Binge (Weatherless)

Binge

Hey guys Gengarnemisis here. Im just showing you guys a team I made that has brought me alot of success on the ladder and also is alot of fun to play. My goal with this team when I first started was to make a balanced offense of team with no weather. Balanced offense is my favorite team type, even though rain offense and hyper are probably easier to ladder with.

Team at a Glance

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Team In Depth

Hydreigon @

Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpAtk / 252 Spd / 4 Atk
Mild Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Superpower
- Roost

First we start out with the best wall breaker in the OU metagame, and my personal mid-game hole opener. Hydreigon is also my win condition when facing a stall team, as most stall teams hate to see this guy on the oppostion. Draco Meteor kills anything and everything that doesnt resist, not a single offense mon isn't getting k0'd by it. Fire Blast is for downing steels who think they can switch in and than get roasted, especially usefull for the pesky scizor. Superpower is great for getting rid of ttar and letting me hit heatran and the pink blobs reasonably hard. Roost allows me to stay around pretty much forever. This guys wall breaking abilities really helps tear holes in the oppositon.

Terrakion @

Trait: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge

Terrakion is great at getting rocks up fast and efficiently which is what I like about this set. I needed to put rocks on this guy because Jirachi without protect makes me vulnerable to tornadus-t, and terrakion does an amazaing job at setting rocks anyways. Taunt is good for keeping rocks from being set up on me, especially usefull against deoxys-d teams. Close Combat and stone miss obviously for tearing through steels and just about anything. Terrakion is needed for checking fire types like heatran and disposing of steels.

Garchomp @

Trait: Rough Skin
Jolly Nature
- Outrage
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Fire Fang

Garchomp is an all around great pokemon in my eyes, and Choice Band Garchomp is just a beastly set. I don't see cb chomps too often and I dont see why, garchomp seems like a perfect cb'r, with his great bulk and decent speed, backed up by sky high attack and great stab. This thing can break through anything, 2hk0ing even gliscor. Garchomps typing comes and handy too, helping me especially against sun teams, killing everything with extremely strong earthquakes. Garchomp is great for breaking up teams mid-game and with his pretty good speed I clean even pull off some late game sweeps with his powerful outrage.

Jirachi @

Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 Hp / 224 SpDef / 32 Spd
Careful Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Iron Head
- Body Slam

This guys mainly here for 2 reasons, the lati twins and tornadus-t. Without him Im pretty much getting 6o'd otherwise. He works great with my "slower" dragons checking the lati's who are the most common switch in after Hydreigon or chomp score a kill. A easy switch into jirachi and than a chance to threatan with paralysis. Paralysis also really helps me out as my team is a bit slow and it makes running over teams even easier. This guy serves as a essential specially defensive back bone to the team, protecting me from many threats, his wish passing is also greatly appreciated by my frailer sweepers. This guy and thundy-t give rain teams complete nightmares!

Alakazam @

Trait: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 SpAtk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power Ice

Looking at my team I was kind of scared because I was missing not only priority but also a scarfer, I needed a reliable revenge killer. Alakazam with a focus sash was the perfect guy for the job. He can seriously check so many threats its amazaing, like venusaur, salamence, garchomp, dragonite, gengar, terrakion, keldeo, landorus, toxicroak and so many more that I can't even think of. And when hes not revenge killing a threat hes either cleaning up a team late game or absorbing a predicted status. The only thing I dislike about zam is he offers no synergy what so ever with his low defenses, but since hes a revenge killer and amazaing what he does hes a very good team member.

Thunderus-T @

Trait: Volt Absorb
EVs: 252 SpATk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power Ice
- Agility​

On every team I make I need a sweeper that can end the game in a bang, and thunderus-t is my main choice. This thing tears rain teams right in half, single-handly. After Hydreigon and the rest of my team have blown enough holes its easy to set up an agility and plow right through a offenseive team in a matter of seconds. I chose thundy-t over something like landorus mainly because of his resistances are great, and his offenseive typing allows me to just tear through a rain team. Not much can stop this guy from cleaning up a team late game.

