Battle Within the Icy Forest (TRG v RA v Frosty v GK v Environment)(Feedback Welcome)

Glacier stared at the majestic legendary creature before him. Sleek, so stream lined. A beautiful beast. Articuno's eyes were locked to his, and the young explorer was in awe. Behind its animalistic eyes he saw ancient knowledge, that which far surpassed his own. Glacier Knight eagerly broke eye contact, with full intent of pleasing his new aqquaintance. Rummaging to unzip his jacket slightly, glacier was going to grab his necklace, the sparkly blue crystal wrapped around shining silver. He smiled as he saw its glisten, and recalled the time when his own parents presented the gift to him.

"Honey, no matter where you go, or what you do, we will love you. With this, you will be ensured safety by the ancients. It will help you reach far away places. Stay safe."

Glacier gave a small nod when suddenly he heard his partner, RK, issue his commands. "there ya go kev, stall the herdiers, and I'll get articuno on our-"

But his thoughts were suddenly interrupted by a painful noise. Glacier's eyes blacked out and filled with a wide array of colors, and he felt an enormous wretch of pain in his side. "what the-" his sight suddenly coming back, but with traces of swirling light around his peripherals, glacier weakly moaned in pain. "what.....articuno....here...." he weakly took the necklace off, balancing precariously on the high branch. His balance was way distorted, as the unknown attack did its damage. Despite it all, he managed to get the necklace in hand, and looked to the sky with despair.

"articuno....here...!"

Glacier meekly raised his hand to the master bird, and almost smiled, as it drew closer. But once again, from nowhere, and flash of black racked his mind. He felt weight shift in his hand, and a bulky stone replaced his family gift.

"but the herdiers can't.... But then who....."

The young adult turn his head to his back, pain spazzing across his body system. Squinting his eyes to the icy floor below, glacier spied his friend, royal Kevin, eyes hidden from view but clearly looking up at him. In his palm..... The ice crystal.

"kev.... What's going..."

Glacier began to cough uncontrolably, suddenly feeling the bitter cold of the environment pierce his weakened state. While he reeled, he heard two words from his partner below, dark and heavy with no remorse.

"kill him."

Giving a frail mutter, glacier lifted his head just in time to spy the vaporeon, baring it's teeth devilishly, conjure up a thick wave of slushy water. As the huge force rushed through the tree, glacier's mind tore apart, numbing flashes of ice and branches tearing across him. From there, the poor kid couldnt handle anymore.

He fell.

Time slowed down as Glacier lost unconsciousness. He seemed to float from his heavenly perch, the world black and white. Feeling no more pain, he spin his head to Kevin. His appearance drew closer as he fell through thick air. "Kevin...why...?" he tried to speak out, but his lips were not his own. Nor his hands and legs. A shadow held his body and he could only watch, as his crumpled figure hit the harsh icy ground.

He stared with no emotions. He simply fondled the necklace, vaporeon at his side.

Glacier as his world went dark, only thoughts coursed through his deteriorating mind.
Kevin?
Why would you do that?
Articuno would help us both...
You were my friend....
I trusted you.

The forest grew dead quiet as the scene concluded. The fainted boy, whose Pokemon was so shocked it was unable to move, was dragged ruggedly by his true opponent, the herdier.

Frosty stared at he boy.... Dragged possibly to be eaten or worse.... But he fumbled at a reviving her. In his pocket. What would he do? What should he do?

Frosty

=_=
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Frosty stares at the fainted boy and asks the most important question.

"Is there a shovel anywhere? I can't handle to see this dead body around these herdiers..."

"hmmm I could give him the herb so he walks away with his own feet...but, it is such a dilemma! I have grown attached to this herb, it is adorably cold!"

Decisions...Decisions

"I'm afraid that it is survival of the fittest here, and nothing against you personally, I need only take down the trainers assembled here. You had the bad luck to be near me at the wrong time. I thank you for the gift though, don't worry I won't break it, I shall even return it.
I need to end this fight before I am put in true danger myself, which means taking people down and making sure they stay down, so Frosty I would think twice before helping Glacier, either I get a chance to take you down, or you will have wasted your herb. Don't worry I'll handle our last competitor in due time. Leave the best for last is how the saying goes correct?"

"Kevin! How could you attack a comrade like that? These lands out here are dangerous, I can't believe you would stoop so low. I can't let you continue like this, you're a danger to those around you...... I'll have to Take you down and bring you home so I can force some sense into you. Prepare yourself!"

Hail continues to fall...
The fog is thick...

And the battle continues... and not pleasantly.

Enraged at the actions the previous round, the Articuno sends a beam of ice at Kevin.

Articuno used Ice Beam on Kevin!
Accuracy: 00192<07500=HIT!
Crit: 08537<00625=NORMAL
Damage: (10+3+6-1.5)=17.5 Damage
Effect: (1d10 rolled) 3<1=No Freeze

That’s going to leave a mark. Or frostbite, perhaps.

Up north, the Stoutland continues to nap.

Stoutland is fast asleep...

For good or ill, that’s what is keeping its health up. And waking it up could prove... disastrous for this divided party.

With some orders, Keraia sends out some leaves into the fog, which fly with unerroring accuracy at both Aceladus and Kevin momentarily before the leaves all fly towards the Vaporeon. Most likely, Alexander forgot that this particular attack is single target.

Keraia used Magical Leaf at Aceladus! (-4 Energy)
Crit: 04797<00625=NORMAL
Damage: (6+8.5-4.5)*1.5=15 Damage (6 Damage Substitute)
Aceladus’s Substitute faded!

At last, the long-lasting Substitute has bit the dust. The Vaporeon is forced out in the open! Now would be a good time to strike!

Reika doesn’t see it that way. Instead of pounding weakly at the Vaporeon, it performs a dance with its four images, before coming to a quick rest to catch her breath.

Reika chilled!

Aceladus, anticipating the Substitute to be broken, acts to replace what was lost.

Aceladus used Substitute! (-24 Energy, -25 Health)
Aceladus made a Substitute! (25 Health)

...That will cause some problems for those wanting to get at the Vaporeon.

The Herdiers in the group in the northern area look around, trying to withstand the hail. Luckily for the trainers, their adaptation is for natural occurring hail, not this summoned by the legend in the center of the area! They’ll still be getting damaged!

The Herdier south of them, on the other hand, continues dragging Glacier Knight northwards...

Herdier (3) dragged Glacier Knight northwards... (-5 Energy)

...And close enough for Gespenst to act at range with accuracy problems, but out of reach of Frosty.

Meanwhile, Alexander shouts from his hiding place.

Ragnarokalex said:
"Reika! Quickly help me avenge your master! We can still save him but we must act quickly and bring this infidel down. Attack with me so that we can end this threat and go stop that infernal dog that ran off with him. Frosty! Tend to our unconscious friend if you would please, I shall be with you in a minute to help!"
Due to Kevin’s attacks on Glacier Knight, it may be approaching the time that everyone gangs up on Kevin...

But Kevin has plans. Seeking to finish off Reika, he charges at an image with a small dagger in the hope that he strikes to real Vanilluxe. No more mister nice guy, it seems; he’s playing real dirty, and he’s playing for keeps!

Kevin attempted Night Slash! (-6 Energy)
Accuracy of fog: 00283<07500=Hit something
Accuracy of right Reika: 01766<02000=???

Kevin tries to aim for Reika, but hits an image, and realizes something as the image fades: there were five images in the beginning of the round. Now, after the attack, there’s only three...

Gespenst, safe behind a substitute, tries to taunt the Herdier approaching his position next to the pack. The first time, the Herdier doesn’t pay attention. The second time, the Herdier’s ears perked up momentarily before dismissing the insults. The third time, however...

Gespenst used Taunt on Herdier (3)! (-10 Energy)

The Herdier hears the mocking Dusclops. As a couple of Herdiers in the pack turn away from the source of the taunt, confused...

Herdier (3) fell for the taunt!
Herdier (3) went into a barking frenzy! (-10 Energy)
Herdier (4) was alerted to Gespenst’s presence!
Herdier (4) fell for the taunt!
Herdier (5) was alerted to Gespenst’s presence!
Herdier (5) fell for the taunt!
Herdier pack was alerted to Gespenst’s presence!
Stoutland was alerted to Gespenst’s presence!

There goes Gespenst’s cover. He’ll likely be attacked soon.

Frosty, seeing a chance to get Glacier back on his feet, rushes northwards, Revival Herb in hand, and shoves the Revival Herb down Glacier Knight’s throat.

Frosty ran northwards! (-8 Energy)
Frosty used the Icy Revival Herb on Glacier Knight! (-2 Energy)
Glacier Knight was revived! (Glacier Knight is now at 50 Health and 1 Energy)

The “Get out of Jail Free” card has been used, and I hope it was used wisely.

Aceladus is hurt by hail! (2 Damage, 27 Total)
Aceladus’s Water Stone restored health! (+1 Health)
Kevin is hurt by hail! (2 Damage, 19.5 Total)
Gespenst is hurt by hail! (2 Damage)
Herdier (3) was hurt by hail! (2 Damage)
Herdier (4) was hurt by hail! (2 Damage; 8 Total Damage)
Herdier (5) was hurt by hail! (2 Damage; 8 Total Damage)
Stoutland was hurt by hail! (2 Damage)
Stoutland is fast asleep... (??? Duration)
Stoutland restored health! (+2 Health)
Reika’s Ice Body restored health! (+2 Health)
Keraia was hurt by hail! (2 Damage)
Alexander was hurt by hail! (2 Damage)
Glacier Knight was hurt by hail! (2 Damage)
The fog is deep...

The Articuno acts now, and its not going for a simple Ice Beam this time.

Articuno used Blizzard on Kevin, Reika, Alexander, Aceladus, and Keraia!

...It’s going for a full on Blizzard on everything in reach!

Kevin Crit: 09326<00625=NORMAL
Reika Crit: 00783<00625=NORMAL
Alexander Crit: 04238<00625=NORMAL
Aceladus Crit: 02735<00625=NORMAL
Keraia Crit: 01543<00625=NORMAL
Base Damage: (6+3+6)=15
Kevin Damage: (15-1.5)=13.5 Damage (33 Total)
Reika Damage: (15-4.5)*0.67*0.67=4.71345 Damage
Alexander Damage: (15-1.5)*0.67=9.045 Damage
Aceladus Damage: (15-4.5)*0.67=7.035 Damage to Substitute
Keraia Damage: (15-6)=9 Damage
Kevin effect: 09763<01000= No effect
Alexander effect: 04861<01000= No effect
Keraia effect: 08979<01000= No effect
Reika’s Double Team images vanished!

