Battle Underground! Eternal Drifter Vs. ZhengTann

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, folks, we have a treat for you today! We are here at the extremely scenic Crystal Colosseum for a battle!

Here are the rules and information on the arena, as determined by the combatants

1v1 LC Beginner Battle
1 Day DQ (Applies to Ref as well)
5 Recoveries/Unlimited Chills
2 Subsitutions
Arena: Crystal Colosseum
Abilities: All
Items: Training
Switch: N/A

Crystal Colosseum
Field Type: Electric/Rock
Complexity: Simple/Moderate
Restrictions: Water source far below (costing extra energy to use), seismic activity will cause crystals to drop, electric and rock moves get +2 BAP, no weather.
This is a colosseum from Pokemon Battle Revolution. It is an underground cave with crystals glowing with electricity (or at least that is how I perceive it). There is a nicely painted arena-rectangle for battling, but that certainly doesn't define any boundaries. This cave is just charged with electricity and full of rock. All electric or rock moves get +3 to their base attack power. There is no water supply except for down below, so it takes extra energy (3 energy) to summon it up for moves like Surf. If any seismic activity should take place, all Pokemon are hit will crystals (a 4 BAP physical electric attack with 3 Attack). Since it is an underground cave, no weather can reach the arena. It should make for interesting battles - it could potentially even be a gym if someone wanted to use it for that!
First off, in the... Dark gray corner, we have Eternal Drifter, and his Meowth, Fern!
Eternal Drifter said:

Fern (Meowth) (Female)
Hardy Nature
Type: Normal
Normal STAB; adapt comfortably to any surrounding after 3 actions. Able to use Outrage without losing focus.
Abilties:
Pick Up:Type: Innate
This Pokemon has a natural habit of collecting items. Whenever a hold item (its own or an opponents) is used or knocked onto the ground with a move like Knock Off, this Pokemon will immediately pick up that item without using an action. It can also grab dropped or naturally occuring hold items in arenas.
Technician: Type: Innate
This Pokemon is more skilled at performing weaker moves, causing any of their one-hit or two-hit attacks that normally have 6 or less Base Attack Power to have their Base Attack Power on each hit multiplied by 1.5. (e.g. Aerial Ace goes from 6 to 9, Mach Punch goes from 4 to 6, Double Hit to from 4 per hit to 6 per hit etc.) The Energy Cost for a one-hit or two-hit attack is increased by one (1). Each hit in a multi-hit move is boosted by one (1) Base Attack Power, and the Energy Cost for multi-hit attacks is increased by two (2). Because Technician is a multiplier on single hit moves, its effect is applied to Base Attack Power before any additive effects. Technician only applies to combos in the rare case that an initial hit will have 6 or less BAP.
(Dream World: Locked) Unnerve: Type: Innate
The Pokemon's presense causes immense tension in the opponent, preventing them from eating a held Berry. Natural Gift may still be used.

HP: 90
Atk: Rank 2
Def: Rank 2
SpA: Rank 2
SpD: Rank 2
Spe: 90
Size Class: 1
Weight Class: 1
Base Rank Total: 13

EC: 1/6
MC: 0
DC: 1/5

Attacks: (16 Moves Known)
Scratch
Growl
Bite
Fake Out
Fury Swipes
Screech
Faint Attack
Taunt
Pay Day
Feint
Hypnosis
Odor Sleuth
Spite
Toxic
Aerial Ace
Thief
Now, in the... Other dark gray corner, we have ZhengTann, with his Axew, Natsu, and his Riolu, Gray. Though he'll only be able to use one in the battle.

ZhengTann said:
Axew(*) Natsu (M)

Just like his namesake, Natsu the Axew is an orphan, having no recollection of his parents’ fate. As such, Natsu loneliness made him grew to be very independent, to the point where he will erupt in great battle fury whenever his freedom is threatened. However, he is very much attached to his trainer, Zt, looking up to him as a partner as they search the wilds for Natsu’s direct lineage. Natsu doesn’t sharpen his tusks on a regular basis – unlike some Axews, he prefers a thicker tusk, even though they break off at pretty much the same intervals due to his affinity for intense fights. Natsu is always in a fierce competition with Gray, often challenging the other into mock spars, but the rivalry comes with respect and loyalty towards each other too. Natsu fights with the ferocity that comes with every Dragon – by fang and claw, for the very survival of his world and existence.

