Battles, I'm good at. Titles, not so much.

Hello Smogon. After doing fairly well with a UU team I posted, I'm back with another team, this time OU style. After seeing about a bajillion weather teams, I decided to make a non-weather one. So, without further adieu, I will begin.

Genesect@Expert Belt
Ability:Download
252 SpAtk, 252 Spe, 4 SpDef
Timid Nature (+Spe, -Atk)
Rock Polish
Flamethrower
Ice Beam
Bug Buzz

OMG why don't you use Scarf Genesect?! Damn Scarfsect worshippers, thinking it's the only set that's viable. Anyway, RPsect is probably one of my favorite anti-meta sets, if you can call it anti-meta. Rock Polish is great just because so may people expect Scarf Genesect it's not even funny. I chose Expert Belt over Life Orb because if I don't want to Rock Polish I can bluff the Scarf. Flamethrower is great to roast Pokemon like Scizor, Ferro, Abomasnow and whatnot. Ice Beam is great for dealing with the Dragons like L@tis and Dragonite. Finally, I chose Giga Drain over Thunderbolt cause Gastrodon walls me otherwise, and also because I can still hit Pokemon like Politoed hard anyways.

Deoxys-D@Leftovers
Ability:Pressure
252 HP, 252 SpDef, 4 Def
Calm Nature(+SpDef, -Atk)
Recover
Stealth Rock
Spikes
Night Shade

What is probably the undisputed king of leads for Hyper Offense teams is still a great choice in general for getting up hazards. Stealth Rock and Spikes are both great for dealing residual damage, which is nice to deal with Multiscale Dragonite and really any Pokemon in general. Recover is nice for keeping up my health, and Seismic Toss is so I'm not Taunt bait.

Terrakion@Choice Band
Ability:Justified
252 Atk, 252 Spe, 4 HP
Jolly Nature(+Spe, -SpAtk)
Close Combat
Stone Edge
X-Scissor
Quick Attack

Ah, Banded Terrakion, how I love you so. The power of CB Terrakion is amazing. Close Combat is primary STAB, and is easily spammable once all Ghosts and Psychics have been removed. Stone Edge is basically the same case, and destroys DNite and Mence, as well as Tornadus and Thundurus-T. X-Scissor mutilates Reuniclus and Deoxys Defense. Finally, Quick Attack seems really weird, but it my opinion, it works and has saved me at least once.

Latias@Life Orb
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 72 HP / 192 SAtk / 244 Spd
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Draco Meteor
- Recover
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Latias was suggested by dragonuser over Alakazam, and I feel it is working out better. HP Fire still nails Ferro and whatnot, Psyshock hurts Blissey and Chansey as well as Breloom. Draco Meteor collapses faces into the cranium, and Recover is good ol' healing.

Mamoswine @ Life Orb
Trait: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard
- Icicle Crash
- Superpower

Mamoswine was put in place of Jirachi as it really did kill my momentum now that I think about it. Earthquake is primary STAB and destroys Heatran and the like. Ice Shard is great for revenging mons like Landorus and Dragons, Icicle Crash is for slower threats, and Superpower is for Steels.

Garchomp@Choice Scarf
Ability:Rough Skin
252 Spe, 252 Atk, 4 HP
Adamant Nature(+Atk, -SpAtk)
Outrage
Earthquake
Stone Edge
Fire Fang

ScarfChomp is coming to destroy all your souls. Nah, I jest, I jest. Anyways, Outrage is easily spammable once all Steels/Mamoswines have been removed. Earthquake is great for removing non-Balloon Heatran, as well as Jolteon and Magnezone. Stone Edge murders basically the same stuff it does coming from Terrakion. Finally, Fire Fang is for Scizor, Ferrothorn, and Forretress.

So, that's the team, and I hope you take some time to critique it.

