Data Battle Tower MkII (For all your Match-Seeking Needs!) [SEE POST #6786]

ZhengTann

Nargacuga
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Reffing Lupus and Orci. PM me ASAP. On another note NO HONOUR.

EDIT: After some talk on IRC, I've decided to implement a special ruling:
Fake Out only has 1 PP per mon.
If you want me to reff with flavour, you better come up with RP orders.
EDIT2: deadfox and I are in need of a ref.
5v5 LC Singles
Switch = OK
Items = Training
Abilities = All
2 day DQ
2 recovers/5 chills
ASB Standard Arena

Reffing ZT and Deadfox PM mons soon!
Also putting out my own Challenge:
2v2 Babysitter Doubles (1FE 1NFE)
One Ability
2 Day DQ
Switch=lol
Everything else standard
You pick arena, anything except ASB arena and Unown Soup!

Guys, guess what? I'm bored and feel like hosting a big melee.
So, I now bring to you the monotype melees!
This will be a series of melees with a max of 10 people (because nobody wants to calculate 10+ EQs/surfs/whatevers each affecting 20+ people in a single round) with a twist: In each melee, all pokemon must share a type. All battles will take place in the gym arena (unless there isn't one, in which case I'll either take one from the best contender or make my own).
General rules:
Switch=lolwut
Items=Yes
4 Day DQ (going past this will result in -10 hp/en per action)
Infinite chill and recoveries
Bring a strongmon, please. No Caterpie trolling, please.
All abilities

I'll be starting with Normal, and the arena will be YoB's Hall of Light (non-stab moves get +2 power, SE moves deal *1.7 damage, NVE moves deal *.9 damage, moves that are resisted by one type of a mon, but the other type is weak to it deal *1.53 damage). First 10 people to sign up get in, though an extra person can sign up in case somebody brings a Rattata or something.

Someoneelse

Why am I here?
Reffing ZT and Deadfox PM mons soon!
Also putting out my own Challenge:
2v2 Babysitter Doubles (1FE 1NFE)
One Ability
2 Day DQ
Switch=lol
Everything else standard
You pick arena, anything except ASB arena and Unown Soup!
Accepting. I'll use Rotom and Marshtomp.
The arena will be Mr. Heefloot's Magical Type Shop.

Also, Madotsuki and I are waiting for a ref.

I'm offering... another flashmatch with Fidgit...

1v1 FE singles
1 Hour DQ (or 1 Day if unable to make it a flash)
2 subs
2 chills/ no recovers
Training items
All abilities
ASB arena

Fidgit [Feferi] (F)
Nature: Quirky (No change)
Type: Poison/Ground

Poison: Poison STAB; immunity to Poison/Toxic, see and breath through smog/smokescreens/haze uninhibited. Able to use Wrap and Bind without losing focus. Superior senses in urban settings.

Ground: Ground STAB; Immune to all electrical attacks, can Dig through almost any substance, Evasive Digging reduced from 6 per action Energy Cost to 5 per action, superior senses in darkened cave surroundings.

Abilities:
Persistent: (Innate) This Pokemon has a great affinity for odd field effects. When it uses one of these effects it increases their duration. Moves affected are Gravity, Heal Block, Lucky Chant, Magic Room, Safeguard, Trick Room, Tailwind, and Wonder Room by an additional one (1) round or three (3) actions depending on the move.

Vital Spirit: (Innate) This Pokemon has a high vitality and alertness making it immune to sleep induced by other Pokemon. Its normal state of sleeplessness makes it take 1 less damage/action from Ghost Curse. If it is put to sleep by a Pokemon with Mold Breaker it will wake up the next action.

Prankster(DW)(UNLOCKED): (Innate) The Pokemon is always prepared for engaging in sneaky tactics and trickery, giving its non-damaging attacks an increase in priority level.

Stats:

HP: 90
Atk: Rank 3
Def: Rank 4
SpA: Rank 3
SpD: Rank 3
Spe: 105
Size Class: 2
Weight Class: 4
Base Rank Total: 20

MC: 2
DC: 5/5
EC: 6/6

Attacks:
Magic Room
Wonder Room
Circle Throw
Gust
Tailwind
Comet Punch
Helping Hand
Encore
Rapid Spin
Clear Smog
Knock Off
Copycat
Whirlwind
Razor Wind
Wide Guard
Sludge Bomb
Toxic Spikes
Earth Power
Gravity

Spikes
Stealth Rock
Wish

Trick Room
Taunt
U-turn
Thief
Double Team
Protect
Snatch
Rock Slide

BUT try to make it interesting and don't necessarially bring something that will instantly win or lose
Accepting.

