1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Beheeyem (QC 3/3)

Discussion in 'Locked / Outdated Analyses' started by Raseri, Dec 11, 2011.

1. Raseri

Raseri musharna fan
    is a Tutoris a member of the Site Staffis a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Researcher Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
    NU Leader

[Overview]

· One of the highest Special Attack stats in the meta
    .Very slow to take advantage of Trick Room
    . Very boss Pokemon
    . Why don’t you have Focus Blast?

[SET]
    name: Nasty Plot + Trick Room
    move 1: Trick Room
    move 2: Nasty Plot
    move 3: Psychic
    move 4: Thunderbolt / Hidden Power [Fighting]
    item: Life Orb / Leftovers
    ability: Synchronize
    nature: Quiet
    evs: 252 HP / 4 def / 252 SpAtk
    ivs: 0 spe

[SET COMMENTS]

- One of two Nasty Plot + Trick Roomers in the tier
    - Hits much harder than Slowking
    - HP Fighting allows you to hit dark and steel types super effectively, while Thunderbolt offers more neutral coverage.
    - Synchronize is chosen over telepathy because telepathy is useless
    - Destroys most of the meta at +2

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

- Works great with other slow mons to take out what stops Beheeyem
    - Ursaring can take advantage of Trick Room and destroy many threats that stop Beheeyem in his tracks
    - Can set up against many of the top threats like Sawk and Klinglang; though will not beat Klinglang without HP Fighting
    - Shadow Ball is an option if you struggle with ghost types or other psychic types

[Other Options]

- A calm mind set is outclassed by other psychic types
    - A Nasty Plot set without Trick Room can be used with Substitute but is outclassed by Trick Room
    - don’t use Beheeyem if you aren’t using Trick Room
    - Can dual screen but is outclassed by a myriad of Pokemon
    - A pure Trick Room set is also viable, dropping Nasty Plot for a coverage move

[Checks and Counters]

- Absol an Sucker Punch it easily
    - Bulky Psychic types if running Shadow Ball
    - Walled and trapped by Skuntank.

[Dream World]
    - Gets Analytic, which is potentially useful for anon Trick Room set, but Beheeyem is far too slow to work under those circumstances
  2. Omicron

Omicron
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

I'd like to see Thunderbolt in the AC, if not slashed. It hits a bunch of targets for super effective damage; Shadow Ball actually isn't that good.

In fact, I'd slash THunderbolt with HP Fighting and leave Shadow Ball in the AC
  3. Raseri

Raseri musharna fan
    is a Tutoris a member of the Site Staffis a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Researcher Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
    NU Leader

AC I can see for sure, but would I slash it with HP Fighting and Shadow Ball?

edit: added
  4. NatGeo

NatGeo sun's coming up
    is a Contributor Alumnus

Beeheeyem's pretty powerful even when unboosted, so I would probably mention a pure TR set in OO. At the very least you can get more coverage with Psychic / Shadow Ball | Thunderbolt / HP Fighting. Also mention that thing with Ursaring that it can also take advantage of TR as well (similar to TR Reuni + BU Conk in OU), though it has to be running Guts or something.

Also seconding Thunderbolt
  5. Raseri

Raseri musharna fan
    NU Leader

after thinking about it I made Thunderbolt the primary slash since it hits Slowking hardest and has the best neutral coverage. I'm still waiting for QC approvals or is there something else i missed?
  6. tennisace

tennisace brock you like a hurricane
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Super Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
    Twitter Head

[​IMG]

i was just waiting for the changes to be made, looks good.
  7. Omicron

Omicron
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

[​IMG]

nice

QC APPROVED 2/3

also you don't need the brackets around Hidden Power anymore
  8. Zebraiken

Zebraiken seize the day
    is a member of the Site Staffis an official Team Rateris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Battle Server Moderatoris a Super Moderator Alumnus

[​IMG]

QC APPROVED (3/3)
  9. tennisace

tennisace brock you like a hurricane
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Super Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
    Twitter Head

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)