1. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Best defense is a good offense

Discussion in 'BW OU Teams' started by Indigo 13, Nov 19, 2012.

1. Indigo 13

Indigo 13

I usually try to make balance teams but recently was messing around with this for a full offense team that doesn't require weather. Not sure how well it would work but seems like it could be a fun team. I also really like this team because except for Scrafty there all 1st gen.

Aerodactyl @ Focus Sash
    Ability: Pressure
    EVs: 100 Atk / 152 SpA / 252 Spe
    Nature: Hasty
    - Fire Blast
    - Stone edge
    - Tailwind
    - Stealth Rock

Suicide lead. Sets up stealth rock and tailwind. If it still kicking it has stone edge as main attack and fire blast to hit the likes of Ferrothorn and Forretress.

Cloyster @ Kings Rock
    Ability: Skill Link
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
    Nature: Jolly
    - Shell Smash
    - Icicle Spear
    - Rock Blast
    - Hydro Pump / Rapid spin / Ice Shard

Love this guy. The flinch rate with kings rock is a lot of fun. Hydro pump is a good heavy attack rapid spin lets me clear the way if i think Cloyster is done and ice shard lets me hit scarf users and others with priority moves. Not sure with which one to go with.

Scrafty @ leftovers / Lum berry
    Ability: Shed skin / Moxie
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
    Nature: Jolly
    - Dragon Dance
    - Drain Punch
    - Crunch
    - Ice Punch / Outrage

I really like his two main abilities since shed skin in large protects him for status but a lum berry can be use while moxie boost his attack to scary levels. Leaning toward moxie. His basic set uses Ice punch which is understandable but I was wondering about outrage. It would lose coverage against Gliscor but hit fighting types a bit harder.

Gengar @ Leftovers
    Ability: Levitate
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
    Nature: Timid
    - Substitute
    - Disable
    - Shadow Ball
    - Focus Blast

Nothing special but a cool guy who helps with Scrafty and Cloysters fighting weakness.

Alakazam @ Life Orb
    Ability: Magic Guard
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
    Nature: Timid
    ~ Psyshock
    ~ Focus Blast
    ~ Shadow Ball
    ~ Substitute

Doesn't fear entry hazards thanks to it great ability and Sub allows for scouting and stopping paralysis. Besides that his mustache is truly terrifying.

Ditto @ Choice scarf
    Ability: Imposter
    EVs: 252 HP
    Nature: Quirky
    - Transform
    - move
    - move
    - move

Always liked this guy and sad he was so useless. Now that he isn't I have to have him on my team.

I'm sure this team has a lot of weaknesses but think there is some potential and could be pretty fun. Willing to replace some members if anyone has a suggestion but want to keep Ditto and Scrafty.
  2. Alfalfa

Alfalfa

First thing first, Aerodactyl is not going to succeed very well unless there is no team preview. I really just want to say "No lead, you need a pokemon who can support your team when you need it," especially since Ditto is taking up that last spot. I actually really want to say that your team needs Paralysis and Rapid Spin. Starmie is a good choice for this, and should go in place of Aerodactyl, since Suicide leads only work without Team Preview (we will get to Stealth Rock in a second).

Since you have a problem with Paralysis, and you lack a Revenge Killer, it would seem logical to go Dugtrio > Gengar. Since I am going to suggest a non-suicidal SR setter quite soon, you do not have to worry about spinblocking as much as you did before. Dugtrio can also trap pokemon, so you can take it and take something like Swords Dance Terrakion out. However, do not be too Reckless with Dugtrio, as it is frail.

And now, you do not have a method of tackling Sun teams, and you need Stealth Rock, it is only logical that you go Heatran. I suggest it in the place of Alakazam, as Heatran only cares about Spikes, which Starmie can cover. Heatran's Flash Fire allows it to check threats like Ninetales, Volcarona, and the occasional Victini. It can also set up those Stealth Rocks for you.

On Cloyster, I would change his Nature from Jolly to Hasty Nature, as this gives Cloyster more power on Hydro Pump. You want to kill things, right?

On Scrafty, Shed Skin is the wisest choice as Moxie is basically, "oh come burn me!", even with the Lum Berry. And since there is Drain Punch, Life Orb would be the wisest choice. And no, do not go Outrage, as Scrafty does not get STAB out of it.

Importable (open)

[​IMG]
    Dugtrio @ Life Orb
    Trait: Arena Trap
    EVs: 252 Spd / 4 HP / 252 Atk
    Jolly Nature
    IVs: 0 SAtk
    - Sucker Punch
    - Earthquake
    - Stone Edge
    - Shadow Claw

[​IMG]
    Starmie @ Leftovers
    Trait: Natural Cure
    EVs: 252 Spd / 252 HP / 4 SAtk
    Timid Nature
    - Rapid Spin
    - Recover
    - Thunder Wave
    - Psyshock

[​IMG]
    Heatran @ Air Balloon / Life Orb
    Trait: Flash Fire
    EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
    Timid Nature
    - Fire Blast
    - Earth Power
    - Stealth Rock
    - Hidden Power [Ice]
  3. Delko

Delko
    is a Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Hi and welcome to Smogon.

Can you increase your descriptions a bit though, Scrafty's one is good so make the rest like that too.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)