Rotom [Plasma] (N)
Nature: Modest (+SAtk, -Atk)

Type:
Electric: Electric STAB; 50% reduction in paralysis chance from other electrical attacks, perfect accuracy and 30% chance of Protect breaking Thunder during Rain. Superior senses in power plant environments.

Ghost: Ghost STAB; brief intangibility that nullifies Normal and Fighting-type attacks. Can move through walls for a brief period of time but must remain in motion. Superior senses in low light and inside dark buildings. Have no vision reduction in hazes.

Abilities:
Levitate:
Trait
This Pokemon naturally floats above the earth when released or easily takes flight, evading the Ground moves Bulldoze, Earthquake, Fissure, and Magnitude. Earth Power will have three (3) less Base Attack Power. Dig and Dive can strike a Levitating Pokemon if their user is over Size Class 4, has Levitate, is 3.5m or larger, or is a Flying-type. Otherwise Dig and Dive will miss. Ground moves can still hit. Levitate Pokemon will retain the Levitate trait when they use Skill Swap on an enemy, and will steal the opponent's ability (the user can specify if they want a foe or ally to gain Levitate from a Skill Swap.) If a Pokemon with Levitate uses Role Play, they will copy the opponent's abilities and retain Levitate.
Stats:

Atk: Rank 1 (-)
Def: Rank 3
SpA: Rank 4 (+)
Spe: 91
Size Class: 1 (0.3m)
Weight Class: 1 (0.3kg)
Base Rank Total: 16

Cut
Atk: Rank 2 (-)
SpA: Rank 5 (+)
SpD: Rank 4
Spe: 86
Size Class: 2 (1.3m)
Weight Class: 3 (25.3 kg)

Fridge
Size Class: 4 (2.3m)
Weight Class: 5 (100.03kg)

Heat
Size Class: 2 (1.3m)
Weight Class: 3 (25.3kg)

Spin
Size Class: 1 (0.8m)
Weight Class: 2 (10.3kg)

Wash
Size Class: 3 (1.8m)
Weight Class: 4 (50.3kg)

EC: N/A
MC: 0
DC: N/A

Attacks:
Trick
Astonish
Thunder Wave
Thundershock
Confuse Ray
Uproar
Double Team
Shock Wave
Ominous Wind
Substitute
Electro Ball
Hex
Charge
Discharge

Thundershock / Overheat / Blizzard / Hydro Pump / Leaf Storm / Air Slash

Dark Pulse
Electroweb
Mud-Slap
Pain Split
Signal Beam
Snore
Spite
Sucker Punch
Swift

Toxic
Hidden Power
Sunny Day
Light Screen
Protect
Rain Dance
Telekinesis
Frustration
Thunderbolt
Thunder
Return
Shadow Ball
Reflect
Facade
Secret Power (PG)
Rest
Thief
Round
Charge Beam
Endure (PG)
Will-O-Wisp
Flash
Volt Switch
Psych Up
Sleep Talk (PG)
Natural Gift (PG)
Dream Eater
Swagger

That's what I'm using, with an Amulet Coin. This could be interesting.
Reffing, I'll have it up in a minute

EDIT: Also, both these challenges are still open
MORE BLOOD FOR THE PORTAL QUEEN!

Issuing 2 identical challenges:
1v1 FE singles
1 Day DQ
2 subs
2 chills/ no recovers
Training items
All abilities
ASB arena

Please don't bring anything that will end up one-rounding my mon or that will get one-rounded by me
Using this sweet honey:

Jynx (Chell) Female
Nature: Timid (+Spe, -Atk, +14% Acc)
Type: Ice/Psychic
Ice STAB; immune to freezing and Sheer Cold, no vision loss or damage in Hail or snowstorm conditions, perfectly accurate and 30% Protect breaking Blizzard in Hail. Superior senses and mobility in frozen caves and other frigid arenas
Psychic STAB; less susceptible to blinding, more susceptible to sound-based assaults as far as locking on with Psychic attacks, can lift and throw opponents with Psychic attacks regardless of weight difference. Psychic-type attacks are not godlike and cannot be used as a catchall for Disabling, Binding, and redirecting opposing attacks.

