1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!

Billowing Sands - A BW2 OU RMT

Discussion in 'BW OU Teams' started by Golgi Body, Mar 25, 2013.

1. Golgi Body

Golgi Body

Team Preview

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

I'll keep this short.
    The point of this team is to use Tyranitar, Keldeo, Latios, Celebi, and Heatran to clear out any threats and attempt to bring in Landorus safely. If I can remove things like Mamoswine, Gastrodon, and Blissey, Landorus can and will sweep the floor with the enemy team. I have had a lot of fun using this team on PS but as I got higher on the ladder I would lose more and more often. Some of the biggest flaws of this team are that the whole team (minus Keldeo) is weak to Water or Ice, 2 very common attacking types. (Most Water-types carry Ice Beam, and vice-versa.) Mamoswine destroys this team, and Gastrodon is a huge thorn in my side. I made this RMT to try and remedy those issues and make this team even better.

Team Building Process (open)

[​IMG]
    I wanted to build a team around Landorus-I.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    With Landorus comes sand, and Keldeo rounds out the "core" by helping counter rain teams.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    SR Terrakion gets rocks up, can Taunt things like Ferrothorn, and causes big damage. I often lead with him.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Latias rounds off the team and helps counter the rare sun teams, which are a big threat.

Sandslash is fun to use and provides support. He can clean late-game if sand is up.

Heatran replaces Sandslash as glue. He kills Ferrothorn, Scizor, and other pesky Steel-types.

Terrakion as a lead dies too early, so I replaced it with Froslass, who can set up hazards and take out threats with Destiny Bond.

Froslass gets replaced by Celebi, as I don't have a spinblocker so setting up lots of hazards is usually redundant. Celebi acts as a pivot and patches up my Gastrodon weakness.

Since I have Celebi to sponge special hits from Rotom-W, Latias gets switched for her more offensive brother, Latios.
    [​IMG]

Up Close

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Tyranitar @ Choice Band
    Sand Stream
    180 HP / 252 Atk / 76 Spd
    Adamant

Stone Edge | Crunch | Pursuit | Superpower

Tyranitar provides sand and eliminates Ghost and Psychic types. With a Choice Band, his attack skyrockets to a massive 604. Gengar, Latios, and Latias are usually easily OHKOed with Pursuit even if they do not switch out! Tyranitar's Special Defense is also huge because he receives a 50% boost in the sand, which is always up because of his ability. Pursuit and Crunch are Tyranitar's 2 main moves, making short work of Jellicent, Celebi, Reuniclus, Lati@s, Gengar, or anything that dares to switch in. Stone Edge is reliable STAB, (when it hits T_T) and Superpower destroys Breloom, Terrakion, and Keldeo. The EVs maximize damage output, and allow Tyranitar to shrug off Draco Meteors and other special attacks.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Keldeo @ Choice Scarf
    Justified
    252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
    Timid

Hydro Pump | Secret Sword | Hidden Power [Ice] | Surf

Keldeo is my scarfer and rain counter. It is very easy to pull off a late-game sweep with Keldeo if rain is up. Keldeo is also my one shot at taking out Mamoswine, as Keldeo only takes 14.5 - 16.97% from Ice Shard and can outspeed and score an easy OHKO with Hydro Pump or Surf. Keldeo can also revenge kill many threats to this team, such as Dragonite at +2, or Salamence and Garchomp at +1. Hydro Pump provides massive damage, and Surf is a more reliable alternative. Secret Sword is great Fighting STAB, and it can also break through Blissey easily. Hidden Power Ice provides great coverage and can take out the many dragons that roam OU. The EVs are standard with leftovers in special defense.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Landorus @ Life Orb
    Sheer Force
    252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
    Modest

Rock Polish | Earth Power | Focus Blast | Hidden Power [Ice]

