Other Metagames BH - No EV Limits? Who CARES

Worst cancer to deal with in BH?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RNGIsFatal

Banned deucer.
upload_2017-3-16_13-52-18.png

Guess this is gonna be a long way to climb up.

Welcome to my second RMT for BH!

My first BH RMT LINK

I had a thought that I need to get used to new meta after EV limitations are gone. Things I noticed were:

* APS is notably weaker: such as, MMY needs Earth Power to OHKO Primal Groudon at +2, and Mega Gengar can no longer OHKO Mega Rayquaza with +2 Moongeist Beam.
* Poison Heal users are significantly more powerful with extra EV's in defensive stats.
* Imposter-proofing is more important, since they now also copy extra EV's and multiply them by 1.5 with Eviolite. (most Imposters are Chansey, if you didn't know already)
* Innards Out is now more exploitable, and now teambuilding forces everyone to think twice before giving 252 EV on attack on things like Registeel or Mega Audino.
* Giratina and Zygarde-C is now the best mixed wall in the metagame. Diancie always carries giant middle finger against them
* RNG became more cancerous after the server restart as it always was

But I am a reclusive nub who insists on Anti-Meta so... here we go.

Team Building process:
You asked for it.

PH Slaking became a staple for my team after EV limits are gone. It has very low risk, and fits on any of my teams regardless of archetype. It usually ends up doing more damage than Xerneas and Groudon, believe it or not.

Now I needed a way to get past Fur Coat walls, most prominently Giratina and Zygarde-C. With formidable bulk that is improved by EVs in all stats, this Fairy now became my favorite.

(Couldn't find this goddamn icon for Primal Groudon. Can somebody get one for me?)
Steel types started causing trouble so I added this guy.

Time to start improofing! Unaware Ferrothorn walls all three of my offense cores, since Pdon has no Fire type moves for Imposter to use! Yay!

Now I wanted to deal with hassles from walls or supports from the other team so I added Magic Bounce support.

Couldn't really decide anything to deal with other -ate Boomburst, Sturdinja, and opposing Pdon, so I stapled this Innards Out bomb to my team (last but least)

Team Preview:

What kind of team is this?

As you can clearly see the first three members are offensive core, while the rest three are supports.
Now this meta requires significantly stronger wallbreaking, I chose Slaking with 160 Atk stat, Xerneas with 131 Sp Atk (quite low but can set up with its bulk), and Primal Groudon whose power is self-explanatory.
The last three, in order, are improofing support, Magic Bouncer, and a North Korean hydrogen bomb.

Set Details (GIF Gallery):

Old Meme (Slaking) (M) @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Facade
- Knock Off
- Spore
- Shift Gear

It is our old friend Harambe!
The reason why I chose this guy over Regigigas is that it has significantly more HP, meaning that it will take hits better in general thanks to the fact that we can now give EVs in all stats.
As shown in GIF above, it is very bulky:

252 Atk Choice Band Rayquaza Dragon Ascent vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Slaking: 258-304 (51.1 - 60.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 Atk Choice Band Rayquaza Dragon Ascent vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Regigigas: 241-285 (56.8 - 67.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

There is a difference. The reason why taking physical hits are more relevant than special hits is because Slaking will boost its speed to begin sweeping, meaning only priority attacks will go first in most occasions, and they are mostly physical. Who even uses Vacuum Wave anyway?

Slaking usually wrecks havoc in the opposing team until they use Core Enforcer, take out Innards Out, or bring a mutual counter, when once it gets a chance to set up, and this is possible thanks to its immunity to Spectral Thief.

Horny AF (Xerneas) @ Earth Plate
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Boomburst
- Judgment
- Milk Drink
- Tail Glow

Set credit goes to motherlove.

I previously had Kyurem-W in my team, but now it can't KO anything without Choice Specs and will be hit by Core Enforcer or other stuff, so I decided to choose something different.

Tail Glow with Earth Plate Judgment sounded delicious, but Kyurem-W's typing and general bulk made it really hard to set up. so I thought about Diancie, but it is also frail even after removal of EV limitations, thanks to its abysmal HP stat of 50.

