1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

[Beginner] PMD Mafia - Game Over! D.A.D. and Lady Salamence win!

Discussion in 'Circus Maximus' started by auramaster, Oct 11, 2011.

1. Dummy007

Dummy007

Am I allowed to ragequit?...oh, wait, too late. Nice job, village, except for the part where I DIED AND THE MAFIA KIND OF DESTROYED US. I really should have suspected lkk earlier (and I did), but superrun10's stupid Wrap powers kept me from forcing lkk to reveal his alliance, at which point I gave up and concluded he was village. Poor decision, apparently. D:
  2. Paradoxus

Paradoxus

Im not one to get angry at these types of things so gg guys, you played well LKK.
  3. TalkingLion

TalkingLion

Yeah, good game guys. Shame I couldn't have revealed lkk's alliance on Night 1 because of my lynch....
  4. Chomz

Chomz

TBH village, you guys kind of brought this upon yourselves. I know I was a villager too, and also made the mistake of trusting LKK enough to claim to him in the early stages, but he did made a ton of bad calls and suspicious statements in the later part of the game that someone should have picked up on.

Kudos to LKK though. Throughout everything he did a fantastic job of keeping attention away from himself and his faction. He played the 2v1 mafia game exactly the way it was meant to be played, and ultimately, I would say, deserved the win. Congrats.
  5. Maxim

Maxim

Dang, that's one way to lose a game. Good Game though.

And to think, I trusted lkk after the first lynch, and well, I guess I goofed.

The hilarious part is, I jokingly said that I trusted lkk, unless he was DAD pulling off some elaborate gambit.
  6. Metal Bagon

Metal Bagon

I must admit I survived longer then expected. However that was probably because I told box to kidnap me :). Nice moling LKK btw.

The bad thing for you now is that you won't be trusted as much anymore.
  7. auramaster

auramaster

A few comments...

• The whole Grovyle idea failed miserably. The idea was people would try to AVOID being Hooked, and get their enemies Hooked by passing the Time Gears around. LS would have to negotiate to find out who had the Time Gears...yeah it just plain didn't work
    • Village had two roles that could prove their roles, plus BPV in contact with a psuedo-Alliance Check from the beginning, the fact that they got moled astounds me (And reminds me of Quarantine, village had BPV twin with Full PM Inspector and got moled anyway)
    • Did M.O.M. ever do anything? I have actions, but no spreadsheet, no IRC channel, or any sign that you ever talked to anyone, including your own teammates
    • red_kryal had a MUCH better fake claim then lkk, it was better then a lot of the real Role PMs and could prove itself (Weatherman)
    • Hopefully now Beginners will learn to stop trusting the first person who asks for claims
    • In case you're curious, lkk was Inspected 3 times, and killed 3 times, all blocked by superrun10's Omniguard, which was protecting him every night
    • Maybe it's because I never played PMD Explorer's, but I didn't think Wigglytuff as Mafia was a big deal, didn't think twice about it...
    • Yes me and shiny were both Post Restricted for those two updates where we talked weird, lkk did it

EDIT: Here's our (Very messy) spreadsheet
  8. New World Order

New World Order Licks Toads
    is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

LKK=Mafia Beast :)
  9. red_kryal

red_kryal

10. kingofmars

kingofmars
    is a Past SPL Winneris a VGC2 Winner

Great, can someone design a beginner game with the specific purpose of making sure that no one can do this again?
  11. jumpluff

jumpluff princess
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Site Staff Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

oh god this squad thing has stuck, what a disgrace
  12. MK Ultra

MK Ultra BOOGEYMAN
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

Not really. Not to take anything away from lkk (grats for having the balls to pull that off), it was more the village's utter uselessness in trusting him (seemingly, to an outsider at least) unthinkingly. Flamestrike and I were talking around n2ish (I think), and both of us pointed out the large possibility of lkk being mafia, which never seemed to occur to anyone in the game until it was far too late.

But hey, that's what beginner games are for. This was the first beginner game that mostly contained actual beginners, which is definitely a good thing in promoting the vitality of smogon mafia, and it's better that they make mistakes here than in big/expert where people tend to care rather more about the results.
  13. Da Letter El

Da Letter El Officially internet famous
    is a Forum Moderator

Village had at least 4 different non-killing roles target LKK after the village safeguard died n1. And they failed.

Why did you think they failed?

x_x

Game was interesting to watch unfold, but just a word to the wise: don't let someone with an unprovable role lead the village. While that doesn't account for a mafia claiming with their real role, it's still better and more limiting than trusting any possible claim.

Still, good job lkk and company; you certainly did a good job at fooling the village. Congrats!
  14. Dummy007

Dummy007

Quick question: Why isn't Kaxtar's role PM in the end-of-game post?
  15. polelover44

polelover44

Yeah I really do feel like an idiot.

LKK played well, but there were so many fishy bits of evidence that we all should have noticed.
  16. zorbees

zorbees
    is a Forum Moderator

Yeah, GOON SQUAD was clearly the best version. All the other squads are cheap knock-offs.
  17. theangryscientist

theangryscientist

18. auramaster

auramaster

I blame shiny :)

19. Paradoxus

Paradoxus

But I have to admit, we did suck really badly. I mean, he actually said in IRC "Did someone reduce your priority? Someone should have" because I was targeting him.

He played absolutely brilliantly though, but next time can someone make a beginner thats 1v1 so shit like this doesn't happen? Please?
  20. theangryscientist

theangryscientist

don't kid yourself, it'll happen again and again
  21. Paradoxus

Paradoxus

I know :pirate:
  22. Cereza

Cereza Tastes Like Candy

why I did not called him earlier is beyond me. Anyways, I had fun and that's what actually matter. right?
  23. shinyskarmory

shinyskarmory

Did anyone find the hidden message?

Apparently not.
  24. Metal Bagon

Metal Bagon

lol

Why did you not listen to secret code Cereza?

Apparently something that doesn't always work when you computer is holding more data than the label said it could :)

(I was on about once each cycle, but I stayed silent, it was how I learnt that I was going to be lynched so I got myself kidnapped).

I guess the village was doomed, just it wasn't the all powerful M.O.M that doomed them.

GG regardless, I really enjoyed myself.
  25. superrun10

superrun10

Funny how Lkk was crying about K2000 death when he was the one that killed him.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)