Other Metagames {BH} Megamence Hit Squad

Hi all,

I haven't posted many teams although I make them quite a bit. But I have to say, I have had quite a bit of fun with this team. I began this team by trying to find the best unburden user available - someone who could shell smash, use the white herb, get the unburden boost, and then get the acrobatics boost as well for losing the item --- and no pokemon like that exists, so I started my first BH team and chose Megamence as the start. But I had to watch a couple dozen games to see what scary things I had to deal with. And I started building.

So, here is the team:

Megamence (Zephyr) @ White Herb
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naughty by Nature
-Acrobatics
-Spacial Rend
-Close Combat
-Shell Smash

When starting this process, this slot was going to be Archeops, but when I learned you could use a mega, I went with Megamence anyway. Megamence is great for the fact that most people assume he'll be Aerilate, but I made him Unburden because it's an ability that can be very useful for a sweeper like Salamence. He has enough bulk to survive getting the shall smash off most of the time (although I prefer a sleeping enemy) - so he grabs all the buffs, loses the def and spd drops when the white herb pops, and losing the item simultaneously makes Acrobatics a base 110 with no drawbacks AND doubles Megamences speed due to the Unburden activating. I picked Spacial Rend to make use of the SpA increase from Shell Smash without sacrificing the buff (Draco Meteor). I also picked Close COmbat to deal with Ice, Dark, Rock, and Steel types and I don't care much about the def and spd drops once shell smash has occurred. Also, if I am desperate, I can use Close Combat and grabs the Acrobatics and Unburden benefits and shell smash later if I have to. He ends up finishing matches about 50% of the time.

Megengar (Fear) @ Life Orb
Ability: Normalize
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
-Shadow Ball
-Skill Swap
-Stealth Rock
-Sludge Bomb

When I started watching BH battles, I saw how deadly Normalize Mega Gengar can be. His off the chart speed makes it so that almost any attack can be skill swapped out giving me the advantage and letting me get off rocks immediately. I only really fear Mega Mewtwo as a starter, because anything I'm not faster than usually doesn't kill. Once the skill swap and rocks are all done, I can switch out or proceed to Life Orb boosted Shadow Ball or Sludge Bomb anything that wants to try and deal with Megengar's ridiculous SpA.

Reshiram (Blaze) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk/ 252 SpA
Serious Nature
-Overheat
-Draco Meteor
-Close Combat
-Leaf Storm

Serious nature? Yeah, I don't want to lose any stats on this guy. Nothing can be lowered! His role is pretty obvious. Overheat and Draco Meteor make use of Reshiram's unique STAB choices and both raise SpA thanks to contrary. Close Combat is mostly used to grab the DEF and SPD boosts and is also a good choice against Dark types. Leaf Storm takes care of the rock and Ground types that might want to try and scare me while still raising SpA. Reshiram is great when the opponent is asleep and you can just click any moe you want and grab boosts. He is fairly easily revenge killed afterwards, but he does his job well.

Mega Diancie (Princess) Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Rash Nature
-Diamond Storm/ King's Shield
-Moonblast/ King's Shield
-Recover
-Will-O-Wisp

I made this Diancie as a special Shedinja killer. She comes in and sets up the sand. Maybe she takes an endeavor in the process, but you get rid of the Shedinja, get some leftovers recovery, and can hopefully recover on the next turn. Her other main role is to burn things I don't like. People expect the Fakeout/Espeed Pixilate version, so I can get a surprise turn or two in with this set. Diamond Storm and Moonblast work well together by either raising Diancie's defense or lowering the opponents SpD which works great against Mega Ray especially. Sand Stream has another use in that because Diancie is part Rock type, Diancie gets the SpD boost from it. I love pulling her out when Shedinja is on the opposite team.