So I was looking for Fairy that can dispatch Giratina and Zygarde-C, and I found motherlove's set. Xerneas' solid typing and formidable bulk lets it set up (although Spectral Thief is something to watch out for) and 131 SpA is mediated by Tail Glow's apocalyptic boost.

Earth Plate was chosen over Flame Plate because it helps Xerneas cover its 2 weakness called Steel and Poison, while purging through rare Flash Fire Steel types.

Scary Black Guy (Groudon-Primal) @ Fire Memory
Ability: Simple
Shiny: Yes
Jolly / Adamant Nature
- Multi-Attack
- Thousand Arrows
- Icicle Crash
- Shift Gear / Swords Dance

IMO Primal Groudon is now mandatory in any teams regardless of their archetype. EV spreads in all stats make this thing an absolute tank and monster that can take any unboosted hit that is not SE. (even Ground type attacks won't kill unless Choice Items are used). I chose this guy as a second wallbreaker.

Simple. Yes, it is the stuff you saw in the low ladder way down there. But now it is mandatory if breaking through walls are necessary. Because

+4 252+ Atk Groudon-Primal Icicle Crash vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Fur Coat Giratina: 248-294 (49.2 - 58.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

actually happens.

But I would insist Shift Gear is better in general because one click, and you double Pdon's attack while outspeeding the entire metagame.

Also no V-Create seems to be a pain but defense drops are quite disappointing with Simple, and my Ferrothorn won't be able to wall my own Pdon. Details will be explained afterwards.

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Leech Seed
- Anchor Shot
- Core Enforcer
- Soft-Boiled

Set credit goes to highlighter.

If this thing does not exist in my team, nothing else will improof Xerneas and Primal Groudon. This is why I did not choose regular Fire move on my Pdon.

Not only this thing improofs 2 mon at the same time, it can trap PH Kyogre and melt it down, just like other PH users will be trapped.

My own Xerneas:

252 SpA Pixilate Xerneas Boomburst vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Ferrothorn: 89-105 (25.2 - 29.8%) -- 0% chance to 4HKO after Leftovers recovery

My own Groudon:

252+ Atk Groudon-Primal Thousand Arrows vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Ferrothorn: 135-160 (38.3 - 45.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

252 Atk Groudon-Primal Thousand Arrows vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Ferrothorn: 124-147 (35.2 - 41.7%) -- 80.8% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

252+ Atk Groudon-Primal Icicle Crash vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Ferrothorn: 85-101 (24.1 - 28.6%) -- possible 5HKO after Leftovers recovery

252 Atk Groudon-Primal Icicle Crash vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Ferrothorn: 78-92 (22.1 - 26.1%) -- possible 5HKO after Leftovers recovery

highlighter found this thing's niche in being immune to Spore and Leech Seed while resisting Water type moves and its Steel type giving neutrality to Ice type and resistance to Fairy type.

Core Enforcer automatically kicks out PH Regigigas and Slaking, and is used to get rid of Poison Heal after successfully trapping someone.

Also funny thing, this guy is not that passive:

252 Atk Ferrothorn Anchor Shot vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Audino-Mega: 128-152 (31.2 - 37%) -- 74.2% chance to 3HKO

252 Atk Ferrothorn Anchor Shot vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Xerneas: 170-204 (37.2 - 44.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

252 Atk Ferrothorn Anchor Shot vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Kyurem-Black: 168-198 (37 - 43.6%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

Don't you think this guy also has a niche as a mixed wall after removal of EV limits?

Vanilla Cream Pie (Audino-Mega) @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Magic Bounce
Level: 99
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Spectral Thief
- Rapid Spin
- Heal Order
- U-turn

Why level 99? I want this thing to move last against other Speed-50's.
I will make this short. As I explained in first RMT, this thing's role are:

* Shuts down all Gengar variants that leave home without Sludge Wave (Normalize Gengar will cry and Mold Breaker + Spore Gengar will be frustrated)
* Anti-Lead against Deoxys-S (spams Rapid Spin)
* Giant middle finger to Zygarde-C and Giratina when they try to set hazards or use Core Enforcer

A
I
D
S

Chansey @ Wiki Berry
Ability: Innards Out
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 SpD
Gentle Nature
IVs: 0 Def / 0 Spe
- Whirlwind
- Metal Burst
- U-turn
- Recover

Excellent backup member that can deal with checks to my team. I couldn't find a slot to find a member with Shedinja-check move.

