1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!

Biohazard

Discussion in 'BW OU Teams' started by Gary2346, Mar 10, 2013.

1. Gary2346

Gary2346 A filthy casual
    is a Contributor to Smogon

[​IMG]BIOHAZARD[​IMG]

[​IMG]

After months of using my last team, I started to realize that there are so many hidden gems that when put to good use, can be outstanding. Mienshao was just one of the many underrated threats that seem to get little to no use in OU, and it's such a damn shame. People need to start venturing out of their comfort zone when choosing a team instead of just using the same old OU Pokemon that do so well. Sure they'll win you a lot of battles, but you sure are missing out. Underrated threats have always been one of the most dangerous of all Pokemon, because of how often they tend to catch many off guard, not knowing exactly what they're going up against. Mienshao for example, was a perfect example of that. This time, I decided to actually build a team around an OU Pokemon that's sometimes labeled, "Not fit for OU anymore". When I first heard about this labeling, I wanted to see it for myself if it was true or not. Sure I've seen people use it, but they never seem to use it the way it's meant to be used. Enter, Reuniclus. After I started using it's Calm Mind set, I began to agree with the majority of players who took this thing as just another lousy set up sweeper. All you need is a solid answer to it, and it's fine. But, I dug a little deeper, and found out something it could do better then just spam Calm Mind. What I found strikes terror into players. Anything that crosses it's path falls to its knees, and begs for mercy. All in takes is one turn, and I've already won. Trick Room Reuniclus. The name always seems to makes players wince. Even Scizor and Tyranitar don't stand a chance against this thing once it uses Trick Room. Everything is out sped, everything is slaughtered, everything goes down. It's always one of those Pokemon that everyone fears when they see it on the team preview, and all they do is pray the entire battle that it sets up Calm Mind and not Trick Room. I know this is true, because I've seen players say GG even at the beginning of the battle when the battle feed says, "Reuniclus Used Trick Room". I made this team to prove a point, just one little simple point; Reuniclus will fuck you up.

[​IMG]TEAM BUILDING PROCESS[​IMG]

Team Building (open)
    [​IMG]
    I love building a team around an individual Pokemon, and Reuniclus was something I've always been interested in. Although it's CM set is no pushover, I've always seemed to lose against a Trick Room set. So, I took up the challenge of building a team around the bastard, and holllyyy shit is this thing good. Trick Room makes Reuniclus nearly unstoppable, and with the right support Reuniclus can tear any team apart. His all around great bulk, amazing ability, above average Special Attack, and blistering speed under Trick Room makes him such a huge threat. Definitely glad I took up the giant green fetus.

[​IMG][​IMG]
    Since Reuniclus' biggest roadblocks are Steel types, a Fire type was pretty much a necessity. Heatran provided not only an answer to Steel types, but also a Stealth Rocker, and an amazing offensive power house. I've never really had a successful team that lacked Heatran, he's just that good. Without him, Reuniclus would have a lot of problems sweeping bulkier teams.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Breloom is...Breloom. He's one of the most dangerous Pokemon in the tier, and can tear teams apart like it's nothing. He provides the team with another important task, and that's killing special walls. Since Blissey, Chansey, and even Jellicent have little to no problem walling Reuniclus, Breloom is here to handle all of them with little to no problem. Not just that, but bulky Water types in general. He's also a back up sweeper, and can sweep teams just as good as Reuniclus can.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    With Dragon and Fighting types running rampant through OU, a physical wall is almost a necessity. Skarmory is probably the best physical wall in OU, since it not only has sky high defense but also has access to an instant recovery move. He also provides the team with Spikes support, which makes Reuniclus' job that much easier. Possibly one of the most important members of the team.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Latias is the definition of a bulky attacker, and that's just what her job is on the team. With the right EVs, she can take pretty much any attack and deal back the pain hard. With access to Recover and awesome coverage, Latias acts as more of a sponge that works well at wearing down the opponents offense. Although she lacks the raw power of her male counterpart, her niche on my team is completely different then what Latios would bring. She's a great member of the team, and she's another underrated threat that deserves more usage. Also, my team was lacking a fast attacker, and she's a great choice for the role.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    My team still lacked speed, and finding a Choice Scarfer was an awfully hard process. I couldn't really think about an ideal choice for the role, as most of my team could already handle most of the tier, and most of the Scarfers that come to mind had little to no synergy with the rest of my team. After looking for a while, Landorus-T founds its way on to my team. Scarfed Landorus-T provides the team with a better answer to Sun teams, Jirachi, and set up sweepers like Volcarona, Salamence, and Gyarados. His ability allows him to switch in quite often, and his immunity to Spikes and Toxic spikes allow him to switch in with little to no problems. A very underrated Scarfer that deserves some lime light.​