Megadactyl (Hunter) sky Plate
Ability: Aerilate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD/ 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
-Head Charge
-E. Speed
-Head Smash
-Sacred Fire

Megadactyl is a monster. He is way faster and way stronger than anything you will find. He is my main answer to Mega Rayquaza who hates getting hit by Head Smash (which almost always kills) and I can follow it up with a faster E.Speed. If Diancie's Sand Stream is still active, Megadactyl gets the SpD boost as well. Head Charge with Aerilate added gets a 187 base power and E.Speed gets like 102(?).
Sacred Fire is for Steel Types because I hate being ineffective. It's also nice to get the extra burn on some opponents.

Cresselia (Mystic) Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
-Psycho Shift
-Haze
-Rapid Spin
-Spore

Last but not least, my bulk baby Cresselia. Cresselia's natural bulk is amazing and she cannot be statused due to the toxic orb. Psycho shift gives the opponent toxic which works nicely. Haze obviously is used for when someone is trying to set up. Cresselia can almost always come in on a boosted attack and Haze away the boosts, then heal up with poison heal. Rapid Spin is her only attacking move, and while it only does about 4 damage to anyone, it gets rid of any hazards and helps with the chip damage after she psycho shifts toxic over. Spore is her best asset. She puts anything to sleep and the we switch to salamence or reshiram and start the sweeping process.

The team has imperfections, but I have had my best run with any team I have ever had before.

THREAT LIST:

Mega Diancie (Pixilate Fake Out/ Boomburst/ Hyper Voice/ E Speed version) - I have two dragons on my team and no one appreciates the shire power that this build gives out. If Gengar is still alive, he might be able to handle it, or I can try and put her to sleep.

Mega Mewtwo Y - If I see Mega Mewtwo Y, I start with Cresselia and hope it doesn't have any sleep counter. I have lost Gengar to Psytrike more times than I can count. If I can put it to sleep, then this works out, but it's still not ideal. Aerodactyl kills it pretty easily too.

Let me know what you guys think!

Last edited:
I'll edit this post later to give you a rate. ^_^

e: It's later.

Ok, so first of all: I notice you're new. With this in mind, I'm going to be changing a lot of your team and explaining why I have changed what I have changed. The reason why: You are not using very viable Pokemon & the viable Pokemon you are using, are not using very viable sets.

Ok, lets start then shall we?

1 Pokemon Changes

1.1 Change M-Salamence to Unburden Ho-oh
Reasoning: Ho-oh is a better unburden user due to the fact that its neutral to two -ates (Aerialate, Refrigerate), resists the other (Pixilate), and is immune to burn. It can also set up versus many more things that what M-Salamence can due to its great typing.
1.2 Change Diancie to Refrigerate M-Mewtwo-X
Reasoning: For Ho-oh to work correctly as an unburden sweeper, 5 things need to happen. 1: Shedinja needs to be gotten rid of (Mewtwo-X doesn't accomplish this, but I will explain this later); 2: M-Rayqauza needs to be lured in and taken care of ; 3: Kyurem-B needs to be taken care of ; 4: Bulky flash fire Steels need to be somewhat eliminated; 5: Unaware pokemon need to be killed. Refrigerate Mewtwo accomplishes 3/5 of those points (2/5 where the flash fire user is Aegislash). It fufills the specific role I have in mind for your team better than Diancie and that is why I replaced Diancie for Mewtwo-X. M-Mewtwo-X is reliably checked by Aegislash (1.3).
1.3 Change Reshiram for Flash Fire Aegislash
Reasoning: With the change from M-Salamence to Ho-OH, we need a reliable check to Ho-oh if it becomes impostered. We also need a reliable check to many of the -ate users in the tier and our own impostered Gengar-M (I will explain why we need this later when I explain the set change). Imposterproofing your own threats is a vital part of Balanced hackmons. Your team does not currently imposter proof any of your own threats and therefore it could be problematic for you as you get higher up on the ladder. The reason why I took Reshiram out, is because it doesn't fit into the team I have in mind for you and the set you are using is really not all that viable - nor does it synergize with anything on your team currently or post change. FF Aegislash is therefore a better fit.
1.4 Change Cresselia to Unaware M-Audino

