[Beginner] Everybody Starts Somewhere Mafia (Game Over; Fluffy Grazing Animals win)

It is decided that Upside should be the one executed today. As you gather around him, Upside says, "You know what? Screw you guys. I never liked you jerks anyways. I'll just leave." And with that, he takes his role PM out of his pocket, tosses it on the ground, and walks out of the hotel. Just like that.
You are Linebeck.

You are a man of the sea, and pursue treasure across great distances. You own your own steamship, the S.S. Linebeck. Some would call you greedy, self-centered, arrogant and cowardly, but they're wrong. You're a fine adventurer who really does need to stay behind to wash the ship's rudder. You are going to use your abilities to help your fellow Darros Lovers in this battle.

At night you may send General Spoon and shuckles my hero a PM entitled “Night x – Get USER1 to act against USER2” You will pick USER1 up and shake him back and forth until he targets USER2 with all actions that he was performing that night. This will not redirect kills, and USER1 cannot be the same player two nights in a row.

You are allied with the Darros Lovers. You win if at least one of your members is alive and all other factions have been eliminated.
A few moments after he leaves, you wonder if you really a horrible jerk. You ponder it over for a while, and realize that you actually are a horrible jerk. Ashamed of it, you want to kill yourself over this revelation, but for some reason you do not.
--------
Deadline is in 48 hours.

We are NOT horrible jerks, just players of mafia. Lynching scum is how it's done.

Well, THAT'S interesting. I thought for sure that Upside was an inspector. Oh, well; a Darros is a Darros. It's a shame he didn't godkill himself like YoshiX did; then we could have lynched another mafioso.

Upside was mostly telling the truth; there WAS a redirector, and Objection WAS a bodyguard. However, both were on the same mafia. Heck, killing Objection did more good than harm; since the Darros were stripped of their guard, we were able to vigkill Acklow the lynchbusting fish.

Andy Snype

Mr. Music
Damn good job for stating the obvious mewtwo. And I agree with GeneralSpoon, we were jerks. I clearly posted that he was (or claimed to be) silenced, and we lynched him and did not give a chance for him to defend himself, unless god knows for what reason he tried to fake being silenced, in which case, call him a jerk for trying to lead suspicion onto someone else. -_-

This morning is the worst morning so far. Last night your most beloved comrade was killed. He had five large chucks of flesh removed from him, which is much more serious than being shot five times. And all of New York's underworld shows up to mourn Thoughts.
You are Don Vito Corleone.

You are the Don of the Corleone family, a powerful mafia family based in New York that you built up and made prosperous. You are well loved by the members of your family, and are a reasonable man who knows how to run the underworld. You have joined this conflict to help your allies in the Fluffy Grazing Animals.

At night you may send PM to General Spoon and shuckles my hero entitled “Night x – Make USER an offer he can't refuse” You will put a gun to USER's head and a sheet of paper in his hands, and assure him that either his role PM or his brains will be on that paper. USER likes his brains as they are, so you will obtain his role PM.

You are allied with the Fluffy Grazing Animals. You win if at least one of your members is alive and all other factions have been eliminated.
He shall be missed greatly.
-------------
Deadline in 48 hours.

Also, I am completely bewildered as how some players cannot even put the correct night # in their order PMs, even when the fucking phase # is part of this topic's name. It makes no fucking sense. Its not like I'm a dick who'll overlook your actions because you're too stupid to check the thread title, but still...

Nuts. There goes our MVP.

Well, I don't know what we want to do. There's one more Darros lover running around out there; it may be wise to get rid of him/her before he/she can nightkill again. Sadly, with our inspector gone, we can't get any fresh information on who everyone is. If anyone has any information whatsoever, post it here.

Thoughts told me that he had passed on information to a backup leader, could they please step forward to confirm what I'm going to say and help us the following days.

In the meantime, lynch mewtwo15026.

I have a log between thoughts and I saying he 100% Mewtwo was VBCA. I am not at my laptop at the moment so I cannot post it for now, but I will post it tomorrow morning if people require.