Final Glance

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thanks for reading, all rates are greatly appreciated!
Importable

Alakazam @ Focus Sash
Trait: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 4 Def
Timid Nature
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Shadow Ball
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast

Garchomp @ Choice Band
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 Def
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Fire Fang
- Outrage

Terrakion @ Focus Sash
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 SDef
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Taunt

Thundurus-Therian (M) @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 4 Def
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Agility

Jirachi @ Leftovers
EVs: 224 SDef / 252 HP / 32 Spd
Careful Nature
- Protect
- Wish
- Iron Head
- Body Slam

Hydreigon @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 4 Atk
Mild Nature
- Fire Blast
- Draco Meteor
- Roost
- Superpower

Hello,

Looking at your team, it's weak a bit to rain teams because it hasn't a solid water resistor, for example, Keldeo can give you a lots of problems. To solve this weakness, I suggest you to use Special Defensive Celebi, replacing Hydreigon which seems the most useless pokèmon in your team. Celebi can tank easily strong water attacks and it can also check very well Rock Polish Landorus which can be another problem for your team because it beats easily Garchomp, Jirachi and Terrakion and after one Rock Polish can 6-0'd you quite easily. I will post Celebi's set below in this same rate. Then, I found a weakness to setupper, pokèmon like Dragonite, Salamence and Lucario after one Dragon Dance / Sword Dance are problematic for your team and in many chances Focus Sash Alakazam can't beat them because Focus Sash can be broke before that setupper use their setup move. Therefore, I suggest you to change Thundurus-T's item into Choice Scarf and to change Agility into Volt Switch because Agility in combination with Choice Scarf is pretty bad and Volt Switch is useful to gain momentum. Choice Scarf Thundurus-T allows you to revenge-kill some threats like Dragonite, Salamence, Terrakion and so on more easily so I think it's fine for your team.

Anyways, very cool team! Here's the set you should use:

Celebi @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 232 SDef / 24 Spd
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Recover
- U-Turn
- Giga Drain
- Perish Song

I hope I helped, good luck!

Hi, there

How will I notice a big weakness to Fight moves especially Choice Band Terrakion, especially in the Rain spam Keldeo Scarf / Specs and also with Rock Polish Landorus, moreover, these are three Pokemon that at least 2 of them are easy to find them together in the same team.
Now to solve these problems propose some modifications, the first is put Rotom-W specially defensive> Hydreigon for countering the various water that are found in Rain team and especially Keldeo, while for riolvere the weakness fight in particular to Terrakion suggest Landorus-T bulky> Alakazam. Hydreigon and Alakazam are the weaker members of the team, as not to upset things too much they seemed the most appropriate place to raise for the team.
At this point, the team entered the bulky T-Landorus can also change the moveset of Terrakion and Garchomp to make them more functional, we can lift Stealth Rock from Terrakion as Landorus will place the T-transform and its set in Choice Band Terrakion , putting Sub Garchomp Swords Dance. In this way you still have a powerful revenge killer, attacks Choice Band Terrakion them may be safely FEW Pokemon, especially Close Combat and Stone Edge, the two STAB favorite.
I chose to give Choice Band Terrakion, because it is better than Garchomp as a Choice Bander view the highest speed and attack only one point lower now as it was useless to keep the same team is that Garchomp with Choice Band Terrakion, Garchomp the transformed in Sub Swords Dancer, which works fine.
One last modified that I did was on Thundurus-T, I removed Life Orb for Leftovers, without Rapid Spinner in the team, with Stealth Rock septate on your field, plus let's assume that you are against a Sandstorm, Thundurus-T would not no time to attack, while Leftovers make up for this. Then, oh well I think it was a distraction but I have changed the nature of Modest.
Here is the team settled. Of course, all the amendments set I tested myself on Showdown and I must say that the ME team that runs better, looks like you will find you^^
Good luck!

