Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 Hp, 236 Def, 20 Spe
Nature: Impish
- Sword Dance
- Taunt
- Facade
- Earthquake

This pokemon is in my team because of its immunity to electric and ground attacks. This pokemon also has great bulk and def, allowing it to set up and sweep. This pokemon also stops stalls with taunt causing my foe to switch out and allowing me another turn to set up. Facade provides neutral coverage with a whooping 140bp while earthquake takes care of those fire/steel/electric types that usually carries fighting type moves/etc which is harmful for the other pokemon on this team.

Heatran @ Balloon
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SAtk, 252 Spd
Nature: Timid
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power Ice
- Stealth Rock

This pokemon is on my team mostly because of its power. It resist moves that gives my team trouble while putting up some high numbers in term of damage. Fire blast usally 1-2ko anything that doesn't resist it. Earth power kills off those other steel/fire/electric types that may or may not pose a threat. Hidden power Ice can kill off those pesky dragons and ground/flying types. Stealth rock completes my hazard setup.

Skarmory @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 Hp, 252 Spd, 4 Spe
Nature: Careful
- Spikes
- Roost
- Brave Bird
- Whirlwind

This pokemon is in my team because it breaks setups and baton pass teams.
Its bulky, it resist many attacks, so it can safely use whirlwind to break those stall/set up/baton pass pokemon and lay a layer of spikes so they wont ever think of coming back. Spikes + whirlwind combo will cause damage to my opponent pokemon leaving them in range of my brave bird to 1HKO. Roost recovers the laughable damage I may receive. Another reason I have this pokemon on my team is to faint off those annoying fighting types and has amazing synergy with my Gliscor and Heatran.

Reuniclus @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP, 4 Def, 252 SAtk
Nature: Quiet
- Trick Room
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast

The reason I have this pokemon on my team is because it is one of the BEST Pokemon in the metagame right now. It absolutely manhandles pokemon not resist to its moves and is hard to take down in general. Trick room allows this pokemon and my other slow pokemon to outspeed any fast pokemon my opponent may have. Psychic+Shadow Ball+Focus Blast is the basic coverage.

Vaporeon @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP, 252 Def, 4 Spd
Nature: Bold
- Wish
- Protect
- Boil Over
- Hidden Power Electric

This pokemon is bulky and is immune to water type attacks which is why I choose it to be a part of my team. Wish is here to heal itself and other pokemon of my team, protect to scout and for safe heal. Boil over for burn and water stab. Hidden Power Electric to faint other water types.

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP, 16 Def, 240 Spd
Nature: Sassy
- Leech Seed
- Gyro Ball
- Spikes
- Power Whip

Only reason this pokemon is on my team is because i needed a grass or electric type to handle water pokemon better. Man o man is Ferrothorn is doing his job. Leech Seed for heals, great against baton pass/stall teams. Gyro Ball handles fast pokemon while power whip handles water types. Spikes is for setting up hazards when my skarmory cant.

Just saying, Baton Pass teams are pretty rare in competitive play. Also, any self respecting baton pass team uses ingrain to avoid being phazed.

Lemonade

WOOPAGGING
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
From my experience having two stealth rockers is better than having two spikers. Late game your pokes are going to be weakened. After a rapid spin, I don't usually have enough time to set up even two layers of spikes. However, SR only takes one turn, and works just as well after your hazards are spun away. Therefore, i suggest SR instead kf spikes on nattorei. Nattorei because it is generally more durable and can psuedo block, because apparently by new mechanics hazards aren't spun away if the user fainter. Nattorei has iron barbs last turn damage.

That being said, spinners in my experience are still pretty rare
Good luck on your team :)

Hey I got your message, cool team! The fwg core reminds me of a gen 4 team, which isn't necessarily bad, but it does mean that you will be weak against things that break this core. Thankfully, Doryuuzu and Landolos don't stand out as threats thanks to Gliscor and Skarmory, but there are two majorly popular threats that will do you in- Virizion and Rankurusu. SD Virizion (or CM Virizion, but less so) is a real headache. The only thing that stops him is maybe Gliscor, but because you aren't running Acrobat you can't do much. Rankurusu is less troublesome but more common- having recently been controversial as a suspect, he has gotten a lot of attention. Standard Cm is a pain but TR is even more so, despite being less common.

Fortunately an excellent solution is evident, but first, who to replace? I think Skarmory is really redundant with the rest of the team- Ferrothorn sets up Spikes, Gliscor handles sandstorm teams and you have 3 steel types. Why not try the following set?

@ Leftovers
252 HP / 252 Spe / 4 Def
Timid
-Calm Mind
-Dragon Pulse
-Recover
-Roar

This set is really awesome nowadays! First and foremost, this is the best Rankurusu counter in existance, setting up on his sorry ass and then phazing him away when you're done, probably comfortably around +6. Nobody is going to let you get that high, but you get the idea. He handles other CMers similarly, like Birijion. The other important thing he does is for your synergy- steel-dragon was very popular last generation, and for good reason. latias makes excellent glue for f/w/g/electric type attackers of all sorts, especially on the special side (although not many hit on the physical side!) Voltolos is rather pressing as well so she handles him too! Every once in a while you might sweep a more balanced or stallish team but I wouldn't count on it, although it's power can be surprising after a couple of CMs.

That's all the advice I got, sorry if the rate seems kind of random in structure, I've been listening to a really trippy album and talking with people while writing this on and off over the space of half an hour so yeah. GL, hope this helps.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)