Reasoning: Cresselia is alright when used with the correct set, which is usually Unaware. However, Cresselia doesn't do that much for your team currently or your post-change team which I am currently suggesting. With this in mind, I would suggest changing Cresselia to M-Audino. M-Audino checks a variety of things in the tier, but chiefly checks M-Gengar (specifically spooky plate variants). It also serves as a reliable pivot versus many set-up sweepers and special attackers in the tier owing to its good natural bulk and typing. It synergizes well with FF Aegislash and provides good support to the rest of the team by taking care of opposing Pokemon which can threaten your own sweepers / threats.
1.5 Change M-Aerodactyl to Fur Coat Giratina

Reasoning: M-Aerodactyl doesn't have a place on the team now that I have added Refrigerate M-Mewtwo-X. M-Aerodactyl in general is also outclassed greatly by M-Rayquaza and the only reason for using M-Aerodactyl should be as a mold breaker lead. Anyhow, the reason why I am suggesting Fur Coat Giratina is becuasse it fills out the core be currently have with FF Aegislash and Unaware Audino. It handles problematic Pokemon such as Shift gear Groudon-P and a multitude of other physical set up sweepers (namely Garchomp-M lacking dragon stab [which is common]). It also helps defog hazards away and together with M-Audino serves as the teams means of handling opposing set-up sweepers on the enemy side of the field.

2 Set changes to existing non-changed Pokemon

So now that most of the Pokemon in your team have been altered for their more competitive and reasonably better versions, I will endeavor to fix some of your existing sets on your remaining Pokemon.

2.1 Change M-gengar from Normalize to Spooky Plate Mold breaker M-Gengar
Reasoning: Previously you had sand Stream on M-Diancie to handle Shedinja, which was all well and proper - but your M-gengar set was distinctly lacking in what it could be capable of. Because I have removed M-Diancie you lack a way to handle Shedinja reliably. M-Gengar therefore ties into point 1 I mentioned in 1.2, ie; Getting rid of Shedinja. Since Shedinja hard walls Unburden Ho-oh, getting rid of it reliably is a very pertinent objective of this team. That is why I suggest mold breaker M-Gengar with PURSUIT. M-Gengar can reliably switch into any coverage move that Shedinja usually carries (they will usually endeavor) and you can then trap and kill it with Pursuit as mold breaker ignores sturdy. The updated set I am suggesting as well is good as if you become impostered, the imposter cannot touch your M-Gengar as Judgment is normal type if they do not have a spooky plate. Therefore; you can breeze through the enemy team with M-Gengar as mold breaker is great versus many of the walls in the tier too (it ignores Unaware, fur coat, etc, etc). M-Gengar helps you effect a sweep with your Ho-oh more reliably in conjucntion with M-Mewtwo-x. It is also reliably checked by M-Audino & Aegislash should it be impostered & they somehow kill off M-Gengar.

--------------------------

1.1 Unburden Ho-oh.

I mentioned the merits of Unburden ho-oh over M-Salamence previously and will thus not mention them again. However, the following needs to be kept in mind when using this set:
1 Ensure that Shedinja has been killed.
2 Ensure their -ate users are weakened or have been taken care of
3 Ensure their steel type is not a Flash Fire variant
4 Ensure that their Unaware / Fur coat Pokemon has been taken care of

To accomplish the above points:
1 Mold Breaker M-Gengar can reliably take care of Shedinja
2 M-Mewtwo-X can accomplish this
3 You can scout for this with your own Aegislash and take care of them with M-Mewtwo-X and M-gengar
4 M-Gengar dispatches these with ease

Always keep these points in mind when using Ho-oh. And while ho-oh does in fact imposter proof itself through the nature of unburden + diamonds storm against the imposter - if you somehow lose your ho-oh in a battle versus an imposterd Ho-oh - Giratina & Aegislash (chiefly Aegislash) can reliably check the impostered version.

