Become a Star-ly Wi-Fi Tournament! Series 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shiny Crobat - Trust me I ow wish I hadn't posted the list, but if you payed attention to the whole thread, I havent turned down ANYONE from joining who has a decent enough trade thread, and I haven't put a cap on the tournament yet, which I could now seeing how there are exactly 32 players registered right now, but I wont be ptting a cap on the tournament at all.

And no this isnt a tournament for ME to battle the good breeders, I could just challenge them myself. This is a tournament to promote competitive battling amongst the current competitive breeders out there, asn the only thing going on on Smogon over WiFi is cut throat competitive breeding but not competitive WiFi battling.

Link me to your trade thread please.

august

you’re a voice that never sings
is a Community Leaderis a Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis the 8th Smogon Classic Winnerwon the 5th Official Smogon Tournamentis a Five-Time Past WCoP Champion
OGC Leader
most of the old threads got deleted, that could be why you cannot find it

Shiny Crobat - Trust me I ow wish I hadn't posted the list, but if you payed attention to the whole thread, I havent turned down ANYONE from joining who has a decent enough trade thread, and I haven't put a cap on the tournament yet, which I could now seeing how there are exactly 32 players registered right now, but I wont be ptting a cap on the tournament at all.

And no this isnt a tournament for ME to battle the good breeders, I could just challenge them myself. This is a tournament to promote competitive battling amongst the current competitive breeders out there, asn the only thing going on on Smogon over WiFi is cut throat competitive breeding but not competitive WiFi battling.

Link me to your trade thread please.
Ok, so I can't join... It had one poke, it was when the wifi trading forums weren't that populair. Why can't I join? I mean if I just train some pokes the next couple of days I could have 2-3 boxes of viable pokemon. And you just told me you wouldn't turn down anyone...

Shiny Crobat -
I havent turned down ANYONE from joining who has a decent enough trade thread
Don't change what I say please. This is not an open event for everyone tourament, I clearly stated that since the begginning, if you don't have a trade thread you cannot play, simple as that. Try and breed some good Pokes, trade some so you aren't at a 'disadvvantage' as you put it and join Series 2. I assure you you wont be turned down then.

Shiny Crobat -

Don't change what I say please. This is not an open event for everyone tourament, I clearly stated that since the begginning, if you don't have a trade thread you cannot play, simple as that. Try and breed some good Pokes, trade some so you aren't at a 'disadvvantage' as you put it and join Series 2. I assure you you wont be turned down then.
Oh, I'm not at a disadvantage in my opinion, I was just saying that situation would be created.

I have traded a lot, but I don't have a thread of my own. Does that mean I can't breed or battle? I don't get that I can't join just because I don't have a thread.

Edit: I don't have time for threads ATM, last two quarters of 2007 I didn't have wifi and currently I play badminton so I don't have time. (I have got to play to get in the national team next month).

Shiny Crobat - Because those are the rules and it's my tournament, simple as that.
I already thought that would be your answer. Well, I hope you'll consider you're not the only member and threads don't matter when thinking about your next tournament. Because this is unbelievable.

Edit: By giving people who already have a thread good pokemon as prices, you're not really helping the community since only the people who ahve a thread will grow and need less and less pokemon. It's some kind of incest. By letting new people join you're helping the community.

Shiny Crobat - ... This is NOT the World Championships, this is not that big a deal =/. The point of this is to promote WiFi activity here other than trading. If I manage to get people to breed nice stuff, open up a trade thread, get some trades done just so that they can apply to the next Series, then I am completing my goals. I have already discussed this tournament with 2 mods, and have been planning it for 2 months or more, if you disagree so strongly, run your own or simply make things happen so that you fulfill the requirements to participate.

The point of this is NOT to give out free Pokes randomly, and if you actually bothered to pay attention, there are extra prizes being given even to last place of the tournament. I will not discuss this further. The Tournament can't be any more explicit and direct as to what is required to play in, and I hope you either abide by the rules and do what is required to participate for the next Series or simply stop trolling my thread.

I will not discuss this any further with you. Thanks.

-WiFi battles, Level 100 modifier only.
-ITEM Clause (makes battles a bit less tedious and adds diversity)
-SPECIES Clause
-EVASION + HAX ITEMS Clause
-OHKO moves Clause
-SELF-KO Clause
-Sleep Clause
-Players MAY change their team between rounds
-ABSOLUTELY NO team talk anywhere --> automatic DQ
-Wobbuffet AND Deoxys-E are NOT allowed for this tournament.
Does that mean that no pokemon can use the move explosion?

Miltonic - Dam I was hoping you'd participate :(.

BlakBlastoise - No its the standard rule where if you use Explosion/Memento/Destiny Bond/Self-Destruct with your last Pokemon you automatically lose.

Shiny Crobat - ... This is NOT the World Championships, this is not that big a deal =/. The point of this is to promote WiFi activity here other than trading. If I manage to get people to breed nice stuff, open up a trade thread, get some trades done just so that they can apply to the next Series, then I am completing my goals. I have already discussed this tournament with 2 mods, and have been planning it for 2 months or more, if you disagree so strongly, run your own or simply make things happen so that you fulfill the requirements to participate.

The point of this is NOT to give out free Pokes randomly, and if you actually bothered to pay attention, there are extra prizes being given even to last place of the tournament. I will not discuss this further. The Tournament can't be any more explicit and direct as to what is required to play in, and I hope you either abide by the rules and do what is required to participate for the next Series or simply stop trolling my thread.

I will not discuss this any further with you. Thanks.
I wasn't talking about the good battlers, I was just talking about people WITH threads. And approval of mods doesn't mean I should agree and isn't an argument in any situation.

Shiny Crobat - You don't agree, we've already established that. Now stop arguing when you won't change a thing and STOP trolling my thread. Thanks.

Shiny Crobat - You don't agree, we've already established that. Now stop arguing when you won't change a thing and STOP trolling my thread. Thanks.
In my opinion trying to discuss something isn't trolling, but alright. I established we don't agree almost at the third post. I am not trying to change anything and am not trolling YOUR (it isn't yours) thread. Well, GL with the tournament.

BlakBlastoise - I already dicussed it with the mods.

Scruffy - don't feel obligated, play to have fun and if you want to, but I'm glad you do want to play :D.

Should I bother putting Machamp up as a prize? Mos tof Wifi has it anyways lol.

Also, you should start a type of cutoff. like have say, up to the first 42, Guarenteed, then have a 'Cutoff' after that, incase the list doesnt hit the next number (64 or w/e). Then when it hits 64, have all the people from 42-64 be guarenteed a spot, with anyone after 64 be 'In Pending' until the next number.

That way if there isnt the correct number of people, you wont have to turn down people you already told would be in..Hope that made snese and didnt sound like a big ramble.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)