Data Battle Tower MkII (For all your Match-Seeking Needs!) [SEE POST #6786]

^Reffing above when it happens, if someone explains the Arena. :)
Not actually taking the match, just putting this here for blob's convenience:

Arena: TELEPORTATION!
Field Type: Variable
Complexity: Variable
Format: Variable

Restrictions: Weather Effects, Room Effects, Entry Hazards, & Gravity only last until the end of a round, unless the same arena is rolled twice in a row, otherwise, Variable

Description: Yes, you better believe it! At the end of every round (And at the beginning of the match), the referee will roll a number between 0* & however many arena's there are in the arena compendium thread (Each representing an arena in the Arena Compendium Thread in chronological order). Whichever number you roll, for the next round, the battle will take place on that arena. Its as simple as that.

*0 represents the ASB Tournament Arena.

Concept Arenas don't count, either...Neither does TELEPORTATION! itself.

Summary: A new arena every round.

From IAR's Arena Compendium.

challenging my alt, imanalt

3v3 Strongermon Doubles
2 Day DQ
Infinite Chills/Recovers
Arena: Olofethe's Essence Transistor
Deep within the wild forests near Eterna City, strange things can happen. And I’m not referring to Rotom, though it is pretty strange. In a hidden glade inaccessible by most (it involves completing all of the Professor Layton games and Cat Mario in four hours with no internet access or hints , after you have used Judgment, Dark Void, Crush Grip, Seed Flare, Blue Flare, Bolt Strike, and Metal Burst on the grassy rock in a randomly predetermined order. This is especially difficult because Metal Burst requires the rock to hit your Bastiodon first, which requires a long time coaxing it into wakefulness with Junior Mints) resides the wizened old wizard Olofethe. Olofethe has been studying for an indeterminate amount of time, somewhere between fifty and five hundred years, in this timeless clearing, attempting to perfect the fabled essence transition process between Pokemon.

Fortunately, Olofethe has also built a helipad in his downtime, which means you, battlers, can come and test the essence transition process. It involves duplicating and transferring portions of your Pokemon’s “essence” to another Pokemon, so that the recipient becomes slightly more like the donor.

For the upcoming battle, Olofethe will use his essence transisting powers on each and every one of your Pokemon, mismatching their essences among them at both battler’s commands. Each Pokemon will receive another Pokemon’s essence for the entire battle, and each Pokemon’s essence may only be used once.

The recipient of an essence receives two of four possibly benefits:
-Four moves from the Pokemon’s movepool (only the moves the donor has purchased)
-One typing of the recepient’s choice. If the recipient is mono-type, they will become duo-type. If it is duo-type, state what type will be replaced.
-One ability of the recipient’s choice. If the recipient is Basculin, choose one ability to replace, otherwise, just add it on. If the Dream World ability is locked, it cannot be chosen.
-One stat of the recipient’s choice. This will replace the current stat, and can be any stat, including HP or Speed.

Decide this all as the mons are sent out, and Olofethe will wave his decidedly unmagical stick around, then do some majorly difficult mathematical calculations, throw rocks at both Pokemon (beware scyther!), and then suddenly everyone has a Pokemon and a half where they previously just had one!

Example:
Leethoof: Go Vanguard @ Focus Sash! You’ll be taking on the essence of that conveniently placed Drifblim for this match against six fighting types without foresight! Vanguard will become a Rock/Ghost, and take Drifblim’s 125 HP for this battle!
Other non-Leethoof battler: Oh my poor Machamp@Black Belt! I’m so depressed that I will take Scizor’s essence, with its Bug-typing, and learn Bug Bite, Frustration, X-Scissor, and Aerial Ace!

Imanalt

I'm the coolest girl you'll ever meet
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
i accept the above Bastiodon Battle
all abilities
2 subs per mon
all items
switch = on

"I accept Peewee! You are no match for my Magcargo!"

sizzle...

"Ok, bring the heat!"

Ancient Power~Flamethrower~Ancient Power
-if bide, change actions to Smokescreen x3
-if protective/evasive action, shell smash the first instance, and smokescreen the second, BUT not twice in a row

(Jk guys, I'm just messing with you. Complications this isnt a battle hall thread, remove that lol.)