[​IMG]TEAM LAYOUT[​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Hilarious Battle: http://www.pokemonshowdown.com/replay/ou11704165

[​IMG]INDIVIDUAL ANALYSIS[​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    "The Disease"
    Zaire the Reuniclus @ Life Orb [​IMG]
    Trait: Magic Guard
    EVs: 192 HP / 64 Def / 252 SAtk
    Quiet Nature
    IVs: 0 Spd
    - Trick Room
    - Psychic
    - Focus Blast
    - Shadow Ball

Before I begin the description, I just wanted to give you guys insight on the meaning of Reuniclus' nickname, and the meaning of the RMT title. Reuniclus reminds me of a fetus, but at the same time it reminds me of a virus. I don't know why, but Reuniclus just has the kind of virus look to it, and it inspired me to name the RMT Biohazard, since biohazard literally means "Biological Hazard". Most of you probably still don't get the meaning of his nickname, "Zaire", but for those who do get it, doesn't it make perfect sense? Zaire is a form of the Ebola virus, which as many of you probably know, is considered one of the most dangerous species of virus on the entire planet. If Ebola were to spread across the entire nation, scientists compare the outcome to be similar to a Zombie Apocalypse. Basically, it would mean the end of mankind. There are four main strands of Ebola, Zaire being the most dangerous. Zaire's side effects are terrifying so I wont go into detail, but the main term used to describe the effects of Zaire is the term "Crash and Bleed Out". Zaire also has a 90% fatality rate, and is considered incurable. After saying all that, I feel you now realize why Reuniclus is named Zaire. It's so devestating to teams, that I like to compare it to one of the most deadliest virus on Earth.

Trick Room Reuniclus is the definition of anti meta game. With the OU tier being primarily fast paced offense, Reuniclus fits right at home in OU by completely using that strategy to its own advantage, simply with the touch of a button. After talking to several people about Reuniclus and hearing ignorant posters bashing the hell out of Reuniclus, I decided to try the supposedly, "Unfit for OU Pokemon". After using it, I came to realize what people are missing. If you are an avid OU player, you should know how dangerous Reuniclus is. Every experienced OU player has witnessed Reuniclus in action, and every experienced OU player has learned to fear it. I'm not kidding, every time I see Reuniclus on the team preview I shit my pants. Calm Mind Reuniclus isn't bad at all, but I think Latias is a much better CM sweeper. Trick Room Reuniclus however, is probably the only user of Trick Room that can solely execute the strategy without having to be on a Trick Room based team, making Trick Room Reuniclus really good, even on non TR Teams. My Reuniclus is obviously Trick Room, with the EV spread being standard for maximum power, lots of bulk, and slow as molasses. However under TR, it's one of the fastest offensive Pokemon in the game. Life Orb is to take advantage of it's ability Magic Guard, which protects it from recoil and the residual damage from Weather, status, and hazards.

