Terrakion @ Chople Berry
Mild Nature
Justified
4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
-Sacred Sword
-Rock Slide
-X-Scissor
-Protect

The star of my team and a powerful sweeper when boosted by Beat Up. On the first turn he shall use Protect while Weavile Fake Outs the more dangerous of the team's Pokemon, then on the next turn Weavile Beats Up Terrakion, boosting his attack a dangerous +4. I chose Sacred Sword over Close Combat to avoid stat reductions. Having the Chople Berry over a Life Orb or Muscle Band is a livesaver as I've experienced many times. Don't mind the awful nature, I kind of just got unlucky.

Weavile @ Focus Sash
Jolly Nature
Levitate
4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
-Fake Out
-Beat Up
-Ice Shard
-Protect

My second lead and Terrakion's partner in crime. Formerly Whimsicott, I decided to switch to Weavile as she has Fake Out while Whimsicott lacks it. First I begin with Fake Out, then proceed to use Beat Up on Terrakion. The Focus Sash is included as Weavile is horribly fragile, and it's vital for me to get in the Beat Up on Terrakion. She is EVd in attack because a surprise kill with Ice Shard could be possible (it's happened a few times) and she's so frail that it's practically useless to try and bulk her up.

Whimsicott @ Big Root
Jolly Nature
Prankster
252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
-Giga Drain
-Tailwind
-Helping Hand
-Beat Up

My supporter and second user of Beat Up, Whimsicott is helpful to my team in many ways. Since I have two physical sweepers with the ability Justified, it's helpful to have more than one Pokemon with Beat Up. Tailwind is a giant advantage, while scoring some surprise kills with Giga Drain and restoring a lot of HP is fantastic. I'm not sure if I should include a swagger / Persim berry combo with her and another teammate. I've been debating it.

Swampert @ Rindo Berry
Careful Nature
Torrent
252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe
-Earthquake
-Ice Punch
-Rain Dance
-Wide Guard

My rain dancer / Thundurus's partner in crime. When constructing my team, I knew I wanted a Swampert on it, since in the past he has been a great bulky physical attacker. Wide Guard is incredibly useful and able to protect against Terrakion's Rock Slide or Heatran's Heat Wave. Grass is not a thing to fear with his berry, and not that many Pokemon even pack Grass Knot (at least as I've experienced so far.)

Thundurus-T @ Choice Scarf
Quirky Nature
Volt Absorb
4 HP / 252 Sp.Atk / 252 Spe
-Discharge
-Thunder
-Focus Blast
-Psychic

Swampert's partner and a dangerous special sweeper, Thundurus-T is no force to mess with. Sporting a Choice Scarf, and with Swampert's Rain Dance, Thunder hits hard and fast. If an opportunity to hit two Pokemon is seen, Discharge doesn't affect Swampert, so no worries there. Focus Blast is inaccurate but nice to deal with Ferrothorn, Magnezone, and other resistors of Thundurus-T's STAB Electric.

Lucario @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
Justified
4 HP / 252 Sp.Atk / 252 Spe
-Close Combat
-Extremespeed
-Ice Punch
-Detect

Another Justified sweeper, Lucario is a powerful little jackal. After a +4 boost from Beat Up, in addition to Life Orb's increase, the power this guy packs is incredible.
Though he's so strong, I'm debating on whether to switch him out with a defensive Pokemon such as Cresselia or Latias, since my team is sort of lacking in that area. Or I might switch Lucario for Landorous once I get the chance to. What do you think?

Laga

Forever Grande
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Correcting Natures

Why is your Terrakion Mild Nature? I think you should try making it a Jolly Nature instead. Mild doesn't help with anything, in fact, it just makes it more frail on the defensive side.

Also, you should not use a Quirky nature on Thundurus-T, Modest Nature is much better. Modest will boost your Special Attack, and lower your non-used physical Attack. I also made a suggestion for an entire revamp of your Thundurus-T moveset :]

Thundurus-T @ Yache Berry
Modest Nature
Volt Absorb
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
- Discharge
- Taunt
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]

No reason to use useless natures, when you can use helping natures instead. Natures are a very important part of competetive pokemon, as it can easily decide games. I also think you should consider trying that bew Thundurus-T out. Hope I helped :]

I'm completely aware about the nature thing. But the thing is I'm playing on my actual game, not Pokemon Online or anything, so it's a bit more difficult to get the correct nature. Thanks for the heads up though, I'll do my best to find some Pokemon with good natures to replace them!

Also cool, I'll try out that set. Thanks so much c:

I'm completely aware about the nature thing. But the thing is I'm playing on my actual game, not Pokemon Online or anything, so it's a bit more difficult to get the correct nature. Thanks for the heads up though, I'll do my best to find some Pokemon with good natures to replace them!

Also cool, I'll try out that set. Thanks so much c:
yo man, you can easily get perfect 'mons off Pokecheck or here: http://nuggetbridge.com/forums/forum/3-trading-breeding/

Here's a small rate:
you seem to have a small Fighting and Fire weakness with your Beat Up Combo. A simple Fake Out from Hitmontop followed by a CC will decimate Terrakion and Lucario. Also, Fire and Fighting are pretty common in VGC...

You might want to get either a Modest or Timid on Thundurus-T. Neutral natures are never really good, because there's always a more beneficial stat. Also, Adamant > Careful on Swampert because you fully invested in Atk. If you want to be bulkier, use some defensive EVs with Careful.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)