move 3: Stone Edge / Cross Chop
move 4: Earthquake / Cross Chop
ability: Tough Claws
item: Choice Band / Choice Scarf
evs: 100 HP / 180 Atk / 196 Spe
nature: Adamant / Jolly

Moves
========

• Switcheroo is a fantastic move, as it allows you to cripple common switch ins such as Ferroseed, while also stealing their item.
  • To utilize Switcheroo to its full potential, it's best to come in on Pokemon Binacle naturally scares out, such as Fletchling and Vullaby.
  • Razor Shell may appear to be a less powerful Waterfall, but a fantastic 50% chance to drop the opponents Defense is amazing, as it often helps Binacle get past bulkier foes.
  • Stone Edge provides a solid secondary STAB, and even without a Tough Claws boost, it will still hit hard.
  • Earthquake gives you the ability to break through Croagunk, which otherwise would completely counter you.
  • Cross Chop provides you with an option for hitting Ferroseed harder, giving it a decent niche.
  • Poison Jab could be used if you wanted to hit Spritzee harder, but it provides almost nothing in the way of coverage, making it a pretty poor option.
Set Details
========

• The given EVs maximize Binacle's Attack and Speed, while also slightly increasing it's bulk.
  • If using a Choice Band, Adamant is the recommended nature, as you want to hit as hard as possible, as well as having a 50% chance to OHKO Croagunk after 1 layer of Spikes.
  • With a Choice Scarf and a Jolly Nature, Binacle hits 22 Speed, letting it outpace the entire metagame.
Usage Tips
========

• Switcheroo provides Binacle with its biggest niche, and is the main reason for using it.
  • Binacle's item decides it's role on the team.
  • Choice Band functions as a wall breaker, while Scarf acts as more of a revenge killer.
  • Without Eviolite, Binacle's defensive capabilities are incredibly underwhelming. As such, switching it in on predicted switches, weak resisted hits, or after one of your Pokemon has fainted is important.
Team Options
========

• Binacle appreciates teammates who can deal with Fighting types. Taillow, Croagunk and Fletchling are all good partners.
  • Fighting types ironically make good teammates, as they can help beat the Steel types who can wall you. Mienfoo in particular is incredibly useful, as removing items with Knock Off helps Binacle clean up late game.
  • Hazard setters such as Drilbur, Dwebble, Trubbish and Ferroseed help net KOs, with Trubbish having the best synergy with Binacle.
  • Sweepers such as Scraggy, Carvanha, and Tirtouga appreciate the Switcheroo support Binacle provides.
  • Spritzee can support Binacle well, as they have decent synergy, and Spritzee can keep Binacle healthy as well as removing statuses that would severely hinder Binacle's usefulness.
  • Ponyta and Larvesta can spread burns to weaken opponents, and can beat the grass types that cause you so much trouble.
Shell Smash
########
name: Shell Smash
move 1: Shell Smash
move 2: Razor Shell
move 3: Cross Chop
move 4: Earthquake / Stone Edge
item: Eviolite / Life Orb / Berry Juice
nature: Adamant

Moves
========

• Shell Smash is self explanatory, it boosts Binacle's power to ungodly levels.
  • Razor Shell is the main move, and with Tough Claws and +2 Attack, will hit like a truck.
  • Cross Chop allows Binacle to differentiate itself from Tirtouga by helping it get past Ferroseed.
  • Earthquake hits Croagunk, who would wall you otherwise. Ground is also a good attacking type in general.
  • Stone Edge does good damage, and is a nice secondary STAB.
  • Poison Jab can be used if Fairies give you trouble.
Set Details
========

• EVs are similar to the Choice Scarf set, maxing Attack and Speed for Shell Smash.
  • Hits 30 Attack and 28 Speed after a Shell Smash, which is incredible.
  • Adamant is the best ability, as it maximizes attack while still keeping Binacle fast.
  • Eviolite lets Binacle to survive Croagunk's Vacuum Wave at -1, allowing you to KO it with Earthquake
Usage Tips
========

• Avoid setting up early. Binacle functions best in the mid to late game, when it's major checks have been fainted or weakened considerably.
  • Binacle has ample set up opportunities on Pokemon such as Vullaby, Trubbish, and Fletchling
  • Binacle is best brought in after either a teammate goes down, or in on a weak resisted hit.
  • After setting up, spam Razor Shell to smash through the opposing team.
  • If a resist is brought in, utilize a coverage move to defeat said resist and continue the sweep.
  • Keep Binacle healthy, Life Orb will wear it down quickly, and as such it's best to avoid taking unnecessary damage.
Team Options
========