Abilities:
Oblivious:
(Innate) This Pokemon is incapable of being affected by Attract, Cute Charm, or Captivate.
Forewarn: (Innate) This Pokemon has the ability to sense the opponents super-effective, OHKO, and explosive attacks, and has a percentage (%) chance to evade equal to one (1) plus (+) double (x2) the move's base attack power. This percentage chance (%) is applied to the attacking move's base accuracy.
Dry Skin (DW ABILITY- UNLOCKED): (Innate) This Pokemon has spongy, yet sensitive skin, causing it to burn in bright sunlight for damage but absorb water and heal damaged tissues in rain. This effect results in dealing two (2) damage/action to this Pokemon in sunlight and recovering two (2) HP/action in rain. In addition, the dry skin is very vulnerable to flames and the Base Attack Power of incoming Fire attacks is increased by two (2). The Pokemon absorbs the damage of water attacks and recovers 25% of HP the damage that would have been inflicted.

Stats:
HP: 100
Atk: Rank 1 (-)
Def: Rank 2
SpA: Rank 4
Spe: 110 (+)
Size Class: 3
Weight Class: 3
Base Rank Total: 17

EC: 6/6
DC: 5/5

Attacks: (28/ 110 total moves)
Physical:
Bide
Counter
Fake Out
Heart Stamp
Lick
Pound

Special:
Blizzard
Confusion
Ice Beam
Shadow Ball
Powder Snow
Psychic
Wring Out

Copycat
Endure
Lucky Chant
Mean Look
Miracle Eye
Perish Song
Protect
Sing
Substitute
Sweet Kiss
Teleport
Wish

Engineer Pikachu

Good morning, you bastards!
is a Contributor Alumnus
ACCEPT

3 subs per pokemon
infinite chills / recovers

Arena: Typing Inversion Chamber II

All moves are allowed. At the end of each round, a random type is chosen to be inverted, which reverses weaknesses and resistances except for immunities with retain their immunity. Abilities that cause a weakness to the chosen type will retain the weakness, while the same holds true for abilities that grant resistances as well. If a type is chosen twice in a row, the move effectiveness on that type will return to normal.

Orcinus Duo

Banned deucer.
[1:18pm] orcinus: what the hell
[1:18pm] orcinus: is that avatar

Anyhoo.

3v3 trips
Training Items
5 chills no rec
2 subs per mon
All Abilities
Ref's Mind/Warioware/ASB arena (Ref's choice)

anything i missed up to ref decision

King Serperior's 2K Challenge!!

Wow! It has been a long time since I started here. I would like to announce that today, I am engaging in my first real 6V6 that I am actually planning on not canceling.

My foe will be none other than UllarWarlord himself. Ullar, do you fear death? Does it flow through your veins and into your soul? Perhaps not.....I will never know. However, we will be battling where death doesn't exist anymore.....

Between the Earth and the Underworld lies the River Styx. The Greek gods and goddesses were bound to the Styx and swore oaths upon it. There are many hazards in this place and most are not pretty. The River Styx also grants great power to the user who promises upon it......and great danger to those who break their promises......

• Moves that utilize outside water sources will use the water from the River Styx. Because of the water's deadly properties, final damage delt by these attacks are increased by 3.
  • Flying is impossible in the Underworld. No Fly.
  • If Bounce is used, it cannot evade attacks. Digging and Diving are also allowed, but Diving into the water causes 5 flat damage to the user per action that the user remains underwater.
  • All other moves are allowed
Now, there is a ferryman by the name of Charon that comes every 2 rounds on A1. When he comes, the pokemon have a choice of giving their held item as payment for safety from his curse (Giving the item costs an action). If a pokemon has no item and has not already given away their item or refuses to hand their's over, Charon will deal a flat 15 damage to them.

At a cost of 20HP and 20Energy, a pokemon can gain "Indestructability" for the round. Indestructability means complete immunity to status, all damage delt by the foe is cut in half. Cannot chill the round Indestructability is used or the round after. For the same length of time, the user cannot regain HP by any means. All status's that the user currently has are removed and stat changes are returned to normal.

