1. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

[Beginner] United Nations Mafia - Night 3

Discussion in 'Circus Maximus' started by LifeAdmiral, Mar 9, 2011.

1. Flamestrike

Flamestrike

01[21:22] <Flamestrike> also you should target <snip> again
    [21:22] <loudkirbyking> M'kay

Note the again; it couldn't be from the first night I gave orders else I wouldn't be giving the same order again, and since I've only given orders out for 2 nights it must have been from last night. Obviously this could easily faked, but now I can rest easy knowing that you're lying and that I'm not making another mistake (then again inspect is the one that sent me the PM so...) Again, there's only one inspect in the entire game right now; if he's somehow mafia then this game is the biggest troll ever.

Also, Brammi was hardly inactive, and while he's somewhat new there are very few people in this game that couldn't have that applied to them. Oh, and for your claim:
    You sent me that with your claim. Idling all the time helps quite a bit.

As far as the lack of kidnaps and persuades is concerned, I honestly don't know if that's you guys trying to make yourselves look good or just not having anything better to do with them (tbh kidnap at this point is just a glorified silence and almost as worthless as the persuade).
  2. RaRe555

RaRe555

lynch loudkirbyking
  3. loudkirbyking

loudkirbyking

That's not in my logs, man. Whether my comp froze and it lost them, or it got deleted when my mom was toying with my comp, I dunno. But, I didn't see it when I went to send it in. I always double confirm my orders, and when I saw nothing from you, I just assumed idle.

Seriously, ginga never told me to target people... Let me show you.

[15:36] <uni_ninja> oh yea
    [15:36] <uni_ninja> idle tonight
    01[15:36] <loudkirbyking> Okay...?
    01[15:36] <loudkirbyking> Any reason why?
    [15:36] <uni_ninja> yeah
    [15:36] <uni_ninja> basicaly I don't hae a target for you

That was N2. N3, he posted, saying he'd PM the orders. No PM from him whatsoever. You have the spread of night actions, you know this.

And lack of things, other people tend to use actions every night with no use to them. It's interesting the lack of things. And kidnap, I think, is an auto-hook the next night. So, whoever the kidnapper is, it'd help them a lot to use it.
  4. Objection

Objection

OK, majority and grace period are up. It's time for an update. Expecting an April Fools update? [​IMG]

The day starts with Flamestrike checking his records to see where his previous lynch went so wrong, but then he sees a post-it note among them. It reads "Get loudkirbyking" and so he uses this as evidence that loudkirbyking is an enemy. There is much heated debate between the two of them until eventually Athenodoros gets tired of it and shoots loudkirbyking in the head. RaRe555 sees the role PM sticking out of loudkirbyking's pocket and picks it up and reads it out:

Quagsires suggests that you nick some of loudkirbyking's vodka. You all concur and, soon enough, you are all drunk on vodka and stagger out of the building to go home for the night.

It is now Night 6. Deadline for Night 6 is April 3rd, 2:30pm GMT.
  5. Flamestrike

Flamestrike

Feel free to explain why you guys haven't been using your roles in the postgame, I'm still curious.

Hopefully I've made up for the mislynch yesterday. I'll be sending out orders soon, and hopefully tonight inspect will get the last mafia.
  6. Steven Snype

Steven Snype
    is a Tutoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Here's the real update.

7. loudkirbyking

loudkirbyking

It's interesting how I got shot when I'm the one holding guns to people's heads...

Good luck, rejects. I do hope you all shall survive. And with my sufficient work in being rejected, may you find success.

THERE'S STILL 5 MORE OF US! VILLAGE SHALL NEVER WIN!

*insert April Fool's reference here*
  8. Objection

Objection

Just to remind everyone, Engineer Pikachu is still missing. He cannot use or be targeted by any night actions tonight.
  9. Terrador

Terrador

Requesting sub-out, as I'm completely out of the loop for the game.
  10. Quagsires

Quagsires

You already were.
  11. Objection

Objection

Ladies and gentlemen ... well, gentlemen. I give you ... a-da-deadline.

At first when you enter the building, you think that the night has been uneventful until you see Engineer Pikachu crying over something. While you're glad to see that he's back, you wonder what could have brought on the tears. He points to the body of Flamestrike with a tribal spear sticking out of his stomach. Nightmare jigglypuff sees a role PM next to the body so he picks it up and reads it:

You all start giving evil looks to each other as in your head you accuse everyone of being responsible for this.