Open Challenge

1vs1 FE pokemon 30-40 moves
2 day DQ
2 recoveries and chills
No Switch
All Abilities
All Items
Arena: Teleportation!
I shall not accept this mockery!!! :P
Accepting.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
OPEN CHALLENGE

2v2 FE Singles
3 Day DQ Time
∞ Recoveries/∞ Chills per Pokemon
2 Substitutions
Switch = OK
Abilities = ALL
Items = ON
Arena: ASB Tournament Arena: The Future
Field Type: Neutral
Complexity: Moderate
Format: All

Restrictions: No Restrictions

Description: Surrounded by thousands of screaming Pokémon fans, the ASB Arena can be best described as a standard Pokemon battling arena. In the centre of the arena lies a dirt-based floor outlined to show two separate sides (with a white Poké Ball centre). Surrounding the dirt is a moat filled with water. The moat is about 4.5m wide & creates a perimeter around the dirt arena. The arena itself is 24m wide, 33m long. All moves, weathers, and abilities are legal for the match, since it is an outdoor arena with a large water source & packed dirt. Pokémon must stay in the arena (or the dimensions of the arena in the case of Flying Pokémon, who cannot leave the arena & cannot fly higher than 18m). This prevents Pokémon from injuring the crowd watching the tournament. There are no outside interruptions by fans, Pokémon, or other elements not associated with the current battle. However, this is not in the present day though, this is in the future; An ASB after the Stat Boosters reforms. An ASB where decay is non-existent, & an ASB where the increment is increased. The question is, though, could ASB still be balanced after these reforms? Time to find out.

Mechanics:

• All moves & abilities (Except Anger Point) that alter the stage of a stat, whether it be Attack, Defence, Sp. Attack, Sp. Defence, Speed, Accuracy, & Evasion, are all maintained at the end of each round; i.e. Stat Boosts do not decay.
  • The damage increment for Attack, Defence, Sp. Attack, & Sp. Defence boosts is increased to 2 from 1.75.
  • The Stage Difference boost will remain outside the SE Multiplier, however.
Summary: This is basically what ASB could look like after the whole Stat Boosters saga has come to an end. Possibly.
I'll take this up. I'll look at it as a training match opportunity.
I do not think anyone took this... Well, anyone up to ref this?

ZhengTann

Nargacuga
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Taking IAR versus Deck @ above. If nothing else, this should prove insightful while at the same time encouraging the conclusion of the discussion upon that matter in Policy Center (I thought you disliked this kind of control testing IAR, but whatever).

I'll be reffing a battle, testing out a new arena/ruleset of mine.
Battlers Orcinus and Pwnemon have already been determined on irc, they should confirm here.

5v5 Strongmon Brawl
2 Day DQ, 3 for me
2 Recover/5 Chills
2 Substitutions
Abilities=All
Switch=Special
Items=On
Arena=Straton Straights, ASB Arena edition

In the vast meadows near farming-town-in-Sinnoh-that-I-always-forget, there lays a pleasant Bastiodon ranch, run by rock-type enthusiast Don Straton. However, that is entirely irrelevant to this arena, because he doesn’t know that we are here secretly, using his carefully lined up pastures for our battling purposes.

This arena isn’t exactly an arena – it’s more a codification of brawls with positioning on, to eliminate the need to PM orders, so feel free to stack it on top of other arenas. I personally believe some of my other arenas, such as Unown Soup and the Essence Transistor, would be hilarious with so many Pokemon on the field at once.

The battlefield is divided up into a predetermined number of pastures; a five to three ratio of Pokemo per side to pastures seems reasonable. Each pasture is only large enough to hold three Pokemon per side at a time. Pokemon can only target other Pokemon in the same pasture, including spread moves. Basically, each pasture is a separate battle, however double and single battles are two actions each, for parallelism with potentially larger battles and ease on the ref. Ranged attacks can not strike opponents in adjacent pastures. Weather, Trick Room, Gravity, and other similar moves affect the entire battlefield, while moves such as Tailwind, Light Screen, and (lol) Pledge effects affect only their local pasture.

Switch phases have a special function in Straton Straights, when the normally are ignored in regular battles. The player ordering first each round can initiate a Switch phase, and move their Pokemon around to any adjacent pastures. The opponent may decline or counterswitch, as usual. U-Turn and company allow Pokemon to freely switch between pastures without beginning a switch phase, at the end of the round. Roar and company must specify an adjacent pasture to send the target to, in addition to removing boosts and whatnot. Ally Switch also has an additional function of an end-of-round ally swap across pastures, in addition to its current iteration.

I am punching your salad!
Open 3v3 LC Singles
Switch = OK
All Abilities
Training Items
2 Day DQ
5 Chills/2 Recoveries
2 Substitutions
I'll leave the Arena (And whatever else) up to the challenger.

Ok seeking 2 matches!

2vs2 Doubles
Bring a Middlemon and an LC
2 Day DQ
All Abilities
Training Items
2 Recoveries/5 Chills
2 Subs
Switch=Derp
ASB Arena

1v1 LC
2 Day DQ
All Abilities
Training Items
2 Recoveries/5 Chills
2 Subs
Switch=Derp
ASB Arena

Geodude6

Look at my shiny CT!
Ok seeking 2 matches!

2vs2 Doubles
2 Day DQ
All Abilities
Training Items
2 Recoveries/5 Chills
2 Subs
Switch=Derp
ASB Arena

1v1 LC
2 Day DQ
All Abilities
Training Items
2 Recoveries/5 Chills
2 Subs
Switch=Derp
ASB Arena
I'll take the 1v1!

