[Beginner] Everybody Starts Somewhere Mafia (Game Over; Fluffy Grazing Animals win)

You are shaken awake by a member of the hotel staff. "Sir, there have been more murders!" he exclaims. Bolting from bed, he takes you down to the pool. badalcristiano is lying dead in the water, apparently scared to death by a talking fish.
You are Otis.

You are a white pug who took his guard dog duties as seriously as you can at a young age, doing things like guarding an egg and fighting a crab. You went on a great adventure with your best friend Milo, who you know to be <unneeded snip>, and you both made up your minds to do what you could to help the Fluffy Grazing Animals.

At night you may send General Spoon and shuckles my hero a PM entitled “Night x – Guard USER” You will remain by USER's side throughout the night, frightening away everybody except for those who are trying to kill or inspect USER, causing them to forget about targeting USER. You also won't scare away Milo either, because he is your friend.

You are allied with the Fluffy Grazing Animals. You win if at least one of your members is alive and all other factions have been eliminated.
The man leads your over to a nearby elevator. Inside is Raseri, who is dead from an energy blast of some sort.
You are Terra-Tron.

You are the omega supreme defense for high priority regions. You are created by nearly all of the structures in a Terran base flying together using magnetic flux generators to transform into a siege-class combat walker. Currently the cost of the operation is a problem, but not a big one. You are going to fight for the Fluffy Grazing Animals, because they're your friends.

You do not have any powers at this moment. However, if the Fluffy Grazing Animal's inspector dies, you will become inspector in his place.

You are allied with the Fluffy Grazing Animals. You win if at least one of your members is alive and all other factions have been eliminated.
What another horrible setback for the sheep! It also seems that Thoughts has returned!

We aren't lynching Objection. If anyone else needs the explanation, contact me on IRC.

Instead, we will be lynching danmantincan. Obviously the Darros Lovers haven't lost a member yet, and that needs to change.

General Spoon said:
You are Chex Warrior.

You are a soldier from Chex Squadron, and are ready to volunteer yourself for missions that nobody else would even dream of. Missions like going to the planet of Bazoik that was invaded by many slimy alien creatures and rescuing the civilians that had been trapped there. Using your modified Zorcher, you send the Flemoid invaders back to their own dimension. You have come to aid your teammates, the Darros Lovers.

At night you may send General Spoon and shuckles my hero a PM entitled “Night x – Zorch USER” You will shoot USER with your modified Zorcher, sending him into the Flemoid dimension. While in the Flemoid dimension USER may not post in the thread or use any abilities. If USER posts in the thread the Flemoids will notice him and trap him in slime, killing him. USER will find his way back after one day and night.

You are allied with the Darros Lovers. You win if at least one of your members is alive and all other factions have been eliminated.
If anyone has any problems with this lynch or thinks that this info might be wrong, let me know, and we can discuss it.

Sorry for the short essay

Well, Upside, you are right about one thing. The Darros Lovers have not lost a member yet, and that will not change as long as the people of the village continue to follow you.

danmantincan said:
I have looked over what has been said and come to the conclusion that we should Lynch Upside.

I believe that even if Quagsires/Snails had claimed to BunnyMaster, Upside would not know about it. Shortly after his death and Upside started voting to lynch Objection, on IRC, BunnyMaster said that he had chosen someone to lead the village, in case he died, but that person hadn't done anything. This implies that Upside was not meant to be the next village leader, and it is incredibly unlikely that BunnyMaster would be sharing the claims that people sent him, with someone that was not meant to take over his position. I believe that Upside is simply trying to turn the attention onto somebody else so he can live another day.

Since BunnyMaster wouldn't tell Upside who claimed what, there are two possible scenarios. 1) Upside is allied with someone who he knows claimed alliance checker or 2) Upside does not know anyone that claimed alliance checker, so he made one up about a member of the Fluffy Grazing Animals. If "scenario 1" is true, he is allied with an alliance checker that lied about YoshiX being a mafia. Only a mafia would lie about that, and since Upside is allied with the alliance checker, he would be a mafia as well. If "scenario 2" is correct, Upside is mafia, since there would be no reason for a Fluffy Grazing Animal too lie about getting a claim on another Fluffy Grazing Animal, when they could have easily started a lynch on two players that are still strongly suspected about being a mafia, Objection and Mewtwo15026, unless they are part of his alliance and he is trying to protect them.

tl;dr
Upside is mafia and is trying to protect his alliance and himself by scapegoating a player that is fairly new to this game (Quagsires).
As I have pointed out in my post during the previous lynch, I named you, Objection, mewtwo15026 and the "true" alliance checker as part of a mafia alliance. Now, assuming that both mafias had the same number of member's in the beginning, that would mean that you are all members of the Darros Lovers. mewtwo 15026 chose too lynch you (Upside) during the last lynch, so either it means he isn't allied with you, or he knew you could convince the villagers that Quagsires was the alliance checker, so decided to make a pointless vote to try and distance himself from you and your other allies. I don't know and honestly I don't care, but I do care that the village lynches a true member of the Darros Lovers.