In the meantime, it is clear that Mewtwo is not the final Darros, but that doesn't mean he isn't mafia. There are also 2 VBCA (which Mewtwo kindly overlooked in his post directly above this) who we need to get rid of. He also did not lynch, and heavily defended Terrador, who turned out VBCA, and also did not lynch Quagsires, another VBCA. His actions have helped us the past few days in getting the Darros Lovers, but if you look at his actions they make sense for a VBCA player to do aswell.

As I said I can't provide the logs with thoughts right now, but I will have them tomorrow.

http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2954577&postcount=81 Read the edit note and the edit date. Trust me when I say that thoughts gave me some information. Namely the spreadsheet, and the fact NJ claimed safeguard. I see a problem with this claim. We already have (had?) two (dead) weak safeguards in Fatecrashers and badalcristiano. Would we really have THREE safeguards? This claim of a THIRD village safeguard is suspicious, imo. Because of this, I made use of my role.

General Spoon said:
You are Sir Not-Appearing-In-This-Film.

You are one of the Knights of the Round Table of Arthur, King of the Britons. You aided him in his quest for the Holy Grail, but were not given any screentime for your exploits, prompting the narrator to make a joke about how aptly named you are. As if that wasn't enough, everybody says that you're a bit young to be a knight. You have joined the Fluffy Grazing Animals to aid them.

At night you may send General Spoon and shuckles my hero a PM entitled “Night x – Break the fourth wall” In the body of the PM you are to write a question which can be answered with a “yes” or with a “no”. The question may not contain any Smogon names.The hosts will then truthfully answer your question. If you are unsure if you can ask a question, you should check with us first.

You are allied with the Fluffy Grazing Animals. You win if at least one of your members is alive and all other factions have been eliminated.

General Spoon said:
Rayquaza2233 said:
Are there any safeguards alive that are aligned with the villagers?
No.
Because of this undeniable evidence, I am lynching ~NJ.

Um hang on. First off i've never claimed safeguard to anyone. Maybe there is a mistake in your sheet? Secondly, the fact that you asked "are there any safeguards left" over "is nj mafia" (as well as your play in previous games) leads me to have serious doubts over whether you're capable of leading us to victory. Why would you ask a question open to so many flaws? Id also like to point out my lynch votes over the course of the game, lynching both vbca and darros. Securing majorities too.

There are 2 vbca and a darros who will happily jump on your lynch vs me, ray, the rest of the village i'd like you to look at the irrefutable evidence presented in the thread and make the right decision.

Also, regarding your so-called conversation with Thoughts. We have logs of all communication. Your conversation with him never happened. You're not posting them yet because you have to fake them first.

RAY2233: I was going to note that NJ's claim of o conversation with Thoughts was suspicious; like Upside the Darros Lover did regarding Quagsires, he presented evidence unconfirmable without talking to people who have been removed from the game. Your claim seems real, and your points about Thoughts and about safeguards are very valid.

As for NJ's "irrefutable evidence"...Your log with Thoughts cannot be confirmed and has been stated by the new village leader as fake, so it is likely so. In addition, about your "voting against vbca and darros". You stated on Day 5 that you trusted Upside and his reasoning for Objection's parole, which is a black mark. You then went on to change your vote to Objection--after deadline, if I recall. On the following day, you only voted for Upside AFTER SAYING THAT MAJORITY HAD BEEN REACHED. "But I demanded a PM from Objection after Night 3, so I must be village!" That was likely a move to avert any suspicion.

In short, little of what you've been doing since the end of Night 4 suggests that you are village. I would elaborate, but I need to sleep; I have a cold now and school tomorrow. I will post my defense and a thorough explanation of your scumminess tomorrow by 4:00 PM Eastern Standard.

In the meantime--do the right thing and Lynch ~NJ.