That turned out very badly, especially for Kevin. While the Blizzard did wipe out Reika’s Double Team, Kevin is left at VERY low health. A single weak hit could do him in!

Meanwhile, at the Herdier Pack...

Stoutland woke up!

Uh oh... it seems the sleeping giant has been woken. Can the battlers handle it?

Keraia decides to pound away at Aceladus’s Substitute, firing a bolt of lightning at it so that she can possibly get at the Vaporeon himself next round.

Keraia used Thunderbolt on Aceladus! (-7 Energy)
Accuracy: 04940<07500=HIT
Crit: 05897<00625=NORMAL
Damage: (10+8.5-4.5)*1.5=21 Damage to Substitute (28.035 Total)
Aceladus’s Substitute faded!

It is REALLY going downhill for Kevin, now. Perhaps stealing that gift was a bad idea.

Meanwhile, Reika actually chills in her hiding place. It would probably take an action to locate her, if one tried, but she can’t have gotten far.

Reika chilled! (+4 Energy)

Calculating what was used to hide last action, I’d say she’s come out ahead energy-wise, though at the cost of her Double Team.

Aceladus decides it may be a good idea to rest a moment. After all, that last Substitute did take a lot out of him.

Aceladus chilled! (+12 Energy)

Up northwards, the Herdier dragging Glacier decides, in a leave of its senses momentarily, to leave its prey and charge northwards to attack the taunter.

Herdier ran north! (-5 Energy)

Lacking a clean target, Kevin looks around a moment to aim his Low Kick, finally spotting Keraia pretending to be an icy rock sticking up in the snow at the base of a tree. Regrettably for him, he took so long to aim he can’t act this action!

Glacier Knight, getting up from the snow, decides to take a quick breather as the Herdier leaves him alone for now.

Glacier Knight chilled! (+12 Energy)

And a good thing he chilled, too. He’s at VERY low energy now! A single action could have put him unconscious again!

Frosty gives a shout northwards as Gespenst prepares to act.

Frosty encouraged Gespenst! (-20 Energy)

And Gespenst acts by twisting the dimensions around the Herdier Pack... no, the Herdier Pack and a large area surrounding it... no... not possible!

Gespenst used Trick Room! (-15 Energy)
Gespenst twisted the dimensions of the entire Icy Forest!

I don’t believe it... Gespenst, with encouragement from Frosty, managed to affect the entire Icy Forest! That will help turn the odds on the Herdier Pack, which may be attacking shortly...

Aceladus is hurt by hail! (2 Damage, 28 Total)
Aceladus’s Water Stone restored health! (+1 Health; 27 Damage Total)
Kevin is hurt by hail! (2 Damage, 35 Total)
Herdier (3) was hurt by hail! (2 Damage, 4 Total)
Herdier (4) was hurt by hail! (2 Damage; 10 Total Damage)
Herdier (5) was hurt by hail! (2 Damage; 10 Total Damage)
Herdier Pack (8 Inactive) is hurt by hail! (2 Damage; 10 Total Damage)
Alexander was hurt by hail! (2 Damage)
Glacier Knight was hurt by hail! (2 Damage, 4 Total)
Alexander adapted to the environment!
Alexander gained the Ice Type!
Alexander became bitterly cold...
The fog is deep... (3 Rounds)
The Dimensions are twisted... (4 Rounds)
Keraia’s and Alexander’s reflect faded!

As the hail continues to pelt the field, Alexander finally adapts to the environment. Alas, he is starting to regret his decision to hide himself amid the snow...

With the Herdier pack now getting aggressive, Gespenst is now the prey. Kevin is at such low health that a mere finger poke could do him in! The Articuno is watching Kevin carefully, and will likely not attack next round unless someone else attacks it first.

With the tables vastly turned, powerful Poke’mon on the move and on the attack, and several Poke’mon and trainers weakened, a few people might be on the way out. Can someone pull a trick out of their sleeve? Or is this a forgone conclusion?

Round End Results:
Aceladus: -27 Health, -12 Energy
Kevin: -35 Health, -6 Energy

Keraia: -13 Health, -11 Energy, Reflect ended
Alexander: -13 Health, Ice Type Gained, Bitterly Cold, Reflect ended

Gespenst: -4 Health, -25 Energy
Frosty: -30 Energy, Revival Herb consumed

Glacier Knight: Revived, -4 Health, +12 Energy
Reika: +4 Health, +4 Energy, Hidden

Herdier 3: -4 Health, -20 Energy
Herdier 4: -10 Health
Herdier 5: -10 Health
Stoutland: Woken, -2 Health
Articuno: Unchanged

The Royal Guard: AOA
@

Aceladus (Male Vaporeon)
HP: 73
Energy: 27
Ranks: 2/3/45/3
Speed: 65
Size/Weight Classes: 2/3
Abilities: Water Absorb/Hydration
@Ice Shard Necklace

Kevin (Trainer)
HP: 1
Energy: 230
Ranks: 1/1/1/1
Speed: 50
Type: Dark
Size/Weight Classes: 3/3
Ability: Adaptability

Ragnarokalex: AOA
@

Keraia (Female Gardevior)
HP: 69
Energy: 40
Ranks: 2/3/6/4
Speed: 80
Abilties: Synchronize/Trace/Telepathy
@Small Red Orb; Small Black Orb

Alexander (Trainer)
HP: 30
Energy: 216
Ranks: 2/1/1/1
Type: Psychic/Ice
Ability: Martyr

Frosty: AOXA

Gespenst (Male Dusclops)
HP: 61
Energy: 39
Ranks: 4/5/2/5
Speed: 21
Ability: Pressure
@ Snowball

Frosty (Trainer)
HP: 49
Energy: 250
Type: Normal
Ability: Overcoat

Glacier Knight: AOA
@

Reika (Female Vanilluxe)
HP: 38
Energy: 72
Ranks: 2/3/5/3
Speed: 79
Size/Weight Classes: 3/4
Ability: Ice Body

Glacier Knight (Trainer)
HP: 46
Energy: 13
Types: Dark/Fighting
Ability: Intimidate

Wild Pokemon: AAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Wild Herdier 3 (Male)
HP: 71
Energy: 23
Ranks: 3/3/2/3
Speed: 60
Size/Weight Classes: 2/2
Abilities: Intimidate/Sand Rush

Wild Herdier 4 (Female)
HP: 90
Energy: 100

Wild Herdier 5 (Female)

Herdier Pack (8 on Standby)

Chatot
HP: 75
Energy: 50
Ranks: 3/2/3/2
Speed: 91
Size/Weight Classes: 1/1
Ability: Keen Eye

Articuno
HP: 520
Energy: oo
Ranks: 4/5/4/6
Speed: 98
Size/Weight Classes: 4/4
Abilities: Pressure/Great Presence/Ancient Presence/Snow Cloak/Remorseless Winter

Stoutland
HP: 423
Ranks: 5/4/3/4
Speed: 92
Abilities: Intimidate/Sand Rush/Scrappy/Fearful Presence
Status: Boss, -10% Evasion, Adapted, Taunted (Gespenst, 5 Actions)

Threat Totals of wild Pokemon:
Herdier 3:
Gespenst: 12
Keraia: 10
Reika: 8
Alexander: -10 (Hidden)
Herdier 4:
(none)
Target: Gespenst
Herdier 5:
(none)
Stoutland:
(none)
Chatot:
(none)
Articuno:
(none)
Target: Kevin

Trainers, PM me actions!

Everyone! We need to stop fighting! There are too many forces out here, if we bicker amongst ourselves, they will pick us apart! Let us all regroup! Frosty, maybe your lady friend can give us shelter? Or Alex, the temple? Whatever we do we must do together though. Stop the fighting! Together we can achieve victory in this frosty hell!

Kevin.... I'm not mad. However, I won't stop anyone from taking you out. I won't do it myself though, because even if I can't trust you, know that you can always trust me.

Let's go boys! Divided we fall, united we stand!

Glacier is right! We need to stand together to survive these titanic pokemon emerging. We should all quickly regroup at the shed south of here, its closer, and we have less standing in our way to get there, meet us back there and we shall unite!

Frosty

=_=

Aren't you guys way too soft? The guy didn't think twice before ordering his mon to incapacitate his opponent. And considering the conditions of this arena and the foes we are facing this pretty much means death.

I'll follow along, I guess. But be warned. If anyone, especially Kevin over there, tries anything funny, I won't think twice before Knocking you Out. Even if I have to use such...dirty tactics.

On other note, you guys go ahead and I'll create a distraction and follow you. The gal of the shed was a nice lady, but something about this seems a bit fishy. I would be extra careful if I were you.

The fog is thick...
The dimensions are twisted...

One trainer is on the verge of collapsing, just deserts for having another trainer attacked, someone might say. But before any of the trainers can act, Gespenst decides to make an exit from the Herdier pack, stage south!

Gespenst threw his Substitute! (-5 Energy, Substitute lost)
Gespenst ran south! (-5 Energy)

Of course, with the Trick Room up, running south didn’t quite turn out as expected. With the running, he winds up next to Frosty and the recently revived Glacier Knight. He split from his substitute, so the pack may be a little low in following for a few more seconds.

Kevin, meanwhile, realizes he’s going down. But he wants it to be on his terms, not following the Articuno’s plans. He shouts some final orders at Aceladus, and turns back to the bird, a glare in his eyes. With a roar, he suddenly becomes cloaked in a faint orange light and charges the legendary.

Kevin used Final Gambit on Articuno! (-33 Energy)
Accuracy: 02085<06000=HIT
HP=1
Damage=1
KEVIN FAINTED!
Articuno screeched!
Articuno became committed to the battle!

For his last act, Kevin managed to piss off the Articuno. Despite the hail and the fog reducing his likelihood of hitting, he manages to put a single scratch on the bird. That may bode ill for the rest of the battlers in the woods...

Just to the north, Glacier decides to rest up to recover some of his energy.

Meanwhile, next to him, Frosty rolls the snowball towards the Herdier pack that are about to pounce on Gespent’s substitute, and then runs ahead of Gespenst.

Frosty rolled the snowball! (-3 Energy)
Frosty ran south! (-8 Energy)

The ball won’t be doing much, but at least he’s now getting out of range of the Herdiers.

Alexander, in front of the now seriously angered Articuno, decides to chill out before getting out of the area. Regrettably, he needs to order Keraia to teleport fast, reducing his rest.

Alexander attempted to chill! (+6 Energy)

The Herdiers in the pack are next, biting at the Substitute that Gespenst left behind.