You had said that Quagsires claimed alliance checker for the village, and that was your reason to lynch him on the previous day, but once his Role PM was revealed, there was more evidence against you. Quagsires was a member of the Very Big Corporation of America. If, you were too look back, there were two members that died as a result of the alliance checker's actions. YoshiX (Fluffy Grazing Animal) and Terrador14 (Very Big Corporation of America) were both casualties of the alliance checker. This shows that the alliance checker, who is still alive, is a member of the Darros Lovers and in an alliance with you (which is proven by you choosing to protect him and throw Quagsires to the village to appease their curiosity for the time being). You then had your alliance checker too check me, and then you decided to change my alliance too the Darros Lovers, so it will appear as if you are trying to get all mafia factions. You even went so far as too create a fake role PM, since you couldn't just say that is was an alliance check, since everyone would know that you were lying about Quagsires.

You stated that you knew Objection was lying about his Role PM when he claimed to the public. This solidifies the fact that Objection is a member of the mafia. You said that you "had your reasons" for keeping him around and you certainly do, he is a valuable member to the Darros Lovers, and you do not want to be without him and his powers for the rest of the game.

You are now trying to get rid of the one player that has revealed your plan to the remaining village members. I sincerely hope that I am not lynched today, however, if I am and my role PM is revealed, I am sure that you have knowledge of at least one of the remaining members of the Very Big Corporation of America, so you can throw them under the bus, too protect your own hide. Because of this, I implore you, Thoughts, StevenSnype, markyguila, Rayquaza2233, mewtwo15026, ~NJ, Acklow and purplefingers too keep a valuable ally against the Darros Lovers, and vote too lynch Objection and take out a major piece of the Darros Lovers plans.

tl;dr
Read it.

So, you make claims that challenge the credibility of the prosecution, you suggest a lynch target who is "obviously mafia" and you don't post a role PM. Just like how I defended myself d3. It didn't work then so it shouldn't work now.

Lynch danmantincan

As I have pointed out in my post during the previous lynch, I named you, Objection, mewtwo15026 and the "true" alliance checker as part of a mafia alliance. Now, assuming that both mafias had the same number of member's in the beginning, that would mean that you are all members of the Darros Lovers. mewtwo 15026 chose too lynch you (Upside) during the last lynch, so either it means he isn't allied with you, or he knew you could convince the villagers that Quagsires was the alliance checker, so decided to make a pointless vote to try and distance himself from you and your other allies. I don't know and honestly I don't care, but I do care that the village lynches a true member of the Darros Lovers.
Also keep in mind that I voted against Objection as well. If I had a decent reason to keep him alive at that point, why did I bring it up? The obvious answer is, I didn't have enough information to realize that keeping Objection alive was a good idea. After the singing fish thing happened, I receive more information. I've shared why lynching Objection is a bad idea with a number of people who I'm fairly confident are clean, and they know that Objection is obviously a bad lynch target, especially when after tonight, the majority vote could potentially swing in the mafia's favor.

You had said that Quagsires claimed alliance checker for the village, and that was your reason to lynch him on the previous day, but once his Role PM was revealed, there was more evidence against you. Quagsires was a member of the Very Big Corporation of America. If, you were too look back, there were two members that died as a result of the alliance checker's actions. YoshiX (Fluffy Grazing Animal) and Terrador14 (Very Big Corporation of America) were both casualties of the alliance checker. This shows that the alliance checker, who is still alive, is a member of the Darros Lovers and in an alliance with you (which is proven by you choosing to protect him and throw Quagsires to the village to appease their curiosity for the time being). You then had your alliance checker too check me, and then you decided to change my alliance too the Darros Lovers, so it will appear as if you are trying to get all mafia factions. You even went so far as too create a fake role PM, since you couldn't just say that is was an alliance check, since everyone would know that you were lying about Quagsires.
In all honesty, I don't know why he gave actual information on Terrador. Perhaps he suspected that we also inspected Terrador to make sure he was telling the truth? That was one of the reasons I gave him the benefit of the doubt when I heard he was an alliance checker.

You stated that you knew Objection was lying about his Role PM when he claimed to the public. This solidifies the fact that Objection is a member of the mafia. You said that you "had your reasons" for keeping him around and you certainly do, he is a valuable member to the Darros Lovers, and you do not want to be without him and his powers for the rest of the game.
Again, the majority of the village knows why I'm keeping Objection alive. Nothing more to say.

tl;dr
Lynching Objection loses you the game, and mafia sometimes make dumb moves.