6v6 FE Doubles
5/5 Recover/Chills
3 day DQ (Players) ~ 4 day DQ (Ref)
All abilities
All items

Matezoide has already agreed to be the ref beforehand. Now, on to the shoutouts:
AOPSUser: Odd, but not a bad fellow to talk to.
Bald Accountant: Great guy, has always been a loyal friend
Complications: My rival and friend. Sorry, buddy, but Ullar had already agreed to this 2K battle.
DEMo_Gorgan47: Another good friend of mine. Hurry up and join my RP!
Don Honchkrorleone: This is honorary brother. Good to have you backing me up!
Flaresun: Though you are one of my newest friends, you are one of my closest. Glad to have had the chance to meet you :)
Glacier Knight: This....this is possibly my biggest rival and one of my best friends. Glacier, let us make this RP work. See you on the battlefield.
Its_A_Random: The one true king of the Scramble Challange, you have always been a good friend. I wish you luck as you finish your current one.
Jimera0: How can I forget one of my best Scrambler friends? You have a badge and everything! Go for the gold!
Madosuki: You are possibly the oddest of my friends :P Glad to have met you haha
Matezoide: You are reffing this battle, so obviously I trust you with my 2K. Can't wait until we meet again on the field of battle.
Maxim: You pain in the rear haha. You've been one of my best RP partners ever since I met you. Hurry up and post your CS!
Pwnemon: Great guy, just a bit busy with his arguing just for the heck of it. haha
TheChortler: Glad to have had you at my side in Starcraft. Hope we get to team up again!
UllarWarlord: You are my foe in this raging pit of ****. I know you will put up a good fight, my friend.
waterwarrior: Come back to the Scramble Challange!! Please? You've always been a good friend, whether it's Scramble or asb.

May have missed someone. If so, just VM me.

Ullar

card-carrying wife-guy
is a Smogon Discord Contributor
King Serperior's 2K Challenge!!

Wow! It has been a long time since I started here. I would like to announce that today, I am engaging in my first real 6V6 that I am actually planning on not canceling.

My foe will be none other than UllarWarlord himself. Ullar, do you fear death? Does it flow through your veins and into your soul? Perhaps not.....I will never know. However, we will be battling where death doesn't exist anymore.....

Between the Earth and the Underworld lies the River Styx. The Greek gods and goddesses were bound to the Styx and swore oaths upon it. There are many hazards in this place and most are not pretty. The River Styx also grants great power to the user who promises upon it......and great danger to those who break their promises......

• Moves that utilize outside water sources will use the water from the River Styx. Because of the water's deadly properties, final damage delt by these attacks are increased by 3.
  • Flying is impossible in the Underworld. No Fly.
  • If Bounce is used, it cannot evade attacks. Digging and Diving are also allowed, but Diving into the water causes 5 flat damage to the user per action that the user remains underwater.
  • All other moves are allowed
Now, there is a ferryman by the name of Charon that comes every 2 rounds on A1. When he comes, the pokemon have a choice of giving their held item as payment for safety from his curse (Giving the item costs an action). If a pokemon has no item and has not already given away their item or refuses to hand their's over, Charon will deal a flat 15 damage to them.

At a cost of 20HP and 20Energy, a pokemon can gain "Indestructability" for the round. Indestructability means complete immunity to status, all damage delt by the foe is cut in half. Cannot chill the round Indestructability is used or the round after. For the same length of time, the user cannot regain HP by any means. All status's that the user currently has are removed and stat changes are returned to normal.

6v6 FE Doubles
5/5 Recover/Chills
3 day DQ (Players) ~ 4 day DQ (Ref)
All abilities
All items

Matezoide has already agreed to be the ref beforehand. Now, on to the shoutouts:
AOPSUser: Odd, but not a bad fellow to talk to.
Bald Accountant: Great guy, has always been a loyal friend
Complications: My rival and friend. Sorry, buddy, but Ullar had already agreed to this 2K battle.
DEMo_Gorgan47: Another good friend of mine. Hurry up and join my RP!
Don Honchkrorleone: This is honorary brother. Good to have you backing me up!
Flaresun: Though you are one of my newest friends, you are one of my closest. Glad to have had the chance to meet you :)
Glacier Knight: This....this is possibly my biggest rival and one of my best friends. Glacier, let us make this RP work. See you on the battlefield.
Its_A_Random: The one true king of the Scramble Challange, you have always been a good friend. I wish you luck as you finish your current one.
Jimera0: How can I forget one of my best Scrambler friends? You have a badge and everything! Go for the gold!
Madosuki: You are possibly the oddest of my friends :P Glad to have met you haha
Matezoide: You are reffing this battle, so obviously I trust you with my 2K. Can't wait until we meet again on the field of battle.
Maxim: You pain in the rear haha. You've been one of my best RP partners ever since I met you. Hurry up and post your CS!
Pwnemon: Great guy, just a bit busy with his arguing just for the heck of it. haha
TheChortler: Glad to have had you at my side in Starcraft. Hope we get to team up again!
UllarWarlord: You are my foe in this raging pit of ****. I know you will put up a good fight, my friend.
waterwarrior: Come back to the Scramble Challange!! Please? You've always been a good friend, whether it's Scramble or asb.

