1. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Battle Tower Team

Discussion in 'BW Other Teams' started by aries54143, Jul 19, 2013.

1. aries54143

aries54143

So i have been trying for a 100 win streak in battle tower, with no legendaries... Way harder than i expected... Having trouble getting passed the mid 30s!!! xD Also, more of a pride thing, i do not want to copy somebodies team or use pokemon that EVERYBODY uses i.e slamence, ttar, etc. So here is what i have so far.

Mismagius @ Choice Scarf

Trait: Levitate
    EVs: 252 speed, 252 SAtk
    Nature: Timid
    Moves: Trick, Nasty Plot, Thunderbolt, Shadow Ball

One of my two leads i am trying to decide between, and quite frankly, i love her! Trick opponent into only using a single move and can turn right around and become a pretty nasty sweeper who can often still outspeed many pokemon. However, she is very frail which can be a problem so, depending on what the opponent uses, i may let her be sacrificed for a safe switch in for one of my other two pokemon or just switch and save her just in case. Thinking i may remove nasty plot for thunder wave, abandoning her ability to be a formidable sweeper, to help allow for a better set up for my sweepers.

Ninjask @ Leftovers

Trait: Speed Boost
    EVs: 248 HP, 244 Def, 16 Spe
    Nature: Jolly
    Moves: Protect, Substitute, Swords Dance, Baton Pass

Tried using him without substitute, had a hard time keeping him alive or my sweeper from taking a hard hit upon switching in. Decided to make him attackless and focus strictly on passing speed, and hopefully a substitute. Passing swords dances when possible is nice but speed is the most important seeing as the pokemon i am trying to use are rather slow.

Now for the sweepers!

Lucario @ Life Orb

Trait: Inner Focus
    EVs: 252 Atk, 252 Spe
    Nature: Adamant
    Moves: Substitute, Swords Dance, Close Combat, Bullet Punch

Made him before i made ninjask and therefore he has the ability to set up his own sub and use swords dance. Does rather well when he is able to set himself up but definitely got outsped too much when i tag him in after mismagius.

Dragonite @ Lum Berry

Trait: Inner Focus
    Moves: Dragon Dance, Dragon Claw, Waterfall, Aerial Ace

Again a pokemon i made before my ninjask. Basically built to counter lucarios weaknesses, hence the waterfall. Lum berry to protect him from status conditions seeing as he is usually my last resort. He compliments lucario very well seeing as he is resistant to luarios weaknesses and vise versa. However, it just seemed like either i didnt need him or when i sent him out i was in too big of a hole for him to matter.

Breloom @ Toxic Orb

Trait: Poison Heal
    Moves: Spore, Swords Dance, Superpower, Seed Bomb

Made this guy at the same time as ninjask knowing that he is slow. I chose superpower over focus punch because being only a 3-3 battle pokemon with swords dance i figure the reliability of the move hitting was worth the decrease in attack stat.

These are all the pokemon i have created so far, but i was thinking about making a new special sweeper to go along with my ninjask and breloom, so speed wouldnt be a critical thing. However, except for rain dancers, i am not very good at determining who would work or wouldnt work. Three that i had in mind were Starmie or Vaporeon, both being bulky enough to hopefully take a hit or two without dying, or a calm mind blissey. Open to all ideas, tweaks, suggestions, whatever! Thank you in advance for your feedback! :)
  2. Im Skalayle

Im Skalayle

I like your team but i have a few concerns you team is very weak to fire yes you have the dragon switch in but if that happens to get KO'd your not in the best shape.My other concern is your Ninjask its taunt bait.Maybe trading one of the moves for X-scissor or something among those lines would be great

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)