Nature: Rash (+1 SpA, -1 SpD)

Type:
Dragon Type: Dragon STAB; more in touch with legendary or special auras in arenas. Able to use Thrash without losing focus.

Abilities:
Ability 1: Mold Breaker
Type: Innate
Whenever this Pokemon attacks, it emits an invisible, blindingly quick pulse preceding the attack that disables the opponents natural abilities (e.g. Levitators plummet towards the ground before Earthquake hits, Volt Absorb will not absorb electric attacks, Clear Body does not prevent stat-drops, etc.)

Ability 2: Rivalry
This Pokemon has a primal response to competition and mating, increasing the Base Attack Power of all its attacks by two (2) when it attacks an opponent of the same gender in the same Egg Group, and decreasing the power of all its attacks by two (2) when it faces an opponent of the opposite gender in the same Egg Group (Monster/Ground are used for Nidorina/Nidoqueen).

Ability 2: Unnerve (DW)
The Pokemon's presense causes immense tension in the opponent, preventing them from eating a held Berry. Natural Gift may still be used.

Stats:
Atk: Rank 3
SpA: Rank 3 (+)
SpD: Rank 1 (-)
Spe: 57
Weight Class: 2

EC: 2/9 Next Evolution at 4
MC: 0
DC: 2/5

Attacks:
Scratch (*)
Leer (*)
Assurance (*)
Dragon Rage (*)
Dual Chop (*)
Scary Face (*)
Slash (*)
False Swipe (*)
Dragon Claw

Reversal (*)
Night Slash (*)
Iron Tail (*)

X-Scissor (*)
Dig (*)
Rock Smash (*)
Aerial Ace
Riolu(*) Gray (M)

Gray the Riolu first clapped eyes on Zt when he hatched, and has followed him ever since, after bidding goodbye to his birth parents. His desire to be as good as his father (who was a well-known Pokemon in Sinnoh) drives him to perfect his body and trademark Aura Sight in all forms of training. Gray is Natsu’s rival in every way, however it’s not unusual to see them interrupt their fights just to face ‘outsiders’. Like his Ice-Making namesake, Gray is a thinking brawler. His intuition for fights, along with his uncanny ability to read his opponents movements, means he can usually counter the same instant his opponent makes a move. Oddly enough, despite numerous brawls, he sometimes still can’t read Natsu’s moves correctly.

Nature: Serious (N/A)

Type:
Fighting type: Fighting STAB; ignore weight restrictions on Circle Throw, Seismic Toss, Sky Drop, Storm Throw, Submission, and Vital Throw. Superior reaction time in close quarters.

Abilities:
Ability 1: Steadfast
If this Pokemon is flinched, it becomes aware of the speed difference and increases Speed by one (1) stage to make up the difference. This Speed boost is maintained at the end of each round.

Ability 2: Inner Focus
When an opponent attempts to flinch Riolu, it stands firm and continues its attack. If it has another ability that would be activated by flinching, that ability activates.

Ability 3: Prankster (DW)
Riolu is always prepared for engaging in subtle tactics, giving its non-damaging attacks an increase in priority level.

Stats:
Atk: Rank 3
SpA: Rank 2
SpD: Rank 2
Spe: 60
Weight Class: 2

EC: 1/6 Next Evolution at 6
MC: 1
DC: 1/5

Attacks:
Quick Attack (*)
Foresight (*)
Endure (*)
Counter (*)
Force Palm (*)
Feint (*)
Copycat (*)
Screech (*)

Bullet Punch (*)
Crunch (*)
Blaze Kick (*)

Earthquake (*)
Rock Slide (*)
Substitute (*)
Okay, here's what's going to happen. As Zhengtann chose the arena, he sends out first. After which, Eternal Drifter sends out (by default, Fern) and orders. Zhengtann will then order, and I will ref. Oh, and since nobody responded to me about flavor, I will include it. Though, I'll edit it in as I can, as this is supposed to be quick and I don't want to hold anyone up waiting for me to ref.

"Well then," Walker says, walking into the arena. "I think this may be a quick match, since we are outmatched. But, I must say, this is a nice change in scenery, compared to the places I'm used to battling."

"Fern, get in there. Let's do our best. And remember: no flinching the opponent, or it may end badly."

Fern the Meowth IN

"A quick match... for quick cash. Since your Poke'mon knows Copycat, I'd highly recommend using it after Fern uses Pay Day. I must also say... if you had brought any items, you could have expected Fern to borrow it for the match."

