Better Call Saul

Steiner

Banned deucer.
Thread for all fans to discuss Vince Gilligan's new Breaking Bad spin off. What did you guys think of the pilot?

I'm kinda curious, as someone who never watched Breaking Bad (but is interested and will eventually get around to watching it), does this pseudo prequel spinoff really require a deep knowledge of Breaking Bad (meaning I should watch it first), or it is new viewer friendly enough to pick it up from the get-go?

Kinneas

puffoon
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I'm kinda curious, as someone who never watched Breaking Bad (but is interested and will eventually get around to watching it), does this pseudo prequel spinoff really require a deep knowledge of Breaking Bad (meaning I should watch it first), or it is new viewer friendly enough to pick it up from the get-go?
You don't need to watch Breaking Bad first. Some characters from the series other than Saul pop up, and that's the only real connection so far.

First episode was slow but things are starting to pick up now. I'm enjoying it.

Pretty sure it's meant to be watched after Breaking Bad. There are quite a few minor (and more than minor) appearances from fan-favorites. Also you should watch Breaking Bad just because it's already over and it's arguably the best TV experience available.

I was severely bored after watching most of the first episode (think i left out like 10 minutes). So far i've gathered that the show is really focused on showing us how saul develops as a character... But it's kinda slow and I'm not really into that. Is the second episode any better? Will there be action involved or is it just a regular old drama? when I say action I mean breaking bad action, not a Rambo movie kind of action. Also were the last ten minutes important or skip-able?

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
But it's kinda slow... Will there be action involved or is it just a regular old drama? when I say action I mean breaking bad action

Not sure what kind of show you think Breaking Bad was...

Yes last ten minutes are very important, yes the second episode has "breaking bad action".

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)