ORAS OU before megamence is banned...

hi :]
Ok what's good everybody so I'm here to showcase a Mega Salamence team that has done me pretty dag nab well (probably just cause megamence is on it) so I was like hey why not spend an hour of my day typing a bunch of words explaining it that no one's gonna read? Sounds like a plan. So anyway, yeah here it is, enjoy!!!

teambuilding

Well, honestly I started out thinking about building a team about Mega Altaria honestly lol. I figured it would be fun to use against teams that had opposing megamence since I could OHKO it with +1 Frustration after rocks :]

Next I figured I needed a way to get annoying steel types out of the way so Mega Altaria could sweep, so I added Magneton.

Then I figured I needed an extra megamence check. Ya know, just in case. So Mamoswine appealed to me as it is really anti-metagame along with being a megamence check.

I thought to myself, bruh... why don't I just add specs keldeo? When has he ever done me wrong? Never. Boom. It's on the team.

Then I just decided that I needed a defensive core so I can have actual switchins for things, and I also needed a way to set up and remove rocks so I decided on Lando-T and Empoleon since they cover each other's weaknesses perfectly anyway too I think. Sick.

Basically, Mega Altaria sucks 0/10 would not recommend imo so I had to be the douchebag that has megamence on his team and wins every game :[

analysis
rsz_1407576654-mega-salamence.png

gg (Salamence) @ Salamencite
Ability: Intimidate
Happiness: 0
EVs: 248 HP / 152 Atk / 56 SpD / 52 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Substitute
- Frustration
- Roost

Okay so this is Joey's set, and many of you probably already know what it does and have broken your laptop in half when faced with the utter horror that this thing instills in its victims. The EV spread allows it to maintain its sub after tanking a Volt Switch from a non-offensive Rotom-W. That's a lot in itself as Rotom-W really can't touch it and it can set up to +6 on it all day. Frustration > Return so Ditto can't copy, ofc. Basically, this thing is unstoppable and it's literally gg as soon as I switch it in, hence the nickname. That's why I didn't wanna use it but.. things happen.

ITS A TRAP (Magneton) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 16 HP / 252 SpA / 240 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Okay, so now let's get some actual explaining done. So if you're sitting alone in your dimly light room reading this and wondering why I'm running Magneton > Magnezone, here's why: speed. I need for this to be able to outspeed retards who run Jolly Talonflame and KO it with a tbolt, so it's absolutely necessary that I have as much speed as possible. Basically, Magnezone can't do that, so I'm willing to disregard a lack in power and bulk just to fulfill that role. Also, like I said, I need a steel trapper to make sure that Salamence has an easier time sweeping, and Magneton does the job quite well, though I must admit that sometimes a little extra power is needed, since I can't OHKO Scizor and it actually can KO me if it has Superpower, so that's kinda a problem. But I have so many other switchins for Scizor that that doesn't even matter and I can Volt Switch into Landorus or something. Anyway, Magneton is a solid member on the team and fulfills its role quite well.

Snowball (Mamoswine) @ Life Orb
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 80 HP / 252 Atk / 176 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Ice Shard
- Icicle Spear
- Earthquake
- Superpower

Next up is Mamoswine, which is just all-out offensive with just enough speed EVs to outspeed Jolly Breloom and potentially KO it with Ice Shard after a little prior damage. I run Icicle Spear over Icicle Crash so I don't miss in crucial moments, and generally the damage output isn't missed. I rarely even use Icicle Spear anyway as I almost always am in a position where I need to Ice Shard to maintain momentum, but when it's needed, it generally pulls through (except for those times when it's really crucial that it hits more than two times and that's the onLY FUCKING TIME IT DECIDES TO HIT TWO TIMES). But all in all it's really helpful and it helps with Sub/Toxic Gliscor. Next is obligatory stab EQ that just does work and Superpower is just honestly filler. I don't really know what else to run in that slot so I'm just keeping it. yolo

Rainbow Dash (Keldeo) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Icy Wind

This is the part where I just question my life and why I've devoted so much time to typing these pointless symbols on a website, but anyway next is Specs Keldeo that I just added for yolo reasons as it just does big damage to everything and nothing can really safely switch in. It's just a standard set, ofc. A lot of the time, I really wish that it was scarfed because for some reason a lot of Greninjas are running Extrasensory even though Gunk Shot exists now and they're just OHKOing it. But regardless, this thing kinda checks opposing megamence before it mega evolves with Icy Wind, since they can't DD up and it's great. But honestly I guess this is the most expendable member of the team, since I just blindly added it on and it can't even beat a stupid frog half of the time (wow I really need a Greninja check wtf that frog has gotten too good)

Mufasa (Landorus-Therian) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 8 SpD / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn

Alright, so next is the first part of my defensive core in Landorus-T, which sets up rocks as I realized I needed a rock setter to ensure that Salamence can get its necessary KOs. EVs are standard and allow it to be as bulky as possible with a little speed to outspeed Modest Magnezone and kill it with EQ, while still getting a slower U-turn on opposing Landorus-T. Also, it works as a double-intimidating core with Salamence (before it mega evolves ofc), which allows megamence to keep even stronger subs, because any physical attacker at -2 Attack is definitely not touching that monster. This also creates a slight Volt/Turn core with Magneton, as they can basically switch in to each other's checks. Honestly, this is a very clutch Pokemon on the team and it just helps out in a variety of ways.