• First and foremost, Pokemon that can give Binacle good set up chances are the most important teammates.
  • Cottonee in particular is a fantastic teammate, as it has incredible synergy with Binacle, as well as access to moves such as Encore and Memento, which grant ample set up opportunities.
  • Wynaut functions similarly to Cottonee, and while it lack Memento, it has Shadow Tag which helps in removing the Fighting Types that trouble Binacle.
  • Fighting Types can support you with Knock Off, while also luring out Trubbish and Fletchling, giving you good set up opportunities
  • Pokemon with powerful Flying Type attacks, such as Fletchling and Taillow, are useful teammates since they can beat Croagunk, Binacle's biggest counter.
  • Entry hazards are important to ensure certain KOs, so Trubbish, Dwebble and Drilbur make good partners as well.
  • Larvesta is good for checking Fighting types and defeating Grass Pokemon, who could murder Binacle with their STABs.
  • Tirtouga makes a surprisingly good partner, as it appreciates the removal of Ferroseed and general weakening of the opposing team.
Other Options
########

• Sniper could be used over Tough Claws on a gimmicky Scope Lens set for a Stone Edge that always crits, but the boost in power Tough Claws give is generally preferred.
  • X-Scissor could be used to hit Slowpoke, but even at +2 it won't OHKO, and it provides little coverage otherwise.
  • Shadow Claw hits Slowpoke while also KOing Misdravus if used on the Shell Smash set, but is pretty useless otherwise.
Checks & Counters
########

• **Fighting Types**: Most Fighters are bulky enough to tank unboosted hits from Binacle, and can KO it back with their strong STABs. Timburr and Croagunk both have access to priority, making them even more threatening.
  • **Bulky Grass types**: Foongus and Ferroseed can tank a Razor Shell and vaporize Binacle with a STAB Grass attack. Ferroseed completely walls the Scarf set, but will be OHKOd by a +2 Cross Chop from the Shell Smash set.

Last edited:
If I'm not mistaken binnacle an learn cross chop which allows it to hit ferroseed who walls binnacle without it.
It does learn Cross Chop, but as the Choice Scarf set is first and foremost a revenge killer, you have no real business staying in on Ferroseed, as you lack the power to KO it, and then it can just poop all over you >_>

180 Atk Tough Claws Binacle Cross Chop vs. 164 HP / 188+ Def Eviolite Ferroseed: 10-14 (43.4 - 60.8%) -- 88.7% chance to 2HKO

0 Atk Ferroseed Bullet Seed (2 hits) vs. 100 HP / 0 Def Binacle: 24-32 (109 - 145.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO

So yeah, Cross Chop is not worth it on the Scarf set IMO :P

I really like this so far. Another set I feel should be in there is a Choice Band set (which functions differently enough from scarf to deserve its own set). Binacle will pack an enormous punch with all of its moves and can still opt to cripple walls with Switcheroo. I'll run some calcs when I get home. Keep up the awesome work!

I really like this so far. Another set I feel should be in there is a Choice Band set (which functions differently enough from scarf to deserve its own set). Binacle will pack an enormous punch with all of its moves and can still opt to cripple walls with Switcheroo. I'll run some calcs when I get home. Keep up the awesome work!
Thanks a lot! Choice Band sounds like a cool idea, I'll do some testing when I get the chance.

Edit: I'll put Choice Band in OO until I test it, that way I can at least note it, and eventually if it's good enough it can get its own set :)

Some random CB Binacle calcs:

180+ Atk Choice Band Tough Claws Binacle Cross Chop vs. 164 HP / 188+ Def Eviolite Ferroseed: 16-20 (69.5 - 86.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
180+ Atk Choice Band Tough Claws Binacle Poison Jab vs. 212 HP / 196+ Def Eviolite Spritzee: 14-18 (51.8 - 66.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
180+ Atk Choice Band Binacle Stone Edge vs. 196 HP / 156+ Def Eviolite Slowpoke: 10-13 (35.7 - 46.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
180+ Atk Choice Band Binacle Stone Edge vs. 124 HP / 156+ Def Eviolite Foongus: 12-15 (48 - 60%) -- 90.2% chance to 2HKO
180+ Atk Choice Band Tough Claws Binacle Poison Jab vs. 252 HP / 196+ Def Eviolite Cottonee: 28-36 (121.7 - 156.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO
180+ Atk Choice Band Binacle Stone Edge vs. 116 HP / 76+ Def Eviolite Vullaby: 20-26 (80 - 104%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO
-1 180+ Atk Choice Band Tough Claws Binacle Razor Shell vs. 76 HP / 156+ Def Eviolite Growlithe: 14-20 (60.8 - 86.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
-1 180+ Atk Choice Band Binacle Stone Edge vs. 76 HP / 156+ Def Eviolite Growlithe: 14-20 (60.8 - 86.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
180+ Atk Choice Band Tough Claws Binacle Cross Chop vs. 0 HP / 36 Def Eviolite Munchlax: 26-32 (86.6 - 106.6%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO
180+ Atk Choice Band Tough Claws Binacle Cross Chop vs. 196 HP / 76 Def Eviolite Lickitung: 20-24 (71.4 - 85.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
180+ Atk Choice Band Tough Claws Binacle Cross Chop vs. 0 HP / 36 Def Carvanha: 44-54 (209.5 - 257.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Well, it's not exactly punching giant holes in stuff. I overestimated his abilities a bit, but hey, I have a sweet spot for Binacle. Since it can't actually break through many common walls (and in some cases can be KO'd by them!), I'd say Choice Band is probably best left in OO. Besides, Choice Scarf can cripple walls already, and it has the bonus of actually being able to revenge stuff.

Sooo...

On the Scarf set, Shell Smash should be slashed in with either Stone Edge or Poison Jab. Yeah, it's weird having a boosting move on a Choice set, but in practice it works pretty well, akin to Specs Missy w/ Trick and Nasty Plot. If a wall gets tricked switcheroo'd a Scarf, it's gonna switch out. Then you smash on the free turn, and deal heavy damage the next turn (got this idea from Briyella's set in the LC teambuilding competition thread).

For the Shell Smash set, Earthquake should definitely be on there to hit Croagunk, as it completely walls Binacle otherwise
+2 180+ Atk Binacle Earthquake vs. 212 HP / 36 Def Eviolite Croagunk: 28-34 (116.6 - 141.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Also...
+2 180+ Atk Binacle Earthquake vs. 196 HP / 100 Def Trubbish: 32-38 (133.3 - 158.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO

And finally, remove X-Scissor. It doesn't hit any Grass-types that hard, since Foongus, Ferroseed, Cottonee, and Phantump are all only hit neutrally. Mention it as an other option to hit Slowpoke (since that's Binacle's best choice against it), but even after a Shell Smash it won't OHKO Slowpoke.

That's all I can think of for now .-.

Rowan

The professor?
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
The 4 best attacking moves for Binacle on any set are Razor Shell/Stone Edge/Cross Chop/Earthquake in my opinion. Poison Jab is okay, but not too much more powerful than STAB Tough Claws Razor Shell or Stone Edge. Same with X-Scissor, I can't actually think what X-Scissor hits tbh... Cross Chop hits Ferroseed and Porygon for massive damage, and EQ hits Croagunk which is just awesome. Slash Eviolite with Shell Smash, this means it can survive a Vacuum Wave from Croagunk at -1, which is cool.

Also I have used CB Binacle... dunno if it deserves a full analysis, but I wouldn't be opposed to making a singular 'choice' set with both Band and Scarf. The main niche for both of these sets is Switcheroo anyway. Pokemon that appreciate stuff like Ferroseed or Foongus or Cottonee holding a Choice item make good partners... other water sweepers like Tirtouga and Carvanha for example.

Pokemon that appreciate Ferroseed lured in by Cross Chop make good teammates to SS Binacle.

[not a full QC check btw]

The 4 best attacking moves for Binacle on any set are Razor Shell/Stone Edge/Cross Chop/Earthquake in my opinion. Poison Jab is okay, but not too much more powerful than STAB Tough Claws Razor Shell or Stone Edge. Same with X-Scissor, I can't actually think what X-Scissor hits tbh... Cross Chop hits Ferroseed and Porygon for massive damage, and EQ hits Croagunk which is just awesome. Slash Eviolite with Shell Smash, this means it can survive a Vacuum Wave from Croagunk at -1, which is cool.

Also I have used CB Binacle... dunno if it deserves a full analysis, but I wouldn't be opposed to making a singular 'choice' set with both Band and Scarf. The main niche for both of these sets is Switcheroo anyway. Pokemon that appreciate stuff like Ferroseed or Foongus or Cottonee holding a Choice item make good partners... other water sweepers like Tirtouga and Carvanha for example.