One thing I'd like to bring up. Notice how there was no kidnap tonight? The same night someone discovers who the kidnapper is? Strange, huh?

I was looking for information about why Objection should be left intact, but all I found was this:

Upside said:
Objection is being kept alive for reasons I can't say. You can try to talk to me about it over IRC, but I'm super busy this week, so I might not get around to you.
Upside said:
I've shared why lynching Objection is a bad idea with a number of people who I'm fairly confident are clean...
This refusal to go public is, in my opinion, rather odd. We had all sorts of reasons to lynch Objection on Day 3--including but not limited to, if I recall, an inspection result--so what happened today that renders all of that null and void? Additionally, why can't you say it?

My guess is that you can't actually come up with a village-friendly reason. I don't doubt in the slightest that you have a very good reason; however, you couldn't say it in public because you'd get lynched by the next day as well. Therefore, I conclude that you are mafia.

"Wait, mewtwo, I voted Objection on Day 3, remember? I started the bandwagon, remember?

Upside said:
After a discussion with a member of our team, we've determined that the best lynch target for today is Objection, unless anyone else has anything better to go on, which I doubt.
"...so there's no way I could have known about the fish-thing; if I had, I'd have lynched someone else, right?" Not necessarily. That was a ploy to earn the trust of the village by voting with the popular opinion (even though you gave no immediate evidence; Quagsires had to post his conversation with you to get something on the board) while knowing that your teammate would not get lynched--a double bonus for you and your faction. Nice move, even if it's rather incriminating for the both of you.

Now for the big question: which of you should we lynch? You post for us erroneous information (YoshiX the Darros Lover, for example)--that is, when you do post information at all. However, I do believe that Objection is the more blatant mafioso in this hotel. When he was accused of being mafia, he made no effort to defend himself; instead, he spread the blame to other people. If I recall, this is called an "Ad Hominem" logical fallacy, which just so happens to be at the top of the list at http://www.nizkor.org/features/fallacies/ (Look familiar? Hover over Objection's signature.) danman is still suspicious due to the inspection result; however, I don't trust the source of that information, so I'm less concerned with him.

In short, Upside cannot be relied upon for information due to said info's various faults, and he does not seem to have a reason for Objection--the same person he voted for on Day 3--to be let out of the noose.

Unless you can convince me in this forum that you are NOT mafia and that you have a reason to free Objection that would benefit the village, I say we finish what we started and...
Lynch Objection.

Do you know why I haven't told you why we're keeping Objection alive? It's because you're mafia, and I'm sure the majority of the people voting know that.

Also:

"...so there's no way I could have known about the fish-thing; if I had, I'd have lynched someone else, right?" Not necessarily. That was a ploy to earn the trust of the village by voting with the popular opinion (even though you gave no immediate evidence; Quagsires had to post his conversation with you to get something on the board) while knowing that your teammate would not get lynched--a double bonus for you and your faction. Nice move, even if it's rather incriminating for the both of you.
Again, "the fish thing" has nothing to do with why we aren't lynching Objection, it just gave us an extra night, in which I found out that it would be beneficial to keep Objection around for a few more days. Again, I've explained this to everyone who isn't mafia, as in, you and danman

While I do not trust Objection, I do trust upside, and the reason Objection isn't being lynched does satisfy me. We have a full role PM for danmantincan and people seem to be ignoring that.

Moreso, the fact that danman seems to be the kidnapper. If a villager gets kidnapped, then we actually lose lynch majority against the mafia, which would be a disaster.

lynch objection

Okay, I'm sick of being called out as mafia without any tangible evidence. If you have anything besides a hunch, post it here now or you don't have anything. I can offer my role PM to those of you who want it.

I also realize that my lynch vote will be ignored because somebody else posted first and most of the Fluffy Grazing Idiot Lemmings--I mean, Animals--don't seem to know how to get off bandwagons. That said, please do NOT ignore my points about Objection in future cycles, or you're throwing yourselves off the cliff.

Now about what Upside is saying...I've been thinking about it, and he says that the only people he hasn't told why he flip-flopped away from Objection are Danman and I. This is on the basis that he thinks we're mafia; however, that's only 2 out of the 6 remaining mafia members. Unless we can see some more people claiming to know this reason--as well as a public posting of what this reason is--then we should assume that this reason is "We can't lynch Objection because he'll die, and my mafia and I can't stop it from happening".

I see no new danger presented to a villager who posts what I am asking you to post.