The goal of Trick Room Reuniclus is to clean up mid to late game. Depending on how easy it is to get in Reuniclus and how bulky the opposing team is, Reuniclus can also come in and and break down the opponents offense early on in the battle, making it much easier for the rest of my team to tear the opponent apart. Reuniclus' move set is also quite standard, and gives Reuniclus near perfect coverage. Although some prefer to use Hidden Power Fire over Shadow Ball or Focus Blast, Heatran and Breloom deal with most of the Steel types that would stand in its way. Psychic is an incredibly powerful STAB move that decimates everything in it's path. Super effective hits always result in a KO, and neutral hits always result in a 2HKO, some still resulting in a KO. Psychic and Trick Room go together like peanut butter and jelly due to the prevalence of fast Fighting types like Keldeo, Terrakion, and priority Breloom, and it's also useful against Chlorophyll sweepers such as Venusaur, who under Trick Room are incredibly slow. Focus Blast is an incredibly important move for Reuniclus to have in it's arsenal, since it OHKOs Tyranitar, who is arguably the greatest answer to Reuniclus. It's also good for dealing solid damage to anything that resists Psychic, and if Steel types are still present, it can still handle them quite nicely, mainly Forretress and Ferrothorn who have no reliable form of recovery and the latter being weak to it. Shadow Ball rounds off the set by giving Reuniclus a solid answer to other Psychic types such as Latios, Latias, and Celebi, while also dealing solid damage to max specially defensive Jellicent.​

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    "The Steel Killer"
    Furnace the Heatran @ Air Balloon [​IMG]
    Trait: Flash Fire
    EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Timid Nature
    - Fire Blast
    - Earth Power
    - Hidden Power [Ice]
    - Stealth Rock

Offensive Heatran is probably one of my favorite Pokemon to use in OU. Sporting a massive 130 base special attack and all around great bulk, Heatran is a forced to be reckoned with. His main role on the team is to dish out powerful attacks such as Fire Blast and Earth Power to deal with Steel types and opposing physical walls that can resist most of Reuniclus' moves. He also is the teams Stealth Rocker, which also helps Reuniclus in the long run since it further weakens down the opponent. The EV spread is quite explanatory, as max speed lets it out speed Defensive Gliscor and Adamant Dragonite, both who are OHKOed by HP Ice, and preventing Heatran from having to waste his Air Balloon. Speaking of Air Balloon, it's probably one of the most essential items Offensive Tran can carry. It prevents Heatran from being trapped by Dugtrio, while also giving it a free immunity to Ground attacks, giving Heatran a chance to actually take down Garchomp and Landorus. Since Sun teams are also a problem to this team at times, Heatran pretty much completely solves that problem.

Offensive Heatran is quite the force. A simple move set with three attacking moves hits most of the tier for super effective damage, while also severely denting pretty much anything. Like Reuniclus, Heatran's move set is quite standard for an offensive variant. Fire Blast is a super powerful STAB that OHKOs every steel type and Grass type in the tier bar Specially defensive Jirachi and Celebi in the Rain. Coverage against Steel types are incredibly important for Reuniclus to succeed, making Heatran a very valuable team member. Earth Power is mostly for opposing Heatran lacking an Air Balloon, and it's also used for Tentacruel on the switch as well as opposing Fire types such as Ninetails, Infernape, and Victini. Hidden Power Ice gives Heatran a pseudo Ice move which rounds of his set quite nicely, giving him a weapon against Gliscor, Landorus, and Dragon types. Since almost all of the Dragons in the tier are x4 weak to Ice, Heatran can net some surprising KOs against Dragonite after Stealth Rocks, Garchomp, and Salamence. Stealth Rocks is the most important move in the game, and it helps Reuniclus sweep by weakening down opposing Scarfers and heavily crippling the dreaded Volcarona. Stealth Rocks is the first part of the hazard core on my team.​

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    "The Powerhouse"
    Marijuana the Breloom @ Life Orb [​IMG]
    Trait: Technician
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    Adamant Nature
    - Mach Punch
    - Focus Punch
    - Bullet Seed
    - Spore