Herdier (3) used Bite on Gespenst’s Substitute! (-6 Energy)
Accuracy: 04110<07500=HIT
Crit: 00603<00625=UH OH!
Damage: (6+3+4.5-7.5)*1.5=9 Damage

Herdier (4) used Bite on Gespenst’s Substitute! (-6 Energy)
Accuracy: 01354<00625=HIT
Crit: 05445<00625=NORMAL
Damage: (6+4.5-7.5)*1.5=4.5 Damage (13.5 Total to Substitute)

Herdier (5) used Bite on Gespenst’s Substitute! (-6 Energy)
Accuracy: 06864<07500=HIT
Crit: 08139<00625=NORMAL
Damage: (6+4.5-7.5)*1.5=4.5 Damage (18 Total to Substitute)
Gespenst’s Substitute faded!

Well, then. It took three hits from the active Herdiers, and fell. The pack now knows something is up, and will likely head out on the hunt soon!

Aceladus, meanwhile, follows one of the last orders Kevin gave him, putting up a mist around him to not only prevent others from affecting him with stat-decreasers, but also to hide him more.

Aceladus used Mist! (-10 Energy)
Aceladus was cloaked in a mist!
Aceladus reinforced the fog!

Well, Aceladus won’t be harder to hit than before, but will be as hard to hit for a longer amount of time now.

Reika, lacking orders, just sits in the snow, recovering her energy.

Reika chilled! (+12 Energy)

Keraia’s next up on the reverse speed order. Following Alexander’s advice, she grabs him and teleports them south.

Keraia used Teleport! (-6 Energy)
Keraia took Alex with her!

The pair appear outside the cabin to the south, safe and sound... for now.

Up north, the Stoutland, lacking a clean target of Gespenst, rushes southwards... right into Frosty’s and Gespent’s area. Its mere presence briefly strikes terror in Glacier Knight, while Gespenst isn’t any more afraid than before.

Stoutland ran south!
Stoutland’s Intimidate cut Glacier Knight’s Attack!
Gespenst’s Attack won’t go any lower!
Glacier Knight’s Attack sharply rose!

...But what’s this? Glacier Knight’s attack rising in the face of this threat?

Meanwhile, back in the center of the area, the Articuno lands momentarily before looting Kevin’s body for the...Ice Shard Necklace?

Articuno gained the Ice Shard Necklace!

Well, it now gained what it was after, but because Kevin managed to scratch it, it is very unlikely now that the Articuno will leave peacefully.

Aceladus is hurt by hail! (2 Damage)
Aceladus’s Water Stone restored health! (+1 Health; 1 Damage Total)
Herdier (4) was hurt by hail! (2 Damage)
Herdier (5) was hurt by hail! (2 Damage)
Herdier Pack (8 Inactive) is hurt by hail! (2 Damage)
Reika’s Ice Body restored health! (+4 Health)
Alexander is bitterly cold... (2 Damage)
The fog is deep...
The Dimensions are twisted...

Reika manages to gain more health because of her hiding place... but will it be enough? And Alexander is feeling the effects of adapting to the place... but at least he’s ignoring the hail.

With the Herdier pack about to charge, Gespenst continues to try to put as much distance between him and the pack.

Gespenst ran south! (-5 Energy)

Gespenst arrives next to Frosty, who bolts south again, reaching the center in a few seconds after Gespenst pauses to catch his breath.

Frosty ran south! (-5 Energy)

And meeting Frosty in the center? Articuno. Uh oh. At the very least, the Evolite Kevin stole is in the snow nearby

Glacier Knight chills out some more, recovering more precious energy, even in the face of the Stoutland right in front of him.

The third trainer, just outside the cabin, grasps his hands together, sending up a prayer.

Alexander used Wish! (-13 Energy)
Alexander made a wish! (13 HP Wish made)

Let us see if it actually helps out.

Next up... the pack. Frustrated with the destroyed Substitute, and unable to get the ghost out of their minds, the entire rest of the pack charges south, momentarily scaring Glacier Knight before he finds resolve.

Herdier (3) ran south! (-5 Energy)
Herdier (4) ran south! (-5 Energy)
Herdier (5) ran south! (-5 Energy)
Herdier Pack ran south! (-5 Energy each)
Herdier pack cut Glacier Knight’s Attack to as low as it can go! (-5 Attack)
Glacier Knight’s Attack was maximized! (+12 Attack)
Glacier Knight discovered Defiant! (-10 Energy)

Discovering another ability, now Glacier Knight may be on even terms with the attacking power against the Herdiers. Let’s hope he can survive the pack to use that power... though, fortunate for him, the entire pack is in a mad hunt for the ghost.

Following Kevin’s last orders, Aceladus does a quick dance, similar to one performed earlier in the battle.

Aceladus used Rain Dance! (-9 Energy)

Like before, it might be a little time before the effects can be seen...

Reika moves next... or rather chills next.

Reika chilled! (+12 Energy)

Nearly at full energy now, Reika is... Speaking of chilling, though, Keraia follows suit. A good idea, since Keraia, unlike Reika, is getting low on energy.

Keraia chilled! (+12 Energy)

Still on the hunt, the Stoutland ignores the little human near him and continues to charge southwards, catching up with Gespenst.

Stoutland ran south!

Looks like the Stoutland is not giving up just yet.

Speaking of powerful Poke’mon, the Articuno, Ice Shard Necklace in talon, takes to the air again, looking for a target... and then settles on Frosty.

Articuno is watching Frosty carefully...

I’d find a way to take cover quickly.

Rain joined into the hail and fog!
Sleet continues to fall...
Aceladus is hurt by sleet! (1 Damage)
Gespenst is hurt by sleet! (1 Damage)
Herdier (3) was hurt by sleet! (1 Damage)
Herdier (4) was hurt by sleet! (1 Damage)
Herdier (5) was hurt by sleet! (1 Damage)
Herdier Pack (8 Inactive) is hurt by sleet! (1 Damage)
Stoutland was hurt by sleet! (1 Damage)
Reika’s Ice Body restored health! (+4 Health)
Keraia was hurt by sleet! (1 Damage)
Glacier Knight was hurt by sleet! (1 Damage)
The fog is deep... (4 Rounds)
The Dimensions are twisted... (3 Rounds)

With the weather changing ever so slightly, the tide of battle continues to shift. The pack is on the hunt, everyone is on the run, and Articuno angry... is it doom for these adventurers?

Aceladus: -1 Health, -19 Energy, Mist (5 Actions), Sluggish (Because of Absent Trainer)
Kevin: -1 Health, -33 Energy, Knocked Out

Keraia: -3 Health, +6 Energy
Alexander: -4 Health, -1 Energy, Wish Made (13 HP)

Gespenst: -3 Health, -15 Energy, Substitute lost
Frosty: -16 Energy

Reika: +8 Health, +24 Energy
Glacier Knight: -3 Health, +14 Energy, Defiant Discovered, +5 Attack

Herdier 3: -3 Health, -11 Energy
Herdier 4: -3 Health, -11 Energy
Herdier 5: -3 Health, -11 Energy
Herdier Pack: -3 Health, -5 Energy
Stoutland: -3 Health

Articuno: -1 Health, Ice Shard Necklace gained

The Royal Guard: AOX
@

Aceladus (Male Vaporeon)
HP: 72
Energy: 8
Status: Water Stone, Mist (5 Actions), Sluggish (Because of Absent Trainer)

Kevin (Trainer)
HP: KO
Energy: 197

@

HP: 66
Energy: 46

Alexander (Trainer)
HP: 26
Energy: 215

Gespenst (Male Dusclops)
HP: 58
Energy: 24
Ranks: 4/5/2/5

Frosty (Trainer)
Energy: 234

@

Reika (Female Vanilluxe)
HP: 46
Energy: 96

Glacier Knight (Trainer)
HP: 43
Energy: 27
Abilities: Intimidate/Defiant

Wild Herdier 3 (Male)
HP: 68
Energy: 12

Wild Herdier 4 (Female)
HP: 87
Energy: 89

Wild Herdier 5 (Female)
Energy: 89

Energy: 95

Chatot
@Ice Shard Necklace

Articuno
HP: 519
Abilities: Pressure/Great Presence/Ancient Presence/Snow Cloak/Remorseless Winter

Stoutland
HP: 420
Status: Boss, -10% Evasion, Adapted, Taunted (Gespenst, 3 Actions)

Herdier 3:
Alexander: -10
Herdier 4:
(none)
Herdier 5:
(none)
Stoutland:
(none)
Chatot:
(none)
Articuno:
(none)
Target: Frosty

Trainers, PM actions!

(First off, I apologize for taking so long on this. A lot of things piled up, and when I received the final action set, I had to turn my attention to the tasks at hand. I hope I can at least finish this. Anyway, to the battle.)

Sleet continues to fall...
The fog is deep...

Sleet falling amid the fog, with powerful threats on the hunt, almost everyone decides to high-tail it out of there, starting with Gespenst. Finally realizing that Trick room has reversed all the speeds, not just speed orders, Frosty shouts aloud, and Gespenst takes his advice.

Gespenst walked south! (-1 Energy)

With surprising speed, or slowness, Gespenst passes by Frosty, Aceladus, and the angered Articuno, ending his movement just south of the trio in the center.

Frosty, meanwhile, moves slowly as well, grabbing the dropped Evolite before heading south to Gespenst to give it to him.

Frosty gained an Evolite! (-3 Energy)
Frosty walked south a little... (-1 Energy)
Frosty gave Gespenst his Evolite! (-3 Energy)

With his defenses reinforced again, to what they were in the beginning of the battle, Gespenst may be able to take a bunch of punishment now, except punishment from the sky.

Alexander, meanwhile, decides to knock on the door to the cabin, asking politely if he can enter. There is no response...

Glacier, hearing Frosty’s shouts to move slowly, gives a few shouts to Reika and heads in a south-easterly direction, towards the temple, walking.

Glacier walked south-west... (-1 Energy)

The Herdiers, still angry at Gespenst, are unable to take advantage of the altered environment, and dash southwards, to just north of their pack leader.

Aceladus, for some reason, sees the writing on the wall. Turning towards the Articuno, he charges, trying to chomp down on one of its legs.

Aceladus used Bite on Articuno! (-7 Energy)
Accuracy: 08358<06000=MISS

Of course, the Vaporeon misses, with one last dreg of energy remaining. Snow cloak and fog have both kicked in to protect the legendary Poke’mon.

Reika decides to follow Glacier’s lead, heading east towards the temple, most likely to meet him outside it.

Reika moved eastwards... (-1 Energy)

Keraia hovers next to Alexander, and watches, waiting... so she decides to relax for a moment, if possible.

Stoutland moves next. Luckily, Gespenst’s taunt has managed to resonate thoroughly in the Stoutland’s mind, forcing him to move quickly. Which, with the Trick Room, forces him to move slowly.