Landorus is the star of the team. He can break through so many "walls" with Sheer Force. (See damage calcs below) Rock Polish is the crux of the set, allowing him to outspeed just about everything you will normally encounter in OU. When the enemy team is weakened, Stealth Rock is up, and Landorus is at +2, it is next to impossible to stop him. Earth Power is the main move here, it is reliable STAB and KOs almost everything in OU once the rest of my team has weakened them. Focus Blast gives more coverage and can take out soooo many things: Skarmory, Ferrothorn, Hydreigon, Rotom-W, and even Blissey! Hidden Power Ice is the last move, even though it is not boosted by Sheer Force, it can OHKO Gliscor, opposing Landorus, and Dragon, Grass, Flying, and Ground types.
    Damage Calcs (open)
    [​IMG] 252 SpA Life Orb Sheer Force Landorus Focus Blast vs. 180 HP / 0 SpD Tyranitar in sand: 541-640 (140.15 - 165.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO
    [​IMG] 252 SpA Life Orb Sheer Force Landorus Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Tyranitar in sand: 390-463 (96.53 - 114.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
    [​IMG] 252 SpA Life Orb Sheer Force Landorus Earth Power vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Tentacruel: 393-463 (107.96 - 127.19%) -- guaranteed OHKO
    [​IMG] 252 SpA Life Orb Sheer Force Landorus Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 168 SpD Ferrothorn: 309-367 (87.78 - 104.26%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
    [​IMG] 252 SpA Life Orb Sheer Force Landorus Focus Blast vs. 4 HP / 252+ SpD Blissey: 237-281 (36.34 - 43.09%) -- 17.58% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and weather
    [​IMG] 252 SpA Life Orb Sheer Force Landorus Focus Blast vs. 232 HP / 0 SpD Rotom-W: 191-226 (63.87 - 75.58%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and weather
    [​IMG] 252 SpA Life Orb Sheer Force Landorus Focus Blast vs. 248 HP / 232+ SpD Rotom-W: 142-168 (46.86 - 55.44%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and weather
    [​IMG] 252 SpA Life Orb Sheer Force Landorus Focus Blast vs. 224 HP / 32 SpD Skarmory: 260-307 (79.51 - 93.88%) -- 43.75% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
    [​IMG] 252 SpA Life Orb Sheer Force Landorus Earth Power vs. 252 HP / 224+ SpD Jirachi: 335-398 (82.92 - 98.51%) -- 25% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
    [​IMG] 252 SpA Life Orb Landorus Hidden Power Ice vs. 252 HP / 236+ SpD Celebi: 133-159 (32.92 - 39.35%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock and weather
    [​IMG] 252 SpA Life Orb Landorus Hidden Power Ice vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Latias: 146-174 (40.1 - 47.8%) -- 51.56% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and weather

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Latios @ Life Orb
    Levitate
    4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Timid

Draco Meteor | Psyshock | Hidden Power [Fire] | Recover

Latios is the big guns on this team. It may seem weird to run Life Orb since he will already be taking a lot of residual damage from the sand, but I can heal off damage with Recover, and the pros outweigh the cons. Latios takes out so many things, almost nothing can safely switch in to a Life Orb boosted Draco meteor echoing off of base 130 SAtk. Psyshock is great with STAB, and can bypass Blissey and Chansey. Hidden Power Fire is my favorite move, it allows Latios to roast Ferrothorn and Scizor trying to Pursuit. Recover allows me to restore health after switching in and taking Life Orb and sand damage.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Celebi @ Leftovers
    Natural Cure
    252 SAtk / 54 HP / 204 Spd
    Modest

Leaf Storm | Earth Power | Thunder Wave | Recover

Celebi takes special hits for the team. Rotom-W can not touch Celebi, and is very easily OHKOed. (One Leaf Storm has the power to OHKO two Rotom-W hehe) Celebi can counter rain teams more effectively now because Tornadus-T is banned. I opted for a more offensive Celebi since I want my team to maintain offensive pressure constantly, and I personally feel this Celebi is better than the specially defensive one. Leaf Storm is raw power, and can dent anything that doesn't resist it, and Earth Power hurts Steel and Fire types that resist Leaf Storm. Thunder Wave lets me spread paralysis, If I can paralyze their scarfer It makes the battle a lot easier. Recover is for healing. The EVs give Celebi good Offensive stats and allow it to take hits like a champ. I run 204 speed EVs to outspeed opposing Celebi and base 100s by one point.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Heatran @ Leftovers
    Flash Fire
    252 SDef / 244 HP / 12 Spd
    Calm

Lava Plume | Stealth Rock | Protect | Toxic

Heatran acts as glue keeping the team together. He takes so many hits with his superb Fire / Steel typing, and can burn physical attackers with Lava Plume. I originally added Heatran to counter Ferrothorn and other dual type steel types, but he does so much more than that. Lava Plume is his main STAB, and a lot of people forget how powerful it is. Stealth Rock is great for this team, whether it is up or not is usually the difference between a OHKO or 2HKO for many pokemon for Landorus. Protect allows me to scout an enemy's move and rack up sandstorm damage. Toxic allows me to spread even more status and rack up even more residual damage. The EVs make Heatran immensely bulky and allow me to outspeed opposing Heatran by one point.