Honestly, there isn't too much to say about Breloom. Everyone knows just how dangerous Breloom is in this meta game, and how with only one turn of set up Breloom can KO half the tier with a STAB boosted priority Mach Punch. Similar to Heatran, Breloom is one of the most important members of my team. Since Reuniclus has a huge problem breaking through special walls such as Blissey, Chansey, and Jellicent, Breloom is here to help. Breloom provides the team with priority Fighting and a solid answer to Rain teams, and also serving as the team's back up sweeper. Sometimes Reuniclus just can't find a good opportunity to come in, which is why Breloom can act as the team's back up sweeper. Spore is also a great move too, and can sometimes make it a 6-5 match just by using it. The EVs are incredibly standard, and Life Orb is there for extra power.

Just like the EV spread, everyone knows what move set Technician Breloom's generally run. Mach Punch is obvious as a Fighting STAB that's not only boosted by Technician, but also always goes first. This makes what was once a pitifully slow Pokemon, into a fast powerhouse. Mach Punch is great for cleaning up late game, but it's mostly used for the Pink Blobs, Tyranitar, and Terrakion. The choice between Low Sweep and Swords Dance is tricky. The question is, do I want Breloom to be a back up sweeper, or do I want Breloom to force more switches? Swords Dance makes Breloom nearly unstoppable, while Low Sweep provides Breloom with an alternative powerful STAB that requires precise prediction to be successful. With that said however, Low Sweep is incredibly useful for not only doing massive damage to obvious switch ins such as Latios (who is actually 2HKOed by Low Sweep)but also has good move synergy with Spore, since Breloom can now out speed switch ins such as Mence and Latios. Bullet Seed is another Technician boosted STAB that utterly decimates Water types, no matter how much bulk they have. It's a perfect move to use against Jellicent, Politoad, Vaporeon, and Gastrodon. With a Swords Dance boost, it can KO most of the tier, even resisted. Spore is one of the main reason Breloom can be so devastating. It gives Breloom a free turn of set up, or just useful for shutting down a Pokemon for the majority of the match. Spore has great synergy with Reuniclus, as it gives Reuniclus a good opportunity to switch in.​

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    "The Special Wall"
    Hydrosity the Rotom-W @ Leftovers [​IMG]
    Trait: Levitate
    EVs: 248 HP / 28 SAtk / 228 SDef
    Calm Nature
    - Hydro Pump
    - Volt Switch
    - Will-O-Wisp
    - Pain Split

Skarmory is THE definition of a physical wall, and it always has been since GSC. No matter how many new physical powerhouse GF throws at Skarmory, nothing really seems to be able to break it. Even a Adamant CB Outrage from Kyurem-B fails to 2HKO Skarmory. What about Super Effective attacks? Well, CB Garchomp fails to 3HKO with Fire Fang. That should show you just how bulky Skarmory is. Not only that, but Skarmory also provides the team with hazard support in the form of Spikes, which makes Reuniclus that much more threatening. Skarmory walls Dragons like nothing, laughs at Fighting types, and proceeds to phaze teams to death with Whirlwind, while roosting off damage that the opponent throws at it. Skarmory's typing is amazing too, because it leaves him neutral to Stealth Rocks, Fighting types, Rock types, and an immunity to Ground types. Skarmory has one of the most important roles on the team as a Spiker. Spikes can turn Reuniclus' 2HKOs into OHKOs, making Skarmory very valuable team member, and one of Reuniclus biggest assets. If you don't take down Skarmory quick enough, you're just one step closer from being torn apart by Reuniclus. The EVs are mostly standard. 224 HP EVs give Skarmory a Stealth Rock number, which lets him switch into Stealth Rock and get his Sturdy back after two turns of Leftovers. The rest is dumped into maxing out his Defense, and putting a little more bulk into his pitiful special defense.

