[Big] Extension Mafia - Night X=7-2

Layell, you're wrong though; the reason your faction got mad and tried to throw was not because they got cheated but because they jumped to mildly irrational conclusions. I feel like a lot of blame this game has been unfairly placed on the hosts for designing a bad game when really it was mostly people doing very suboptimal things, with a few obvious design flaws that shouldn't have been included but let's be real, no game is perfect. I don't like seeing people insult the game or insult the hosts when most of the things that went wrong were the fault of idlers, people not fully trying to win (like irltalking), people not cooperating properly, and all-around bad play from almost every side (I don't know what moi did this game exactly so can't say if he did anything wrong but wolves are a very kingmakery lucker factor anyway, and he was going to win but not independently)

Da Letter El

Officially internet famous
is a Community Leader Alumnus
I dont understand why Layell's faction even got mad, like, there was one dead enemy of the village by day 5. The village can have all the info it wants, but if it doesn't have lynch control or kill power, it can't do much about that information.

Yeti

dark saturday
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
only faction with a right to get mad is the golems coz they can't do basic math

or figure out what everyone else knows about the wolf's kill cycle

So despite knowing nothing about this game let me elaborate

I've been living my life with the assumption that once a village loses lynch control it never gets it back

Because it's ideal mafia play to never give it back to them, and they can always make it so that happens

Multiple factions? Kill eachother only when the worst-case scenario doesn't end up giving the village lynch control

(Prisoners' Dilemma can go fuck itself)

Technically we didn't lose lynch control when we started losing lynches. The problem was that most of the village was inactive, so those theoretical votes we had didn't translate into practical lynch power and the mafias knew that and capitalised on it. Idlers dying barely did anything and there were subs so that was helpful. (and, yea, golems killing the birds)

Biggest problem with the birds was probably not crux getting all of our information, but that a good portion of our faction simply stopped caring about the game and planned on simply ending the game as soon as possible.
Past n7 I played the game almost entirely on my own. The extension n10 was because I died, so nobody submitted actions.

Golems would have had a better chance had they not aimed at us n9. It was not the optimal play, given that they did not win. All the kills the turns prior followed the logic that if we crossfired, village could take back majoirty with those who actually cared and we would all lose.

Also, had aura_guardian not given his sheet to LN (or led the village at all), we would have had almost no info all game.

Golems and moi losing was justice.

Also sorry to my faction (well, penguin) again. I had a personal emergency to take care of and after it was finished I didn't feel like playing anymore.

Sorry for early-game, everyone. It was confusing times, and I've already learned a lot from this.

(Just a note: the sudden change in lynch was because I made the call NOT to trust US's info, which turned out to be correct. I just didn't have a better target...)

Blackhawk11

one on one
I lost interest when I finally stopped believing that I had any chance at evolving :/
No one else believed in me either :(
Glad the village won though and thanks to the remaining players who pulled through!

zorbees

Chwa for no reason!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Just wanted to note that I think the Golems would have won had billymills not decided to dick around and give 4 flutes to moi to complete the azure flute. Arceus was much more suitable for a team to control rather than a wolf (especially with the revive being useless to the wolf), as they can use their protections and other stuff to deal with their issues. I think when the azure flute was completed, the golems had one of, if not both, the bpv and lpv items, and had both bg and sg alive, so they could have made the flute holder pretty damn hard to get rid of.

Just wanted to note that I think the Golems would have won had billymills not decided to dick around and give 4 flutes to moi to complete the azure flute. Arceus was much more suitable for a team to control rather than a wolf (especially with the revive being useless to the wolf), as they can use their protections and other stuff to deal with their issues. I think when the azure flute was completed, the golems had one of, if not both, the bpv and lpv items, and had both bg and sg alive, so they could have made the flute holder pretty damn hard to get rid of.
Only issue is that the mysterion vote would have gone through without the lynch redirect, and billy would have dropped all his flutes. The extra living bird would have also ensured an extra kill on the golems, if not two.

zorbees

Chwa for no reason!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
This was well before that. Presumably at the point billy was being lynched they could have already had the azure flute completed. this means they could have made an eject button if they needed to; they also had the shed shell (lpv) early on. they were really moving their items around a lot so it probably would have been hard to get through them with arceus on their side. Obviously if every of the remaining factions targeted them they wouldn't have won but I think the village (mainly) and birds still would have been targeted some just because ignoring them would be completely foolish.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)