Now, lets look at the set:
Ho-Oh @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Acrobatics
- Sacred Fire
- Diamond Storm
- Belly Drum

The HP evs accomplish an even number to ensure that you proc sitrus berry after a belly drum. Belly drum is much better than shell smash as it will ensure a sweep more reliably due to the high attack boost. Acrobatics will get boosted after the sitrus berry procs allowing a strong flying stab with no drawback. Sacred fire makes quick work of non-flash fire steels, and diamond storm is chiefly there so that you can kill the impostered ho-oh.

This ho-oh will usually be your teams win-condition so always keep the points I mentioned previously in mind before you mindlessly belly drum. Save Ho-oh for the late game or use it where you know you can effect a sweep.

1.2 Refrigerate Mewtwo-X
Refrigerate Mewtwo-X can usually lure in and take care of opposing -ate users. It can also deal a lot of damage to steal types not named Aegislash. It helps this team by ensure that ho-oh can sweep easier as well as being a good revenge killer due to its high attack stat and stellar speed stat.

Lets take a look at the set:
Mewtwo-Mega-X @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Refrigerate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Close Combat
- Boomburst
- King's Shield

The set is mostly standard for M-Mewtwo-X (the refrigerate variant). Extreme speed is there to abuse refrigerate at +2 priority. Close combat is there to take care of normal types and steel types, as well as any other bulky Pokemon and to just hit things hard in general. It is chosen over something like high jump kick as it is more reliable. Boomburst is there to hit phsically defensive Giratina harder and to hit Pokemon through their substitutes. Safety goggles is there so that you cannot be spored.

When using this pokemon versus opposing -ate users, always keep the following in mind:
1 ALWAYS kings shield first. This is to ensure that they go to -2 attack and that you can kill them with an extreme speed reliably.

That's all. Keep in mind that you do outspeed M-Raqyquaza, however Extreme speed does not outspeed fake out in terms of priority, thats why I suggest always king's shielding first versus opposing -ate users.

M-Mewtwo-X is checked by Aegislash on this team.

1.3 Flash Fire Aegislash

Flash fire Aegislash is a reliable pivot in this metagame. It can reliably come into -ate users that have fire as their coverage move and can mostly reliably check contrary users that rely on draco / leaf storm / overheat or v-create / super power to boost themselves.

Do not play recklessly with Aegislash as it is an important check to a lot things. If you should lose Aegislash, you will have a tougher time winning. It is always important in balanced hackmons to have a bulky steel type on your team. Steel types are the best checks to a majority of things in the metagame and if you wish to climb the ladder higher than what you are now and either just teambuild in the future, always include a steel type.

Anyhow, lets take a look at the set:
Aegislash @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 16 Def / 244 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Will-O-Wisp
- Roost

The set is specially defensive to better handle -ate boosted boomburst's and other special coverage moves it may want to switch into. Knock off is good to get rid of key items, ie; Safety goggles, scarves, toxic orb's, spooky plates, etc. U-Turn is to ensure momentum against opposing steel types who may want to switch in versus you and to ensure you are not trapped by trappers such as Slowbro-M. Will-o-wisp allows you to burn physical attackers or give you a means of passive damage versus bulky walls. Aegislash does not mind will-o-wisp being bounced back as it is immune to fire. Safety goggles prevents Aegislash from being Spored. Minimum speed and a minus speed nature ensures slow pivoting. Roost lets you recover HP.

Aegislash is a good check to -Ate pokemon, your own Ho-oh, your own M-Mewtwo-X and most physcial special attackers. Once again I have to reiterate: Do not sack your Aegislash for no reason as it is an important pivot for this team. One thing to keep in mind is that this Aegislash is set up fodder for PH-Garchomp & Gale wings Rayquaza - however these are handled by Giratina & M-Audino respectively.