Skarmory walls, lays hazards, recovers, spams Whirlwind. Rinse and repeat. With the amount of physical attackers in the tier, Skarmory finds it very easy to set up Spikes. Like mentioned previously, Spikes support is huge for Reuniclus, because it turns many 2HKOs into OHKOs, and rare 3HKOs into 2HKOs. Spikes is all around very helpful, as it makes it really hard on the opponent, and forces them to be careful on who they switch in. Brave Bird is a surprisingly powerful STAB that's mostly useful for Fighting types such as Breloom and Conkeldurr, while also dealing nice damage to anything else that's unresistant. Roost is what makes Skarmory so hard to take down. No matter how hard you try, if you can't 2HKO Skarmory, then you can't beat him. Only problem with Roost is that it makes him vulnerable to Ground and Fighting attacks, but at the same time makes him resilient against Stone Edge and neutral to Electric attacks. Whirlwind is one of Skarmory's trademark moves, as it keeps sweepers from setting up on him, and also shuffling around teams to further weaken them down from residual Spikes damage. I've never used a Skarmory on a serious team until now, and I must say I'm not disappointed. Skarmory is a great Pokemon, and always will be.​

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    "The Bulky Attacker"
    F-16 the Latias @ Life Orb [​IMG]
    EVs: 72 HP / 184 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Timid Nature
    IVs: 0 Atk
    - Draco Meteor
    - Surf
    - Psyshock
    - Recover

Latias was always deemed out classed by her brother, even in the early years of ADV. However, players have come to realize that power isn't everything, and Latias shows just how good a Bulky Attacker can be. Sporting a really nice 130 base special defense and 110 special attack combined with 110 base speed, Latias is no pushover. Most Latias sets you'll see are the Sub Calm Mind set, since it not only takes advantage of her bulk but also makes her extremely hard to handle after a few boosts. As the meta game has started to become more faced pace however, Latias was yet again shafted into lower usage, as Latios soared up in usage because of his instant raw power. Once BW2 came into effect, new threats such as Thundurus-T were destroying everything in it's path, and Latios was sometimes even 2HKOed by Thunder. After Genesect left the building, people began taking a different approach to Latias by using her as a bulky attacker, taking advantage of her impressive bulk and speed while giving her a Life Orb to negate the loss of the extra 20 BP that Latios has. Thanks to this curiosity, Latias has found a new found niche in OU as not only a Set up sweeper, but also a Bulky Attacker. Unlike Latios, she is able to come into a plethora of attacks such as CB Close Combat from Terrakion and Specs Hydro Pump from Politoad, while still posing a threat. On top of that, she's probably the greatest Keldeo counter in the game. Although she lacks the insane power of her brother, she has the ability to switch into something without having to worry about the repercussions. Her Bulky Life Orb tank set usually has the EVs that are used above, however they can be tweaked a bit. They give her max speed, and a decent amount of bulk to help her avoid the 2HKO from CB Terrakion's Close Combat after Stealth Rocks. Life Orb is for extra power.

Latias always seems to find her way onto my team. Her bulky Life Orb set is phenomenal, and this set acts as more of a hard hitting special wall, being able to come into Rain boosted and Sun boosted Water and Fire Attacks without having to worry about the 2HKO. For example, she can come in on Thundurus-T's Thunder and threaten it with Draco Meteor, or even Surf in the Rain. Draco Meteor is the most powerful Dragon type move in the game, and coming off of a 302 SpA stat combined with Life Orb and STAB, it's really nothing to scoff at. Although it's not a good move to spam because of the huge SpA drop, it's often used as a nuke on a predicted switch in, or just to get off as much damage as possible before she faints. Although it's not Latios' Draco Meteor, it still does a ton of damage. Psyshock is another STAB that really puts a beating on Fighting types such as Terrakion, Breloom, and Keldeo, as well as Poison types like Tentacruel and Venusaur. Surf is primarily for coverage, and it's a great move to use against Rain teams. Surf hits Fire types pretty damn hard, and it's also a great move to use against Landorus and Gliscor. Heatran, who completely walls this set, is also shut down by Surf. Last but not least is Recover, which gives Latias an instant source of healing 50% of her health, and also negates LO recoil. Recover is what makes this set so deadly, since Latias is already hard to take down.​