Stoutland ran south!

This puts him in the same area as Articuno, just north of Frosty and Gespenst. The Articuno pays no one any mind, flapping its wings and letting out a screech.

Articuno used Hail!
Articuno’s Remorseless Winter sped the summoning of the Hail!
The sleet stopped.
The fog faded.
Hail began to fall!

Not caring about the fog, Articuno clears away all other weather sources, purifying the hail that its presence normally brings. It seems like everyone will be getting pounded again.

Aceladus is hurt by hail! (2 Damage)

As Alexander suffers from the coldness he absorbed into his body...

Alexander’s wish came true! (+13 Health)

That will certainly help him in the times ahead.

Gespenst waits a moment for Frosty to join him, and the two walk slowly southward towards the cabin... and, because of the Trick Room, wind up there very quickly.

Gespenst walked south. (-1 Energy)
Frosty walked south. (-1 Energy)

And they approach Alexander and Keraia, who are waiting patiently outside the door to the cabin.

Glacier, in the meantime, continues to move slowly towards the temple, turning towards Reika when he arrives at the entrance.

Glacier walked southeast. (-1 Energy)

Alexander, lacking anything better to do, tries to recover, watching the door with worry. The trick room won’t hold back the pack for too long...

Alexander attempted Recover! (-7 Energy)
...But it failed! (+3 Energy)

The Herdiers continue to run southward, catching up with their pack leader in the center momentarily. Still, one of them looks like it is about to fall from exhaustion...

Aceladus, in worse shape than the Herdier in question, gathers the last of its energy, and flings it at Articuno.

Aceladus used Shadow Ball! (-9 Energy)
ACELADUS FAINTED FROM EXHAUSTION! (+1 KOC Keraia)
Accuracy: 02988<08500=HIT
Crit: 00013<00625=CRITICAL HIT
Damage: (8+3+7.5-8.5)=10 Damage

In a last desperate hit, Aceladus’s orb of shadows strike Articuno in a slightly weak point, dealing slightly more damage than anticipated. Still, as the last trainer owned Poke’mon to damage something of Aceladus, even a substitute, Keraia gained a KOC. The Water Stone is now on the ground, and can be picked up by anyone now.

Suddenly, Glacier Knight hears a murmured voice from the temple behind him...

Pl... fall...

That cannot be a good sign.

Reika moves next, slowly floating over to Glacier Knight, meeting him outside the temple. Outside the cabin, Keraia chills some more, waiting for the door to open

Reika moved eastwards. (-1 Energy)

Stoutland, meanwhile, runs south, winding up just south of the Articuno, while the Legendary bird flies slowly, actually out-speeding the Stoutland!

Stoutland ran south!
Articuno flew south slowly.

This leaves Articuno now south of the Stoutland, and just north of Alexander and Frosty! Luckily for them, there is a small sign of hope...

The cabin door opened...

...Though there appears to be no one on the other side of it. Just a table with a set of ice picks and chisels, a chair, a cupboard, and a staircase downstairs into darkness...

A wind suddenly blows throughout the forest... something wicked this way comes...

Articuno threatens to grow in power!
Stoutland threatens to grow in power!

The Dimensions are twisted... (2 Rounds)
Articuno’s mist faded!
Reika’s mist faded!

With the round coming to a close, a trainer appears to have been completely eliminated, with the one he attacked now baring down on two other trainers. With ill winds blowing upon the adventurers, it could only be a matter of time before another falls for good.

The voice from the temple speaks in Glacier Knight’s head again...

...oar ti... out...

Round End:

Aceladus: -1 Health, -8 Energy, Knocked Out
Kevin: Unchanged

Keraia: -4 Health, +24 Energy, +1 KOC
Alexander: +9 Health, -4 Energy

Gespenst: -4 Health, -2 Energy, Evolite Gained
Frosty: -8 Energy, Adapting (2/3)

Reika: +4 Health, -2 Energy, Mist Faded
Glacier Knight: -4 Health, -2 Energy

Herdier 3: -4 Health, -10 Energy, Adapting (2/3)
Herdier 4: -4 Health, -10 Energy, Adapting (2/3)
Herdier 5: -4 Health, -10 Energy, Adapting (2/3)
Herdier Pack: -4 Health, -10 Energy, Adapting (2/3)
Stoutland: -4 Health, Adapting (2/3), Threatening Wind (1/3)

Articuno: - 10 Health, Threatening Wind (1/3)

The Royal Guard: XOX

Aceladus (Male Vaporeon)
HP: 71
Energy: KO

Kevin (Trainer)
Energy: 0

@

HP: 62
Energy: 70

Alexander (Trainer)
HP: 35
Energy: 211

@

Gespenst (Male Dusclops)
HP: 54
Energy: 22
Ranks: 4/57/2/57

Frosty (Trainer)
Energy: 226

@

Reika (Female Vanilluxe)
HP: 50
Energy: 94

Glacier Knight (Trainer)
HP: 39
Energy: 25

Wild Herdier 3 (Male)
HP: 64
Energy: 2

Wild Herdier 4 (Female)
HP: 83
Energy: 79

Wild Herdier 5 (Female)

Energy: 85

Chatot
@Ice Shard Necklace

Articuno
HP: 509

Stoutland
HP: 416
Status: Boss, -10% Evasion, Adapting (2/3), Taunted (Gespenst, 1 Action), Threatening Wind (1/3)

Herdier 3:
Alexander: -10
Herdier 4:
(none)
Herdier 5:
(none)
Stoutland:
(none)
Chatot:
(none)
Articuno:
(none)
Target: Frosty

Remaining Trainers! PM Actions!

"Alright you two! The temple was the closet shelter, so I will bide my time here! Perhaps discover what alex didnt.... But please be careful! That women frosty.... didn't she seem a little weird? Don't enter dark quarters without testing the waters! drop a bomb, or er- not a bomb. drop something down there! gas, electricity, a flash of light, i dont know! just be very wary. where else could she have gone?"

An ill wind is blowing...

The battle continues, with crunch time approaching.

Gespenst, Frosty, and Alexander all quickly duck into the cabin, with Alexander trying again to heal Keraia.

Alexander attempted Heal Pulse on Keraia! (-13 Energy)
...But it failed! (+7 Energy)

That could have been useful, but it seems that he can’t use the move. In fact... if we look back, it seems that trainers using healing moves appears close to impossible! Wish appears to be usable, though.

Glacier gives a quick motion to Reika, then chills out, restoring some of the energy that was wiped by being knocked out.

Next, the Herdiers. Still angered by Gespenst, the entire pack ran south... save for one.

HERDIER (3) FAINTED FROM EXHAUSTION! (+1 KOC Reika)

Yes, the Herdier ran itself to exhaustion! One less Herdier to deal with, and the pack isn’t sending out a replacement for the fallen yet.

Reika enters the temple, and compared to what Alexander saw earlier, there is a significant change. It isn’t the Chatot flying for the temple entrance, or the torch with the blue flame knocked to the floor and still burning. No.

There are now several cracks in the floor of the temple, all coming from a small cloud of darkness that is poking out from the floor. There is an odd brown stone in the center that Alexander didn’t notice before in the darkness, but the darkness cloud coming from it has revealed it.

End... call my... No... remain... War, Famine, Death... fall...

That does NOT bode well.

Keraia follows the trainers and the ghost into the cabin, and makes a wish like Alexander did not too long ago.

Keraia used Wish! (-19 Energy)
Keraia made a wish! (25 HP Wish made)

That will prove useful. Especially with things sliding downhill like they are right now.

In the temple, the Chatot dives past Reika, screeching something as it heads for the exit. It manages to make it out and into the hail, next to Glacier as he rests.

“Fly, McScurvy! Fly!” calls the bird, shouting a phrase that it recalled. The voice it is speaking in seems to be familiar, though...

Meanwhile, the Stoutland continues to charge, in its blind fury. Gespenst REALLY pissed it off, it seems.

Stoutland ran south!

Of course, the Stoutland is fighting the Trick Room. It is not moving fast right now, despite its attempts. Now at the Articuno’s position, the Articuno flies southward slowly to chase the trainers down, winding up outside the cabin.

Articuno flew south slowly.

The bird then lands and looks through the open window, eyeing the group inside...

...which grows momentarily when a woman comes out from behind the door, looking at everyone else in the room and the Articuno, both with fear in her eyes.

From the temple, a burst of wind flies through the area... and it does not feel right.

Articuno threatens to grow in power!
Stoutland threatens to grow in power!
Herdier (4) came to its senses!
Herdier (5) came to its senses!
Stoutland came to its senses!

In the center area, a Dugtrio and two Sandslash pop out of the ground. The Sandslash grab Kevin and Aceladus, pulling them underground with the Dugtrio and out of the battle.

Just because the area is dangerous, I still don’t want anyone killed in this place!

Gespenst watches carefully, chilling out to regain some heavily lost energy while the trainers of the group look around. Alexander starts looking around for something to light up the staircase, but finds nothing of the sort. Frosty looks to find the woman, and spots her from behind the door.

Gespenst chilled! (+12 Energy)

Glacier Knight continues to chill out as well, with may be a good idea with the ill winds that are blowing...

The Herdiers, now in control of their mental capacities again, realize that the dimensions are twisted, and decide to simply walk south... and wind up outside of the cabin.

Herdier (4) walked south... (-1 Energy)
Herdier (5) walked south... (-1 Energy)
Herdier Pack walked south... (-1 Energy each)

Reika tries to look around the temple more, but her eyes keep being drawn to the small cloud of darkness that is forming from the cracks in the floor... and both the cracks and the cloud seem to be growing in the center...

Keraia takes a leaf from Gespenst’s book, and follows his lead in chilling out. A good idea, considering the wish took up a small chunk of her energy.

The Chatot, panicking, flies southward. I doubt it will be seen again this battle.

The Stoutland, also in control of its mind like the rest of its pack, walks southward... and after a moment, into the cabin!

Stoutland walked south...

Someone forgot to close the door.

Stoutland’s Intimidate cut Keraia’s Attack! (-1 Attack)
Stoutland’s Intimidate cut Frosty’s Attack! (-1 Attack)
Stoutland’s Intimidate cut Alexander’s Attack! (-1 Attack)
Frosty’s Attack sharply rose! (+2 Attack)
Alexander’s Attack sharply rose! (+2 Attack)
Frosty discovered Defiant! (-10 Energy)
Alexander discovered Defiant! (-10 Energy)

Staring down the hunter before them, the two trainers find a sudden surge of power within them, power to defy the threats that have come before them... and you would really have to be defiant to make in this frozen land!

