Data Battle Tower MkII (For all your Match-Seeking Needs!) [SEE POST #6786]

I will go on a reffing spree later.

OPEN CHALLENGE

3 vs 3 Singles. 2 FE and 1 NFE.
2 Subs
2 Chills/0 Recovers
Training Items
Bipedal Pokemon only (So they can drive the kart. Other pokemon can be used if the owner can give a logical explanation on how they drive.)
Switch = KO

Arena: Rainbow Road (SNES)
Field Type: Big/Heavy Pokémon
Complexity: Intense
Format: All

Restrictions: No External Grass, No External Water Source, No External Rocks, No Digging, Artificial Field, Weather is impossible to summon, even with a Weather Rock.

Description:

The arena is the original Rainbow Road circuit from the Mario Kart Series, initially appearing in the original instalment for the SNES. The battle takes place atop moving karts, & as a result, the battle is always moving around the track. As a result, all entry hazards summoned end up being left behind quickly as the battles races on. Furthermore, because of the moving nature, battlers will find themselves moving toward the Star Thwomps that reside on the circuit, & if you do not take evasive action, you will be either flattened by their fall onto the tiled floor, or running into them, which even then sees you take damage! Finally, there are no guardrails around the arena to keep you on the circuit, so if you get hit hard enough, you might fall down & find yourself having to catch up after being put back on the arena! Finally, remember that this is high up in virtually space territory, so no weather can happen at all, & because the circuit is made up of tiles coloured in a rainbow-fashion, there is no external anything source around, & you cannot dig through the tiles either! Who will come out on top in this high-speed battle? Let us see!

Mechanics:

• The Constantly moving nature of the battle means that all entry hazards will dissipate at the end of each round.
  • When a Pokémon either deals damage with a weight-based move, or scores a Critical Hit (Excluding Storm Throw, Frost Breath, Stick, & Focus Energy), to a Pokémon with a Weight Class value at least 3 lower than their own, the opponent will fall down the arena & will take a flat 10 damage. The stricken Pokémon will then be unable to complete their next action as they return to the arena, but will take no damage from any attack the next action as they catch up (The Avoid the Star Thwomps command overrides the lost action from falling).
    • Flying-Types, Levitators, & Pokémon under the influence of either Magnet Rise or the Levitate Command, as well as Pokémon holding a non-consumed Air Balloon, cannot be thrown off the arena in this manner.
  • At the end of each round (Not including the start of the battle), the referee will RNG an action, & publicly reveal the result. Next round, at the end of that action, Star Thwomps will fall onto the arena & flatten all Pokémon, dealing damage equal to ((8-Pokémon's SC)×5). Those Pokémon hit will flinch their next action.
    • This, however, can be avoided with the command: Avoid the Star Thwomps. This command has +6 Priority, costs 2 Energy, & cannot be prevented by Taunt or Torment. This command cannot be encored, either.
    • Suspending Fly will also allow the user to avoid the Star Thwomps as well.
Summary: Race around the original Rainbow Road from Super Mario Kart, & avoid the Star Thwomps! Also, remember to try & not fall, or use Entry Hazards!

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Also, looking for an open challenge.

2v2 FE Doubles (Each Pokémon must have less than 31 Moves)
Training Match — This match does not count towards W/L/T
3 Day DQ Time
∞ Recoveries/∞ Chills per Pokémon
2 Substitutions
Items = Training
Arena: ASB Tournament Arena

Anyone?
IAR ill take that match
switch = Bananas
all abilities

I think thats it
This needs a ref.
Texas advised that smash & I should get a subref for this match, so... Anyone?
Again, this request is still valid.

Battle?

5v5 Doubles (1 FE, 3 LC and 1 Middle stage*)
2 subs per mon per round
3 recovers/6 chills
Acceptor's choice of arena, though nothing too complicated
All abilities
Training items
Switch = OK

Anything else I missed (only arena, I believe) is up to acceptor.
*though I'll be taking 1 FE, 4 LC and no Middle Stages

I will go on a reffing spree later.

OPEN CHALLENGE

3 vs 3 Singles. 2 FE and 1 NFE.
2 Subs
2 Chills/0 Recovers
Training Items
Bipedal Pokemon only (So they can drive the kart. Other pokemon can be used if the owner can give a logical explanation on how they drive.)
Switch = KO

Arena: Rainbow Road (SNES)
Field Type: Big/Heavy Pokémon
Complexity: Intense
Format: All

Restrictions: No External Grass, No External Water Source, No External Rocks, No Digging, Artificial Field, Weather is impossible to summon, even with a Weather Rock.