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    "The Bulky Revenge Killer"
    Fever the Landorus-T @ Choice Scarf [​IMG]
    Trait: Intimidate
    EVs: 32 HP / 252 Atk / 224 Spd
    Naive Nature
    - U-turn
    - Earthquake
    - Stone Edge
    - Hidden Power [Ice]

Finding the correct Choice Scarfer is always somewhat of a pain. They have to have good synergy with the rest of the team, and also provide the team with a solid offensive presence in order to revenge kill common threats. After having a hard time finding the correct partner, I happened to stumble upon Landorus-T, another Pokemon that I've yet to use on a team. Ever since I slapped a Choice Scarf on him, I've never looked back. With a gargantuan Attack stat, Intimidate, and relatively mediocre speed stat, Landorus-T screams Choice Scarf. Even with a +Spe nature, Landorus-T still has a whopping 388 attack stat, almost as high as Adamant Garchomp. That's impressive. Speaking of Garchomp, you may be asking, why use Landy when there's Garchomp? There are several reasons. The first one is Landorus-T's sky high attack without the need of a positive nature. The second is his amazing ability Intimidate, which makes it very easy for Landorus to come into physical attacks. Third, he's immune to Spikes and Toxic Spikes. And last but not least, Landorus has a more usable SpA stat. This lets Landorus-T run a Hidden Power of his choice, most who would usually use HP Ice to hit Gliscor who walls this set. All in all, Landorus-T is a hidden gem that deserves some recognition. Sure everyone knows about his good old Bulky Pivot set, but no one really knows just how effective Landorus can be with a Choice Scarf.

Scarfed Landorus has a rather practical move set, with only HP Ice being the wildcard. U-Turn is another advantage that Landy has over Garchomp, as it gives Landorus instant switch advantage, while doing decent damage at the same time. Earthquake is Landy's only STAB move, and coming off of 388 Attack it really hits like a truck. Landorus can OHKO max HP Jirachi 67% of the time after Stealth Rocks, which is quite a feat seeing as how bulky Jirachi really is. It's also a great move to deal with pretty much anything that doesn't resist it, and it almost rips common Sun team Pokemon to shreds. Stone Edge is a very powerful move that hits almost the entire meta game in conjunction with Earthquake. Stone Edge's main selling point is the ability to take down +1 Salamence, Gyarados, and Volcarona. It's one of Landorus-T's most helpful moves, and he honestly uses that more often then his own STAB move. Hidden Power Ice rounds off the set by giving Landorus a more reliable move to take down Dragon types such as Salamence and Dragonite without risking the Stone Edge miss. It's greatest use however is it's ability to OHKO other Landorus after Stealth Rocks, 2HKO Gliscor, and OHKO Garchomp. Landorus-T may seem out classed by other Choice Scarfers in the meta game, however Landorus-T has a ton of things going for it that make it really good at what it does, and it's a great addition to my team.​

THREATS

[​IMG][​IMG] Thundurus-T and Jolteon: Fast Electric types packing HP Ice are quite dangerous to the team. Although Choice locked Jolteon and Thundurus-T are easy to play around since I have a Thunder immunity and Heatran resists HP Ice x4, but LO and Agility sets are very dangerous. If Thundurus-T out predicts my Landorus switch in, Landorus is easily OHKOed by HP Ice, while Latias barely is 2HKOed after Rocks. Somewhat easy to work around, but require prediction.

