billymills Mafia [Signups]

Status
Not open for further replies.

askaninjask

[FLAIL ARMS]
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Welcome to the newest installment of Expert mafia, billymills Mafia.

I can already hear you guys saying, “What is billymills Mafia about? Is every role billymills?” The answer to the first question is “basically nothing” and the answer to the second is “no”.

So what is the flavor of this game? The role names of each player were randomly chosen by Wikipedia’s “random article” function. There are some pretty nonsensical roles in this game as a result, so please bear with me.

The format of the game is as follows: there are three factions and various neutrals that may exist. These factions fall into the general categories of “village mafia wolf” that you guys know so well. However, there are a few twists in this mafia that I will introduce in this game. Most of these twists I will not disclose, but one I will tell everyone, as the game cannot be played without everyone having common knowledge of how the “village” faction works.

One twist is as follows: every member of The Empire (the village) needs an item. If they don’t get this item, they will lose even if the village wins. Each villager’s item is different. There is one loophole to this: if you can’t get your own item, you can still win if you are holding two of your fellow villagers’ items.

But how does a villager who’s not a thief get any items? A villager may, in addition to his or her normal night action, may also frisk another player for his or her user-specific item. If a villager’s frisk target has their item, then the villager will take it from them.

Sound simple enough?

Rules:
1) Living players can talk. Dead players can’t. Exceptions are as follows: You may talk strategy with teammates when you are dead if you waive your right to see what is going on in the game and pass on no new information. Also, you may talk about anything with teammates listed in your role PM after death, so long as that information was given to you before you died.

2) Every user has a role PM. You may not copy and paste your role PMs on the first night of the game, Night 0. After Night 0 is over, you may copy and paste your role PMs.

3) Do not screenshot anything related to this game.

4) You may paste logs of conversations had on IRC, including logs with the hosts. You can also fake a log, even a log with the hosts.

5) Each day will have a deadline of 48 hours. You may vote to lynch users during the day by posting "lynch USER" in bold, or "No lynch" if you don't want to lynch anyone, and if you change your vote, you MUST edit the bolded text out of the old post if you post with a new vote. Once there is a majority as determined by the host, there will be a grace period of some unspecified time, and if the majority is still in place after said grace period, the day will end. Please don't ask about when a majority is reached - once it's time for the day to end, it'll end (provided the host is there to update).

6) If there is a tie in the lynch, nobody will be lynched.

7) Priorities have been set beforehand and will not be revealed. Don’t even ask.

8) There are items in this game.

9) Don’t be an idiot. This is completely subjective and I reserve the right to do whatever I need to punish idiocy (but I will take advantage of this right as rarely as possible).

These now are rules specific to this game that you should all read, otherwise you won’t know what the hell is going on.
10) There are two large teams in this game and one small team. The two large teams are an uninformed majority (The Empire) and an informed minority (The Resistance). There is a third, smaller team (The Radical Center) which is opposed to both of them, and there may be some other neutrals whose win conditions I will not disclose.

11) The Empire’s win condition is as follows:
You are allied with The Empire. You win if The Empire is the last team standing and you exit the game with the <ITEM> in your possession.
In order for a member of The Empire to win, they must defeat the other two factions and collect <ITEM>. By “exit the game,” I mean either win or die.

11.5) There is one way out of this as a member of The Empire. If for whatever reason you are unable to find your user-specific item, you still can win if you exit the game holding two other items.

12) If a user is killed while holding an item, the item goes to that user’s killer. There is one exception. If a member of The Empire is killed while holding his or her user-specific item, that item will be removed from the game.

13) Every night, in addition to his or her normal action, a villager may FRISK another player for their item. You do this by sending a PM to the hosts titled “Night X - Frisking <user>.” If <user> has your user-specific item, then the item will pass from <user> to you.

14) The above three rules are not the only thing that make this game different from other 1v1 games, but I’ll leave the rest to you guys.

I reserve the right to change anything I want about these rules before I post the game thread.

zorbees

Chwa for no reason!
Unfortunately do to real life circumstances and a restraining order filed by walrein's lawyer I am unable to participate in this game. I am told though, that I can choose one user to take my place in this game. It was a tough decision, but I have decided that user Unholy will take my place. He made it in a close call over fellow mafia players the_sea_prince and pokemonrocks777. I wish Unholy the best in my stead and hope this mafia game is a rousing success. Ignore all this shit I'm playing lol.
http://www.smogon.com/forums/member.php?u=1108

askaninjask

[FLAIL ARMS]
Oh, I forgot one important thing. This game will use aliases in the same system that UncleSam's Metroid Mafia used. Every user will be assigned a certain alias, and all roles and lynch votes will target those aliases. We will still use Smogon forums at all times.

The lynch mechanics are as follows. Each user who wants to vote votes publicly in the thread in the day, just like normal. At the end of the day, some person is lynched. Let's say this person's alias was Steve1. I will list at the end of the day all of the aliases that voted for Steve1 in a randomized order.

I will include this in the new and improved ruleset for the game thread.

EDIT: @TLCJR4LIFE, the way lynches are normally run is through a plurality system rather than a strict majority one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)