It is now Day 7. Day 7 deadline is April 5th, 3:00pm GMT. Engineer Pikachu has returned.

EDIT:
    Alive players:

Engineer Pikachu
    rare555
    Athenodoros
    Smashlloyd20
    Xaqwais
    Nightmare Jigglypuff
    JB25
    Tsuk
    Terrador14 Quagsires

Dead:

Captain Bagman - Lynched on Day 1 - Wolf - Secret Military Nation
    Dukefan5 Spiffy - Mugged and shot on Night 1 - Lynch Redirector - The Rejects
    iiMKUltra - Lynched on Day 2 - BG/Alliance Checker - Axis of Awesome
    Midou - Stoned to death by 10000 followers on Day 2 - Hooker - Axis of Awesome
    Hydrattler - Became a human Molotov Cocktail on Night 2 - Priority Raiser - United Nations Security Council
    guyguypants - Lynched on Day 3 - Reverse Martyr + BPV - Axis of Awesome
    ginganinja - Became a human Molotov Cocktail on Night 3 - Mayor - United Nations Security Council
    Master12345 - Drowned in a bowl of hummus on Night 3 - Inspector - The Rejects
    khz - Lynched on Day 4 - Silencer - Axis of Awesome
    J-man - Became a human Molotov Cocktail on Night 4 - Hooker - United Nations Security Council
    Levity StevenSnype - Lynched on Day 5 - Coroner/Forensic - United Nations Security Council
    Brammi - Became a human Molotov Cocktail on Night 5 - Continent checker - United Nations Security Council
    Hextator loudkirbyking - Lynched on Day 6 - Persuader - The Rejects
    Flamestrike - Speared through the stomach on Night 6 - 1-time day vigilante - United Nations Security Council
  12. Flamestrike

Flamestrike

Meh, it was going to happen eventually. Good luck village, finish this off for me!
  13. Engineer Pikachu

Engineer Pikachu Good morning, you bastards!
    is a Contributor to Smogon

OK, now that I have returned, I am going to step up as a replacement leader. Flamestrike and I have talked at some length, so we [hopefully] should be all right. Just to confirm everything, I'd like all players to send me their role PM, even if you have already shown me it through IRC.

The faster you do so, the faster I can get a lynch target together. Anyone who does not send their PM within 24 hours will be placed under suspicion.
  14. Engineer Pikachu

Engineer Pikachu Good morning, you bastards!
    is a Contributor to Smogon

Since my first post didn't go through...

Information has been gathered, but I don't quite want to take a risk yet.

no lynch
  15. Objection

Objection

Most inactive day of the game. Deadline has arrived.

You're all still half asleep today and most of you can't even summon the energy to talk, so you decide not to bother lynching anyone today. You all trudge back home, but before you leave the building, you hear a scream followed by a thud. You all turn around and find that smashlloyd20 is lying on the floor in the middle of the hallway with a tribal spear poking out of his stomach. Engineer Pikachu, the only one with any real energy left in him, runs up to the dead body and sees a bloodstained role PM:

All of a sudden, Tsuk seems to have gained a lot of energy - enough to run like hell towards the emergency exit, since the main exit is rather crowded. Unfortunately for him, Quagsires and Athenodoros had anticipated this and set up a trap the night before. Just as Tsuk sets foot outside the building, he falls into a 20ft-deep pit. The rest of you follow Quagsires to this trap and look at his captured prey. "All right, I admit it! I am the last Reject!" Tsuk cries. "I just wanted a good spot in the United Nations Security Council! Here, I'll even read out my role PM for you!"

As he continues to blubber, you all start feeling uncomfortable. Eventually, Nightmare jigglypuff can't take any more and throws a grenade into the pit. Seeing this, you all suddenly have a lot more energy than before and run as far away from the building as possible. Seconds later, you hear a loud BOOM! and you look back at where Tsuk was. The side of the building now looks like it could use some repair ... or rebuilding. But at least you got rid of all your enemies.

It is game over. The United Nations Security Council wins.