[​IMG] DD Gyarados: Biggest threat to my team, hands down. With the lack of a an Electric type, Gyarados can find many opportunities to set up on most of my team. Even Skarmory is 2HKOed in the Rain by Waterfall. Although Landy-T can revenge kill a +1, it's always a risk switching Landy-T in unless I'm absolutely sure it's a DD set. If I somehow figure it out, then it's easier to handle. Until then though, I have to scout out it's move set. Gyarados is uncommon, but it's still quite a huge threat when I see one.

[​IMG][​IMG] No Spinblocker: Another problem if I can't take out the opponents spinner fast enough. Nothings worse then having all your hazards being spun away after several turns of set up, and that's why teams like mine usually always have a spin blocker to go along with it. Sadly, I can't really find a decent spot on my team for a spin blocker. Gengar is too frail, and Jellicent would open up my team more to Thundurus-T. I don't think they're a necessity if you have methods of dealing with spinners, however Starmie finds it quite easy to spin against my team.

[​IMG][​IMG] Ground types: Ground types aren't dangerous to my team, they're just hard to handle. Gliscor for example, is really only dealt with swiftly by Surf from Latias, and HP Ice from Landorus, who risks the Ice Fang anyway. Landorus is awfully frail so powerful special moves and even Breloom can deal with him, however lacking a solid Ice or Water type has its downfalls.

[​IMG] Mamoswine: Fuck you Mamoswine.

CONCLUSION

Thank you to all the wonderful people who supported me with all my RMTs in the past, which has given me the inspiration to create awesome RMTs like this one. I hope you guys enjoyed reading this RMT and learning a little Science lesson about Ebola :D. Anyways, feel free to rate this team to your hearts content. Like I said, there are flaws with this team, but that's what you get when you build a team arond a specific Pokemon. Hopefully you wonderful raters can help iron out the few problems with this team. Thanks again guys!​

Importable
    Please Keep Nicknames

Code:
    Zaire (Reuniclus) (M) @ Life Orb
    EVs: 192 HP / 64 Def / 252 SAtk
    Quiet Nature
    IVs: 0 Spd
    - Trick Room
    - Psychic
    - Focus Blast
    - Shadow Ball

Furnace (Heatran) (M) @ Air Balloon
    Trait: Flash Fire
    EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Timid Nature
    - Fire Blast
    - Earth Power
    - Hidden Power [Ice]
    - Stealth Rock

Marijuana (Breloom) (M) @ Life Orb
    Trait: Technician
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    Adamant Nature
    - Mach Punch
    - Focus Punch
    - Bullet Seed
    - Spore

Sky Ripper (Skarmory) (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Sturdy
    EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 Spd
    Impish Nature
    - Spikes
    - Brave Bird
    - Roost
    - Whirlwind

F-16 (Latias) (F) @ Life Orb
    EVs: 72 HP / 184 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Timid Nature
    - Draco Meteor
    - Surf
    - Psyshock
    - Recover

Fever (Landorus-Therian) (M) @ Choice Scarf
    Trait: Intimidate
    EVs: 32 HP / 252 Atk / 224 Spd
    Naive Nature
    - U-turn
    - Earthquake
    - Stone Edge
    - Hidden Power [Ice]

2. Halcyon.

Halcyon. Mad, mad love
    is an official Team Rateris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon

Hey Gary! Awesome team! I've been having fun with it on the ladder all afternoon. First of all, I want to say that Reuniclus is way too much fun, as it Breloom with Focus Punch (one quick note, is he supposed to have Focus Punch? Cause he does in the importable but not in the set you gave in the RMT). The team has a clear goal, and has the tools it needs to accomplish that goal (set hazards, force switches, clean up with Reuniclus), which makes it all the more effective and fun to use.