Pingu (Empoleon) @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 8 SpA / 248 SpD
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Roar
- Defog
- Toxic

Lastly but not leastly we have Empoleon, which sole role on the team is honestly just to Defog away hazards and Toxic literally everything, along with Scald burning physical attackers. I figured that a specially defensive build would be helpful since I already have a physically defensive Lando-T and they can just literally switch in on each other's checks (barring Rotom-W, another somewhat problem Pokemon for my team if megamence somehow fainted). I run a little bit of special attack for yolo reasons, and Torrent boosted Scalds actually do a lot of damage, so it's very useful. Then I have Roar to phaze opponents who think Empoleon is just set up bait and also they can take some damage from my sweet rocks every time I use it, so that's pretty helpful too. It pulls its weight.

threatlist
Greninja - Yeah, as I've stated before, this thing has no switchins. I literally generally have to sac a Pokemon just so I can switch to Magneton afterward and Volt Switch out so that the opponent can switch out with Greninja and start the whole process over again. It's a problem.

Rotom-W - Also, I've stated before how if megamence somehow miraculously dies, this thing puts in total work. It's also a problem.

Mega Manectric - Uh this hits the whole team extremely hard, end of story.

conclusion
Shoutout to all the pear. Also to aim for his terrifying megamence set.
That's basically it, guys. I'll just drop an importable http://pastebin.com/ex0EHvrV and I'm out of here y'all. Peace.

Last edited:
Nice team here. I looked up at your problems and found out a mon that can take on all.
I'd like to tell you that empoleon decently takes on ninja but the low kick set is annoying. You just can't have a perfect check to greninja. If you want further cautions i'd like to recommend to you, Proygon2. This thing can take on any thing greninja can throw at it. It switches in on Mega Manectric and doesn't care if rotom wash burns it. It can toxic stall out stuff easily. Its just a very good mon in this metagame. look at these calcs:
252 SpA Life Orb Protean Greninja Ice Beam vs. 252 HP / 184+ SpD Eviolite Porygon2: 87-103 (23.2 - 27.5%) -- 66.2% chance to 4
252 SpA Life Orb Greninja Hydro Pump vs. 252 HP / 184+ SpD Eviolite Porygon2: 105-125 (28 - 33.4%) -- 0% chance to 3HKO
252 SpA Life Orb Protean Greninja Extrasensory vs. 252 HP / 184+ SpD Eviolite Porygon2: 75-91 (20 - 24.3%) -- guaranteed 5HKO
252 SpA Life Orb Greninja Dark Pulse vs. 252 HP / 184+ SpD Eviolite Porygon2: 75-91 (20 - 24.3%) -- guaranteed 5HKO
0- Atk Life Orb Protean Greninja Gunk Shot vs. 252 HP / 72 Def Eviolite Porygon2: 99-117 (26.4 - 31.2%) -- guaranteed 4HKO

Just like that mega manectric won't be a problem. Ypu can replace your keldeo with porygon2 as you committed yourself that you have no specific reason for running it.

The next change i recommend is that you change scarf magneton to specs magnezone. Greninja problem is solved and you have landorus-T for talonflame it can't really do much to lando. I'm not sure but your empoleon must also wall tflame very well, doesn't it?

i hope i helped with my rate. Here are the sets:
(Porygon2) @ Eviolite
Ability: Trace
EVs: 252 HP / 72 Def / 184 SpD
Calm Nature
- Recover
- Thunder Wave / Toxic(Toxic stalling is very nice but twave lets you slow down stuff and let you take them out with other mons on your team. Makes greninja way less of a problem even if porygon dies after paralyzing it.)
- Thunderbolt / Discharge( run discharge if you have toxic and tbolt if you choose to use twave.
- Ice Beam

Magnezone @ Choice Specs
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 172 HP / 252 SpA / 84 Spe
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power Fire
- Flash Cannon
- Thunderbolt

Btw, is also use aim's Sub CM mega latias set and it works great. His sets are just very good. I've murdered full teams with it. Anyways, good luck laddering.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)