1. Welcome to the Orange Islands! Please remember to read the rules. Come chat with us on our IRC channel and enjoy your stay!
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  3. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

*Big* News for breeding in XY.

Discussion in 'Orange Islands' started by Reikai, Oct 18, 2013.

1. Agonist

Agonist Minutes become hours when you wait, hope and regret
    is a Forum Moderator

No.
  2. SpringRoll

SpringRoll

If the IV Judge mentions all 6 stats, does that mean i have 31 all IVs?
  3. kiddu

kiddu

And says they can't be better? Yees.
  4. lucariojr

lucariojr goodra will hunting
    is a Contributor to Smogon

i've tried this for a while (to get flawless smeargle) but it seems like one cancels out the other. maybe i'm just unlucky though.
  5. Lorangi

Lorangi

Hi guys I'm breeding a modest swift swim horsea I currently have a few 31/31/31/31/x/31 males I'm willing to trade for another with 5 perfect stats but with a SpA of 31 where mine are missing.

Other similar egg groups would also be fine as I have one female with the same stats.

Please let me know if you would like to trade.

My friend number is

0877-0732-0713

Thanks
  6. Gokuzbu

Gokuzbu

Having a flawless Ditto would make things SO much easier. We have to wait until Pokemon Bank for that I guess. The Destiny Knot makes things easier but I still get boxes full of bad eggs.
  7. Hidious

Hidious

It doesn't make you pass down a total of 6 iv's if that's what you mean by "cancel it out." The power items are still useful to use with destiny knot, but only in breeding another line of quad perfect pokemon to go for quint after you already have your quad pokemon with desired nature.

For example, you have a timid abra with 31/x/31/31/31/x. You want one with 31 in speed obviously. Well, an easy way to do that is breed that abra with a ditto with 31 in speed using the power anklet and destiny knot so you can probably get one of the opposite gender with 31 speed and a few more 31 iv's to make chaining one with 31/x/31/31/31/31 quicker.
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2013
  8. SeanAxel

SeanAxel

Okay, not sure why is this happening, but I am still getting 4 IVs (31/x/x/31/31/31 or 31/x/31/31/31/x) for my Froakie. Both parents have IVs of 31/x/31/31/31/x and 31/x/x/31/31/31. Not matter what I can never get to 5. Am I missing something?
  9. MikeDecIsHere

MikeDecIsHere And the haters gonna hate hate hate hate hate.
    is a Battle Server Moderatoris a Smogon Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
    Mentor

No, your luck with the RNG is just pretty bad then haha
    DHR-107 likes this.
  10. SeanAxel

SeanAxel

Welp just got it. :p
    Next off, Azumarill
  11. lethminite

lethminite

I've got two 6/6 inkays breeding, both with suction cups, and it seems like most of the baby's are suction cups too.

Is this just RNG or are the parents effecting the abilities too? (this is getting crazy, i've been at this for HOURS and not got a good contrary one, but 4 perfects and 2 missing spa.atk all cups)
  12. Stellar

Stellar
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Super Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a SPL Winner
    Orange Islands

It is likely that the mother passes on her ability, so it is likely that your offspring will have Suction Cups.
  13. Sprocket

Sprocket P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n

In B2W2 it was changed so that the mom's ability had a much higher chance of being passed down.
  14. SpaceFlare

SpaceFlare

Hello guys.

Haven't posted in here for a few years. But yeah I am making a comeback into Pokemon and am actually already breeding some Pokemon now that everything is easier this gen. (Used to be a 100% simulator player when I used to play)

That said, anyone here who have spare female Togepi/Togetic? I just managed to get a Murkrow with 4 31s and I'm planning on breeding for a Nasty Plot Togekiss.

PM me if you can help.
  15. lethminite

lethminite

Okay, finally got my contrary one, final count was 6 perfect IVs, 4 missing SPA.

Maybe there is some mechanic that if it's 5 there is a higher chance for all 6? or if both parents are perfect or something?

Could also just be RNG on my face, but the ratio should have been more like 1-6 instead of 3-2 and i bread quite a few.
  16. NoDice

NoDice

So I have been trying to breed a quint flawless Froakie with Protean. Next step for me was to get a Female and obtain a Male of a breedable species from a foreign game card to start MMing. Now that I have started MMing, it seems the rate at which Protean is being passed down to the offspring has dropped off majorly without the use of 2 Protean Froakie parents. I used to get 7 Protean to every 10 eggs roughly, but since using this foreign Marill, the rate dropped to 1/12 ish. Anyone know if it will make a difference again if I can somehow obtain a foreign Froakie to use instead of Marill? Is it just that HAs pass down more often if both parents have it? Regardless of everstones?
  17. shutupnrock8

shutupnrock8

Okay guys, I've been reading around the internet, and it's my understanding that you can only breed with a Ditto to obtain a baby with a hidden ability? i.e. Breeding a Male Torchic with a Ditto for a baby with Speed Boost. Well, O really hope this isn't the case because it will now to literally impossible to breed for hidden abilities AND egg moves. What do I mean? I want a Prankster Sableye with Recover like I have in Pokemon White. I want to breed a Female Sableye with a Male Kadabra that knows Recover. This is pointless know because I'll never get a baby with Recover and Prankster. Can anyone clear this up?
  18. Bromar

Bromar

Does Flame Body still help hatching go quicker?
  19. FireMage

FireMage Say Goodnight!
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributor

Yes
    S0L1D G0LD likes this.
  20. shutupnrock8

shutupnrock8

Anyone know the answer to my previous post?
  21. Skore

Skore

You've been reading wrong.

In actual fact it means that breeding a male with hidden ability with Ditto now has a chance to pass on the HA where it never was possible before. You can still use a female with a HA as normal to pass on egg moves.
  22. Non-Guest 31415

Non-Guest 31415

As I understand it, HA Male + Ditto = HA Pokemon potential and HA Female + Male = HA Pokemon potential; this means that Egg Moves work as usual, with the exception that females can now pass them down..
  23. shutupnrock8

shutupnrock8

I read it directly off serebii.

I was just wondering, because serebii directly stated that HA's can only be breed through a parent and Ditto.

And I've been breeding countless Sableyes with a Female Prankster and Male with Keen eye and Recover. No Prankster with Recover yet after about 60 babies.
  24. Skore

Skore

Because it's only the male + Ditto that results in HA.

Female + Ditto doesn't. Ever.
  25. UnhandledException

UnhandledException

I can confirm having hatched a speed boost venipede from female whirlipede+ditto(on the first two eggs).
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2013

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)