks using this external source have a 10% chance of Toxic Poison on top of their normal move chances.

There is a cursed air that has a 20% chance to make pokemon using 10 BAP or higher attacks flinch that action.....

Notice the part that's crossed out? Yea, as you are new, you have no items, so that part wouldn't be fair. Hahaha

Good Luck!
I was just waiting to see if a different person was able to battle (since he challenged me before but didn't have an open slot) but I guess he'll have to wait!!

But anyways, ACCEPTED!!
Abilities = ALL
3 day DQ
2 substitutions

(And also omg thanks for not subjecting me to Charon's wrath)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)