May have missed someone. If so, just VM me.
I spy, with my little eye...

A CHALLENGE.

Oh, and since you didn't say it, 1 Sub per mon.

Challenging Lupusater to a match of extreme flashes!

2v2 FE Doubles
1 Hour DQ
no Subs
1 Chill/1 Recover
Items:ON
Abilities:ALL
Arena: ASB Arena

1 vs 1 Singles
1 Day DQ
All Items
All Abilities
Switch = KO
1 Sub
1 Chill/1 Recover
Whoever accepts can choose the arena.

Will be using:
Tirtouga [Oo] [F]

Nature: Quiet (+1 SpA, -15% Speed, -10% Evasion)
Type: Water/Rock
Water STAB; Can breathe and have excellent mobility when underwater, are less capable on land unless they are entirely amphibious.
Rock STAB; reduce damage from all special attacks by two (2) Base Attack Power during Sandstorm. Able to use Sand Tomb without losing focus.
Abilities:
Solid Rock (Innate): This Pokemon’s body is extremely solid and durable, and the Base Attack Power of incoming super-effective attacks is reduced by two (2).
Sturdy (Innate): This Pokemon’s body is solidly constructed, reducing the Base Attack Power from an opponents incoming attacks by one (1). The effect is amplified on OHKO Moves, which are reduced by ten (10) Base Attack Power.
Swift Swim (Innate) (Locked): The Pokemon with this ability moves extremely fast in slick, rainy conditions, doubling (x2) its Speed in the rain.
Stats:
Atk: Rank 3
SpA: Rank 3 (+)
SpD: Rank 2
Spe: 19 [19.130] (-)
Size Class: 1
Weight Class: 2
Base Rank Total: 14

EC: 1/6
DC: 0/5

Attacks:
Level Up (10)
Bide
Withdraw
Water Gun
Rollout
Bite
Protect
Aqua Jet
AncientPower
Crunch
Wide Guard
Hydro Pump
Egg (3)
Body Slam
Iron Defense
Rock Throw
Tutor (0)
Event (0)
Anime (0)
Manga (0)
TM/HM (3)
Rock Tomb
Rock Polish
Rock Smash
I'll take this.

Arena - Unown Soup

I'll use

Meditite [Fury] (F)
Nature: Adamant (+Atk, -SpA)
Type:
Fighting: Fighting STAB; ignore weight restrictions on Circle Throw, Seismic Toss, Sky Drop, Storm Throw, Submission, and Vital Throw. Superior reaction time in close quarters.
Psychic: Psychic STAB; less susceptible to blinding, more susceptible to sound-based assaults as far as locking on with Psychic attacks, can lift and throw opponents with Psychic regardless of Special Attack Rank. Psychic-type attacks are not godlike and cannot be used as a catchall for Disabling, Binding, and redirecting opposing attacks.

Abilities:
Pure Power: (Trait) This Pokemon has immense inner strength that grows with its development, raising its Attack by 1 Rank for each evolution level (Baby = 1, Basic = 2, Stage 1 = 3). If Skill Swapped, the swapped Pokemon's Attack is only raised by one Rank.
Telepathy (DW-Locked): (Innate) This Pokemon has a mental link with its allies in multiple battles, which allows it to avoid taking damage from allied attacks that damage each foe or the entire field like Blizzard and Earthquake. They are still affected by an opponents spread damage attacks.

Stats:
Atk: Rank 3 [5 Pure Power] (+)
Def: Rank 2
SpA: Rank 1 (-)
SpD: Rank 2
Spe: 60
Size Class: 1
Weight Class: 2
Base Rank Total: 14

EC: 3/6
MC: 2
DC: 3/5

Attacks:

Bide
Meditate
Confusion
Detect
Hidden Power (Rock, 7)
Mind Reader
Swagger
Feint
Calm Mind
Hi Jump Kick
Force Palm

Drain Punch
Psycho Cut
Bullet Punch

Rock Slide
Poison Jab
Low Sweep

Need a ref.
Still needs a ref.