Session Start: Tue Sep 14 21:18:26 2010
Session Ident: thoughts
01[22:14] <NJ> hey
[22:14] <thoughts> howdy
01[22:14] <NJ> what's the plan tonight
[22:14] <thoughts> we kill somebody
01[22:14] <NJ> gj with the objection lynch btw
[22:14] <thoughts> thanks
01[22:15] <NJ> although I still believe
01[22:15] <NJ> danman and mewtwo
01[22:15] <NJ> are mafia
01[22:15] <NJ> to be honest
[22:15] <thoughts> they ARE mafia
[22:15] <thoughts> xD
01[22:15] <NJ> o
01[22:15] <NJ> right lol
01[22:15] <NJ> i have a sneaking suspicion
01[22:15] <NJ> you might die
01[22:15] <NJ> =/
[22:15] <thoughts> same
[22:15] <thoughts> so I need you to target somebody
01[22:16] <NJ> do you know for sure if upside is mafia or not?
[22:16] <thoughts> I have not had an inspect on him up till now
[22:16] <thoughts> we need to get that done =/
[22:16] <thoughts> so check him out
01[22:16] <NJ> alright
01[22:16] <NJ> i dunno
01[22:17] <NJ> i'm feeling 50/50
01[22:17] <NJ> the thing is
01[22:17] <NJ> mewtwo was targetting him loads
01[22:17] <NJ> i think they know he is going to harm them
01[22:17] <NJ> which makes me think he's darros
01[22:17] <NJ> or a decent role
01[22:17] <NJ> (like as in they have inspected him)
01[22:18] <NJ> if you get what I mean
[22:18] <thoughts> join
[22:18] <thoughts> #capcorn
01[22:25] <NJ> can i just say
01[22:25] <NJ> in private
[22:25] <thoughts> yep
01[22:25] <NJ> that if vig kills danman
01[22:26] <NJ> then people will follow up the lynch on mewtwo
01[22:26] <NJ> and if we suggest
01[22:26] <NJ> the mafia to kill upside
01[22:26] <NJ> then we get a good crossfire
01[22:26] <NJ> unless upside is village...
[22:26] <thoughts> ^
[22:26] <thoughts> lol
01[22:27] <NJ> well
01[22:27] <NJ> i think danman and mewtwo are going to want to kill upside anyway
[22:27] <thoughts> yep
[22:27] <thoughts> I don't even need to feed t hat
[22:27] <thoughts> lol
[22:27] <thoughts> **that

Here is the log. I was at a friends house last night, and didn't have access to my laptop, hence why I couldn't post it. I posted I had the log at midnight, and I did sleep most of the night. If you still think I faked it, I even included the point where thoughts asked me to join #capcorn, and you can cross reference the timestamps to when you were asked there (I know StevenSnypes was there, and I believe Mewtwo was, although he of course won't confirm that). I am GMT, so take that into account if you decide to check.

Mewtwo, my lynch on objection was before the deadline (check my edit time)

Last edited by ~NJ; Sep 14th, 2010 at 11:40:44 AM. Reason: changed vote

Deadline post: Sep 14th, 2010, 1:19:58 PM

The only reason I didn't change it even earlier is because I wouldn't be awake and on my laptop before 11.

I'd also like to point out that I have never claimed safeguard at any point in the game, to anyone. I haven't seen the sheet so I don't know what it says, but evidently there is a mistake somewhere.

I'd like to summarise the evidence against me at this point:

A) I claimed safeguard
B) I faked that log

A) is just plain wrong, B) you can decide for yourself.

Now, as to why I think we need to lynch Mewtwo:

While lynching Terrador, a VBCA.
Slap YoshiX around a bit with a large trout

EDIT: ^^^ = Lynch YoshiX
Lynch against Yoshi, who turned out to be hooker, who was silenced.

Dude, the only differences are the omission of the following text from Terrador's edition of his PM:

...and his own mention of the Thriller Zombie over BunnyMaster's simple "survive".

Now, I'm no expert here, but elimination of a little extraneous flavor text seems markedly less dangerous than a horribly fake role. YoshiX even admitted to its being fake a few real-life days ago, although I lack documentation.

Really, which would you rather lynch: a player made suspicious by the word of one person, or an actually confessed PM faker?
The thoughts of YoshiX, who turned out one of our smarter players (except for him not wanting to claim he was hooker, just incase the mafia found out - which they would have done had he claimed Hooker).

I suspect both Objection and mewtwo15026 so...I dunno
Not voting for now
fucking retards
i was silenced, assholes
congrats, you got the hooker godkilled
morons
oh well, GL and lynch quagsires, mewtwo, and objection i guess
Oh look, he's been right about quagsires and objection thus far.

Lynch Upside
Not wanting to lynch Quagsires. Sure Upside turned out Darros, but he wasn't even suspicious at this point? It doesn't mean Mewtwo isn't VBCA.