Importable (open)
    Tyranitar (M) @ Choice Band
    Trait: Sand Stream
    EVs: 176 HP / 252 Atk / 80 Spd
    Adamant Nature
    - Stone Edge
    - Crunch
    - Pursuit
    - Superpower

Keldeo @ Choice Scarf
    Trait: Justified
    Shiny: Yes
    EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
    Timid Nature
    - Hydro Pump
    - Secret Sword
    - Hidden Power [Ice]
    - Surf

Landorus (M) @ Life Orb
    Trait: Sheer Force
    EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
    Modest Nature
    - Rock Polish
    - Earth Power
    - Focus Blast
    - Hidden Power [Ice]

Latios (M) @ Life Orb
    Trait: Levitate
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Timid Nature
    - Draco Meteor
    - Psyshock
    - Hidden Power [Fire]
    - Recover

Celebi @ Leftovers
    Trait: Natural Cure
    EVs: 54 HP / 252 SAtk / 204 Spd
    Modest Nature
    - Leaf Storm
    - Earth Power
    - Thunder Wave
    - Recover

Heatran (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Flash Fire
    EVs: 244 HP / 252 SDef / 12 Spd
    Calm Nature
    - Lava Plume
    - Stealth Rock
    - Protect
    - Toxic

2. Livio

Livio

Hey Dude, really cool team, even if it seems pretty standard.
    I ve only some advice about your sets, because the team has a good sinergy and doesn t need pokemon changes, so let s start with the rate!

The fisrt thing that i notice you is the speed of Tyranitar, well in my honest opinion the Choice Band set doesn t need all those Hp, I think you could do with running a little more speed on your Tyranitar, for example I like to run a spread of 100 HP / 252 Atk / 156 Spe Adamant Nature on Choice Band Tyranitar to get the jump on common pokemons that you will probably want to outspeed (for example Jellicent, because i ll suggest you to change Celebi Moveset).
    Now, since you probabily dont want to play 5vs6 with the teams that run Breloom or some other random spore abuser like Amoonguss, i suggest you to change its moveset (without any change of his Evs spread)in one of Psichic/Baton Pass/Recover/Leaf Storm. It allows you a good switch in for that (you can stay in and kill him with the Stabbed Psichic) and, furthermore, give you the possibility to escape from the common Pursuitters, such as BandScizor or in general an eventual opponent Tyranitar.

Well, now about your Rock Polish Landorus, i suggest you to run a different Evs spread. My suggestion is to use one of 40HP/252Satk/216Spd Modest Nature, in this way you may outspeed the common 'mons that it outspeeds, while gain a bit bulk more to setupp. Last thing, i suggest you to replace Surf intead of Hidden power [Fire] on your Latios, you already have a good pokemon against Scizor, i mean Heatran, and don t need it, you can also kill some Tyranitar or take down Hippodown that otherwise you could not.

Hope i helped, i have not much to suggest you because the team is really solid and doesn t need many changes.

Tl;dr

Show Hide

[​IMG]
    Gaara (Tyranitar) (M) @ Choice Band
    Trait: Sand Stream
    EVs: 100 HP / 252 Atk / 156 Spd
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Crunch
    - Pursuit
    - Stone Edge
    - Superpower

[​IMG]

Celebi @ Leftovers
    Trait: Natural Cure
    EVs: 56 HP / 252 SAtk / 200 Spd
    Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
    - Psychic
    - Baton Pass
    - Recover
    - Leaf Storm

[​IMG]

Landorus (M) @ Life Orb
    Trait: Sand Force
    EVs: 40 HP / 252 SAtk / 216 Spd
    Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
    - Focus Blast
    - Earth Power
    - Hidden Power [Ice]
    - Rock Polish

[​IMG] Hp Fire ---------> Surf

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)