Other Metagames [BH] The Arabian Knights (peaked 15th yikes)

The Arabian Knights

Intro:
Hey everyone, welcome to my very first RMT! I've recently been much more engaged in the Smogon Community and after playing Balanced Hackmons for a very long time, I decided my first RMT would be for one of my favorite Smogon Tiers. This particular team has been working spectacularly for me on the ladder and I thought sharing it with the community that helped me get into the tier itself would be the least I could do. Keep in mind though, this team does have flaws much like any other team so it would mean alot if it was critiqued by the community. Thanks again and lets get into the RMT!

Teambuilding Process:

When I started the teambuild, I decided I wanted to have my first pokemon to be a offensive breaker capable of dealing with both offensive and defensive threats. Psychic Surge Mega Mewtwo Y was of course, an ideal choice with its great offensive stats, amazing speed tier, and powerful STABs.

My next choice was Solgaleo for the sole reason of being able to check my own Mega Mewtwo in the form of imposter. The Regenvest spread also allows Solgaleo to be a blanket check to a large portion of the tier's special attacking threats and can function as a very effective pivot for my team.

While building, I came to the profound and expert realization that changed my entire outlook on Pokemon as a whole. Steel resists Psychic. So for pretty much the most obvious reason ever, I chose Magnet Pull Mega Garchomp as offensive support. I chose it over Primal Groudon for its better speed tier as it can outpace the whole base 90 speed tier rainbow of Pokemon in the tier.

Now this looks like a weird choice. Its a pretty common joke around the OM and BH discord servers that I hate the Primals with a scalding passion. While they think its a joke, I don't play around. Tapu Fini's great defensive stats and spectacular typing allow it to check both Primal forms as well as dodge core enforcers from those that wish to end Fini's toxic addiction.

Next up, I added Fur-Coat Giratina-Altered form as a makeshift check shedinja and a wide variety of Physical attackers (specifically PrImAL GROudoN). On top of this, its yet another pivot which lets me bring in my more important offensive threats.

Last but certainly not least is Imposter Chansey! This thing is tried and true and is one of the best glues that anyone can slap on any type of team with little to no downside. However mine is a little different, and we'll get to that later.

The Team:

From the Lamp (Mewtwo-Mega-Y) @ Mind Plate
Ability: Psychic Surge
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psystrike
- Psycho Boost
- Ice Beam
- U-turn

This is a standard Psychic Surge MMY set with a Mind Plate over life orb or Specs. Mind plate lets me still hit with the strength of a thousand suns but allows me to switch up my moves without losing out on too much damage or recoil. Psystrike is the main STAB move hitting everything that doesn't resist for insane damage and is very spammable late game. Psycho Boost is a huge nuke which can kill even the bulkiest of Pokemon with very little chip required. Ice beam allows me to hit Zygarde-Complete very hard without dropping my SpA as well as hitting Yveltal which is a common switch in. U-turn of course, is a way to pivot into Mega Garchomp whenever a steel switches in because as you have probably noticed, this set is checked heavily by steel types.

Solgaleo @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Doom Desire
- U-turn
- Spectral Thief
- Revelation Dance

This set looks a little strange because it is. The boost from assault vest makes Solgaleo a very bulky Pokemon without being passive in the slightest. Doom Desire can force switches and provide a little push necessary for either Garchomp or Mewtwo to land a kill. A slow u-turn works really well with DD because a offensive threat can be brought in on the turn before DD lands which essentially allows for two attacks to be used the turn before. Spectral thief prevents Solgaleo from being set up fodder and revelation dance can hit unsuspecting Normalize Gengar for big damage, especially with Psychic Terrain up.

Garchomp-Mega @ Choice Band
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Precipice Blades
- Thousand Arrows
- Dragon Hammer
- Sunsteel Strike

Magnet Pull Mega Garchomp helps trap steels and hit them with very powerful STAB Precipice Blades and Thousand Arrows. Dragon Hammer is a great move that gen 7 brought about and lets Mega Chomp nail things like Zygarde-Complete and Giratina. Sun Steel Strike deals big damage to Mega Audino and can kill Sturdninja without a focus sash. Mega Garchomps speed tier is really nice for outpacing the PriMALz which can cause issues to my team if Fini has been sufficiently weakened.

Tapu Fini @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Defog
- Scald
- Shore Up
- Core Enforcer

Speak of the Devil, this Black Princess is highley underrated as it is able to check both Kyogre and Groudon as well as knock off Spam. Defog prodives great support to my team as nothing really likes to get chiped down by rocks and spikes. Tspikes also hurts my team but since Fini doesn't lose anything from switching into them, its an ideal defogger. Scald is scald and is pretty standard. It OHKO's non Desolate Land Primal Groudon a majority of the time. Shore Up in tandem with poison heal gives fini a huge 62% recovery so it keep on keepin on. Finally core enforcer is invaluable so Fini can reliably beat Poison Heal Pokemon (specifically Kyogre) as well the great utility it provides in general.​

Giratina @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Fur Coat
Relaxed Nature
- Core Enforcer
- Strength Sap
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn

Actually speaking of the Devil, Fur Coat Giratina is amazing for my team with its great typing and amazing bulk. Core Enforcer can nullify Magic Bounce on the switch in letting you use a variety of status moves freely. Strength Sap is the recovery of choice as it can heal unreal amounts of health in a single turn as well as dropping the opponents attack one stage, letting Giratina check it further. Stealth Rocks are great for chipping down the opponents team and is almost a necessity these days. Finally U-turn is a great pivoting move as it has no immunities and Giratina forces many switches once its ability is revealed.​

Chansey (F) @ Earth Plate
Ability: Imposter
Impish Nature
- Fake Out
- Whirlwind
- Shore Up
- Final Gambit

Finally we have Chansey which I already talked about in the teambuilding process. The moveset isn't super important as I'm going to transform into the opponent 99% of the time. Fake out is for Illusion users, Whirlwind is for sub users, Shore up is standard for recovery, Final Gambit is a nuke for unsuspecting illusion users that think that setting up is safe. The item is Earth Plate > Eviolite for the sole reason that standard imposter proof Mega Gengar kinda 6-0s my team at +2 or otherwise. Galvanize Shell Smash Groudon is also worth mentioning as no longer being imposter proof with this as well as Magnet Pull Quiver Dance Dialga.​

Replays:

Conclusion:

So yeah thats my whole squad, thanks for making it this far! Special thanks to motherlove and RNGIsCancer for giving me some ideas to base my team off of as well as Pikachuun for helping fix this RMT when it fell apart (lol). Shoutout to the Heatah Fajita room and the IDM gang, thx for pullin thru. Finally a HUGE HUGE thanks to the OM and BH discord rooms and all of their inhabitants for helping me out whenever I felt like a noob

Mewtwo-Mega-Y (F) @ Mind Plate
Ability: Psychic Surge
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psycho Boost
- Psystrike
- Ice Beam
- U-turn

Solgaleo (M) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
Shiny: Yes
Sassy Nature
- Doom Desire
- U-turn
- Spectral Thief
- Revelation Dance

Garchomp-Mega (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Magnet Pull
Jolly Nature
- Precipice Blades
- Thousand Arrows
- Dragon Hammer
- Sunsteel Strike

Tapu Fini (F) @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Defog
- Scald
- Shore Up
- Core Enforcer

Giratina @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Fur Coat
Relaxed Nature
- Core Enforcer
- Strength Sap
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock

Chansey @ Earth Plate
Ability: Imposter
Impish Nature
- Fake Out
- Whirlwind
- Shore Up
- Final Gambit

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)