The Articuno continues to look into the cabin, but its eyes seem to be changing... in a way that you don’t find pleasant.

The woman stares open-mouthed at the Stoutland, and then turns back to the group.

“Forget about the statue.”

She flickers in place for a moment, before disappearing and being replaced by...

...A Froslass. Who would have thought?

Anyway, the Froslass quickly dives out of the cabin through the walls. It seems that

The Dimensions are twisted... (1 Round)

Have you heard the saying “it can always get worse?”

To put it simply: it got worse. VERY worse.

Nothing shall remain... I will end all of reality... call upon myself to destroy... Not even War, Famine, or Death will stop me!

Articuno grew in power!
Stoutland grew in power!

With a final crack from the floor, the stone gives off a final blast of darkness and floats up into the air, the cloud taking on a dark shape...

Itsumo (Male Spiritomb)
Nature: Raid Boss (-10% Evasion)

Type: Ghost/Dark
Dark STAB; immunity to all telepathic and telekinetic attacks, better performance in all darkened and especially twilight conditions. Can use any Dark-type attack regardless of Attraction.
Ghost STAB; brief intangibility that nullifies Normal and Fighting-type attacks. Can move through walls for a brief period of time but must remain in motion. Superior senses in low light and inside dark buildings. Have no vision reduction in hazes.

Abilities:
Pressure: Type: Innate
This Pokemon’s presence fills the air with intense anxiety, and any damaging or status attack launched at this Pokemon costs the opposing Pokemon two (2) more energy to perform.
Infiltrator: Type: Innate
Through a combination of speed and cunning, this Pokemon easily circumvents the effects of Light Screen, Mist, Reflect, and Safeguard with all of its attacks.
Timeless: Type: Trait
This Poke’mon has survived and seen millennia of multiple worlds, and knows how to withstand and ignore status effects that would weaken or prevent its attacks. Furthermore, it can shake off any status effect, given enough time (6 actions).
Dreadful Presence: Type: Trait
This Poke’mon’s presence fills the air with thoughts of terror, and any damaging or status attack launched at this Poke’mon costs the opposing Pokemon one (1) more energy to perform (stacks with Pressure). Furthermore, the Poke’mon’s presence is so terrible that those in the aura (including the Poke’mon with Dreadful Presence itself) are unable to perform combos.

HP: 360
Atk: Rank 5
Def: Rank 6
SpA: Rank 5
SpD: Rank 6
Spe: 1
Size Class: 2
Weight Class: 5

Attacks:

Pursuit
Confuse Ray
Spite
Shadow Sneak
Faint Attack
Hypnosis
Dream Eater
Ominous Wind
Sucker Punch
Nasty Plot
Dark Pulse

Destiny Bond
Grudge
Imprison
Nightmare
Pain Split
Smokescreen

Foul Play
Icy Wind
Uproar
Wonder Room

Water Pulse
Calm Mind
Toxic
Hidden Power (Fighting 7)
Sunny Day
Taunt
Hyper Beam
Protect
Rain Dance
Frustration
Return
Psychic
Shadow Ball
Shock Wave
Rock Tomb
Torment
Façade
Secret Power
Thief
Snatch
Endure
Round
Will-O-Wisp
Silver Wind
Embargo
Retaliate
Giga Impact
Flash
Psych Up
Natural Gift
Swagger
Substitute
Snarl

I rise... and you will fall!

Enrage: Damage increased by +400%, Speed increased by +300%. All attacks never miss and always land a critical hit. Immunity to Taunt, Rage Powder and Follow Me, enhanced move selection smartness; obtains the effects of the Mold Breaker ability.

Articuno became enraged!
Stoutland became enraged!
Spiritomb became enraged!

Let the end begin!

This could end VERY badly.

Round End:

Keraia: -7 Energy, Wish Made (25 HP), -1 Attack
Alexander: -4 Health, -10 Energy, +1 Attack, Defiant discovered

Gespenst: +12 Energy
Frosty: -10 Energy, +1 Attack, Defiant discovered

Reika: +1 KOC
Glacier Knight: -4 Health, +24 Energy

Herdier 3: -2 Energy, Knocked Out
Herdier 4: -4 Health, -6 Energy, Adapted
Herdier 5: -4 Health, -6 Energy, Adapted
Herdier Pack: -4 Health, -6 Energy, Adapted
Stoutland: -2 Health, Adapted, Enraged

Articuno: Enraged

Spiritomb: Enraged, Revealed

The Royal Guard: Closing Data
Currency Counters may be increased later. Do NOT claim until this battle is complete.
Aceladus: 3 MC
Eirlasdar: 3 MC
The Royal Guard: 3 CC

@

HP: 62
Energy: 63
Status: -1 Attack, Incoming Wish (25 Health, 1 Action), +3 KOC

Alexander (Trainer)
HP: 31
Energy: 201
Abilities: Martyr/Defiant

@

Gespenst (Male Dusclops)
HP: 54
Energy: 34

Frosty (Trainer)
Abilities: Overcoat/Defiant

@

Reika (Female Vanilluxe)
HP: 50

Glacier Knight (Trainer)
Energy: 49

Wild Pokemon: XAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Wild Herdier 3 (Male)
HP: 64

Wild Herdier 4 (Female)
HP: 79
Energy: 73

Wild Herdier 5 (Female)

Chatot
@Ice Shard Necklace

Articuno
Speed: 98 392

Stoutland
HP: 414
Speed: 92 368

Itsumo
Ranks: 5/6/5/6
Speed: 1 4
Size/Weight Classes: 2/5
Abilities: Pressure/Infiltrator/Timeless/Dreadful Presence

Herdier 4:
Gespenst: 1
Herdier 5:
Stoutland:
Articuno:
Frosty: 1
Itsumo:
Reika: 1

Trainers! Hurry! PM me actions!

Frosty looks at the Stoutland in front of him, and the Articuno about to take off outside the window, with the Herdier pack just beyond the bird. He quickly gives a shout of despair.

Frosty said:
We are all gonna die!
Alexander seems to think otherwise, quickly ordering Keraia to strike Gespenst while protecting Keraia from attacks.

Alexander used Protect on Keraia! (-7 Energy)
Keraia used Shadow Sneak on Gespenst! (-6 Energy)
Crit: 05658<00625=NORMAL
Damage: (4+3-9.5)*1.5=-3.75 1 Damage

Its scratch damage, but “death of a thousand cuts” could be what they’re planning...

In the temple, Reika prepares to make an attack on the Spiritomb, but Gespent’s Trick Room is working against her as Itsumo fires an orb of orange light at her, which comes crashing down on her with mighty force.

Itsumo used Rock Tomb on Reika!
Itsumo’s fury empowered the attack!
Damage: ((5+3+7.5-4.5)*1.5)*5=82.5 Damage
REIKA FAINTED!

NOTHING SHALL REMAIN!” comes the call from the Spiritomb. “NOT EVEN WHAT REMAINS OF THE FOUR!

This may prove disastrous. A single blow from the Spiritomb brought one of Glacier’s Poke’mon down, its Nevermeltice falling to the floor, and it seems to be looking around for its next victim...

Back at the cabin, Gespenst can see the doom in his eye, but he isn’t going to go down without a break for freedom. With added urgency, he quickly siphons some of his energy into a doll and tosses it at the Stoutland, bolting for the stairs downwards.

Gespenst used Substitute! (-18 Energy, -20 Health)
Gespenst made a Substitute! (20 Health)
Gespenst threw the Substitute! (-7 Energy)
Gespenst ran downstairs! (-5 Energy)

The ghost passes two doors on the way down, one at the top of the stairs to cover the entrance to them, and one at the bottom of the stairs. Both wide open...

...but not for long.

Frosty makes a slow break for the stairs, quickly closing the first door behind him and continuing downwards, closing the second door...

...and plunging himself and Gespenst into complete darkness.

Well, he could either wait for his eyes to adjust, or use a move to light things up. At least Gespenst can see, even if Frosty himself can’t.

Glacier Knight walks into the temple, moving slowly to the skeleton near the entrance. He’s relying on the light coming in from the temple entrance, and grabs the journal.

What do you think you’re doing, War?” asks the Spiritomb, mockingly.

Back at the cabin, the Herdier pack starts filing into the cabin, trying to look around for some prey. It only takes a few moments for the cabin to be filled with the dogs, making Alexander and Keraia to be struck with their hungry glares.

Herdier pack intimidated Alexander and Keraia!
Alexander protected Keraia!
Alexander’s Attack was cut to as low as it could go! (-7 Attack)
Alexander’s defiance maximized his attack! (+12 Attack)

That should help even the odds... if he goes a certain route, that is.

While its pack is trying to scare the daylights out of Alexander and Keraia, the Stoutland plows into the doll that Gespenst left behind, biting down as it is torn to shreds.

Stoutland used Bite on Gespenst’s Substitute!
Stoutland’s fury empowered the attack!
Damage: ((6+3+7.5-9.5)*1.5)*5=52.5 Damage
Gespenst’s Substitute faded!

THAT didn’t last long.

The Articuno, meanwhile, unable to fit into the doorway to enter the cabin, takes wing again, sending a wave of pure freezing power at the cabin roof.

Articuno used Sheer Cold on the cabin roof!

(Roof Statistics: Normal, HP: 300, Defense 9/Special Defense 9)

Articuno’s fury empowered the attack!
Damage: (30+3+3+6-11.5)*5=152.5 Damage
The roof was covered in a sheet of ice!

If the cabin’s not going to let the legendary in, then it can just get out of the way by collapsing to bits.

Keraia’s wish came true!(+25 Health)

Alexander, seeing the Herdiers closing in, shouts a quick command to Keraia and grabs her.

Keraia used Teleport! (-6 Energy)
Keraia took Alexander with her!

In the temple, Keraia and Alexander appear behind Glacier Knight, and the Spiritomb turns towards them.

Famine... why do you stand with him in this state?

Nevertheless, the sudden appearance of the trainer and his Poke’mon has paused the Spiritomb’s assaults for now.

Gespenst, severely low on energy, chills out from the effort that it took from him to escape the pack above.

Frosty, desperate, starts feeling around the room he’s in, searching for anything that might help him survive the battle that is close to baring down on him. He touches ice a couple of times before coming across something metal, with a switch. He flips the switch...

And the flashlight comes on, illuminating the room from its hold in an ice statue’s hand. There are about two dozen ice statues in the room, some of them holding various items like the flashlight before Frosty or the sword raised high in a nearby statue’s grip.

Wait a minute... all these statues have expressions of fear on their faces... it slowly dawns on Frosty that these “statues” are not just statues, they’re people frozen solid, with excess ice chipped away!

At least the artist has fled, allowing Frosty free reign beneath her home.