1.5 Unaware Audino

Unaware Audino can check a variety of special set-up sweepers in the tier, but I exclusively added it to deal with M-Gengar (with no sludge-wave) and perhaps M-Mewtwo-Y. It can also reliably deal with any variant of contrary abuse (besides physcial variants). It has a great typing in fairy/normal which ensures it takes many things neutrally.

Lets look at the set:
Audino-Mega @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 48 Def / 208 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Moonblast
- Topsy-Turvy
- Encore / Spikes
- Roost

This is mostly standard for M-audino. Moonblast is good stab and ensures you are not taunt bait. Topsy turvy lets you get rid of their boosts. Encore lets you keep them in boost mode or allows you to PP stall them. Roost is for recover. Safety goggles prevents you being spored. The ev spread maximizes your special bulk while giving some physcial bulk. Spikes can be chosen over encore to give you a secondary way of dealing with Shedinja as well as bothering walls.

Do not play around with M-Audino and sack it whenever. It is an integral part of this team for checking special attackers and special sweepers. It checks our own M-Gengar on this team and can check Ho-oh in a pinch.

1.5 Fur coat Giratina

Fur coat Giratina is a reliable check to physical attackers in BH that are not ice, or fairy type. Most dragon types in BH do not usually carry dragon stab (with the exceptions of Lati's-M & contrary abusers), so you can reliably switch Giratina into them most of the time. However, the main reason I am suggesting fur coat Giratina is so that you can reliably check shift gear & download Primal-Groudon which are huge threats in BH. It also allows you to check PH-M-Garchomp which can use FF Aegislash as set-up fodder. You should not use this Giratina as an -ate check as it is eaten up by special boomburst coverage.

Lets look at the set:
Giratina @ Griseous Orb
Ability: Fur Coat
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Metal Burst / Dragon tail
- U-turn
- Defog
- Roost

Metal burst is a good way to deal damage to opposing set up sweepers once they hit you. U-turn lets you gain momentum and defog lets you take care of hazards. Roost lets you recover HP. Griseous orb is there to prevent your wall being tricked a scarf etc. This does however make Giratina weaker to spore, but you have 2 checks to spore already, so its not a very big deal. Minimum speed & a minus speed nature ensures that metal burst can be used reliably and that you get slow u-turns. Another option over Metal burst can be dragon tail.

2.1 Mold breaker M-Gengar

I've mostly mentioned what this does and will therefore just post the set and tell you to play carefully with it to ensure it does not die early before Sehdinja is taken care of.

Set:
Gengar-Mega @ Spooky Plate
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Judgment
- Secret Sword
- Tail Glow
- Pursuit

---------------------------------

Threats taken care of:
Pixilate M-Diance (except if they carry Precipice blades)
M-Mewtwo-Y.

New Threat:
PH-M-Tyranitar can be problematic if it has the correct support.

I would type more and explain many more things, but frankly I'm quite tired of typing this wall of text. I hope I helped you out though and I hope I've given you a bit more of an insight into how BH works and what a competitive team in BH should look like to do well on the ladder. If you have any questions don't hesitate to reply to this post and I'll answer ya'.

I'm also sorry that it took this long for someone to rate your post, we're really very nice over here and I hope it won't have an effect on how you view the community at all. Anyhow, bai. :heart:

Last edited:
Sorry for the wall of text. q__q
e: I also didn't proofread it... So let me know if there are any major mistakes.

My goodness - you change one thing and the whole stack comes crumbling down. haha.

I do like your idea for Unburden Ho-Oh and I will create a secondary team with all these suggestions and try it out -- see how these ideas work. I think everything you said is smart and I didn't see any notable spelling or grammar errors. I will try this out. That was beautiful.

My goodness - you change one thing and the whole stack comes crumbling down. haha.

I do like your idea for Unburden Ho-Oh and I will create a secondary team with all these suggestions and try it out -- see how these ideas work. I think everything you said is smart and I didn't see any notable spelling or grammar errors. I will try this out. That was beautiful.
You're welcome! Glad I could help you out. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)