Oh, and here are the other role PMs:

RaRe555 (open)

Engineer Pikachu (open)

Nightmare jigglypuff (open)

JBCWK (open)

Quagsires (open)

Athenodoros (open)

Xaqwais (open)
  16. Nightmare Jigglypuff

Nightmare Jigglypuff

yeah, i didn't have much to do in this game, but at least it was a role that i've never done before.

anyway, good job to everyone who played and grenades ftw!
  17. Tsuk

Tsuk

oh ok fine i didn't really have a chance anyway sorry!

why did i not throw the grenade back anyway
  18. Quagsires

Quagsires

Don't question it, you didn't.

Although why wasn't Ginga New Zealand? It seems like it would've fit him more...
  19. Xaqwais

Xaqwais

I could have sent no role PMs it wouldn't have made a difference D:
  20. Spiffy

Spiffy

Fuckers.
  21. loudkirbyking

loudkirbyking

Heh, and we would've won, if it weren't for those meddling leaders...

Anywho, good job, village. You played well... Kudos to ginga and Flame for leading on so many lynches.

Next time, I call ACTIVE partners that aren't named 'Spiffy', a'ight?
  22. Athenodoros

Athenodoros Official Smogon Know-It-All

AAAAIIIGHT! Ginga, front and centre. Explanations PL0X.
  23. Flamestrike

Flamestrike

Yeah, before I died we had it nailed down to smashlloyd, rare, or tsuk. Admittedly tsuk was the least suspicious of the three (mainly because he claimed martyr and thus was our best bet at stopping kills), but I'm pretty sure it would have eventually been realized "wait, people haven't been distracted" so yeah. Still not sure how lkk was marked as cleaned on Quagsires and ginga's sheet, that really cost us and made us think that Quags had become wolf, which kinda split the leadership and caused me to not tell Quagsires a bunch of stuff (like the fact that we martyred smash instead of rare that last night). Oh well, a win is a win. GG all
  24. ginganinja

ginganinja Member of the Gamefreak ORAS Balancing Team
    is a Forum Moderatoris a CAP Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

My thoughts

N0 I stepped up to lead. I don't think many of you took me seriously which was annoying but w/e. I made contact with my twin (Terrador) and then asked the village inspector to inspect me even though I figured that I would get kidnapped or silenced.

D1 I was Kidnapped which sucked and the inspector forgot to send in his action so it was a waste of a night really. I recieved a shit load of claims and right off had about 6 inspector-ish claims. I trusted EPs the most (being the only full Role PM inspector I had) and when Athen (eventually) claimed I figured that EP was clean. Anyway we lynched Bagman who turned out to be the wolf so all good there.

N1 I trusted Midou and iiMKUltra the least and figured that they were mafia. Basically I had iiMKUltra inspect a "dud" target while EP inspected him and then tested Midou's role by "Martyring" his role.

D2 Yeah o.k the Martyr was mafia too but midou showed up mafia when his hook flavor did not match. With 2 Mafia found I lynched iiMKUltra and killed Midou with Flames ability. Spiffy had also died the night before so I knew that both the Mafia were not allied together leaving the village in the strong position.

N2 was when things got interesting. By process of elimination and the fact that khz had never given me a result I reckoned that khz was mafia and so inspected him. I also knew that GGP was mafia considering he gave away the mafias secret channel so I got Athen to loiter in the channel to see if any mafia buddies logged on. I had a chat to GGP hoping to work together to eliminate the Rejects first (which worried me as they had more numbers) but GGP never gave me anything.

D3 Lynched GGP and khz came up as Mafia. I had a chat with him and basicaly we worked out a deal where he would kill reject targets for me.

N3: I was p sure that I was going to get double crossed by khz since I played the entire game w/o a BG on me but whatever. Master12345, khz and loudkirbyking were all certain mafia or suspected. Khz killed Master and I asked EP to check Brummi seeing as even if he had a positive result the village would still have a mafia to lynch. I died that night which sucked but by then the Village had won anyways. Had I survived Flame and Brummi would have had Spread acess and Lkk would have been lynched.

Oh and regarding the lkk fiasco, EP never checked him (which could have double checked by asking EP himself) as he had inspected khz instead and the spread had not been updated. Also I had a bloody PM to my twin (and therefore Quagsires) which said not to trust lkk but yeah, guess it was kinda my fault as I shoudl have made it more clear.

Also fuck you terrador. You went inactive the moment I died and the village could have very easily lost because of this. Assumed IRL issues had come up but it was still annoying
  25. JBCWK

JBCWK

BG for 2/2 games so far

B)

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)