Battle Tower Team (HG/SS)

I recently made my first Battle Tower Team, and I was hoping for some feedback. Suggestions would definitely be appreciated ^^;

TRICKSTER SWEEP

Lead: Dusknoir

Nature: Calm
Item: Choice Scarf

Moves:
Trick
Taunt
Grudge/Spite/Torment
Protect

EV's
HP: 100
Defense: 212
Special Defense: 196

Dusknoir's job is, probably, the most important of the pokemon in my team. Using Trick, he'll swap his Choice Scarf with the opponent, limiting them to only one move. Because the computer has several severe handicaps, including one that prevents it from switching out its pokemon unless a certain requirement has been met, it will keep this pokemon on the field. Now, once it's time for the computer to choose it's pokemon's only move, I have Dusknoir use Protect so I can see what kind of attack it is. If it's a damage-dealing attack, I'll use Grudge to wipe out its PP. If it's a stat-boosting attack, or something along those lines, I'll use Taunt to ban them from using said attack. Either way, they'll be reduced to using Struggle every turn. Which is when my Sweepers come in.

An alternative method to this would be sending my sweeper in while they're stuck using a stat-boosting move, using the time to boost my sweeper's own stats before he wipes them out.

Sweeper 1: Garchomp

Nature: Adamant/Jolly/Hardy
Item: Life Orb

Moves:
Swords Dance
Substitute
Dragon Claw/Outrage
Earthquake/Flamethrower/Outrage

Garchomp, my first sweeper, is just that: A sweeper. His first move out will be Substitute, followed by a few Swords Dances. Then he just does what sweepers do best ^_^

EV's
Attack: 252
Defense: 72
Special Defense: 84

Sweeper 2: Aggron

Item: Expert Belt
Nature: Adamant/Brave

Moves:
Superpower
Substitute
Ice Punch
Earthquake

EV's
Attack: 252
Defense: 60
Special Defense: 96

I designed this Aggron to have as wide a range of Super-Effective moves as possible. This, coupled with the Expert Belt, makes it quite an effective sweeper in my opinion.

Personally, I think that this team is fairly decent. However, as this is my very first Battle Tower Team (and, to an extension, my first strategic team in general..), I probably won't see some of the holes in it as well as anyone else might. So, please, leave comments and suggestions. I'd love to hear them ^_^

I like this team but I think mesprit should be over dusk as it can trick then paralyze and confuse as struggle means they will still do damage while parafusion or a stat boosting move will give you free SD. Aggron is odd but I think a fully fledged stall will work as chomp will kill everything unless some how an ice gets him so something like a bliss with heal bell/soft-boiled/toxic/seismic toss. It is only walled by genera but PP stall will get rid of it. Overall this team is very good and changing will affect how you use them. Hope ive helped :)

I really like the principal behind your team. It really takes advantage of the computer and I can see no reason why it should not be effective apart from the fact that neither Dusknoir nor Aggron are exactly very fast. I would swap them for some pokes with more favourable speed stats to minimise the damage taken before setting up.
I think that Struggle is always physical so if this is the case you dont need to invest so many EV's into Special Defence
Please rate my team at http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3451411

I chose Dusknoir because, unlike Mesprit, it can breed. That way, instead of trying time and time again to catch the right Mesprit, I can just breed the perfect Dusknoir. I know, not exactly the best reason to choose one pokemon over another, but.. Yeah...
I chose Aggron because, despite its abysmal speed, it has few weaknesses, and an amazing defense to back it up.
And finally, I chose to boost Sp. Def. so much because the Struggle strategy only works for the opponent's very first pokemon. After that, if they survive Garchomp's initial attack, they're free to hit him. As he only has one major weakness (ice), it's likely that they'll be stacking quite a few Ice types against him. And Ice moves are mainly special, not physical. Thus my logic in piling EV's in Sp. Def =/
But I do like both of your suggestions. As to the comment about Dusknoir's speed, it doesn't have to be fast to be aggressive. It has astounding defense for a ghost type, so it's incredibly unlikely that the opponent will score a Critical. Therefore, it can survive the first move, and activate his combo.
Please, keep giving feedback. I need all the help I can get ^^;

I accept that Dusknoir is probably bulky enouch to deal with going second. However, using Aggron still seems unnecessary. If you are unwilling to use Hacks for Mespirit as Wacky Tabacky suggested then pokemon who can learn T-wave and Confuse ray are
, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,
I would advise Starmie as is is fast and has very good special attack. It also has access to the famous Bolt-Beam combo so it can do decent damage to a lot of threats. This will also mean you havve one physical and one special sweeper. Starmie also has good synergy with Garchomp.
If your Dusknoir strategy fails, Garchomp will asorb electric attacks aimed at starmie and Starmie will be able to cope quite well with most ice attacks aimed at Garchomp.

Starmie@ Leftovers/Life Orb (Leftovers if you dont use Recover, your choice otherwise)
Ability: Natural Cure
Nature: Timid
Ev's: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
-Ice Beam
-ThunderBolt
-Thunder Wave/Confuse Ray/Recover
-Thunder Wave/Confuse Ray/Recover (you choose which 2 out of these 3 moves you use)

I mainly chose Aggron because, as a Steel type, it has very few weaknesses, and will be able to absorb a staggering amount of damage with its overwhelming defense. However, Starmie could very well be a good substitute... However, as this team is for Battle Tower, I am reluctant to use Parafusion. The game quite literally hacks itself to make your opponents "lucky." Therefore, they'll get an astounding number of critical hits, while you get next to none. Your paralyzed pokemon will never be able to move, while theirs will. Your confused pokemon will knock themselves out, while theirs won't do the slightest damage to themselves. That's why I don't want to use anything that requires "Luck"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)