Beheeyem [QC : 0/3]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ununhexium

I closed my eyes and I slipped away...
is a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Overview
########

• Analytic
  • High Special Attack
  • Decent movepool
  • Okay bulk
  • Slow

Choice Specs
########
name: Choice Specs
move 1: Psychic / Psyshock
move 2: Signal Beam
move 3: Thunderbolt
move 4: Trick / Hidden Power Fighting / Hidden Power Ground
ability: Analytic
item: Choice Specs
evs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
nature:

Moves
========

• Psychic is a powerful, reliable STAB move
  • Psyshock can be used to hit physical walls harder
  • Signal Beam grants good coverage against Psychic- and Dark-types
  • Thunderbolt nails Water-types like Carracosta and Flying-types like Chatot, Togetic, Dodrio, and Scyther
  • Though its attacks smash about everything, Trick is useful to hit random opponents
  • Hidden Power Fighting and Hidden Power Ground can be used to beat Bastiodon

Set Details
========

• EVs and nature maximize bulk and Special Attack
  • Choice Specs and Analytic make it an excellent wallbreaker

Usage Tips
========

• Force Pokemon out and hit them on the switch because of the Analytic boost
  • Try to bring it in on a U-turn or Volt Switch because it is frail physically

Team Options
========

• KRICKETUNE BECAUSE STICKY WEBS!!!!
  • Cleaners that appreciate walls broken (such as Sneasel, Scyther, Ninetales)

Offensive Trick Room
########
name: Offensive Trick Room
move 1: Trick Room
move 2: Psychic / Psyshock
move 3: Thunderbolt
move 4: Signal Beam
ability: Analytic
item: Life Orb
evs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 252 SpD
ivs: 0 Spe
nature: Quiet

Moves
========

• Trick Room turns you from a slow wallbreaker into a threatening sweeper
  • Psychic is a powerful STAB move
  • Psyshock can be used if hitting Defense is preferred
  • Thunderbolt grants nice coverage
  • Signal Beam, though weak, provides useful coverage, especially against Psychic- and Dark-types

Set Details
========

• EVs maximize bulk and Special Attack for maximum power
  • Minimum Speed to "outspeed" as much as possible when trick room is up
  • Analytic is the chosen ability in case you need to use Beheeyem as an early-game wallbreaker or if the opponent uses priority that Beheeyem survives

Usage Tips
========

• Bring in off of a U-turn or fainted opponent
  • Only bring in against a weakened team to clean it up with ease
  • Set up Trick Room against something you can force out and kill stuff :)

Team Options
========
  • Strong wallbreakers
  • Ground-types like Golem to hurt Steel-types
  • Sneasel can knock off Metag's Eviolite

Other Options
########

• Nasty Plot
  • Life Orb
  • Choice Scarf (but even this requires SW support)
  • Assault Vest
  • Recover

Checks & Counters
########

**Faster Pokemon**: Even with Sticky Web support, Beheeyem is very slow and is outsped by many faster Pokemon and Choice Scarf users.

**Dark-types**: Faster Dark-types, though they can't switch in on Beheeyem from fear of coverage moves, can check Beheeyem or force it out with the super effective STAB moves.

**Steel-types**: Though it is 2HKOed by Shadow Ball on the Choice Specs set if switching in, Metang can basically wall Beheeyem, though it is worn down rather easily. Additionally, Bastiodon can take almost any hit except for a Hidden Power Fighting or Hidden Power Ground.

Last edited:

Ununhexium

is a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Oh yeah I meant to put this into QC but idrk what else qualifies as a check / could term because nothing really switches into it

scorpdestroyer

it's a skorupi egg
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Usage Tips and Team Options are still empty.

For checks and counters you could put stuff that switch into most of Beheeyem's moves or at least Psychic. (hint: Steel-types, Dark-types) Your explanation for faster Pokemon isn't going to cut it either because not every faster Pokemon can beat Beheeyem. You'll need to mention that Beheeyem is slower than most of the Pokemon in the tier, including stuff that hit it very hard such as x, y, and z.

Put AV and Recover in OO.

Also a little doubtful about the set. Don't change it yet but I'm thinking of something like Psychic / Signal Beam / HP Ground | Thunderbolt / Trick. QC thoughts?

Also, thoughts about OTR getting a set?

Mention in usage tips that 90% of the time you should be clicking your psychic stab as it demolishes pretty much everything that isn't a 4x resist

I think it makes more sense to go with signal beam + trick than shadow ball + hp fighting, you still hit all the same targets that I can think of bar metang, which is 2hkoed by thunderbolt. Not that trick is too useful as you already beat pretty much every special wall anyway but whatever.

Nature should be modest, idk if you just forgot to put it before but yeah.

OTR should definitely get a full set

The overview should have more about its role in the metagame, especially how good of a wallbreaker it is

You need to mention more checks in c&c. Metang and dark types switch into your stab but die to other moves, but they're still worth mentioning since they stop you from just spamming psychic.

Edit: actually you could slash hp ground or fighting with trick to OHKO bastiodon

Ares

Fool me...can't get fooled again
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Ummmmm Ununhexium I'm going to have to give this QC Reject 1/3 seeing as there is absolutely no content in TO and C&C and very little in UT, not to mention that this hasn't been edited in over a month. It looks to me like you just put this in QC stage so as to avoid it being reassigned :/ I know you can fill this out and get this finished but until then gonna have to reject.

Also, you didn't do "Edit: actually you could slash hp ground or fighting with trick to OHKO bastiodon" from my post. Shadow ball and signal beam on the same set is kind of pointless, and metang is 2hkoed by thunderbolt anyway. Change the metang section of c&c to steel types in general as well.

Ares

Fool me...can't get fooled again
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Your Usage Tips and Team Options for both sets are still really bare, UT needs more detail and at least 2 more lines, while TO needs a ton of work cause right now its just Sticky Web + stuff that likes walls gone.

Anty

let's drop
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
A lot of stuff is lacking in detail here. You need more than two options, especially when one of them (sticky web) isnt too effective.

You havent even tried to increase this since monteseguer has warned and rejected you. QC rejected 2/3

Ununhexium

i forgot about this for a while and i have a bunch of other stuff so ill just drop it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)