Team
Landorus-T (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 64 Atk / 192 Def
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stone Edge

Rotom-W @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 64 Def / 192 SDef
Calm Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Pain Split
- Thunder Wave

Garchomp @ Salac Berry
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Substitute
- Swords Dance

Terrakion @ Choice Band
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Quick Attack

Thundurus-Therian (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Agility

Jirachi @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 224 SDef / 32 Spd
Careful Nature
- Protect
- Wish
- Iron Head
- Body Slam

hey friend! nice team I really like, but I would put Garchomp sworddancer and choice band Terrakion! however, you are weak in any Ice-type pokemon I would recommend you put some kind of pokemon fire as Heatran! for the rest I have nothing to say as the team is already perfect in his!
good luck! :D

Reymedy

ne craint personne
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Hi dude, nice to see a RMT from you, let's give you a rate :)

First, I'm not gonna repeat too much what has been said, without a Scarf you're weak to a lot of things in an offensive team like this. Moreover the syngergy, while not horrible, isn't too great either. You patched it by adding a Jirachi who is a good switch in, if not the best, in OU.

So, the weaknesses I saw, to be brief :

- Weakness to Scarf, like Keldeo, Terrakion. In fact you can only send Alakazam and rely on the Sash for these scarfers. A good player will realise in the blink of an eye that he must just keep them away from the revenging Alakazam to win.

- Weakness to Weavile :D. Yes you kinda knew I would say that don't you ? :p
But to some extent, Mamoswine will also give you big big troubles, he kills almost everybody on his own and the priorities will screw you.

On the other hand, you're not so weak to Tornadus-T. I mean, even if he kills someone, you can always set-up Thundurus-T right after. That's why I believe there is a mistake in the team building, since Jirachi's job overlapses with Thundurus-T's one in my opinion. I'll try to patch it, and change the Jirachi/Garchomp combo. I don't want to take Hydreigon or Alakazam away from you, and I believe Thundurus-T is "okay" here.

So, as said, you lack some resistance to Water, and to me, you're not totally fin against Scarfers.
The changes I propose, make this team go the offensive way even more, you wanted a balanced team, but it's kinda hard to build with a Lead Terrakion, an Agility Thundurus-T etc.. without ruining the tempo of the team.

Nonetheless, here are my changes, and if you want me to do a more "balanced offense" oriented rate, just ask me dude !

Starmie @ Choice Scarf
Natural Cure
40 HP / 252 SpA / 216 Spe
- Hydro Pump
- Psychic
- Ice Beam
- Rapid Spin

The EVs are here to outspeed ScarfTios.
Starmie is another security net against Keldeo/Terrak and any Scarf in general. You can punish Mamoswine with this pokemon.
The Scarf on him is not common at all, so there are many opponents that you will catch off guard with this set.

Dragonite @ Lum Berry
4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Multiscale
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Extreme Speed

One of Starmie's best partner, if not the best. Another Water resistance that comes handy because you can set-up on many bulky waters.
With Multiscale, and with Scarf Starmie, you can almost always save a turn to Dragon Dance. So in the end you'll be faster, strong than Garchomp and not locked in anything. The Earthquake is really useful because without Garchomp, Heatran or Jirachi could wall the team big time.

Those two pokemons over Jirachi and Garchomp. Someone people may be afraid of the lack of a Steel, don't be, you have everything you need against Dragons to me with Starmie and Alakazam.

I would also change Taunt for Sword Dance on Terrakion, Deoxys-D teams can have Miror Coat, ruining your start pretty badly. On the other hand, Sword Dance fits a fast paced game, where you can surprisingly break walls, and not be revenge killed thanks to Focus Sash.

I hope that I helped, as I said, if you believe the changes are too offensively oriented, tell me.

TL;DR :

Scarf Starmie and DD Nite over Chomp and Jirachi
SD on Terrak over Taunt

EDIT : Oh, and something like ScarfLatios+bulky water like Rotom-W would work also, but it may be a little less punchy.

You are missing a solid water resist and a speedy threat(scarfer).
You may want to try Kingdra over Thundurus-T. It can play the special sweeper role just the same, 4x resists water, and has ridiculous speed in rain.
I also don't see the point of CB Garchomp. Powerful EQs to break up sun? Why not use Hippowdon? You already have Jirachi, Terrakion and Alakazam that work with Sandstorm. It also makes you less weak to rain offense.

@Alexander. hey thanks for the rate! I especially like the idea of your celebi but I'm unsure of slapping a choice scarf on thundy as Ive been having a lot of sucess sweeping with him. Nonetheless I'll test them both out thanks!