OK, I have 3 battle slots, so I am issuing 3 challenges.

3v3 (see below for format)
LC mons, preferably up to 20 moves only
2 substitutions
2 recoveries, 5 chills
3-day DQ

Now, here's where this gets interesting. One of these challenges will be a singles, one will be a doubles and one will be a triples. Which one you accept will determine the arena.

If you pick singles, the arena will be this:

This battle takes place inside a tower that appears to be made of crystal. Actually, it's made of an unknown but incredibly sturdy material that has been enchanted to have a crystalline appearance. Because of this, any attempts to dig through the ground will fail. There is no water source available, nor are there any signs of plant life to use as a grass source or even any debris to use as a rock source.

This tower is the home of the powerful wizard Atharla. She is aware of the battle taking place in her home and has sealed off access to higher parts of the tower with an invisible, impenetrable wall. That doesn't mean she's going to leave you alone though. Taking a break from spell research, Atharla will observe the battle through her scrying mirror and use some of her low-level transmutation spells to make things a little more interesting. At the end of each round, she will cast a spell on each pokemon. The spells are as follows:
  • Tauros' Strength: This increases the pokemon's attack rank by 1. This spell may only be cast on a pokemon that used physical attacks on every action of the round.
  • Zoroark's Cunning: This increases the pokemon's special attack rank by 1. This spell may only be cast on a pokemon that used special attacks on every action of the round.
  • Ursaring's Endurance: This increases the pokemon's defence rank by 1. This spell may only be cast on a pokemon that was hit by physical attacks on every action of the round.
  • Noctowl's Wisdom: This increases the pokemon's special defence rank by 1. This spell may only be cast on a pokemon that was hit by special attacks on every action of the round.
  • Persian's Grace: This increases the accuracy of the pokemon's moves by a flat 10% after all other modifiers. This spell may only be cast on a pokemon that missed at least once in the round. A move simply failing or hitting a Double Team clone does not count.
  • Ninjask's Speed: If the pokemon's current speed stage is negative, it is reset to 0. Otherwise, it is increased by 1 and does not decay next round. This spell may only be cast on the pokemon with the lowest actual speed at the end of the round.
  • Enlarge: If the pokemon is affected by Minimize, the move's effect is removed. Otherwise, the pokemon's size class is increased by 1 (with a maximum size class of 7) and its weight class is increased by 2 (with a maximum weight class of 12). This spell may only be cast on pokemon that, at least once in the round, used Bodyblock or any damaging move whose BAP increases as the user's size class or weight class increases (such as Stomp or Head Smash).
  • Shrink: The pokemon's size class is reduced by 1 (with a minimum size class of 1) and its weight class is reduced by 2 (with a minimum weight class of 1). This spell may only be cast on pokemon that, at least once in the round, used Dodge or Take Cover or was hit by any damaging move whose BAP increases as the target's size class or weight class increases (such as Low Kick or Vital Throw).
Only one spell may be cast on each pokemon in each round. If a pokemon meets the preconditions for multiple spells, one is chosen at random. A pokemon that switches out (or uses a move like U-turn/is hit by a move like Roar if switch=KO) has all spell effects on it removed.

If you pick doubles, you'd better have a lot of fairly weak LC mons because the arena will be this:

You were traversing the dungeon. You reached the last floor before the boss battle. You found the room with the stairs. Then suddenly ... IT'S A MONSTER HOUSE!

But not just any monster house, oh no. The monsters in this monster house are pokemon from the player's own ASB profiles (with the condition that only pokemon suitable for the battle can be chosen - no bringing a 40-move Tyranitar to a weakmons fight for example - and pokemon that have been sent in for the players' teams cannot be monsters as well).

At the start of the battle, three suitable pokemon will be chosen by the ref from each player's profile, and then in each action, one of the six monsters will use one of its moves at random. The monsters will not use moves that affect only themselves or their allies except for stat-boosting moves, and when they use moves that affect opponents, the moves will only affect the battling pokemon, with single-target moves choosing randomly from the active battling pokemon and multi-target moves hitting all active battling pokemon. The monsters will not get any counters from the battle, including KOC. The monsters cannot be affected in any way by the battling pokemon.

All moves are still usable in the monster house and, apart from the monsters' moves working slightly differently as described above, they work as normal.