Pokemon that appreciate Ferroseed lured in by Cross Chop make good teammates to SS Binacle.

[not a full QC check btw]
Should I put Earthquake over Stone Edge? I haven't found Stone Edge to useful on shell smash, and hitting Croagunk is super important. Eviolite is definetly a good option as well

Some random CB Binacle calcs:

180+ Atk Choice Band Tough Claws Binacle Cross Chop vs. 164 HP / 188+ Def Eviolite Ferroseed: 16-20 (69.5 - 86.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
180+ Atk Choice Band Tough Claws Binacle Poison Jab vs. 212 HP / 196+ Def Eviolite Spritzee: 14-18 (51.8 - 66.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
180+ Atk Choice Band Binacle Stone Edge vs. 196 HP / 156+ Def Eviolite Slowpoke: 10-13 (35.7 - 46.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
180+ Atk Choice Band Binacle Stone Edge vs. 124 HP / 156+ Def Eviolite Foongus: 12-15 (48 - 60%) -- 90.2% chance to 2HKO
180+ Atk Choice Band Tough Claws Binacle Poison Jab vs. 252 HP / 196+ Def Eviolite Cottonee: 28-36 (121.7 - 156.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO
180+ Atk Choice Band Binacle Stone Edge vs. 116 HP / 76+ Def Eviolite Vullaby: 20-26 (80 - 104%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO
-1 180+ Atk Choice Band Tough Claws Binacle Razor Shell vs. 76 HP / 156+ Def Eviolite Growlithe: 14-20 (60.8 - 86.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
-1 180+ Atk Choice Band Binacle Stone Edge vs. 76 HP / 156+ Def Eviolite Growlithe: 14-20 (60.8 - 86.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
180+ Atk Choice Band Tough Claws Binacle Cross Chop vs. 0 HP / 36 Def Eviolite Munchlax: 26-32 (86.6 - 106.6%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO
180+ Atk Choice Band Tough Claws Binacle Cross Chop vs. 196 HP / 76 Def Eviolite Lickitung: 20-24 (71.4 - 85.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
180+ Atk Choice Band Tough Claws Binacle Cross Chop vs. 0 HP / 36 Def Carvanha: 44-54 (209.5 - 257.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Well, it's not exactly punching giant holes in stuff. I overestimated his abilities a bit, but hey, I have a sweet spot for Binacle. Since it can't actually break through many common walls (and in some cases can be KO'd by them!), I'd say Choice Band is probably best left in OO. Besides, Choice Scarf can cripple walls already, and it has the bonus of actually being able to revenge stuff.

Sooo...

On the Scarf set, Shell Smash should be slashed in with either Stone Edge or Poison Jab. Yeah, it's weird having a boosting move on a Choice set, but in practice it works pretty well, akin to Specs Missy w/ Trick and Nasty Plot. If a wall gets tricked switcheroo'd a Scarf, it's gonna switch out. Then you smash on the free turn, and deal heavy damage the next turn (got this idea from Briyella's set in the LC teambuilding competition thread).

For the Shell Smash set, Earthquake should definitely be on there to hit Croagunk, as it completely walls Binacle otherwise
+2 180+ Atk Binacle Earthquake vs. 212 HP / 36 Def Eviolite Croagunk: 28-34 (116.6 - 141.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Also...
+2 180+ Atk Binacle Earthquake vs. 196 HP / 100 Def Trubbish: 32-38 (133.3 - 158.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO

And finally, remove X-Scissor. It doesn't hit any Grass-types that hard, since Foongus, Ferroseed, Cottonee, and Phantump are all only hit neutrally. Mention it as an other option to hit Slowpoke (since that's Binacle's best choice against it), but even after a Shell Smash it won't OHKO Slowpoke.

That's all I can think of for now .-.
Shell Smash on the scarf set is something I didn't think of, I'll add that as well.

Another thing I just thought about, the nature for Scarf should probably be Adamant with Jolly slashed second. Binacle outspeeds the unboosted meta anyway with Scarf, so a speed drop from 22 to 21 is fine if it brings its attack up a point.

Another thing I just thought about, the nature for Scarf should probably be Adamant with Jolly slashed second. Binacle outspeeds the unboosted meta anyway with Scarf, so a speed drop from 22 to 21 is fine if it brings its attack up a point.
Yeah, I think I'll change this. Binacle appreciates all the extra power it can get, and 21 speed is still good.