To be truthful... This Chansey is not the official member of the team. I couldn't find a mon that can successfully wall opposing P-don, Sturdinja, -ate Boomburst, and others at the same time. I need suggestions on this slot.

Honorable Mentions:

This guy...

Kyurem-White @ Choice Specs
Ability: Refrigerate
Timid Nature
- Boomburst
- Draco Meteor
- Secret Sword
- Moongeist Beam

... is an alternate wallbreaker in my team. It has better immediate power that is good enough to blow up Giratina or Zygarde-C immediately. Also the first member in my first RMT.

Importable is below:

Importable:

Slaking (M) @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
Jolly Nature
- Facade
- Knock Off
- Spore
- Shift Gear

Xerneas @ Earth Plate
Ability: Pixilate
Timid Nature
- Boomburst
- Judgment
- Milk Drink
- Tail Glow

Groudon-Primal @ Fire Memory
Ability: Simple
Jolly Nature
- Multi-Attack
- Thousand Arrows
- Icicle Crash
- Shift Gear

Ferrothorn (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Leech Seed
- Anchor Shot
- Core Enforcer
- Soft-Boiled

Audino-Mega (F) @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Magic Bounce
Level: 99
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Spectral Thief
- Rapid Spin
- Heal Order
- U-turn

Chansey @ Wiki Berry
Ability: Innards Out
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 SpD
Gentle Nature
IVs: 0 Def / 0 Spe
- Whirlwind
- Metal Burst
- U-turn
- Milk Drink

So that is my second BH RMT. While I appreciate you guys pressing that Like buttom, this time I want some feedbacks and suggestions, especially on the 6th party member.

Thanks for reading, and here goes my giant shoutout!

Shoutouts:

Forgot to make a shoutout on my 150th post so I am doing this right now lol.

Honestly everyone I met was super cool. Essentially no one was being a dick, so I have been having a good time here.

Really happy to know these people, they were kind and helped me adapt to OM community and Smogon Forums (at least to certain degree):

E4 Flint
Quantum Tesseract
Chloe.
Uselesscrab
motherlove - also thank you for Xerneas set.
VoltDarkrai
Laxpras

BH companions and friends:

ShedMiddleFinga
Funbot28
SuperSkylake
ElMustacho
Gen 7 Talonflame
aki0s
Semako
Lcass4919
ScarfWynaut
Silver_Lucario42
The Ruins of Alpha
Rumors

Dad:

Kris
Amoonguss
pizzq

Meme itself:

highlighter - also thank you for Ferrothorn set.
GmU pokeboss9

OM companions and friends:

lost heros
more coming soon

Replay:
This replay was against Quantum Tesseract, one of the top players of BH. Although I had a huge luck factor when Xerneas had 1 turn sleep, but this shows how this team generally works. Thank you to QT for helping me to test this team.

Probably missed a whole bunch of people on this. Sorry in advance and please give me some feedbacks this time. Thank you!

Last edited:
I can't say I have the best feedback for your team, but here are some notes I could think of: (Any calcs I say, I did earlier, but then the webpage crashed when I tried to post, and tbh I'm too lazy to go back and recalc. Just trust me)

Sturdydinja: Ferrothorn and Chansey seem to be your only way to kill it. Unless Ferrothorn gets off a surprise leech seed, it's not killing shedinja, and seeing as it really has no killing power, any ghost type or pokemon with a switching move can switch in on it really freely (they bypass anchor shot). As for Chansey, no shedinja user in their right mind is staying in against a chansey when they see its not imposter. I suppose I might be exagerating the risks of Shed because I use it so much, but just looking at your team where it stands, infestation endeavor (the set I run) tears through this team. I'll sort of sprinkle suggestions to counter this through the rest of the notes

