Best of the Best Round 2

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
PSA: If a subref is required, the subref will get FULL UC. This is to encourage ref timeliness.

Y'all be fiting for a Mewtwo

Bring 5, Pick 3 Singles. You will submit a team of 5 Pokemon that will be locked in at the start of the tournament. For each match, you will PM your referee your team of 3 Pokemon and will not have access to the other 2 after the match has begun.
ASB Arena. Naturally.
Strict 3 day Disqualification. I absolutely will not tolerate any johns (cough*leethoof*cough). You will get a single warning per round. After that, you go over DQ and you're done. Referees please tag the combatants when you have finished your reffing. Players, if you know you're going to be away you better make it crystal clear to me and the other parties that you will need an extended DQ time.
2 Substitutions.
Turn Order: Coin Flip
8 Recoveries, 20 Chills
All Abilities
All Items
Switch=OK
Mega Clause: 1

PM your selection of three Pokemon to your referee immediately. I expect all battles to be up within 2 days.

[Matchas]

Its_A_Random vs. Rediamond
ref: akela

Texas Cloverleaf vs. Pwnemon
ref: deadfox081

Birkal vs. deadfox081
ref: Gerard

Engineer Pikachu vs. Dogfish44
ref: Matezoide

Refs please post itc confirming you can still ref

Post results itc ASAP

Remember, strict 3 day dq, single warning

Also feel free to post predictions and/or host a predictions tourney!

small PSA, to those fearmongering that I'm rigging the matchups:
a) If you don't think I think I can beat each and every one of these users, you don't know me very well
b) Pwnemon is the checkpoint, you can verify the authenticity with him
c) Suck a dick
d) You need to have integrity to run a tour you're in, if I didn't have it I wouldn't have joined

Happy trails~

I can ref anything that I am needed to ref for.

Predictions:

Texas Cloverleaf vs. Pwnemon
-Mostly expect Texas to DQ Pwnemon due to Pwnemon's current irl distractions.

Birkal versus Deadfox081
-HAX

Engineer Pikachu versus Dogfish44
-No one wins in this battle of john versus welsh internet

IAR vs Red

Both are great battlers, but i do feel IAR is better and he has a better team, as well as boasting bigger movepools

Texas vs Pwnemon

Close one, but my gut tells me Pwnemon will win again....just like it did on Emma..../me cries for thinking he betted on Pwne

Birkal vs Deadfox

Deadfox is good, but he never made me ''omfg he is so great'' to the extent most of the people in this tournament did. He also seems prone for choking at the worst moments (I legitimately think Rickheg would have won that match if he hadnt forfeited, due to that sub abuse). Furthermore, Birkal has proven to be competent and actually defeated Deadfox before. I dont see why he couldnt do it again.

Good luck, everyone~

Its_A_Random v Rediamond
I have a skills, movepool, and matchup disadvantage. This is just asking for a sports movie style upset.

Texas Cloverleaf v Pwnemon
I'm sorry, Pwn, but there is only one sports movie upset allowed per round.

Birkal v deadfox081
Protean too strongth

Engineer Pikachu v dogfish44
dogfish has been playing more in the recent past. And at least one unstoppable titan has to make it through to be next round's sports movie finalist/semifinalist opponent.

Predictions:
Its_A_Random vs. Rediamond: Disadvantages everywhere for Red. Sports movie upsets don't happen that much in ASB either. Only when the person getting the upset is facing dogfish, in which case they get 50000 crits.
Texas Cloverleaf vs. Pwnemon: Pwnemon wins matches. Also Pyroak is obviously going to pull weight against Charizard X, Cyclohm, and Dragonite.
Birkal versus Deadfox081: Birkal doesn't really need a choke, although he's probably gonna get one. Also Kecleon.
Engineer Pikachu versus Dogfish44: Archeops used Rock Slide! It missed!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)