Description:

The arena is the original Rainbow Road circuit from the Mario Kart Series, initially appearing in the original instalment for the SNES. The battle takes place atop moving karts, & as a result, the battle is always moving around the track. As a result, all entry hazards summoned end up being left behind quickly as the battles races on. Furthermore, because of the moving nature, battlers will find themselves moving toward the Star Thwomps that reside on the circuit, & if you do not take evasive action, you will be either flattened by their fall onto the tiled floor, or running into them, which even then sees you take damage! Finally, there are no guardrails around the arena to keep you on the circuit, so if you get hit hard enough, you might fall down & find yourself having to catch up after being put back on the arena! Finally, remember that this is high up in virtually space territory, so no weather can happen at all, & because the circuit is made up of tiles coloured in a rainbow-fashion, there is no external anything source around, & you cannot dig through the tiles either! Who will come out on top in this high-speed battle? Let us see!

Mechanics:

• The Constantly moving nature of the battle means that all entry hazards will dissipate at the end of each round.
  • When a Pokémon either deals damage with a weight-based move, or scores a Critical Hit (Excluding Storm Throw, Frost Breath, Stick, & Focus Energy), to a Pokémon with a Weight Class value at least 3 lower than their own, the opponent will fall down the arena & will take a flat 10 damage. The stricken Pokémon will then be unable to complete their next action as they return to the arena, but will take no damage from any attack the next action as they catch up (The Avoid the Star Thwomps command overrides the lost action from falling).
    • Flying-Types, Levitators, & Pokémon under the influence of either Magnet Rise or the Levitate Command, as well as Pokémon holding a non-consumed Air Balloon, cannot be thrown off the arena in this manner.
  • At the end of each round (Not including the start of the battle), the referee will RNG an action, & publicly reveal the result. Next round, at the end of that action, Star Thwomps will fall onto the arena & flatten all Pokémon, dealing damage equal to ((8-Pokémon's SC)×5). Those Pokémon hit will flinch their next action.
    • This, however, can be avoided with the command: Avoid the Star Thwomps. This command has +6 Priority, costs 2 Energy, & cannot be prevented by Taunt or Torment. This command cannot be encored, either.
    • Suspending Fly will also allow the user to avoid the Star Thwomps as well.
Summary: Race around the original Rainbow Road from Super Mario Kart, & avoid the Star Thwomps! Also, remember to try & not fall, or use Entry Hazards!
I'll take it!

Ok, time to clear some of the queue.

Sub-Reffing:

Geodude6 vs Waterwarrior
Geodude6 vs Unitas
IAR vs smashlloyd20
Unoriginal Name vs Incoleo

Reffing:

Yarnus vs Unoriginal Name
AOPS vs Eternal Drifter
AOPS vs Gem

God help me.....

If one of these matches is already being reffed and i missed it, let me know.

I am sorry, Maxim and King Serperior, but i will be reffing too much stuff, i cant handle a flavor-match.....

2vs2 doubles (Pokemon can't have more than 25 moves; I will be using 2 single stagers)
Training Items only
2 Day DQ
2 recoveries/5 chills
All Abilities

Arena: Ref chooses

And I'll ref it. Let's see those critters!

Also, the arena will be...
Assault on Tokyo
Field Type
: Neutral
Complexity: Moderate
Format: Any
Restrictions: All Pokemon have a size class of 7 and a weight class of 12, all attacks ignore weight restrictions, random pokemon gets attacked by the SDF at the end of every round

Description: The battlefield is Japan's capital in all of its entirety, from the heart of Shinjuku all the way out to the city limits. How could both trainers' pokemon possibly find each other in such a crowded metropolis?

When the pokemon are 500 feet tall, that's how.

In short, we're playing Godzilla here. All pokemon are treated as if their size class was 7 and their weight class 12. Furthermore, any weight restrictions on attacks (such as psychic) can be ignored for this battle. There's enough seawater to use water attacks, enough vegetation (natural or otherwise) to use Grass Knot, and enough buildings/tanks/laser cannons to serve for certain rock moves.

Lastly, At the end of each round, RNG one of the pokemon currently in play. The Japanese self-defense force will attack that pokemon for a fixed 10 damage.

O hai thar.

I'll show you to choose your words more carefully. Accepting this match.

3 Day DQ
2 Subs per mon
0 recovers/chills
Simple Arena! (Every mon is also gifted with the ability Simple)

Also issuing an open challenge;
2v2 NFE doubles
Training items
One ability
ASB arena
Unless I missed something, my match with Yarnus needs a ref. Also, my challenge is still open.

2 v 2 Doubles (LC/NFE)
Items: Training
Abilities: All
ASB Arena
Switch = Smeargle Smeargle Smeargle!
Chills: 5
Recoveries: 5
Everything else: Accepter/Referee's choice

2 v 2 Doubles (LC/NFE)
Items: Training
Abilities: All
ASB Arena
Switch = Smeargle Smeargle Smeargle!
Chills: 5
Recoveries: 5
Everything else: Accepter/Referee's choice
I'll take this. Don't feel like picking an arena, we'll let the ref pick one.

PM'ing my mons now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)