Move: Belch

Game Released:
Pokemon X/Y (Gen VI)

Type:

Category:

BP: 120
Accuracy:
Max. PP: 14
Description: The user lets out a damaging belch on the target. The user must eat a Berry to use this move.
Actual Effect: The user needs to eat a berry first before the turn, in order to use it.

Quick Summary: Overall, Belch is probably the best damage dealing Poison Type move in-game, as it's much more powerful than Fire Blast and Thunder; the only downside being that the holder MUST hold a berry in order to use it.

Whether berry doesn't matter, it just simply needs to be an item that qualifies as a berry; the best berry being Sitrus/Oran, whether tier your in (OU, to LC respectively), as it allows for quick recovery, and then you can unleash this stinky powerful attack against your enemies, however, this removes longer lasting recovery, such as the likes of Black Sludge and Leftovers.

The Best Users would probably be Swalot, and Stuntank, as their SpA is enough to abuse this as a last resort, or to troll the opposing team with dealing high amounts of damage. Also, maybe in LC, this move can be pretty kickass with an Oran Berry, and can probably prove some use with Trubish, Stunky, and Gulpin.

Greatest Examples:

Toxicroak @ Petaya Berry/Salac Berry
Timid nature
-Nasty Plot
-Belch
-Vaccuum Wave/Focus Blast
-Shadow Ball/Dark Pulse/HP Ice

Suggested by lmitchell0012.

Swalot @ Chesto Berry
Timid / Modest Nature
- Rest
- Stockpile
- Belch
- Ice Beam / Surf / HP Fire - Ground

Users:
Ekans, Grimer, Gulpin, Seviper, Stunky, Croagunk, And Trubish Family Trees.

Egg Move Users: Bellsprout, Slowpoke, Seel, Lickitung, Munchlax/Snorlax, Miltank, Magby, Cacnea, and Heatmor Family Trees (More to come soon).

Any other thoughts?

Last edited:
Quick Summary: Overall, Belch is probably the best damage dealing Poison Type move in-game, as it's much more powerful than Fire Blast and Thunder; the only downside being that the holder MUST hold a berry in order to use it.
Does anyone know the BP of this move? I'm guessing it's 120+ because of this.

One thing I'd like to know about the move, other than its stats, is if the pokemon can keep using the move or if its a 1 turn situational thing.

This could be amazing on something with harvest. Otherwise I don't see it being too useful as a once use only move
One thing I'd like to know about the move, other than its stats, is if the pokemon can keep using the move or if its a 1 turn situational thing.
IT's not one turn only, once you ate the berry, you can do it as much as you want (or at least 2 times since I was hit by this move two time in a row)
I don't know about after switching though.

Ahhh... Swalot got a nice boost.
However, it always liked recovery with Black Sludge as it's supposed to act as a bulky special attacker with utility. I'm not sure how it would help him much, maybe for a confirmed kill I guess.

Seviper has the special attack to take advantage of this, it could definitely use this. Garbordor could replace Gunk Shot with this. Nevermind, its SpA is a crappy 60. Does Weezing have this? It could be great for it.

Hmmmm... Its a strong move but I'm gonna wait until more tests on it have been done to give it more thought.

I mean if you gotta use a berry if it switches back in it might be wasting a moveslot or two if your running Recycle. But again I'm gonna wait until more is confirmed about it.

What if a boosting berry was used? The question is, does the berry activate before or after you belch as in would a Petaya Berry be worth it or for the next turn... Salac?

Also, belches are usually noises, so does it piercer Subs?
I consider it to be visualized of the fumes dealing damage, so maybe no....

Then again, Serebii hasn't confirmed half this information seeitoldyouguysandyoudidn'tlisten.

What if a boosting berry was used? The question is, does the berry activate before or after you belch as in would a Petaya Berry be worth it or for the next turn... Salac?

Also, belches are usually noises, so does it piercer Subs?
That's not how it works.
You have to have eaten a berry before to use the move.
Doing the move doesn't make you eat the berry.

This maybe irrelevant to the post, but....

Imagine if Gardevoir got this as an Egg Move.

I mean, come on now, both Swalot and Gardevoir are both in the Amorphous Egg Group, and Gardevoir might be able to spam this move. Now let this image settle in your head; Gardevoir, one of the most elegant Pokemon in the whole wide world, burp in front of the enemy's face as means of an attack.

someone please confirm this I want belching Gardevoirs.

ANNOUNCEMENT:

Since Belch can be used with a berry of any type, I must consult the usage of another move;

Recycle.

Recycle is essentially a free Harvest; waste a berry, get a berry back, without the usage of weather, but it wastes on turn on usage; either way, I was right about this move being spammable, to the Pokemon who learn both Recycle and Belch at least; the only problem is, we don't know who can learn both Belch and Recycle as an Egg Move at this point, since it's still new.

So is it like poison outrage with the berry requirement? Edit: looks like while I was reading the OP edited out the "2-3 turns" thing that made me think that it was an outrage variant

If so...switch in a steel, and set up?

So is it like poison outrage with the berry requirement? Edit: looks like while I was reading the OP edited out the "2-3 turns" thing that made me think that it was an outrage variant

If so...switch in a steel, and set up?
^This guy keeps confusing me all the time (GDK), so I have to change the actual effect when he discovers something new.

Either way, Belch is starting to see the light of day even more because of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)