Expulso

Morse code, if I'm talking I'm clicking
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Some comments, HollowRidley:

- Mention how good of an attacking type Ground is besides Croagunk.
- Band set yes.
- Eviolite belongs as the first slash in the Shell Smash set; also, move a point from Speed into HP (or give Eviolite, even numbers)

Also, C&C has a new format; check out one of my analyses, it goes like this:
**Biggest threat**: this beats that really easy with its resistaces and stab attacks.
**2nd biggest threat**: yada yada

And so on. Good work!

Some comments, HollowRidley:

- Mention how good of an attacking type Ground is besides Croagunk.
- Band set yes.
- Eviolite belongs as the first slash in the Shell Smash set; also, move a point from Speed into HP (or give Eviolite, even numbers)

Also, C&C has a new format; check out one of my analyses, it goes like this:
**Biggest threat**: this beats that really easy with its resistaces and stab attacks.
**2nd biggest threat**: yada yada

And so on. Good work!
Expulso, so for the the SS set, what should the EV spread be? I don't understand what you mean by moving a point from Speed to HP. I updated with everything except the band set, as I'm still testing that out.

Rowan

The professor?
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Overview:
Binacle doesn't have a cool design, it's ugly af. js.

set:
i wanna see band/scarf basically. band is really cool wallbreaker and switcheroo band is very crippling. i've discussed the set with Goddess Briyella and we decided:

Switcheroo
########
name: Switcheroo
move 1: Switcheroo

cross chop 2hkos ferro, this gives it a niche to go on a set. poison jab ONLY hits spritzee and nothing else. that's kinda cool i guess, but not useful enough for a slash. however, still mention poison jab as an option in the moves section.

moves:
give examples of the things you're gonna be crippling with switcheroo. ferroseed, springs to mind, alongisde other bulky stuff.

set details:
adamant is recommended for BAND. to just hit as hard as possible. gives it a 50% chance to ohko gunk. guaranteed after 1 layer of spikes.

usage tips:
switcheroo cripples things, it's its primary purpose. band is more of a wallbreaker, scarf is more of a revenge killer, but both break walls with switcheroo.
move the comment about teamtes to take on steel types to team options. basically just stress switcheroo giving binacle a niche.

team options:
similar sweepers. tirtouga, carvanha for example. love switcheroo support from binacle.
trubbish deals with fighters and binacle likes spikes.

SHELL SMASH:
I don't want poison jab slashed since it can't ohko spritzee anyway. make cross chop the main slash 3, as OHKOing ferroseed, porygon and having a chance to 2hko lileep is the only thing that stops this set being outclassed by tirtouga. cottonee just encores you anyway. stone edge/ earthquake slashed in the final slot.
remove berry juice and life orb. you need eviolite to help it set up.

usage tips:
what can it set up on? give examples. fletchling and vullaby are great ones to set up on.
'If a resist is brought in, utilize a coverage move to defeat said resist and continue the sweep.' - obvious and unnecessary statement.

team options:
fighting types support with knock off and lure out, fletchling and trubbish, all of which binacle can set up on. (trubbish's Drain punch is weak.)
when talking about hazard support, trubbish should get a mention.

other options:
'Binacle could in theory run a Mixed Shell Smash set, as Ice Beam would help it get past Croagunk.' - it gets EQ... is there any other argument for a special attacking move, if not remove this.
don't mention rock polish or hone claws at all. shell smash completely outclasses.
shadow claw guarantees the KO on eviolite misdreavus and is best option vs. frillish. useless other than that though.

C&C
just group fighters together, giving timburr and croagunk particular mentions due to prio.

mention lileep with grass types.

that's about it 1/3

Goddess Briyella

Banned deucer.
I have a few additional changes as well.