Round 1:
Action 1: Pay Day
Action 2: Aerial Ace
Action 3: Pay Day

ZhengTann

Nargacuga
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Tsk, tsk. Greed is one of the Seven Deadly Sins (And I invoke thy name, SDS).

"... Copycat? Might as well."

Let's see, that cat is capable of aerial combat. Match her, blow to blow! And then let's see if we could paralyze it.

Copycat > Counter > Force Palm

Fern (F)
HP: 90 | EN: 100 | Spe: 90
Ranks: 2/2/2/2
Size: 1 | Weight: 1
Abilities: Pick-Up, Technician
Other: None.
VS

Gray (M)
HP: 90 | EN: 100 | Spe: 60
Ranks: 3/2/2/2
Size: 1 | Weight: 2
Abilities: Steadfast, Inner Focus
Other: None.​

Greetings, trainers and spectators! My name is Sound, and I’ll be your referee, your MC, and… and we don’t need the rule of three!

*Kricketots chirping*

I’m new at this, okay? Give me a break!

Oh, the trainers are sending out their pokemon! Seems like they got tired of waiting for me. Zhengtann has sent out his Riolu, Gray! Meanwhile, Walker has chosen his Meowth, Fern, to battle with! The trainers orders are given, and we are ready to start!

Fern grins like the CEO of Megacorp, and summons up some packets filled with energy. Seems like that was Meowth’s signature move, Pay Day, since the packets just turned into coins. Walker isn’t the only person making a profit, since Gray uses the exact the same attack against Fern, utilizing his Copycat move.

Fern leaps into the air above Riolu, and descends with a superb Aerial Ace attack! Thanks to one of Meowth’s abilities, Technician, that hurt even more than usual. Gray glares angrily at its opponent as its body takes on a red aura. Gray punches Fern and, WOW that was a big attack from a little guy. That was a Counter attack, and a strong one!

Fern, using its superior speed, gets off another attack, which include the same energy packets from Action 1. Courtesy of the Pay Day more coins spawn on Walker’s side of the field. Gray is most likely going to use copy- Oh, wait! Gray just used a palm based strike! Seems like Zhengtann managed to resist giving into greed, and it was definitely a good idea, as that Force Palm has caused Fern a lot of pain, though no paralyze.

As we some to a close this round, both sides have sustained damaged. Though the battle isn’t over yet!

Action 1:

Fern the Meowth used Payday!
Hit: Irrelevant
Crit: 3266 (NO)
6 + 3 + 3 - 3 = 9 damage/2 Energy

Gray the Riolu used Copycat!
Gray the Riolu used Payday!
Crit: 9206 (NO)
(4 + 4.5 - 3) = 5.5 damage/2 + 2 = 4 Energy

Action 2:

Fern used Aerial Ace!
Crit: 9206 (NO)
[(9 + 3 - 3 - 0) * 1.5] = 13.5 damage/5 energy

Gray used Counter!
Crit: Irrelevant
13.5 * 1.5 = 20.25 damage/6 + 13.5 / 2 = 12.75 Energy

Action 3:

Fern used Payday!
Crit: 5190 (NO)
6 + 3 + 3 - 3 = 9 damage/2 Energy

Gray used Force Palm!
Crit: 6887 (NO)
Para: 7332 (NO)
[(6 + 3 + 4.5 - 3) * 1.5] = 15.75 Damage/4 Energy

Round Summary:
Fern: 41.75 ~ 42 Damage taken, 9 Energy used.
Gray: 31.5 ~ 32 Damage taken, 20.75 ~ 21 Energy used.

Fern (F)
HP: 48 | EN: 91 | Spe: 90
Other: +2 CC
VS

Gray (M)
HP: 58 | EN: 79 | Spe: 60
Other: +1 CC​

Zhengtann, it's your turn to order first.​

ZhengTann

Nargacuga
Close your eyes, Gray. We're not risking Trust your aura sight. And the Joint-Dislocating Technique (分筋错骨手) every martial artist learns.

"I trust you too."

(Gray closes his eyes, relying on the renowned Aura Sight of the Riolu/Lucario lineage to detect his opponent Meowth. All attacks that actively seek out opponents - such as Bullet Punch - will suffer accuracy penalties, but attacks that rely on the opponent to make contact first - such as Counter after an Aerial Ace - will be unaffected.)