Alexander makes a quick prayer to whoever would receive it, while the Spiritomb mocks him.

Pray to your gods all you want. They won’t save you from me.

Alexander used Wish! (-13 Energy)
Alexander made a wish! (13 HP Wish made)

Let us hope he survives long enough to make it happen.

Glacier Knight, meanwhile, tries to speed-read through the journal, in hopes of something that might help. He manages to get a few tidbits of information:
  • An expedition was sent to obtain the Griseous Orb for Deck Knight, to keep it out of hands that might misuse it. They succeeded.
  • They placed the dying sun and destructive spheres back in the murals, awakening a Spiritomb that called itself “Demon Lord Itsumo”
  • Scientists spent a few days researching the area. One by one, they disappeared.
  • The scientist that had placed the dying sun back disappeared with the Spiritomb. One scientist of expedition remained.
  • Scientist dying of hunger, suddenly seeing a Chatot from where he had gotten the Griseous Orb.
Back in the cabin, the Herdiers, lacking prey, start barking among themselves on what to do next, while the Stoutland takes a more direct approach to hunting down its prey, leaping on the door at the top of the stairs.

Stoutland used Tackle on the door!

(Door Statistics: Normal, HP: 50, Defense 5/Special Defense 5)

Damage: (5+3+3+7.5-7.5)*5=55 Damage
The Door was destroyed!

With a deafening crack, the door shatters into wood chips flying everywhere, the Stoutland ready to lead its pack after its prey... One door remains between them...

The Articuno, determined to get at its target, repeats its attack of mighty ice on the cabin roof.

Articuno used Sheer Cold on the cabin roof!
Articuno’s fury empowered the attack!
Damage: (30+3+3+6-11.5)*5=152.5 Damage (305 Total)

The barks of the Herdiers suddenly stop as the roof creaks from the pressure of all the ice Articuno has put onto it. The pack looks up, Stoutland included...

And the roof falls in on them!

The environment used Avalanche!
Crit: AUTO
Base Damage: (12+3+3+11.5)*5=147.5 Damage
Herdiers: 147.5-4.5=143 Damage
Stoutland: 147.5-6=141.5 Damage

It seems Frosty now has an advantage; the hunting pack’s been wiped out save for the Stoutland!

As the Stoutland digs itself up to the surface, Articuno looks at the ruins of what used to be the cabin, then flies into the sky, seemingly satisfied that it managed to get two of those in the woods, or so it thinks.

Stoutland is hurt by hail! (2 Damage, 143.5 Total)
The Dimensions returned to normal!

Of course, with actions being taken, things are changing for the trainers. Sticking with Gespenst and his Trick Room has made him adjust his speed so that he can continually go fast under its effects, and taking a defensive approach has made him more sturdy. Glacier Knight’s defiance has changed his strength, while Alexander’s crafty mentality to get a hit in and flee has improved his mind.

Frosty’s base Speed fell! (-10 Base Speed)
Frosty’s base Defense rose! (+1 Defense Rank)
Frosty’s base Special Defense rose! (+1 Special Defense Rank)
Alexander’s base Special Attack rose! (+1 Special Attack Rank)
Glacier Knight’s Attack fell! (-1 Attack)
Glacier Knight’s base Attack rose! (+1 Attack Rank)

The round comes to a close, and while things are looking good for Frosty now, Glacier Knight seems to be in a pickle. Can he manage to get the Spiritomb off of his tail? Or will he meet the same fate as the scientists that came here before him? And will Alexander help him with this endeavor?

Round End:

Keraia: +25 Health, -12 Energy
Alexander: -4 Health, -20 Energy, +5 Attack, +1 Special Attack Rank

Gespenst: -21 Health, -18 Energy
Frosty: -10 Base Speed, +1 Defense Rank, +1 Special Defense Rank

Reika: -50 Health, Knocked Out
Gavin: Sent Out
Glacier Knight: Old Journal Obtained, -1 Attack, +1 Attack Rank

Herdier 4: Knocked Out
Herdier 5: Knocked Out
Herdier Pack: Knocked Out
Stoutland: -144 Health, Buried

Articuno: Fled, Calmed

Spiritomb: Unchanged

@

Energy: 51

Alexander (Trainer)
HP: 27
Ranks: 2/1/2/1
Status: Adapted, Bitterly Cold, +6 Attack, Incoming Wish (13 Health, 1 Action)

@

Gespenst (Male Dusclops)
HP: 33
Energy: 16

Frosty (Trainer)
Ranks: 1/2/1/2
Speed: 40

Glacier Knight: XAA
@

Reika (Female Vanilluxe)
@
?

Gavin (Male Weavile)
HP: 100
Ranks: 56/3/1/3
Speed: 144
Abilities: Pressure/Pickpocket
@Old Journal

Glacier Knight (Trainer)
Energy: 49
Ranks: 3/1/1/1

Wild Pokemon: XXAAAXXXXXXXX

Wild Herdier 4 (Female)

Wild Herdier 5 (Female)

@Ice Shard Necklace

Articuno
Speed: 98 392

Stoutland
HP: 268
Status: Boss, +10% Accuracy, Adapting (0/3), Buried, Enraged

Itsumo

Stoutland:
Articuno:
Frosty: 1
Itsumo:
Keraia: 1

Glacier Knight, please officially send out Gavin and equip an item (even though I think we all know it will be). Afterwards, all trainers please PM me actions.

"Reika.... so fast? rest dear, take a break from this horror."

"You..... you ghostly piece of shit. We will put an end to this. You want to call me war? I'll show you a war."

Gavin @Razor Claw

...But that hardly matters. The battles are taking place indoors!

In the Temple of the End, Glacier sends out Gavin in fury, responding to the Spiritomb’s words with his own.

Glacier sent out Gavin! (-10 Energy)

Alexander shouts a set of orders to Keraia, who nods in understanding and turns to the Spiritomb. The Forbidden Poke’mon seems to understand the orders as well, and charges up an attack.

The two lock eyes, waiting for each other to make their move. After a moment, Keraia sees the Spiritomb start to charge her, and prepares to teleport out of the way.

Keraia used- (-10 Energy)

YOU WILL NOT EVADE ME!” calls the Spiritomb. “WITNESS THE PAIN OF A THOUSAND WORLDS!

Itsumo used Pursuit on Keraia!
Itsumo’s fury empowered the attack!
Damage: ((8+3+3+7.5-4.5)*1.5)*5=127.5 Damage

The Spiritomb suddenly moves with unnatural speed, striking the Gardevior and, for some reason, latching on.

-Teleport!
Itsumo empowered the teleportation!
Itsumo redirected the teleportation!
Keraia vanished instantly!
Itsumo vanished instantly!

A sudden rift opens in the air behind Keraia, and both the Spiritomb and the Gardevior suddenly enter, the rift sealing behind them.

Where did they go?

Back at the rubble of the cabin, there is a digging noise as something tries to break out of the snow covering it. Most likely the Stoutland, but who truly knows in this icy forest?

Back at the temple, Gavin the Weavile, just sent out by Glacier, quickly runs over and grabs the Red Orb from Alexander’s hands, leaving him with the Black Orb. Gavin then prepares to make a dash towards the skeleton near the entrance.

Stunned at Keraia’s sudden disappearance, Alexander just stands there, the two orbs in hand, and doesn’t bother moving from his position. Glacier, meanwhile, runs over to the torch and picks it up. The blue flames give off no heat as Glacier turns to the murals just past the skeleton on the ground.

These murals are a series of images, one after another, of events in distant realms. The murals are grouped in pairs, the first one showing one event and the second showing the results of that event.

The first image past the skeleton on ice mural is of what appears to be a fire-breathing Nidoking as tall as some buildings destroying a city. The next is of that same Nidoking standing alone in a ruined city, with what appears to be smoke on the horizon.

After that, there is a Spinarak the size of a human leading a charge of other Spinaraks at what appears to be an army of humans. The next image is of a ball of Spinarak thread on a black background, with a few Ariados crawling on it.

Finally, there is what appears to be a pair of Sandslashs fighting a monster in the next image, and the last on the wall shows the same monster looking downward as a beam of red light is sent down on a planet.

Back in the basement of the ruined house, Frosty taps the door, trying to figure out how badly screwed he is. The door is holding the snow and wood back, and should continue to do so as long as the door isn’t opened. He can’t figure anything else out, though.

Finally, Gespenst takes the opportunity to chill out, and recover some of his heavily depleted energy.

Outside, the hail draws to a close, though that doesn’t stop Alexander from shivering from the cold that gathered into his body.

The hail stopped.
Alexander’s wish came true! (+13 Health)

Above Frosty, the Stoutland finally digs itself out of the snow, looking just as angry as it was before the collapse of the cabin. It will take a little time for the Stoutland to reach Frosty, but who knows how long?

Back in the Temple, Gavin rushes over to the mural with the huge man with the dots surrounding him, and pushes the Red Orb into the indent, correctly identifying that the man is reaching for the dying sun.

Alexander is panicking, worried about the missing Keraia, not doing much. Glacier, meanwhile, rushes over to the other side of the temple, discovering... more murals, and in clearer condition than the other side.

The first mural is of a young, bearded man raising a staff to the sky, reciting some words in front of an army armed with swords and bows. The next image is of the same man, his staff brought down and the army quickly falling, a black indent in the middle of the army.

The next pair of murals shows a young girl, the first in the middle of a crowd in a huge stadium, looking upwards. The next image shows the same girl with her eyes closed, hands around a world as it is destroyed, with four other faces visible, two on either side of hers.

The final mural is fairly recent, like it couldn’t be more than a year old. What first catches Glacier’s eye is the Chatot flying away, fleeing before a Hydreigon who has all of its heads focused on the bird. Beneath the two in the air, there are two figures that at first glance look very different, one holding a sword and wearing heavy armor, his sword pointing at the chest of the other. This other person is holding a broken staff in two hands, and has a necklace that reminds Glacier of Arceus’s rings. At first, he takes the robe that this second man is wearing to be red with spots of white, but suddenly realizes that the robe is white and covered with the man’s blood.

Finally, he realizes that the two people in the mural are one and the same. And he knows this person.

Back beneath the ruins of the cabin, Frosty looks about to the best of his ability, his eyes adapting to the surroundings. In the darkness, he sees a scythe sitting in the corner, apparently perfectly suited for combat. Other than that, he fails to locate anything else that could be interesting.

The sword, the first weapon he saw, is Frosty’s current target for Gespenst, though. Using a heated fist, Gespenst warms up the hand that contains the sword, melting the ice around it. The figure holding the sword is a young man in a pink costume, with a floppy hat and a yellow belt.