@Mr.Green thanks for the rate the man, Ill def try your suggestions out!

@Darkhim thanks :) I would hate to lose rocks on my terrakion, but ill give it a shot!

@Remedy hey friend :) thanks for returning the favor :P I really like your suggestions and honestly I'm fine with becoming a little more offense orientated, I like the scarf starmie idea it really intrigues me, and dnites all around good ofc....! Ill give your suggestions a whirl! (i got a lot to do haha)

@youngjake93 Hey man thanks for the rate, although my team may look really weak to rain, for a reason I cant explain rain teams are'nt that big of a deal to me. Id rather not use hippow as this is a weatherless team, but kingdra really looks interesting and I have some good experience with that mon.

Neliel

Sacred Sword
Hey,

The team you have here its quite good so nice work! I dont see so many problems with it, but i think you can try a different wallbreaker instead of Hydreygon for a couple of reason ill explain later. The pokemon im talking about is Latias. For sure hydreigon is nice at wallbreaking, but Latias has a few advantages that your team can benefit. First, its not weak to fight but it resists it. This means that Latias will do a better work checking things that may can be a problem for this team, mostly Breloom (already checked for sure, but alakazam has very bad defenses and you rely on sash to kill loom, same is for thundurus which is sr weak, bad defenses and orbed) keldeo, which your team really does not like at all, then again you rely too much on alakazam and his sash, and why not sheer force landorus, which can be a problem if alakazam has his sash broken. Latias basically does the same work, spamming strong Draco meteor, with his better speed is also able to outspeed more things without the fear of being outspeeded by everything, and it still has Roost to recover orb damages. You obviously lose Superpower, which is not that needed here i think, Tyranitar basically lose to every other pokemon in this team, and the rare blissey is nearly 2koed by psyshock anyway. Speaking about the lack of the fire move, ill fix this problem later, but if you think that ferrothorn, scizor ect are still a problem, you can just put hidden power fire instead of the standard surf.

Now i honestly would switch the role of garchomp and terrakion here. Lets face it, garchomp may seems good at first, but the fact it relies on locking into outrage to do heavy damage really sucks, and your opponent can take advantage of this to setup with some steel pokemon. If you lock into earthquake in other hand, you will have probably half of the metagame that can setup on you with levitate of the flying type. Cb terrakion its better because it put way more pressure to the opponent, its stabs are unresisted and your opponent will have to think about twice switching in something on you. It doesnt lock with CC and it has an overall better speed. Now i think you can use this set on Garchomp; Stealth rock / Fire blast / Earthquake / Outrage. Its really good to set up stealth rock since its bulk lets you take nearly every non supereffective move, fire blast here is perfect to catch Skarmory, Ferrothorn, scizor and all the other steel types for great damages and it somewhat fix your lack of fire blast (you were probably never going to do fire fang i guess) while earthquake and outrage are your main moves to damage your opponent. As for the item, you can chose yache berry, that lets you resists ice beams from scarf toed for example, or focus sash if you think you also need to resist dragon moves.

Now just a little nitpick, i dont think psyshock on alakazam is good without calm mind. You will never 2ko chansey, and you will just risk to miss a ko due to the lack of base power.

-->
Latias (F) @ Life Orb
EVs: 72 HP / 184 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Roost
- Surf / Hidden power fire

-->Terrakion @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- X-Scissor
- Sacred Sword

Garchomp (M) @ Yache Berry / Focus Sash
Trait: Sand Veil
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Outrage
- Fire Blast
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock

Psyshock--> Psichic

this team is pretty awesome but I would definitely put a defensive landorus t over terrakion because of dragonite and terrakion and such. Also no need for max speed on thundurus t just run enough to outspeed scarftios at +2. It leaves you with 337 HP iirc. Also shadow ball on alakazam doesnt really hit anything important I would definitely use encore/calm mind. Also try psychic on alakazam because you are a bit weak to conkeldurr, and after +1 defense conkeldurr can take a psyshock easily and retalitate with drain ounch and mach punch for a kill, with leftovers and drain punch healing back most health. You could also use CB terrakion and landorus t over garchomp if you want to.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)