Ok seeking 2 matches!

2vs2 Doubles
2 Day DQ
All Abilities
Training Items
2 Recoveries/5 Chills
2 Subs
Switch=Derp
ASB Arena

1v1 LC
2 Day DQ
All Abilities
Training Items
2 Recoveries/5 Chills
2 Subs
Switch=Derp
ASB Arena
And I shall ref both of them.

All right, now for another challenge!

Open Challenge
3v3 LC Triples (Or Singles if you prefer, but I'd like to get this match done soon)
1 Day DQ Players/2 Days Refs
1 Substitution
Rest can be chosen by the challenger (No Unown Soup please!)

All right, now for another challenge!

Open Challenge
3v3 LC Triples (Or Singles if you prefer, but I'd like to get this match done soon)
1 Day DQ Players/2 Days Refs
1 Substitution
Rest can be chosen by the challenger (No Unown Soup please!)
Bring it.

Switch=Pie
2 rec/5 chill
Training Items
All Abilities
Arena:

This arena is similar to the ASB Arena, with the exception that the battling surface is completely clear, with a wheel underneath marked with each of the seventeen types. Before the beginning of the match, the wheel is spun, and the type the wheel lands on is affected in two ways: 1) all moves of that type will cost 3 more EN to use in the following round, and 2) any Pokemon of that type in the Trainers' teams--regardless of whether they are active--receive a flat unblockable ten (10) HP damage.

At the beginning of each round, the wheel is spun again to select a new type, and the damage (if applicable) is dealt before the Trainers issue their actions. After every two rounds, an extra type will be spun, meaning that at the beginning of Round 3, two types will be selected, and at the beginning of Round 5, three types will be chosen. The maximum number of types to be spun is three. The damage received also stacks; for example, if at any point during or after Round 3 the Ice and Dark types are selected, a Weavile would receive 20 damage, whereas a Jynx or Absol would take the normal 10 damage.

Summary:
-All moves allowed; functions as a normal ASB Arena
-At beginning of match, a random type is RNGed by the ref; all Pokemon of this type on a Trainer's team (active or otherwise) take 10 damage, and all moves of the type cost an additional 3 EN to use
-At end of round, ref RNGs type again, and same rules apply
-At the beginning of Round 3, ref RNGs two types instead of one, and at the beginning of Round 5, ref RNGs three types (three max RNGed types)
-All damage dealt by wheel stacks if a Pokemon is of two of the RNGed types

Bring it.

Switch=Pie
2 rec/5 chill
Training Items
All Abilities
Arena:

This arena is similar to the ASB Arena, with the exception that the battling surface is completely clear, with a wheel underneath marked with each of the seventeen types. Before the beginning of the match, the wheel is spun, and the type the wheel lands on is affected in two ways: 1) all moves of that type will cost 3 more EN to use in the following round, and 2) any Pokemon of that type in the Trainers' teams--regardless of whether they are active--receive a flat unblockable ten (10) HP damage.

At the beginning of each round, the wheel is spun again to select a new type, and the damage (if applicable) is dealt before the Trainers issue their actions. After every two rounds, an extra type will be spun, meaning that at the beginning of Round 3, two types will be selected, and at the beginning of Round 5, three types will be chosen. The maximum number of types to be spun is three. The damage received also stacks; for example, if at any point during or after Round 3 the Ice and Dark types are selected, a Weavile would receive 20 damage, whereas a Jynx or Absol would take the normal 10 damage.

Summary:
-All moves allowed; functions as a normal ASB Arena
-At beginning of match, a random type is RNGed by the ref; all Pokemon of this type on a Trainer's team (active or otherwise) take 10 damage, and all moves of the type cost an additional 3 EN to use
-At end of round, ref RNGs type again, and same rules apply
-At the beginning of Round 3, ref RNGs two types instead of one, and at the beginning of Round 5, ref RNGs three types (three max RNGed types)
-All damage dealt by wheel stacks if a Pokemon is of two of the RNGed types
Reffing this.

2 Open Challenges

3vs3 Triples
LC mons
2 Day DQ
All Abilities
Training Items
2 Recoveries / 5 Chills
2 Subs
Switch = Lumps!
ASB Arena

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Gym Arena Test

Ref me you nogs

Texan Mandates said:
Gym Arena Testing Battle
b6p3v3 Singles
2 Day DQ
2 Subs
2 Recoveries / 5 Chills
All Abilities
All Items
Switch=OK
flavour goes here

Arena Effects
  • If Sandstorm is used it will remain on the field indefinitely, stacking with other arena effects
  • +2 BAP to all Fire moves
  • All Ice type moves of BAP 10 or less AFTER STAB are melted and become Water typed, retaining any secondary effects
  • Pokemon cannot be frozen
  • Natural Water source available
  • Natural Rocks available

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)