1. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Big Support Team

Discussion in 'BW OU Teams' started by Flchorton, Jun 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Flchorton

Flchorton

*sorry, im new to this so i really dont really know what to talk about for each pokemon, so hopefully thats okay, sorry again*
    This is my first RMT and actually my first team competitive team ive made in B/W. Thats why i really wanted to make it a BIG SUPPORT TEAM, so i can slowly work my way threw the opponents team. All of these movesets are from smogon, so i really dont really need to say why i used that moveset, because its there. but ill try to explain the most i cant. so this is my team so far:

My Team:
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Team Setup:

Lead: Dugtrio @ Focus Sash Arena Trap
    Jolly 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
    Reversal, Earthquake, Stealth Rock, Sucker Punch,

[​IMG]
    Hes fast and i put him also as my lead so i can get rocks up. also an attacker so thats why i gave him a focus sash so i could still have him still "alive" to bring in and bring out again so i can get a wish from blissey, hopefully, on it.

Wall/Team supporter: Blissy @ Leftovers
    Natural Cure
    Bold 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
    Wish, Protect, Seismic Toss, Toxic,

[​IMG]
    I felt like i needed a pretty strong annoying wall on my team to just stall and help the team out with wish. Also toxic will help it wither away the other team more, and the seismic toss as my main attacking move.

SpA/bulky: Rotem-water @ Leftovers
    levitate Modest 112 HP / 252 SpA / 144 Spe
    Volt Switch, Hydro Pump, Hidden Power Fire, Pain Split,
    [​IMG]

Just something to take out pokemon that are weak to mainly electric and water, also i wanted a bulky one so i can atleast take some hits before going down, i needed a bulky special attacker.

Def/support: Tentacruel @ Leftovers
    Rain Dish
    Bold 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Spe
    Toxic Spikes Rapid Spin Scald Ice Beam
    [​IMG]

I felt like i just needed a defensive pokemon that can also put up more entry hazards and has rapid spin to get rid of opponent entry hazards. also can take out dragon type pokemon, since i didnt have really anything on this team to with ice beam.

SpA:Espeon @ Leftovers
    Magic Bounce
    Timid 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
    Calm Mind, Psychic, Shadow Ball, Hidden Power Fighting,
    [​IMG]

just a all out special attacker for the team. also i can set up with calm mind so i can help attack the other team better.

Late Game Sweeper:Terrakion @ Choice Band
    Jolly 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
    Close Combat Stone Edge X-Scissor Quick Attack
    [​IMG]

and here is just a great fast and strong attacker with a wide rage of moves to take out the rest of the enemys team near the end of the game. *hopefuly*

i feel like this team covers alot of things. You can tell me anything, such as change a moveset, change a pokemon out, and you can also tell me the pokemon that can really hurt this team! so yeah thanks if you help me :) *ive already been helped alittle on reddit, but i just wanted to know if this would give me more help* THANKS!
  2. skaybestrogue

skaybestrogue

Moxie Salamence can easily kill your entire team, you don't have a single dragon-type resist. For fixing this issue you could either replace the Espeon with a Choice Scarfer since Magic Bounce is kind of redundant seeing as you have a rapid spinner. You could also change your Terrakion to Choice Scarf or switch up your Tentacruel for another physical wall, Slowbro deals with ScarfMence especially well.

Set for Slowbro:

Slowbro @ Regenerator
    Rocky Helmet / Leftovers
    248HP, 252Def, 16SpD

Ice Beam / Fireblast
    Scald
    Slack Off
    Psychic / Psyshock
  3. Flchorton

Flchorton

Yeah i can see that, i like the idea of the Slowbro. so that would replace Tentacruel, right? Also i get the redundancy of having magic bounce on Espeon. What is a good scarfed pokemon that i can switch that out with? And thanks for the help! i will play around with these different pokemon.
  4. skaybestrogue

skaybestrogue

Terrakion is an excellent Scarfer, easily one of the best Scarfers in the entire OU-Metagame, so I would go with that. The set I use is:

Terrakion @ Choice Scarf

Close Combat
    Stone Edge
    Rock Slide
    X-Scissor

When you replace Tentacruel you will need Espeon, when you replace Espeon with a Scarf Terrakion you'd need another Wallbreaker but I suggest the first.
  5. Flchorton

Flchorton

K thanks that really helps! ill play around with it :)
  6. LUST

LUST
    is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Winneris a SPL Winner

Please increase your descriptions otherwise I would have to lock this thread. Check out the RMT Archive to see the kind of detail we look for.

edit: You cannot have two active RMTs so I am locking this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)