I realize that Upside has been giving us (mostly) reliable lynches. However, the YoshiX incident still raises a question: How come Upside never defended himself at all? He just pointed fingers (I don't care that Quags was mafia, although I do realize it). The "alliance checker claim" has NOT been publicly proven by anyone other than Upside, has it? NO. Where did Upside get his info regarding Quags?

Upside said:
I was told by BunnyMaster that he had claimed alliance checker.
Good one. Bunnymaster and Quagsires were never in the game together. Quags would not have been the one to claim alliance checker. Snail would have been. Since neither Snail nor BM is allowed to confirm this, there is no way to do so.

This has all the makings of a mafia-esque lie; convincing, yet unprovable.

If we the villagers want to win, we must lynch Darros Lovers; if the 2 remaining VBCAs die within the next 2 days without any Darros casualties whatsoever, the DLs get the vote. Upside claims he can help us do this, but...he doesn't seem very capable of doing so. Following info from a source who repeatedly falsifies information is NOT the way to lynch a particular faction.

If Upside tells us today to lynch someone who is NOT a Darros Lover, I suggest that we find a new driver for our bandwagon.

EDIT: Bolded important information.

Okay, I'm sick of being called out as mafia without any tangible evidence. If you have anything besides a hunch, post it here now or you don't have anything. I can offer my role PM to those of you who want it.
For the third fucking time!

As evidence, I present this and this. When the role PM that Terrador posted and the role PM that BM posted had some differences, surely people would have thought that Terrador was faking his PM. After all, up to that point, nobody had come out and said that BM was mafia (and I'm sure that an inspector must have inspected BM n1 because of his position as village leader). So why exactly did mewtwo try to defend Terrador on the basis of omission of "a little extraneous flavor" not being as suspicious as YoshiX admitting to faking his role? A fake is a fake, no matter how you look at it, and there's no legitimate reason for a villager to fake a village role.

In case you don't see where I'm going, I believe that mewtwo knew that Terrador was mafia and tried his best to save him from being lynched. But why would mewtwo defend someone he knew was mafia? Answer: he is mafia.
Also, about Quagsires/Snail/BM: Did it not occur to you that BM told Upside that Snail claimed alliance checker before BM died, and that "he" refers to Snail? To all intents and purposes, Snail and Quagsires are one and the same.

Sigh...This game is pretty much the following aphorism: You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.

Originally Posted by Fat Objection
As evidence, I present this and this.
This is tangible. As to whether it's evidence against me...not really. It just created suspicion. That's all you're going on: SUSPICION. There is no way to prove it right or wrong other than to lynch me, and right now, a mislynch will cost the village the game.

Objection said:
Also, about Quagsires/Snail/BM: Did it not occur to you that BM told Upside that Snail claimed alliance checker before BM died, and that "he" refers to Snail? To all intents and purposes, Snail and Quagsires are one and the same.
Yes, I do realize that this could be true. However, we cannot confirm this, as I said before and repeat here. I'll even bold it in my above post so that nobody ELSE misses it.
mewtwo15026 said:
Bunnymaster and Quagsires were never in the game together. Quags would not have been the one to claim alliance checker. Snail would have been. Since neither Snail nor BM is allowed to confirm this, there is no way to do so.
This is interesting. I never attacked you specifically in that post; I only mentioned the one in which I did. That post was only meant to question the reliability of Upside's information and his intent. My question is: why did you argue it? It seems to me that you don't want Upside to look to suspicious; are you two in the same faction? That would mean we've found another of the 6 mafiosos still here.

Congratulations, Objection. You've managed to make yourself AND Upside more suspicious.

I will now raise the stakes here. If Upside fails to lynch a Darros Lover tonight, then he must be allied in some way with them and will be lynched by Day 7. If Objection is lynched today--like he should be if the village wants to have any chance at winning--then Upside will be lynched on Day 6.

Posting to say the role pm posted by upside is incorrect and that that is in fact not danman's role PM.
Oh god, just when things were beginning to make sense. How do you know this?

I have a proposal for you guys. Lets lynch objection today, since im like 99% sure hes mafia. Then we just simply let things play out, see who claims what, who has evidence of what, and then lynch danman, upside, mewtwo, or who ever has been deemed mafia.

General Spoon said:
You are Don Vito Corleone.

You are the Don of the Corleone family, a powerful mafia family based in New York that you built up and made prosperous. You are well loved by the members of your family, and are a reasonable man who knows how to run the underworld. You have joined this conflict to help your allies in the Fluffy Grazing Animals.

At night you may send PM to General Spoon and shuckles my hero entitled “Night x – Make USER an offer he can't refuse” You will put a gun to USER's head and a sheet of paper in his hands, and assure him that either his role PM or his brains will be on that paper. USER likes his brains as they are, so you will obtain his role PM.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)