Gespenst used Fire Punch on the statue!
Gespenst purposely weakened the punch! (-4 Energy)

The sword falls freely to the ground, allowing anyone to grab it now.

Back at the Temple, a re-entry occurs suddenly as a rift appears and the Spiritomb and Keraia reappeared through it, the rift closing behind them.

Itsumo reappeared!
Keraia reappeared!
KERAIA FAINTED!

With a look of horror in her eyes, Keraia faints, stunned not only from the attack the Spiritomb used on her, but from the many sights she saw in such a short period of time.

That your best servant, Famine?” gloats the Spiritomb. “Give me new prey, or fight me yourself! I’ve got an apocalypse to bring!

Glacier Knight’s attack fell! (-1 Attack Stage)

As the round comes to an end, Alexander and Glacier are both on even footing, but the Spiritomb is forcing them to work together. The Stoutland above Frosty has resurfaced, and it is still pissed off. Can they survive the events? Or are they doomed?

Round end:

Keraia: -87 Health, -10 Energy, Knocked Out
Ragnarok: Sent Out
Alexander: +9 Health

Gespenst: +8 Energy
Frosty: Adapted

Gavin: Sent Out
Glacier Knight: -10 Energy, Unusual Torch Obtained, -1 Attack

Stoutland: Unburied, Adapted
Spiritomb: Unchanged

Ragnarokalex: XOA
@

Energy: 41
Abilities: Synchronize/Trace/Telepathy
@?

Ragnarok (Male Gallade)
Ranks: 6/3/2/4
Abilities: Steadfast/Justified
@Small Black Orb

Alexander (Trainer)
HP: 36
Ranks: 2/1/2/1

@

Gespenst (Male Dusclops)
Energy: 24

Frosty (Trainer)
Ranks: 1/2/1/2

@

Reika (Female Vanilluxe)
@

Gavin (Male Weavile)
@Old Journal; Unusual Torch

Glacier Knight (Trainer)
Ranks: 3/1/1/1

Wild Pokemon: AA

Stoutland

Itsumo

Stoutland:
Itsumo:
Gavin: 1

Ragnarokalex, please send out Ragnarok and attach an item to him. Then, all trainers can PM me actions.

"I'VE LOST ALL PATIENCE! DIE! DIE! DIE!"

(This has gone on long enough, from the end of September to the end of December, with continually late actions and large updates. I've lost what remains of my patience in the battle; Enrage can no longer be disabled. You have two rounds before I force an end to the battle.)​

Falling snow swirls as the wind howls amid the forest. Keraia fainted, but Alexander sends out Ragnarok, the Gallade, in her place. But will it be enough to stay the Spiritomb’s wrath? And what of the item choice? An Amulet Coin?

Alexander sent out Ragnarok! (-10 Energy)

The Spiritomb shouts that it has lost all patience, then something odd happens. It seems to weaken itself significantly, but starts being surrounded in a black aura.

Itsumo’s Pressure was disabled!
Itsumo’s Dreadful Presence was disabled!
Itsumo’s Defense rank sharply fell!
Itsumo’s Special Defense rank sharply fell!

I may not be able to erase this world, but I can at least wipe what remains of the four from the face of it!

Itsumo is charging a deadly attack!

That does NOT bode well.

Alexander and Ragnarok appear to agree with my statement, making a quick move to get out of the temple.

Ragnarok used Teleport! (-6 Energy)
Ragnarok took Alexander with him!

Alexander focused his mind on Frosty, and tries to direct Ragnarok to him for some reason. And... he succeeds.

Uncertain teleportation (1d100): 29<51=No errors
Teleport success!

He appears next to the other trainer, much to Frosty’s surprise. Just what is he planning?

The Stoutland, still furious, digs rapidly down the stairs, coming upon the door with speed. It will take an action for it to get through the door, though.

Stoutland dug into the snow and rubble!
Stoutland reached the lower door!

Gavin, having his orders made impossible, chills out, recovering some of the energy spent moving the Red Orb around.

Gavin chilled! (+5 Energy)

Glacier Knight isn’t standing idlely, however, shouting and taunting the Spiritomb, hoping that he can get some information.

Glacier Knight said:
"I am War! One of the four horsemen of the Apacolypse! I bring the power to end the world, and i can remove the power just as well! You are no match for Famine and I. Tell us how you came to be released, or we will seal you back before you can have your fun!"
The Spiritomb seems to be so focused on its task, however, that it pays Glacier Knight, or War as he now calls himself, no attention.

Alexander, immediately upon arriving in the basement, tries to grab the scythe, but the desired weapon is in the darkness, and he isn’t adapted to that yet.

Frosty, growing desperate, runs over and grabs the sword, waving it momentarily in the air. Its blue hilt is only contrasted by a ruby embedded on either side of it. The blade itself, though seems rather sharp despite being bound by ice for who knows how long. Yet, for some reason, it doesn’t quite feel right in Frosty’s hands...

Gespenst, seeking to put as many barriers between itself and the Stoutland, creates another substitute, putting it between himself and the door.

Gespenst used Substitute! (-15 Health, -12 Energy)
Gespenst made a Substitute! (15 HP Substitute)

Back in the temple, the Spiritomb seems to be muttering something... and becoming more solid in the process...

What remains of the four will die... but no one will morn...

Itsumo manifested! (Loses Ghost typing)

Now would be a very good time to strike... the Spiritomb is pouring all of its energy into this fatal attack, becoming more and more vulnerable...

The Stoutland, not caring of any of the events going on around it, backs up for a moment before charging the door... with expected results.

(Door Statistics: Normal, HP: 50, Defense 5/Special Defense 5)

Stoutland used Tackle on the door!
Damage: (5+3+3+7.5-7.5)*5=55 Damage
The Door was destroyed!

The Stoutland charges into the basement, coming to a quick halt and looks around for its target... and spies Gespenst’s Substitute in front of it.

Stoutland’s Intimidate cut Ragnarok’s attack! (-1 Attack)
Stoutland’s Intimidate cut Alexander’s attack! (-1 Attack)
Stoutland’s Intimidate cut Frosty’s attack! (-1 Attack)
Alexander’s Defiance raised his attack! (+1 Attack)
Frosty’s Defiance sharply raised his attack! (+2 Attack)

Gavin, still lacking orders that he can obey, continues to rest, though it doesn’t help him in the slightest this time.

Gavin chilled! (Full Energy!)

Ragnarok, back in the basement, claps its hands together in front of Gespenst, giving a short round of applause to the ghost... which affects its judgment badly.

Ragnarok used Encore on Gespenst! (-10 Energy)
Gespenst received an Encore! (Substitute 15)

A short note to trainers: Encore is one of the few moves that hit through a Substitute. This will end poorly for Gespenst.

Back in the temple, Glacier, struck with fury, tries calling out to the Spiritomb again, probing for information.

Glacier Knight said:
“Also, Itsumo! What have you done with walker!? Tell us your scheme! What you are up to, and why did you take my friend! Be quick to tell, and don't try any funny business! War does not appreciate attempts at trickery."
Once again, the Spiritomb, identified as Itsumo, also ignores these words. This powerful attack seems to be taking all of the Forbidden Poke’mon’s focus...

Back in the basement, Alexander finally spots the scythe in the darkness, and makes a move towards it...

...Only to find that Frosty beat him to the scythe. At first, it looked like a simple scythe, with a curved handle with two points for grabbing for a better grip and ease of use, with a simple curved blade at one end, perfect for cutting down crops on farmland. But at Frosty’s touch, the blade becomes cloaked in darkness, and the dimensions of the weapon seem like it was simply made for him, or someone else rather close to his size. He turns to Gespenst to hand the weapon off to him...

Gespenst used Substitute! (-12 Energy)
Gespenst already has a Substitute!
GESPENST FAINTED FROM EXHAUSTION! (+1 KOC Keraia)

But a little too late. The ghost collapses to the ground, too tired to carry on, as his Substitute fades away from in front of the Stoutland. Someone is likely getting hurt next round.

In the temple, the dark winds continue to swirl around the Spiritomb, who continues to speak dark words...

How can they... for not even a memory of them will remain...

Alexander’s base attack rose! (+1 Attack Rank)
Frosty’s base attack rose! (+1 Attack Rank)
Glacier Knight’s attack fell! (-1 Attack)
Glacier Knight’s base attack rose! (+1 Attack Rank)

With the round coming to a close, time is clearly on the verge of running out. Each trainer is down a Poke’mon, But each of them could be in a position to change the flow of the battle around them. But will it be enough? Or will the Spiritomb make their time run out?

Round end:

Keraia: +1 KOC
Ragnarok: -16 Energy, -1 Attack
Alexander: -4 Health, -10 Energy, +1 Attack Rank

Gespenst: -24 Energy, Knocked Out
Frosty: Mysterious Sword Obtained; Mysterious Scythe Obtained, +1 Attack, +1 Attack Rank

Gavin: -5 Energy (from last round’s Pickpocket), +5 Energy, Unchanged
Glacier Knight: -1 Attack, +1 Attack Rank

Stoutland: Unchanged
Spiritomb: Pressure Disabled, Dreadful Presence Disabled, -2 Defense Ranks, -2 Special Defense Ranks, Charging Deadly Attack (2/4), Distracted, Manifested (loses Ghost typing)

Ragnarokalex: XAA

@

Ragnarok (Male Gallade)
Energy: 84
@Small Black Orb

Alexander (Trainer)
HP: 32
Ranks: 3/1/2/1

Frosty: XAXA

Gespenst (Male Dusclops)
@Mysterious Sword; Mysterious Scythe (Equipped)

Frosty (Trainer)
Ranks: 23/2/1/2

Reika (Female Vanilluxe)
@

Gavin (Male Weavile)
@Old Journal; Unusual Torch

Glacier Knight (Trainer)
Ranks: 4/1/1/1

Wild Pokemon: AA

Stoutland

Itsumo
Ranks: 5/4/5/4
Status: -10% Evasion, Sealed Power, Manifested (loses Ghost typing), Distracted, Enraged, Charging Deadly Attack (2/4)

Stoutland:
Alexander: 1
Frosty:1
Itsumo:
Distracted

Frosty, please send out your next Poke’mon with an item attached! Then everyone can PM your final actions!

Chaos of the end of the battle is unfolding... but will it be enough to survive?

Itsumo’s Defense rank sharply fell!
Itsumo’s Special Defense rank sharply fell!

Whatever the results, NOW is the time to strike!

Frosty, determined to survive, sends out Thor the Cyclohm, giving it a Magnet to supercharge its attack. But will it be enough?

Frosty sent out Thor! (-10 Energy)

Alexander, hearing this opportunity from Glacier from over his cell phone, shouts a quick command towards Ragnarok the Gallade and starts to make a move towards him.