We are NOT horrible jerks, just players of mafia. Lynching scum is how it's done.

Well, THAT'S interesting. I thought for sure that Upside was an inspector. Oh, well; a Darros is a Darros. It's a shame he didn't godkill himself like YoshiX did; then we could have lynched another mafioso.

Upside was mostly telling the truth; there WAS a redirector, and Objection WAS a bodyguard. However, both were on the same mafia. Heck, killing Objection did more good than harm; since the Darros were stripped of their guard, we were able to vigkill Acklow the lynchbusting fish.
I'd like to point out in this quote, how you "thought for sure" Upside was an inspector. Why on earth would you possibly think that?
Heres my theory: Upside posted Danmantincans real role in his post (apart from the faction being changed), Mewtwo, being VBCA along with danman, knew danmans role PM, and saw that it was the role PM and upsides post exactly matched. He surmised that Upside must be an inspector to have got Danman's role PM. This lines up exactly with what thoughts told me in the log. Unless you have a better reason as to why you expected upside to be inspector?

Finally, I'd like to remind everyone there are two mafia factions in this game. The same way that Upside only killed VBCA mafia, Mewtwo has only targetted the Darros lovers. There is one Darros, and two VBCA left. The two VBCA left are a silenced and kidnapper (no-one can deny that). Even if you all believe I am Darros, the VBCA have the power to take away two lynch votes every day, as well as their standard night-kill powers, meaning they at the moment are the much greater threat. Earlier in the game, Mewtwo was a prime target. Don't just forget about him.

tl:dr

Evidence vs me

Claiming safeguard - which is plain untrue.

Evidence vs Mewtwo

Opposed lynches vs Terrador and Quagsires, both confirmed mafia
Opposed lynch vs Danmantincan, who is also mafia.
Made assumptions based on knowledge only a mafioso could have had.
Is the kidnapper.
Log with thoughts, where he confirms Mewtwo is mafia. (along with danman).

I am willing to post my PM if need be. I can also prove my role.

Let's look over the "evidence". Important things will be bolded.

~NJ said:
Opposed lynches vs Terrador and Quagsires, both confirmed mafia
Neither time did I know that either was mafia. I suppose we need to have 20/20 foresight when lynching, or NJ will think we are mafia.

RE TERRADOR: Terrador had the evidence of a fake PM against him, but the small differences in his and BunnyMaster's versions of it could easily have been tweaked after delivery. I lacked enough information about either person. However, YoshiX had previously come up to me with his fake "choose-a-faction-on-night-3" neutral role. It didn't seem real for a second to me, so he seemed like the better target at the time.

RE QUAGSIRES: Did you not see my Day 5 post regarding the issue? I will post the relevant section of it here.

mewtwo15026 said:
Upside said:
I was told by BunnyMaster that he had claimed alliance checker.
Good one. Bunnymaster and Quagsires were never in the game together. Quags would not have been the one to claim alliance checker. Snail would have been. Since neither Snail nor BM is allowed to confirm this, there is no way to do so.
There was no way to tell whether or not Upside's evidence was real. I knew nothing about Quagsires, and Upside had lied about YoshiX's alliance (I don't care what his excuse was). He turned out to be mafia, anyways.

---

~NJ said:
Opposed lynch vs Danmantincan, who is also mafia.
I realize that danmantincan had a convincing PM against him. The only sketchy part of it was the alliance, which may actually have been the most important part of the whole thing. Everybody knew at that point that the Darros Lovers were completely intact; Upside was probably telling us what we wanted to hear just to achieve his own ends. Had we lynched danmantincan, the Darros Lovers would more than likely be controlling the lynch vote by now.

In addition, did you notice that Thoughts voted Objection before me? He was totally mafia, wasn't he? I also believe that ~NJ voted Objection, too--after the deadline had already passed. Check the "last edited" note in his post as compared to the time of the Day 5 update(all times Eastern Standard):

General Spoon said:
Sep 12th, 2010, 2:32:58 AM
~NJ said:
Last edited by ~NJ; Sep 14th, 2010 at 6:40:44 AM. Reason: changed vote
It doesn't take a math major to realize that NJ's vote change came about 4 hours after deadline. There was no reason to change that late except to avert suspicion.

