Battling 101 Redesign

Status
Not open for further replies.

Limitless

Success is the best revenge.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Even though it probably doesn't make much difference, I was tutoring round 43, yet I was never given access to the hidden forum for tutoring (I was told that BK was extremely busy and that he would get to me eventually). To my surprise, however, I was never given the ability to tutor rounds 44 or 45. Maybe this was just a technical issue, as I wasn't "actually" on the official list, but I feel I should at least be in the system. I know that my tutee for round 43 was very pleased to have me, and we created quite a good team. I'd hope that my previous tutor badge and round 43 of tutoring wasn't just a waist. I truly hope you reconsider me to be put back into the system.

I would have PM'd you this, BK, but I've had situations where people don't actually read theirs. :o

I've been one of those "lurkers" for at least a while now, and have played shoddy off and on for about two months. I've read the discussions but I'm lost as anyone else and never have to much to say.

Trying to get better on my own, but I would like to get in this tutor round, but there seems to be several people who have tried for the past few rounds to get in, why should I get in on this this time, when I've haven't been pushing to get in at all except now?

But I'm liking the changes you guys are putting up, hopefully we'll see these implemented in the future. Good work!

ginganinja

It's all coming back to me now
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hi, can you give us a rough idea how far way this is, only I would like to get tutored but do not want to miss sign ups!
Thanks

It's ready when it's ready, and asking about it won't make it come any faster. If BK had an idea of when it would be ready, he would have already posted it. Be patient, keep checking every so often, and stay active in the community.

I'm sorry if this sounds noobish. I'm kind of new to this, how exactly do I sign up? There have been a lot of statements and I'm not sure how it will work. I'm aware that there will be a topic posted but will there be a notification before the sign ups? That way I won't have to check my computer every five minutes? I desperately need tutoring to increase my skill to a reasonable level. Are there specific types of tutoring? Like gravity team tutors, trick room, sunny day, etc? Is there and application I need to fill out, (copy paste)? If so, where would I find it?

@Megatrumpetdude:
When the sign-ups come, you fill in some basic information about yourself, like your timezone, shoddy-nick, what tier you want to be tutored in, etc. The last times it has been only posted, those who notice it and post in time get inside.
The tutoring itself is general tutoring and advice, I don't think it will be something like Sunny Day-tutoring or Trick Room tutoring. You can of course ask your tutor if he knows about those types of teams, and if he can tutor you.
And the application will be posted inside the threads OP to c/p and fill in.

@undisput3d:
It will be Sunday/Monday, depending on your timezone.

THAT is a very good question...
Yup.

But my guess is that they are still implementing the application like he mentioned here:

twash mentions sign up threads, but like I said in the OP, I do plan on adding an application to the site to handle this. The beauty of this process is that if for whatever reason that falls through, it can still be quite easily implemented here in the Battling 101 forum directly.
so I guess we can only wait and see how it comes forth.

Blue Kirby

Never back down.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Sorry about the lack of update; should have posted earlier, but I've had a fair bit going on lately with final exams and what not.

In order for this to work absolutely correctly, I need to address my gripes about particular tutoring staff (a minority) not doing what they are supposed to (tutees aren't the only ones to have gone inactive in the past). It shouldn't take too much longer to sort out, but that is one of the driving reasons for the delay.

Blue Kirby

Never back down.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
If you don't want to wait, then that's your prerogative. The fact of the matter is I'm not doing this for my own personal benefit - the reason I'm making things run smoother is so people like you get the most out of this. But we're not going to rush just because you're getting impatient or have other things to do. This is getting done right the first time.

I did not mean in the sort of sense as in:

"come on hurry up i will not wait much longer"

More in the sense of:
"I am really excited for this"

Blue Kirby

Never back down.
In that case, my apologies for my misinterpretation - although the statement does not apply just to you. Our PM inboxes have been feeling it a bit in recent times. :P

Blue Kirby are you going to be using a program that let's us submit an application to a particular source? BTW, one more post to 2,300 for you :D

Blue Kirby

Never back down.
Just to get it up and running, we'll just be using a multiple thread format, which will make more sense when I actually post the threads. It's just a matter of sorting out active staff and then we're good to go.

As far as the application is concerned, we'll see how that ends up after the system has been in play for a little while.

(big 2.3)

Da Letter El

Officially internet famous
is a Community Leader Alumnus
'allo

Can I join this program

although I have won a lot of battles

I still need some tips
Well, its not happening right now, as its currently being re-designed. Once it is ready, as has been previously stated, sign-ups should be posted and then you probably can join in just like everyone else who is interested. But until then, hang tight, since BK, Jimbo, and I assume the tutors themselves as well are getting organized so that the next few tutoring rounds can be better than ever and have a better way of signing up for the program.

And in response to your location, wtpt is boring. Listen to the PUCL podcast on itunes if anything; those guys, unlike WTPT, know the difference between Kyogre and the "sky dragon thing" <_< (and have a decent sense of humor)

Hi, I'm new to the forums and I wanted to say hello te everyone =).
BTW, I have been lurking for maybe one year, so I may know you while you don't know me XD.
Also, I have wanted to join the Tutoring Program since I first found out about it but I always miss out on the dates, and I'd be really happy if I could join this one.

And now, happy 1st post to me!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)