PDon's Ice Move: It feels unnecessary to run this + Simple just for Fur Coat Zygarde-C and Giratina (tho if ur gonna insist I think Speed Boost SD > Simple Shift Gear) when Xerneas 2HKO's both of them unboosted, and OHKO's after Tail Glow (These numbers are based on Max HP and Max Positive Nature SpDef, note Tail Glow guarantees an OHKO even if they run Assault Vest). I feel Groudon could use both the ability slot and moveslot better with this in mind. For abilities I like Speed Boost (plus SD over Shift Gear), Psychic Surge (mostly for Triage MegaRay and Prankster spore, and chosen over Dazzling because Prankster Haze), or Desolate Land (boosts your multi attack but not Imposter's multi-attacks, gives you a way to better deal with Unaware/PHeal Quiver Dance Kyogre, which is currently pretty scary to your team). Moveslot-wise, some stuff I think might be nice is Gunk Shot (Chance to poison shedinja but no risk of an imposter poisoning ferrothorn, smacks Audinos), Fusion Bolt (PrImAl KyOgRe), Spectral Thief (Self explanatory, is good for shell smashing MMY's which I'll talk more about later) or Sunsteel strike (smack shedinja, smack fairies, smack Zygarde and Kyurem, no furcoat, and even though it breaks Unaware, even in the worst case scenario where an imposter hits + 6, ferrothorn stalls it out with leftover healing, leech seed, and softboiled, its sth like 54-60% at +6).

Chansey: Usually its ok to have one Pokemon dedicated to walling a lot of different threats, but it seems like an issue when it can only check 1 thing and then die. I don't play using your team, so idk exactly what devensive check might be nice to have, but off the top of my head I think Shedinja (I like shedinja a lot), Bulky spectral thief Giratina (Ghost typing stops you from being trapped, Giratina has great defensive typing synergy with Audino, spectral thief is güd), Imposter Chansey (Or possibly scarfed Imposter Blissey), basically as it is it seems in my opinion like your team doesn't have a good enough wall on it to justify bringing Innards Out Chansey, which of course your RMT acknowledges.

Anti-Priority Setup: After a shell smash, psystrike MMY 1-shots your whole team under psychic terrain except Ferrothorn, which moongeist beam 2HKO's even after leftovers. Obviously innards out is a thing, but I'm not a big fan of it as the only check to something that threatens your team so much.

Knock Off: Not much of your team wants to catch a Knock off, especially not Xerneas and Groudon. Slaking can probably absorb Knock Offs for the team once its poisoned, but idk, just something I noticed.

Ferrothorn: Does not have a nickname. Why? This severely hurts the viability of your team.

POSITIVE NOTES:

*I love how creatively you improofed your sweepers without decreasing their sweeping potential.

*That Slaking set is amazing, and looks insanely annoying to deal with. I would list reasons but its your set, so I assume you already know why its good.

*Ur lowkey basically my BH hero

*Good memes m8

Aerilate ray seems to be a HUGE threat to this team, as are other -ates to a lesser extent. For example specs ray outspeeds and ohkos every single member of your team when it's modest (excluding chansey). Obviously most aren't modest specs but they'll still be an issue (ie they 2hko your entire team, rather than ohko). At this point I'd either suggest shedinja - but your team has very little support for it so that's probably a bad idea - or soundproof giratina/zygarde. Probably giratina is the better option since it is harder to ohko with random ice coverage so it will help against pdon somewhat, and gives you something to do if they have shedinja, as well as the good synergy with audino mentioned by the above user. Hell if you feel like keeping the aids in that slot, make it perish trap. (Don't though please).
252+ SpA Choice Specs Aerilate Rayquaza-Mega Boomburst vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Slaking: 594-700 (117.8 - 138.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252+ SpA Choice Specs Aerilate Rayquaza-Mega Boomburst vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Xerneas: 462-544 (101.3 - 119.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252+ SpA Choice Specs Aerilate Rayquaza-Mega Boomburst vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Groudon-Primal: 489-576 (121 - 142.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252+ SpA Choice Specs Aerilate Rayquaza-Mega Boomburst vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Ferrothorn: 375-442 (106.5 - 125.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252+ SpA Choice Specs Aerilate Rayquaza-Mega Boomburst vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Audino-Mega: 388-457 (94.6 - 111.4%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO

With LO and rocks up it still gets most of those kills, and you certainly won't want to be switching in regardless of the set.

Oh almost forgot to mention... Looks like a really cool team that makes great use of some less common sets :]

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)