---

~NJ said:
Made assumptions based on knowledge only a mafioso could have had.
What, that I "thought for sure that Upside was an inspector"? I wasn't the only one:
Thoughts said:
Coming from the guy who inspected me himself but no, at this stage, you're not going to admit this now are you =/
Yeah, I could have misinterpreted that, but still. The word of two is greater than the word of you, NJ.

---

~NJ said:
Is the kidnapper.
Prove it. Oh, wait--YOU CAN'T. It doesn't help that danman's PM--the one we both seem to know is real, save for alliance...
~NJ said:
Upside posted Danmantincans real role in his post (apart from the faction being changed), Mewtwo, being VBCA along with danman, knew danmans role PM, and saw that it was the role PM and upsides post exactly matched.
...is extremely convincing. How come you're so sure that they match exactly? Have you seen both of them? Oh, wait--the village inspector is dead. Hmm...

---

~NJ said:
Log with thoughts, where he confirms Mewtwo is mafia. (along with danman).
Yeah, Rayquaza2233--the Thoughts-appointed village leader--said that was fake...? Ray2233 also posted his role PM in public. You haven't, and if you want any chance of living without suspicion, you had better post it and your proof of its factuality.

---

I also very much enjoyed your following statement about my "Lynch Upside" Day 4 vote.

~NJ said:
Sure Upside turned out Darros, but he wasn't even suspicious at this point?
Dude, even Upside knew then that he looked suspicious.
Upside said:
I realize that I look pretty suspicious, but remember, that faulty info didn't come from me.
Why didn't you agree with us?

Your comments regarding YoshiX:

~NJ said:
While lynching Terrador, a VBCA.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat mewtwo15026
Slap YoshiX around a bit with a large trout

EDIT: ^^^ = Lynch YoshiX

Lynch against Yoshi, who turned out to be hooker, who was silenced.
If I recall, YoshiX was silenced on Day 4--2 cycles after the above vote was cast.

I was also not the only one to vote YoshiX on Day 4; among others, Acklow (Darros), Quagsires (VBCA), dukefan, and Raseri (village) also voted YoshiX before the day ended. Clearly, Upside's alliance check evidence had won over members of every faction. Oh, and this...?
~NJ said:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat YoshiX
fucking retards
i was silenced, assholes
congrats, you got the hooker godkilled
morons
oh well, GL and lynch quagsires, mewtwo, and objection i guess

Oh look, he's been right about quagsires and objection thus far.
You left out this:

YoshiX said:
hmm edit not working
i meant upside not quagsires
upside has been very buddybuddy and has a fake inspect so...
I have a feeling that this wasn't a "ZOMG U SUXORZ Lynch Upside!!!1!" post. Yoshi was right about him, too, and was unsure about Quagsires. That's right--one of the village's "smarter players" didn't know about Quags, either.

That reminds me--you've voted the same as Upside every day except for two, right?

DAY 5--You switched your vote 4 hours after deadline.

DAY 6--You voted after majority had been reached.

Here's what I think. You wanted to look village without pissing off the Darros Lovers. A real villager wouldn't have been so hesitant to vote.

My vote to lynch you remains, and everyone else should do likewise.

Sorry for long post. If you cba to read it all, read the bold at the bottom.

Let's look over the "evidence". Important things will be bolded.

Neither time did I know that either was mafia. I suppose we need to have 20/20 foresight when lynching, or NJ will think we are mafia.
No I think you're mafia because thoughts, the inspector, told me you were mafia. That is just evidence that points towards it.

RE TERRADOR: Terrador had the evidence of a fake PM against him, but the small differences in his and BunnyMaster's versions of it could easily have been tweaked after delivery. I lacked enough information about either person. However, YoshiX had previously come up to me with his fake "choose-a-faction-on-night-3" neutral role. It didn't seem real for a second to me, so he seemed like the better target at the time.
You argued hard enough against Terrador's lynch to make you look suspicious.

RE QUAGSIRES: Did you not see my Day 5 post regarding the issue? I will post the relevant section of it here.