Frosty, however, has other plans for him.

Wanting vengeance, Frosty charges Alexander, attempting to push him towards the Stoutland before them. He reaches Alex and starts pushing at the same time Alexander reaches Ragnarok.

Ragnarok used Teleport! (-10 Energy)
Ragnarok took Alexander with him!
Ragnarok took Frosty with him!
Frosty redirected the teleportation!

The trio wind up far northwards of the Temple of the End, on a mountain cliff. They can see the temple from their location, and can actually see the winds darken as the Spiritomb continues to charge its attack.

The Stoutland, with both of its choice preys gone away, turns to the last other Poke’mon remaining in the area, and bites down on it, its teeth suddenly covered in the freezing snow of the area.

Stoutland used Ice Fang!
Damage: ((7+3+7.5-6)*1.5)*5=86.25 Damage

THAT will leave a mark!

Glacier, seeing writing on the wall gives orders to Gavin, and starts to charge the Spiritomb. Gavin, also seeing what is going on, leaps into the air and strikes the ceiling above where the Spiritomb speaks.

Gavin used Metal Claw on the Ceiling of the Temple! (-5 Energy)

Temple Ceiling statistics: Rock, No Abilities, 50 HP, 5 Defense, 5 Special Defense, 1 Speed

Crit: 06821<01250=NORMAL
Damage: (5+3+8.5-7.5)*1.5=14 Damage
Effect: 09342<01000=No effect

I hope they know what they’re doing.

Thor, the Cyclohm acts quickly, charging a bolt of electricity towards where Alex was supposed to be.

Regrettably, Alexander is long gone.

Furious, the Cyclohm sends the electricity towards the Stoutland, slowing the dog down. But will it be enough to save its hide? The Stoutland simply looks slowed, but it doesn’t look like its going to be stopped completely...

Thor used Thunder Wave on Stoutland! (-6 Energy)
Stoutland is Paralyzed! It’s Fearful Presence threatens to shake off the status!

Glacier Knight charges the Spiritomb, trying to get the Forbidden Poke’mon back down into the hole it came out of.

Glacier Knight used Body Slam on Itsumo! (-6 Energy)
Crit: 04232<00625=Normal
Damage: (9+6-3)+5.25=17.25 Damage/Threat
Effect: 03663<03000=No effect

He makes some progress, pushing the Spiritomb downwards towards the hole it came from. The Spiritomb pays no mind, though, continuing to speak...

When I am through with them, they will be forgotten...

Alexander, worried, gives a shout to Ragnarok, who prepares a powerful attack.

Alexander used Helping Hand on Ragnarok! (-4 Energy)
Alexander is ready to help Ragnarok! (-27 Energy)

Stoutland, slowed significantly, strikes at Thor with a risky tackle, hurting itself in the process.

Stoutland used Take Down on Thor!
Damage: (10+3+3+7.5-6)*5=87.5 Damage (173.75 Total)
THOR FAINTED!
Stoutland took 21.875 damage in recoil!

Thor falls to the ground unconscious, out of health for the battle. While out of opponents nearby, the Stoutland doesn’t appear to be calmed.

In the temple, Glacier jumps off of the Spiritomb, and charges it again, bringing his weight down on the Poke’mon.

Glacier Knight used Body Slam on Itsumo! (-10 Energy)
Crit: 09150<00625=Normal
Damage: (9+6-3)+5.25=17.25 Damage/Threat (34.5 Total)
Effect: 07383<03000=No effect

Similar results to the last time, the Spritomb sinking a little lower into the hole, but it is still speaking, charging its attack...

Frosty, determined for his vengeance, charges Alexander with his scythe. The scythe flashes black momentarily before impact, pushing Alex back.

Frosty used Strength on Alexander! (-5 Energy)
The Scythe altered the attack’s type!
Its Super Effective!
Crit: 05080<00625=NORMAL
Damage: (8+4.5-1.5)*1.5=16.5 Damage
Alexander fell off the cliff!

And the attack pushes Alexander off of the cliff. You know, that looks like a mighty long fall...

ALEXANDER FAINTED!

Satisfied, Frosty turns back towards the Gallede...

Ragnarok used Close Quarters Combat Ender! (Close Combat+Close Combat Combo) (-35 Energy)
Crit: 08406<00625=NORMAL
Damage: (54+3+8.5-3)*1.5=62.5 Damage
FROSTY FAINTED!
Ragnarok’s Defense sharply fell! (2 Stages)
Ragnarok’s Special Defense sharply fell! (2 Stages)

Within seconds, Frosty flies off the cliff as well, flying into the sky. Unlike Alex, he won’t be awake when he hits the ground.

In the Temple of the End, the Spiritomb continues chanting the ominous words, while Gavin, having charged a mighty attack, leaps again at the ceiling.

A desperate attack, with a desperate strike. In times like this, the powers that be could take notice. Or, if lucky, a critical hit.

Gavin used Metal Crush Claw on the ceiling! (Metal Claw + Crush Claw Combo) (-21 Energy)
Crit: 03121<01250=NORMAL
Damage: (17+3+8.5-7.5)*1.5=31.5 Damage (45.5 Total)
Attack Raise: 03739<01000= No boost
Defense Drop: 08136<05000= No drop

So close... and yet so far.

The Spiritomb grins evilly at Glacier Knight as he quickly retreats from the center of the room. With a great cry, the Spiritomb shouts.

YOU DON’T EXIST! YOU NEVER EXISTED!

Itsumo has finished charging a deadly attack!
Abra appeared!
Abra appeared!
Abra appeared!
Abra appeared!

Suddenly, a group of Abras appear in the temple, each quickly grabbing a Poke’mon or Glacier Knight. Gavin is grabbed from the ceiling, Keraia and Reika grabbed from their prone positions on the floor, and Glacier Knight grabbed from behind.

Abra appeared!
Abra appeared!

In the basement of the ruins of the house, two more Abra appear, each grabbing one of Frosty’s Poke’mon.

Abras used Teleport!
Abras took their companions with them!

As suddenly as they appeared, the group disappears, and with them, the remaining participants of the battle in the Icy Forest.

NNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Itsumo used Erase!

Suddenly, a wind blows through the area, as a black ball appears in the temple, growing bigger and bigger, consuming everything in its path. Within a minute, the sphere has grown to consume the entire Icy Forest.

With a sucking sound, it suddenly shrinks to nothingness and disappears.

The trees, the lake, the ruined house, and the temple... all are gone. Even the native Poke’mon have disappeared. All that now remains is a crater, which snow starts to fall into.

Regrettably, in their haste to get out of the way, one of the Abras miscalculated on where to teleport to, leaving Glacier Knight and the Abra falling from midair into the crater.

ABRA FAINTED!
GLACIER KNIGHT FAINTED!

The wind stopped.
Snow begins to fall again...

END:

Ragnarok: -45 Energy, Cooling Down
Alexander: -32 Health, -31 Energy, Knocked Out

Thor: -110 Health, -6 Energy, Sent Out, Knocked Out
Frosty: -49 Health, -15 Energy, Knocked Out

Gavin: -26 Energy, Cooling Down
Glacier Knight: -35 Health, -16 Energy, Knocked Out

Stoutland: Missing
Itsumo: Dissapeared

Ragnarokalex: XAX

@

Ragnarok (Male Gallade)

Alexander (Trainer)
Energy: 170
Ranks: 3/1/2/1

Frosty: XXXX

Gespenst (Male Dusclops)

Thor (Male Cyclohm)
Ranks: 2/4/5/3
Speed: 69
Abilities: Shield Dust/Static/Overcoat

Frosty (Trainer)
Ranks: 2/2/1/2

Glacier Knight: XAX

Reika (Female Vanilluxe)
@

Gavin (Male Weavile)
Energy: 74

Glacier Knight (Trainer)
Energy: 23
Ranks: 4/1/1/1

:(xox):

One week later, after wounds have been recovered from, Poke’mon been recovered, and medical fees paid, the four trainers return to discuss loot and the adventure, and find that not all has vanished. The deadly attack did, in fact, leave a couple of things of value.

A few quick growing plants have started to appear in the crater, showing that life is on the way to returning. A small puddle of water has formed at the base, with a single Magikarp splashing up and down in it.

And it turns out that the attack uncovered a couple more weapons. A white bow, very ancient, but still looks like it could be very powerful. And nearby, a black staff with a golden ball at each end.

(In addition to the counters for this match, these items have been discovered. However, there is only one of each of these, so you’ll have to discuss who gets what.

Sword of the Red Rider
Bow of the White Rider
Staff of the Black Rider
Scythe of the Pale Rider
Everburning Torch
Black Orb of the Temple of the End
Odd Journal

Also, opening up to the public at large, I am interested in your feedback for how things turned out, and how things could run more smoothly next time one of these is run. A trainer stat system IS in the works, so we don’t have another adventure with trainers being KOed in one round.

Finally, assuming that another adventure battle is run, what would you like to see in the environment?

I will be back with Counter Prizes in a bit, once I can hammer down how much each person gets. Then I'll make a closing post to wrap everying up.)

Edit:
16:52 Deck_Knight Wait until they hash out a reffing formula and just use that. You did enough work to justify whatever it is

Frosty

=_=
I don't have the time now to give a more detailed opinion, so I will just say some things:

1) Loving the part where I push Ralex from a cliff

2) Not Loving the part where Gallade batters my pretty face

3) I call the dibs on the Scythe as I found it, used it and looks damn cool with it. Everything else I guess you can divide as see fit.

4) The flow was very interesting and all the mistery as well. The only thing I saw as maybe a problem was that it wasn't quite...doable. You are stuck with 2 pokemon a piece facing a gazillion Herdiers, a mighty Stoutland, an Articuno, Itsumo a Froslass and I think you mentioned a Gyarados at some point. It would be damn hard if all players worked together and in this situation we were opponents. I am not saying that working together is best, to be honest I preferred having opponents that were allies only when they see fit and then backstab at the earliest opportunity. I just think it would be nice if the players actually had a chance >_<;.

5) Perhaps a smaller enviroment should be up for consideration. In this element a lot of the "plot" wasn't explored even though we are here for what...4 months? The frozen lake, Froslass turning people with statues, whatever Stoutland guards, how to summon Giratina. A lot of loose ends. I would suggest going a little smaller maybe. This way its more focused and the plot develops a bit faster.

6) Trainers are weak ass >_<. Anyone could just use the pokemon to combo the opponent to oblivion. Perhaps more HP?

7) Otherwise a very interesting game with an interesting plot. One of the very few times I was actually RPing here in ASB. Kudos for that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)