If you pick triples, the arena will be this:

This is what happens when you put a Match 3 game in the ASB arena. Don't worry, all your moves can be used as usual. However, any time 3 damaging moves of the same type are used in succession, the third one has its BAP boosted by 3. Note that this mechanic is a little more complicated than it first seems, so a detailed example is provided.

Suppose you have an Alakazam, a Starmie, a Gallade and a Reuniclus (in order of fastest to slowest), and on the first action, Alakazam uses Psychic, Starmie uses Psychic, Gallade uses Psycho Cut and Reuniclus uses Psyshock. By the time it gets to Gallade's turn, his move is the third Psychic move used in a row, so it gets the BAP boost. Reuniclus' Psyshock, on the other hand, is starting a new chain of Psychic-type damaging moves, and if both Alakazam and Starmie use Psychic-type moves on action 2, Starmie's one will get the BAP boost. Had Gallade used Shadow Ball, the chain would be broken and a new one of Ghost-type moves would start, and if Reuniclus used Astonish on action 1 (after Gallade had moved) and Alakazam used Shadow Ball on action 2, Alakazam's Shadow Ball would get the BAP boost. All non-damaging moves and commands break all chains and do not start new ones.

OK, I have 3 battle slots, so I am issuing 3 challenges.

3v3 (see below for format)
LC mons, preferably up to 20 moves only
2 substitutions
2 recoveries, 5 chills
3-day DQ

Now, here's where this gets interesting. One of these challenges will be a singles, one will be a doubles and one will be a triples. Which one you accept will determine the arena.

If you pick singles, the arena will be this:

This battle takes place inside a tower that appears to be made of crystal. Actually, it's made of an unknown but incredibly sturdy material that has been enchanted to have a crystalline appearance. Because of this, any attempts to dig through the ground will fail. There is no water source available, nor are there any signs of plant life to use as a grass source or even any debris to use as a rock source.

This tower is the home of the powerful wizard Atharla. She is aware of the battle taking place in her home and has sealed off access to higher parts of the tower with an invisible, impenetrable wall. That doesn't mean she's going to leave you alone though. Taking a break from spell research, Atharla will observe the battle through her scrying mirror and use some of her low-level transmutation spells to make things a little more interesting. At the end of each round, she will cast a spell on each pokemon. The spells are as follows:
  • Tauros' Strength: This increases the pokemon's attack rank by 1. This spell may only be cast on a pokemon that used physical attacks on every action of the round.
  • Zoroark's Cunning: This increases the pokemon's special attack rank by 1. This spell may only be cast on a pokemon that used special attacks on every action of the round.
  • Ursaring's Endurance: This increases the pokemon's defence rank by 1. This spell may only be cast on a pokemon that was hit by physical attacks on every action of the round.
  • Noctowl's Wisdom: This increases the pokemon's special defence rank by 1. This spell may only be cast on a pokemon that was hit by special attacks on every action of the round.
  • Persian's Grace: This increases the accuracy of the pokemon's moves by a flat 10% after all other modifiers. This spell may only be cast on a pokemon that missed at least once in the round. A move simply failing or hitting a Double Team clone does not count.
  • Ninjask's Speed: If the pokemon's current speed stage is negative, it is reset to 0. Otherwise, it is increased by 1 and does not decay next round. This spell may only be cast on the pokemon with the lowest actual speed at the end of the round.
  • Enlarge: If the pokemon is affected by Minimize, the move's effect is removed. Otherwise, the pokemon's size class is increased by 1 (with a maximum size class of 7) and its weight class is increased by 2 (with a maximum weight class of 12). This spell may only be cast on pokemon that, at least once in the round, used Bodyblock or any damaging move whose BAP increases as the user's size class or weight class increases (such as Stomp or Head Smash).
  • Shrink: The pokemon's size class is reduced by 1 (with a minimum size class of 1) and its weight class is reduced by 2 (with a minimum weight class of 1). This spell may only be cast on pokemon that, at least once in the round, used Dodge or Take Cover or was hit by any damaging move whose BAP increases as the target's size class or weight class increases (such as Low Kick or Vital Throw).
Only one spell may be cast on each pokemon in each round. If a pokemon meets the preconditions for multiple spells, one is chosen at random. A pokemon that switches out (or uses a move like U-turn/is hit by a move like Roar if switch=KO) has all spell effects on it removed.
I have many a weak-mon to train!
Items training
Switch = On
All Abilities

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)