Battling 101 Redesign

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I'm new to the forums and I wanted to say hello te everyone =).
BTW, I have been lurking for maybe one year, so I may know you while you don't know me XD.
Also, I have wanted to join the Tutoring Program since I first found out about it but I always miss out on the dates, and I'd be really happy if I could join this one.

And now, happy 1st post to me!
No offense at all, but this isn't the place to sign up. I really don't know when the actually topics will be made to sign up, but Blue Kirby is delaying in posting them to clean up some loose ends here and there, to make the new system as good as possible. Just keep checking the Battling 101 subsection every so often, and you should be fine in signing up.

No offense at all, but this isn't the place to sign up. I really don't know when the actually topics will be made to sign up, but Blue Kirby is delaying in posting them to clean up some loose ends here and there, to make the new system as good as possible. Just keep checking the Battling 101 subsection every so often, and you should be fine in signing up.
I know, I was just saying I was hoping I could sign up for the coming one.
Maybe you misunderstood my post or I didn't phrase it right, sorry =P.

...Yeah, I probably didn't phrase it right.

I know, I was just saying I was hoping I could sign up for the coming one.
Maybe you misunderstood my post or I didn't phrase it right, sorry =P.

...Yeah, I probably didn't phrase it right.
I might've overreacted a bit. Sorry. But, yeah. Just hang around here, and you'll be fine in signing up.

Hm. I can't wait until it opens. I read the stickied Topics in this board and am quite excited. I'm an uber noob when it comes to battling. So this thread has been open for a couple months or so, so hopefully it is progressing well. :)

I really want to sign up. Can't wait for the revamped system.

Just wondering (I'm new to Battling 101...), is it at all possible to be paired with someone if I have a bit of a tight schedule? Like 1 hour from 4:45-5:45 PM EST, 2-3 times a week... Is it likely that someone could actually tutor me with that amount of time?

Hello, I am fairly new to the smogon community and I am really excited for the new tutoring system. I have been lurking for months but just got an account last week. I hope that in the long run I can contribute to smogon a fair bit.:toast:

I'm interested in learning some D/P battling tactics. Figured it was a good point to get back into Pokemon and this tutor system had always helped me in the past with R/S. So I figured I would lurk around and see if I could get aboard this again.

Really looking forward to this. Should be a lot of fun for all of us. =P

A full page of people asking when the tutor program opens gets deleted but the thread still isn't locked. It's ready when it's ready; if they wanted us to know when it was going to open they would have told us already.

A full page of people asking when the tutor program opens gets deleted but the thread still isn't locked. It's ready when it's ready; if they wanted us to know when it was going to open they would have told us already.
Thank you.

You really can't blame people for being curious. At first there was no projected date, then BK makes an announcement that got people excited. Now it's back to TBA status and people are still excited, because they know it's coming soon.

You can blame them for being impatient, though.

I'm not impatient. Gives me time to catch up on all the new material, watch people on Net Battle (although that isn't what Smogon uses from what I've learned).

I haven't played pokemon since GSC. So you can imagine I have quiet a bit of knowledge to learn before I even get a tutor.

I think what he meant is that people are begining to open their "posting career" here. You suddenly see people who are very new to Smogon starting to present themselves - which doesn't have anything to do with this thread. It's ok to ask when will the round open (though not completely, since if you see everyone trying to get an answer, but they don't get one, what makes you think you'll get one?), though don't start explaining why you want to join the program and things about you, since honestly nobody wants to know that. Save it for your applications.

I'm not impatient. Gives me time to catch up on all the new material, watch people on Net Battle (although that isn't what Smogon uses from what I've learned).

Yeah, at first I had used netbattle. Actually, the program Smogon uses is
Shoddybattle. You can follow the links to download it on the home page.

Jimbo

take me anywhere
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Just a small update:

As you may've seen, the new profile thread was posted today. This means we're almost ready to go!!

Yeah, at first I had used netbattle. Actually, the program Smogon uses is
Shoddybattle. You can follow the links to download it on the home page.
Yeah, I know. Took me a little while to find the download link in the forums cause I was really lazy at the time. Ended up finding it on the website instead. I like it better than Net Battle cause on Net Battle I couldn't give some of my pokemon certain moves. Like I couldn't give Zapdos Heat Wave for some stupid reason.

Looking forward to the new tutoring round to open up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)