Counter > Counter > Counter
If Fenn-Meowth uses a non-attacking move, replace with Copycat that same action

"Tricky, tricky..." Walker says, grinning, picking up several of the coins around the arena. "But I see an exploit. Do you, Fern?"

Fern, Round 2:
Action 1: Taunt
Action 2: Spite (Counter)
Action 3: Screech

"If I have my sources straight," Walker says, "Taunt will prevent Copycat from being used. This will prove amusing."

Fern (F)
HP: 48 | EN: 91 | Spe: 90
VS

Gray (M)
HP: 58 | EN: 79 | Spe: 60
Other: +1 CC​

Okay, so... no actual calculations. Can I just skip to the post round? No? Okay. By the way, flavor will be here later.​

Action 1

Fern used Taunt!
Gray was placed under the effects of taunt!
-10 Energy​

Gray used Copycat!
The move failed because of the taunt!​

Action 2

Fern used Spite (Counter)!
Gray was placed under the effects of spite!
-6 Energy​

Gray was forced to use Struggle!
Crit: 7274 (NO)
5 + 4.5 - 3 = 6.5 damage/5 energy
Gary took 2.6 damage in recoil!

Action 3

Fern used Screech!
Hit: 1870 (YES)
Gray's Defense was lowered by 2 stages!
-6 energy​

Gray was forced to use Struggle!
Crit: 7274 (NO)
5 + 4.5 - 3 = 6.5 damage/9 energy
Gary took 2.6 damage in recoil!

Round Summary:
Fern: 13 Damage taken, 22 Energy used.
Gray: 5.2~5 Damage taken, 14 Energy used.​

Fern (F)
HP: 35 | EN: 69 | Spe: 90
VS

Gray (M)
HP: 53 | EN: 65 | Spe: 60
Other: +1 CC, Taunt(3 Actions),
Spite (Counter)(4 Actions), -2 defense​

"This shall be interesting..." Walker says. "Let us see how much power Fern has now, though I was expecting the Screech to miss, since we've hit with many inaccurate attacks before."

(OOC: Shouldn't Gray have used Struggle after the first instance of being unable to use Copycat? And shouldn't you have rolled for the Screech attack, since it's accuracy is 85%?)

"This ends this round! Fern, end this!"

Fern, Round 3:
Action 2: Aerial Ace
Action 3: Shred (Scratch + Fury Swipes Combo)

IF Counter is used, Chill and push actions back.

Both of those problems are fixed. Feel free to change your action because of them.

Edit: Forgot Struggle's Recoil. Once again, you can reorder.

Both of those problems are fixed. Feel free to change your action because of them.

Edit: Forgot Struggle's Recoil. Once again, you can reorder.
Walker winces. "That doesn't bode well..." Walker says. "A single strong hit will bring you down, Fern. Let's try to end this."

"SHRED HIM!"

With that, Fern throws one last set of coins at Gray, then prepares to strike with razor sharp claws.

Fern, Round 2:
Action 2: Super Shred (Scratch+Aerial Ace+Fury Swipes)
Action 3: Cooldown (Super Shred if combo failed last action)

IF fully paralyzed action 2, push actions back.

Walker winces. "That doesn't bode well..." Walker says. "A single strong hit will bring you down, Fern. Let's try to end this."

"SHRED HIM!"

With that, Fern throws one last set of coins at Gray, then prepares to strike with razor sharp claws.

Fern, Round 2:
Action 2: Super Shred (Scratch+Aerial Ace+Fury Swipes)
Action 3: Cooldown (Super Shred if combo failed last action)

IF fully paralyzed action 2, push actions back.
Sorry, but three move combos aren't allowed. In addition, it's round 3.
(OOC: NOT a good night for battles...)

Fern, Round 3:
Action 2: Shred (Scratch+Fury Swipes)
Action 3: Cooldown (Shred)

IF Gray uses Counter on action 2, Screech instead and push actions back (EX: Shred is then used on action 3, forcing cooldown action 1 of next round.)
IF Fern is fully paralyzed action 2, push actions back (EX: Shred is used action 3, and action 1 next round is Cooldown.)

Important OOC Update:

Due to something in one of my battles, and relating to this one, I must bring this up:

*SNIP*​

Also
NOTE to Eternal Drifter:
I know it doesn't say so in the DAT but there is a rule (I have been influenced by it) that states you only get the CC bonus if you win the battle.​
Is this true? If it is, then my plan for cash is heading towards the drain...