• The boost to contact moves provided by Tough Claws should be emphasized more, especially on the Shell Smash set, as this is a huge advantage Binacle has over Tirtouga.
  • Razor Shell may initially sound like an inferior Waterfall, with slightly less power and accuracy, but its generous 50% chance of lowering the target's Defense can really come in handy, especially on the Shell Smash set, as it can make safe switch-ins rethink their security after they come in to tank Binacle's boosted attacks. This attack's Defense-lowering effect can often make the difference in the success of a sweep and should be highlighted.
  • Binacle's ability to take hits is very underwhelming, so it should be emphasized in the Usage Tips of the Switcheroo set that its lack of Eviolite makes it an incredible defensive liability. Even if it manages to get an Eviolite with Switcheroo, if it has already taken damage (with Choice Band this is very possible), it won't be tanking another hit very often. For this reason, add to the Usage Tips that if you're using Choice Scarf, it should be played carefully and only used to revenge an important threat or to cripple an enemy ONLY if you predict a switch. Don't make Binacle have to take damage if it doesn't have to, or it will go down rather quickly and be a huge disappointment. Also keep in mind that once you randomly outspeed something you're not supposed to, the Choice Scarf surprise will be ruined and the opponent can capitalize on this by bringing in a mon resistant or immune to Binacle's last move. Once Binacle either does unusually high damage, outspeeds something it shouldn't, or uses Switcheroo, the surprise of it is gone and then it usually isn't hard to play around, so keep the surprise intact until you can use it.
  • As you'll want to mention if you're trying to cripple switch-ins and not take much damage, be sure to list Pokemon you can actually come in on and scare away for that free turn to use Switcheroo. These include Murkrow, Meowth, Larvesta, Growlithe, and especially Fletchling. In general, Fire- and Flying types are disadvantaged against Binacle and will want to escape, but Vulpix has Energy Ball with which to OHKO it easily.

QC 2/3 ♥

Goddess Briyella

Banned deucer.
Obviously you'll want to come in on the resisted Fire attack, not when you think they will use Will-O-Wisp. They'll switch next turn anyway, so even if you get burned, you still get the Switcheroo off and the burn can be healed by a cleric. The point of it being able to force a switch to use Switcheroo safely against Fire-types is not disproved by the threat of burn, though yes, that is something you'd want to be wary of.

Overview:
Binacle doesn't have a cool design, it's ugly af. js.

set:
i wanna see band/scarf basically. band is really cool wallbreaker and switcheroo band is very crippling. i've discussed the set with Goddess Briyella and we decided:

Switcheroo
########
name: Switcheroo
move 1: Switcheroo

cross chop 2hkos ferro, this gives it a niche to go on a set. poison jab ONLY hits spritzee and nothing else. that's kinda cool i guess, but not useful enough for a slash. however, still mention poison jab as an option in the moves section.

moves:
give examples of the things you're gonna be crippling with switcheroo. ferroseed, springs to mind, alongisde other bulky stuff.

set details:
adamant is recommended for BAND. to just hit as hard as possible. gives it a 50% chance to ohko gunk. guaranteed after 1 layer of spikes.

usage tips:
switcheroo cripples things, it's its primary purpose. band is more of a wallbreaker, scarf is more of a revenge killer, but both break walls with switcheroo.
move the comment about teamtes to take on steel types to team options. basically just stress switcheroo giving binacle a niche.

team options:
similar sweepers. tirtouga, carvanha for example. love switcheroo support from binacle.
trubbish deals with fighters and binacle likes spikes.

SHELL SMASH:
I don't want poison jab slashed since it can't ohko spritzee anyway. make cross chop the main slash 3, as OHKOing ferroseed, porygon and having a chance to 2hko lileep is the only thing that stops this set being outclassed by tirtouga. cottonee just encores you anyway. stone edge/ earthquake slashed in the final slot.
remove berry juice and life orb. you need eviolite to help it set up.

usage tips:
what can it set up on? give examples. fletchling and vullaby are great ones to set up on.
'If a resist is brought in, utilize a coverage move to defeat said resist and continue the sweep.' - obvious and unnecessary statement.

team options:
fighting types support with knock off and lure out, fletchling and trubbish, all of which binacle can set up on. (trubbish's Drain punch is weak.)
when talking about hazard support, trubbish should get a mention.

other options:
'Binacle could in theory run a Mixed Shell Smash set, as Ice Beam would help it get past Croagunk.' - it gets EQ... is there any other argument for a special attacking move, if not remove this.
don't mention rock polish or hone claws at all. shell smash completely outclasses.
shadow claw guarantees the KO on eviolite misdreavus and is best option vs. frillish. useless other than that though.

C&C
just group fighters together, giving timburr and croagunk particular mentions due to prio.

mention lileep with grass types.

that's about it 1/3
Corkscrew, quick question, where do you think a Band set should go? Before or after Choice Scarf?

Edit: oops, I'm dumb, Band and Scarf are the same set lol, sorry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)