1. Welcome to the Orange Islands! Please remember to read the rules. Come chat with us on our IRC channel and enjoy your stay!
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  3. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Battle Troezi/Link Battle

Discussion in 'Orange Islands' started by BaffleBlend, Mar 21, 2014.

1. BaffleBlend

BaffleBlend

As the game just came out in the US yesterday, has anyone gotten it? Thoughts?

For me, it's fun, buuuut a major case of Guide Dang It. They never even give you hints on what the "special conditions" might be to unlock so-and-so. And I kind of miss the excuse plot of the last game, but that's just me. :p
  2. cinderkitteh

cinderkitteh

I miss more of an actual plot, but some mons are so cute trozei-style and the game gets addicting.
  3. BaffleBlend

BaffleBlend

^The gameplay's completely different from the first. You don't even move the pieces the same way. Yeah, that threw me for a loop for a bit...
  4. Hulavuta

Hulavuta You're quite bad!
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor

I finally got the game...yeah, I was kind of disappointed that it wasn't like the first one (I always wanted to play the first one but never did). I really like it so far though, it reminds me a lot of Pokemon Puzzle Challenge :D

Okay, after playing for a bit here:

The typing thing really threw me off, since each Pokemon has its primary type as its only type. I went for Gastly and Umbreon to beat Aegislash but really you counter it with Mankey...since Aegislash is only Steel, not Ghost. Complete reversal of what we know but I got used to it quickly enough.

I'm starting to get the hang of it...it is really fun. I'm really liking how you have to be fast and stuff too, very much like Pokemon Puzzle Challenge except you get way more Pokemon and you get to play with Pokemon heads instead of those lame boxes.

Totally worth the money...even though I didn't even pay for it: my friend got it for me as a gift, but whatever :D

Oh P.S. the soundtrack is really cute too, loving the Harmonica
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2014
    cinderkitteh likes this.
  5. Age of Kings

Age of Kings of the Ash Legion
    is a Forum Moderator

Oh I see. Well, I still think the learning curve sucks a little bit, but once you get the hang of comboing, it gets really good. Since my QQ post I've gotten to world 7 and I have 25% of the Pokedex completed.
  6. nitrox116

nitrox116

Oh, also keep in mind that you can't use Support mons anyway until after you beat Stage 3-1. That's sort of weird IMO, although I do understand that the game wants to prevent OP-ness.

BaffleBlend: Oh yeah, you're right. That is definitely a concern.

One thing is that the gameplay starts to feel a little repetitive. I haven't gotten very far yet, but it seems like it's always this:
    1) Line up at least 4 (5/6 if there's a group of foes) super effective Pokémon
    2) Line up 3 of anything else.
    3) Clear the board
    4) Rinse and repeat.

So far, the only foe actions I've seen so far are lowering health, replacing some of your things with copies of itself, and dropping through. How does it get harder later in the game?

EDIT: Just encountered Zone 4-6. The only Pokémon in it are Unown. Pure, absolute torture. I suppose that's how it gets harder...

This game is definitely very well put together, and I'm almost glad there's no cringeworthy story to go along with it.
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2014
  7. BaffleBlend

BaffleBlend

The game actually got harder for me after we were able to put in a second support. Like... there's always one more species without a match on the grid during a big combo...
  8. BandannaWaddleDoo

BandannaWaddleDoo

I'm torn apart in deciding whether to get this game or not. I kinda dislike the original Trozei game, as while I found the idea of a Pokemon puzzle game to be a pretty cool idea, it's just that the game's really only fun for a few hours, then it gets rather boring after a while IMO, also, the story was a bit bland. Though, from what I've seen, Battle Trozei seems pretty interesting, with the whole fighting against Pokemon with Trozeis, and the whole support 'mons, etc. Though, the game seems a lil' short for my tastes, so....
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2014
  9. nitrox116

nitrox116

I would recommend getting it. It's rather cheap and pretty fun to get better at. It doesn't have any story at all, but the graphics are pretty good.

If you're looking for a puzzle game, though, this is not for you. It's totally different from the first Trozei game and requires much more fast, skillful swapping than careful thinking. It's still really fun, though.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)