I believe that that was a hotfix made some time ago.
Confirming it was decided upon as part of the hot fix, and probably should've been fixed by now. There was some debate over it a while back when it was becoming highly problematic.
[/QUOTE]

Because of this, Pay Day will only affect the winner. Winner will take all. I have already made a request in the data thread for an update to the move.

That's how it relates to the battle; I don't want more trouble by prize approvers shouting at a new ref and those he refs. Now, carry on, my actions this round are the same as before.

ZhengTann

Nargacuga
Wow, lots of rulings in Payday, and then I expected to waste R2 doing nothing instead of Struggling. Guess we're all too new, heh. But its not going to help in this. Open your eyes now, Gray. Time to show how combinations are more powerful when you the same moves. Countering isn't the only weapon we have in our minds and bodies. Also, the kitty might've made a mistake - her Technician cannot help her Shred combo, since Scratch would've boosted Fury Swipes by 50 percent.

"Will do. Claws against mind? Its the mind that is the primary weapon, not the body."

Counter > Double Force Palm (Eight Trigrams 128 Palm-Strike!) > Combo Cooldown

(I highly doubt they would have yelled at me, the only way I could have found this would probably be searching for it. While I could probably do it in five minutes, that doesn't change the fact that I had no motivation to search the move in the first place. Also, Zheng, I checked, and appearently, Counter is affected by type effectiveness. I apologize. Also, Technician will affect the combo. This is because it says in the description it says that all multi hit moves always activate it.)

Fern (F)
HP: 35 | EN: 69 | Spe: 90

VS

Gray (M)
HP: 53 | EN: 65 | Spe: 60
Other: +1 CC, Taunt(3 Actions),
Spite (Counter)(4 Actions), -2 defense​

Okay, after several rulings (and mistakes on my part), we are ready for round 3.​

Action 1:

Fern used Payday!
Crit: 6132 (NO)
[(6 + 3 + 3 - 3) + (2 * 1.75) = 12.5 Damage/2 Energy

Gray used Counter!
Crit: Irrelevant
(12.5 damage * 1.5) * 1.5 = 28.125 Damage/6 + (12.5/2) = 16.25 Energy

Action 2

Fern used Shred combo! (Scratch * Fury Swipes)​

Hit: 5759 (YES)
Crit: 3724, 4980, 6456, 8309 (NONE)
(5*4 + 3 + 3 - 3) + (2 * 1.75) = 26.5 Damage / [(3 + 4) * 1.5] + 2= 12.5 Energy

Gray used Eight Trigrams 128 Palm-Strike! (Two Force Palms)
Hit: 191 (YES)
Para: Irrelevant
Crit: 4461 (NO)
(13.5 + 3 + 4.5 - 3) * 1.5 = 27 Damage / 24.5 Energy
Fern fainted!​

Round Summary:

Fern: 55.125 ~ 55 damage taken, 14.5 Energy used.
Gray: 39 damage taken, 40.75 ~ 41 Energy used.​

Meowth's Scratch + Fury Swipes combo: 4 for Scratch / (2 * 1.5) = 3 per hit, 4 hits.​

(Okay, I couldn't find anything on how a multi hit combines with a non multi hit, so here's how I'm doing it. Scatch's base power won't be multiplied by technician, as we don't have the final move's base power yet. While the whole thing will be applied with Technician since, as previously stated, Technician always activates on multi hit moves. Then, Technician will be applied to each move.)​

4 (Scatch's base power) / 4 (number of hits) = 1 (How much is added to each hit)​

The new amount of of damage per hit is 4. Finally, we add the technician bonus, which is one per hit. This means the final amount of damage per hit is 5. That's how I got the base power.​

Fern (F)
HP: -20 | EN: 55 | Spe: 90
Other: +3 CC​

VS

Gray (M)
HP: 14 | EN: 24 | Spe: 60
Other: +1 CC, Spite (Counter)(1 Actions)​

And our battle comes to a close! Zhengtann and Gray are the victors!​

Eternal Drifter:
1 CC
Fern:
1 EC, 2 MC, and 1 DC

Zhengtann:
2 CC
Gray:
1 EC, 2 MC, 1 DC, and 1 KOC

Sound:
2 UC​

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)