Genesect @ Expert Belt
Trait: Download
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Modest Nature
- Rock Polish
- Flamethrower
- Ice Beam
- Bug Buzz

Deoxys-Defense @ Leftovers
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
Calm Nature
- Recover
- Night Shade
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes

Terrakion @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- X-Scissor
- Quick Attack

Latias (F) @ Life Orb
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 72 HP / 192 SAtk / 244 Spd
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Draco Meteor
- Recover
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Mamoswine @ Life Orb
Trait: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard
- Icicle Crash
- Superpower

Garchomp @ Choice Band
Trait: Rough Skin
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Fire Fang
- Outrage
- Stone Edge

On Genesect, I recommend Bug Buzz > Giga Drain so you have a STAB move to go to. Hmm, Alakazam seems a bit dead weight on your team? Can you try Starmie > Alakazam? It likes Terrakion, so it might be able to fit.

Starmie @ Life Orb / Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Ice Beam
- Hydro Pump
- Thunderbolt
- Recover / Rapid Spin

Life Orb works best with Recover, and Leftovers with Rapid Spin.

I'm noticing your team is easily swept by RP Landorus after Jirachi is weakened, as it can set up on Terrakion or Garchomp locked into the proper move then 6-0 your team. If you decide to kill Heatran with Terrakion or Garchomp, pretty much your only options, Landorus is really free to hit the instant win button known as rock polish.

Haxrachi is great and all, but you're running HO and all of your guys are already really fast. The paralysis support doesn't seem needed at all for anything to sweep. The wish support doesn't seem necessary either, unless you really want to get Genesect in with full health. But things that threaten Jirachi generally threaten Genesect, so you'll be hard pressed to pass off a wish. Garchomp might appreciate the wish, but he's fast enough to outspeed and kill most things with a scarf anyway. Having a defense pokemon too just loses all of the momentum you create with the HO playstyle.

For those reasons I'm gonna suggest LO Mamoswine over Jirachi, letting you eliminate things like Landorus, Gliscor, and opposing dragons without being walled by the same things RP Genesect is walled by, such as Heatran and Blissey.

Also IMO, Alakazam's only role should be a focus sashed revenge killer, namely because it's the most effective set. LO with magic guard is nice and all, but you don't really need the extra power to threaten the things you need to. Plus, Reuniclus does it better. Switching to focus sash lets you revenge a bunch of +2 threats or things that outspeed Terrakion/Chomp, like scarf Latios and RP Genesect, and maybe some other things in a pinch.

dragonuser

The only thing I look up to is the sky
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Hey there,

So this team looks pretty cool, but Rain teams in general look threatening. Nothing on this team wants to come into Keldeo under the rain, especially Scarfed variants. On a somewhat similar note, Venusaur under the sun also looks very dangerous. At +2 Venusaur can pretty much run straight through you. To help a little with this, I would suggest switching the roles of Terrakion and Garchomp. By making Terrakion Scarfed and Garchomp Banded, you gain a much more reliable revenge killer (one that speed ties Keldeo) and Banded Garchomp still hits like a truck. Now to give you more reliable answers to the previously mentioned threats, I would change out Alakazam for LO Latias. Latias is a fantastic Keldeo check, and also a pretty good Venusaur check. It also does a lot of what Alakazam did for you, but gives you a lot more bulk to fall back on. I would use Draco Meteor / Psyshock / Hidden Power Fire / Recover with a spread of EVs: 72 HP / 192 SAtk / 244 Spd @Timid. Max speed isn't used as HP Fire will lower your speed below other base 110's no matter what, so it is meant to outspeed base 108's. The HP EV's give you a LO number, with the rest of the EV's going into power. Also a minor nitpick, use Night Shade over Seismic Toss on Deoxys-D, so you can hit Gengar/Ghosts. Anyways, cool team gl.

tldr:
Choice Scarf -----> Choice Band on Garchomp
Choice Band -----> Choice Scarf on Terrakion
Alakazam -----> LO Latias
Seismic Toss -----> Night Shade on Deoxys-D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)