Beheeyem (Analysis)

sandman

Bum bum bum bum
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

Beheeyem

[Overview]
- 125 Special Attack and low speed makes it ideal for Trick Room.
- Telepathy and Ally Switch give it something over Musharna and Reuniclus and allow it to be an effective Trick Room supporter.
- 40 Base Speed, fast for Trick Room with a neutral nature, allows it to Imprison Trick Room teams and setup Trick Room against faster teams.
- Kind of frail and not as reliable at setting up Trick Room as the other popular starters.

[SET]
name: Trick Room Support
move 1: Psychic
move 2: Ally Switch / Shadow Ball / Thunderbolt
move 3: Trick Room
move 4: Protect / Imprison
item: Sitrus Berry / Mental Herb / Lum Berry
ability: Telepathy
nature: Modest
evs: 252 HP / 148 SpA / 108 SpD

[SET COMMENTS]

- Due to Beheeyem’s fragility it isn’t the best Trick Room lead, however it’s a great back up pokemon with 125 Special Attack.
- Ally Switch, unique to Beheeyem, switches Beheeyem's position with your other active pokemon which can be a great defensive move and due to its exclusiveness, is usually unexpected.
- Shadow Ball and Thunderbolt for coverage allowing Beheeyem to possibly OHKO Chandelure and Tornadus who don't invest in HP.
- With Imprison, it makes an effective lead against other Trick Room teams being able to almost totally shutdown Musharna and Reuniclus knowing Psychic, Trick Room, and Shadow Ball.
- The EV spread allows Beheeyem to take a Shadow Ball from a modest Chandelure.

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

- It's important to note that Ally Switch has +1 priority.
- All items are pretty self-explanatory, Lum berry being there to prevent Amoonguss from stopping Beheeyem from setting up Trick Room and unfortunately, standard Amoonguss survives Beheeyem's psychic
- Modest with no speed out speeds minimum speed Jellicent out of Trick Room.
- Scrafty makes a great partner if running Ally Switch as Beheeyem can take Fighting-type attacks while Scrafty takes almost nothing from Dark-,Ghost-, and most Bug-type attacks.

[Other Options]

- Disable is incredibly helpful lasting four turns.
- Beheeyem has an unusually high base stat attack of 75 for a specially oriented Psychic-type and Rock Slide may sound like a poor choice, but it allows it to deal spread damage to Chandelure, Thundurus, Tornadus, and with 20 Atk EVs always 2HKOs Volcarona holding Charti Berry, who would otherwise be a serious threat.
- Simple Beam can be used alongside a stat upper or to cancel an opposing pokemon's ability.
- It gets Nasty Plot and it's a great way to punish people who Protect trying to stall out Trick Room.
- If you have no use for Telepathy, Synchronize is its other ability, but when running Trick Room, Paralyzing your opponent with Synchronize can be worse than just taking it yourself.

[Checks and Counters]

- Volcarona, Hydreigon, and Chandelure all threaten to KO Beheeyem with their powerful and super effective Stab attacks.
- Taunt users are a threat without Mental Herb
- Because of its 40 Base Speed, it’s outspeed by a lot of common pokemon in Trick Room such as Reuniclus and Amoonguss, both of whom can seriously impede or hurt Beheeyem.

cosmicexplorer

pewpewpew
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
You mention it's not a good TR lead, but then what's the point of Imprison? Imprison is only good for stopping Trick Room from being set up, and has almost no use in the back. If you're going to mention Imprison, clearly mention that it's only useful in the front.

cosmicexplorer

pewpewpew
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Also mention that Ally Switch has priority, that's really important. Substitute is probably a better idea than Nasty Plot for taking advantage of people that try to stall out TR. Also lol what is Disable good for?

Also, when you mention Scrafty, you say it can easily take Bug-type attacks. Scrafty is neutral to Bug-type attacks due to its secondary Dark typing and is 2HKOed by Escavalier's Bug move of choice; a better partner would be Conkeldurr for taking Bug-type moves. Although it can't take Chandelure's Shadow Ball nearly as well, it also makes a good partner with Ally Switch.

A spread of 252 HP / 148 SpA / 108 SpD should also be mentioned, as it's able to take a Modest Chandelure's Shadow Ball while retaining reasonable Special Attack. Finally, if you're going to go the route of 252 SpA, Protect shouldn't be the primary slash, it should be something like Shadow Ball or Hidden Power Fighting, to take advantage of its high Special Attack. I also think that a fully defensive spread should be mentioned at least in AC, because the analysis is shaping up to be more of a supporter than an attacker.

sandman

Bum bum bum bum
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Also mention that Ally Switch has priority, that's really important. Substitute is probably a better idea than Nasty Plot for taking advantage of people that try to stall out TR. Also lol what is Disable good for?
I forgot to mention the priority I'll add that. Disable is for disabling moves after you Protect. Substitute is great for that but every pokemon learns it where Beheeyem is one the few pokemon who learns Nasty Plot.

EDIT: Escalvier is hardly ever seen and Conkeldurr is 2HKOed by Chandelure's Shadow Ball, its not much better than Scrafty. I'll probably add that spread but Beheeyem needs max attack to Guarantee a KO on some special defensive Conkeldurr variants and probably some others I can't think of right now. I'll think about the fully defensive spread but besides Ally Switch its totally outclassed by Musharna and Reuniclus who can do the same bulk almost effortlessly and Beheeyem should take advantage of its High Special attack.

"item: Sitris Berry / Mental Herb / Lum Berry" Should be Sitrus

"- The EV spread allows Beheeyem to take a Shadow Ball from a modest Shandera." May want to change to Chandelure for consistency.

"- Its important to note that Ally Switch has +1 priority." missing an apostrophe there

I use a bulky nasty plot set, and with Beheeyem's acsess to recover, i find it works quite well

a negative speed nature lets it preform better under trick room, just saying.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)