There was no way to tell whether or not Upside's evidence was real. I knew nothing about Quagsires, and Upside had lied about YoshiX's alliance (I don't care what his excuse was). He turned out to be mafia, anyways.
Being distrusting of the lynch, or just reluctant to lynch a fellow mafia?

---

I realize that danmantincan had a convincing PM against him. The only sketchy part of it was the alliance, which may actually have been the most important part of the whole thing. Everybody knew at that point that the Darros Lovers were completely intact; Upside was probably telling us what we wanted to hear just to achieve his own ends. Had we lynched danmantincan, the Darros Lovers would more than likely be controlling the lynch vote by now.
The only sketchy part of it is the alliance? In that case why aren't you voting him now. Upside was clearly trying to get a VBCA lynched, but trying to make it look Darros. Shouldn't you be looking to put the lynch on him?

In addition, did you notice that Thoughts voted Objection before me? He was totally mafia, wasn't he? I also believe that ~NJ voted Objection, too--after the deadline had already passed. Check the "last edited" note in his post as compared to the time of the Day 5 update(all times Eastern Standard):

It doesn't take a math major to realize that NJ's vote change came about 4 hours after deadline. There was no reason to change that late except to avert suspicion.
I made a mistake here, I didn't realise that deadline was to come at normal time, and that the post would come later. If you look at generalspoons post, it comes 2 hours after my lynch vote was edited.
---

What, that I "thought for sure that Upside was an inspector"? I wasn't the only one:

Yeah, I could have misinterpreted that, but still. The word of two is greater than the word of you, NJ.
Not when one of the words against me is a mafian.

---

Prove it. Oh, wait--YOU CAN'T. It doesn't help that danman's PM--the one we both seem to know is real, save for alliance...

...is extremely convincing. How come you're so sure that they match exactly? Have you seen both of them? Oh, wait--the village inspector is dead. Hmm...
I have had confirmation on that role PM through my own ability, and thoughts also confirmed it to me.

---

Yeah, Rayquaza2233--the Thoughts-appointed village leader--said that was fake...? Ray2233 also posted his role PM in public. You haven't, and if you want any chance of living without suspicion, you had better post it and your proof of its factuality.

---

I also very much enjoyed your following statement about my "Lynch Upside" Day 4 vote.

Dude, even Upside knew then that he looked suspicious.

Why didn't you agree with us?
Because we lynched quagsires right after that, and the reason for keeping objection alived seemed valid to me. I realise Upside duped me, (and the village to an extent). Not gonna let you do the same.

Your comments regarding YoshiX:

If I recall, YoshiX was silenced on Day 4--2 cycles after the above vote was cast.

I was also not the only one to vote YoshiX on Day 4; among others, Acklow (Darros), Quagsires (VBCA), dukefan, and Raseri (village) also voted YoshiX before the day ended. Clearly, Upside's alliance check evidence had won over members of every faction. Oh, and this...?

You left out this:

I have a feeling that this wasn't a "ZOMG U SUXORZ Lynch Upside!!!1!" post. Yoshi was right about him, too, and was unsure about Quagsires. That's right--one of the village's "smarter players" didn't know about Quags, either.
Strawman. The point is Yoshi knew you were suspicious, along with upside and objection.

That reminds me--you've voted the same as Upside every day except for two, right?

DAY 5--You switched your vote 4 hours after deadline.

DAY 6--You voted after majority had been reached.

Here's what I think. You wanted to look village without pissing off the Darros Lovers. A real villager wouldn't have been so hesitant to vote.

My vote to lynch you remains, and everyone else should do likewise.
A real villager wouldn't have been so hesitant to vote? About 4 people changed their vote to objection. The vote against upside happened between 12:00 and 5:00 in the morning GMT. What was I supposed to do, I know I was after majority, I counted it and pointed it out in my post. If I hadn't voted, I would have looked more suspicious?

Village, if you follow Mewtwo and Rays lynch, thinking I am mafia, then I think it is pretty clear then I am certainly not VBCA. As I've said, VBCA still have a kidnapper and a silencer left. If you lynch me, it will be 4 village vs 2 vbca. They night kill, leaving it 3v2, they can then kidnap and silence two of you, and win the lynch from there.

Village I don't care if you believe if I am Darros or not, you cannot win unless you vote Mewtwo tonight.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)