There aren't too many noticeable flaws with the team that you haven't already mentioned. I wouldn't say you have a "weakness" to ice, because you have Skarmory and Heatran. However, in practice, you don't have anything that can take on what normally has Ice type attacks. For instance, Mamoswine gives you trouble if Skarmory is down (which, again, you already noted). You also have trouble taking rain boosted Water type attacks, as Scarf Keldeo can KO everything with rain boosted Hydro Pump if Latias has prior damage (which is often, because Life Orb Latias is rarely ever at full health, and will mostly find herself at <90%) or if it predicts the switch and uses hidden Power Ice/Ghost. Because of this, and your desire for a spinblocker, I would suggest using Specially Defensive Jellicent.

[​IMG]

Jellicent (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Water Absorb
    EVs: 252 HP / 36 Def / 220 SDef
    Calm Nature
    - Scald
    - Will-O-Wisp
    - Recover
    - Shadow Ball

Jellicent takes care of a lot of the problems with the team. It acts as a spinblocker, it absorbs water and ice type attacks better than anything else on the team, and it can spread burns, which can cripple the likes of Mamoswine and other Ground types if need be. The only problem with Jellicent is that it does aggravate your weakness to non-choiced Jolteon and Thundurus-T.

Here's the problem, though, while I definitely think that Jellicent would be a great addition to your team, I'm completely unsure of where to put it. I feel like I'm messing with the dynamic of the team whenever I think about switching it in for something else. I still recommend the set, but I leave it to you to decide what you think you can replace with him. Sorry if that isn't very helpful :/ but if I had to say, I would get rid of either Latias 9which makes you even more weak to Electric), Landorus-T (which leaves you with only one physical attacker and no scarfer), or Reuniclus (which defeats the purpose of the team. So again, sorry if that doesn't really help.

Either way, it's a great team, and it's loads of fun to play with! Good job!

EDIT: I also noticed you have nothing that can safely switch into Starmie. Specially defensive Jellicent really helps with that, because it's never a good thing to have something die every time Starmie comes in. Leftovers Starmie only gets a 4HKO on Jellicent with Thunderbolt (252 SpA Starmie Thunderbolt vs. 252 HP / 220+ SpD Jellicent: 124-148 [30.69 - 36.63%] -- guaranteed 4HKO).
  3. jpw234

jpw234

Wow Gary, I really like this team. TR Reuniclus is quite a threat and you have a lot of offensive threats around it that synergize fairly well. However, as you noted with your inclusion of Thundurus-T and Jolteon in your threat list, you have a weakness to fast electric types. In fact fast special attackers with BoltBeam coverage are quite threatening, particularly those who will additionally pack either a Bug or Ghost type move like Jolteon, Raikou, or even lesser-used pokemon like Galvantula, who will really put the hurt on every pokemon except Heatran. Even something like Speed Boost Yanmega with HP Ground looks rather difficult to deal with. You could, of course, use a dedicated special wall like Blissey, but it would be tough to find a team slot for it and would really hurt the momentum you build up with the rest of your team. I'd like to instead replace your scarfer. Perhaps try something like this:
    [​IMG]
    Rotom-H @ Choice Scarf
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
    Timid Nature
    - Overheat
    - Volt Switch
    - Hidden Power Ice / Hidden Power Grass
    - Thunderbolt / Trick
    Rotom-H is an underrated threat in OU that deals with a lot of your problems. It resists BoltBeam coverage and as such can come in on any of the pokemon listed above and force them out or kill them with any prior damage. In addition, it deals well with a lot of the other threats you listed. Gyarados is obviously OHKOed and is outsped at +1, although you will have to predict if you want to switch it in on the first DD to ensure it doesn't hit you with Waterfall. Rotom-H beats a lot of common spinners, obviously Forretress but also Starmie, Donphan (who can't touch it outside of the rare Stone Edge), and even 2HKOing Tentacruel with Thunderbolt. HP Ice will obviously deal with Gliscor and Landorus-T, and Overheat does 83-98% to Thick Fat Mamoswine.
    I also think that Rotom-H covers most of the threats that you rely on Landorus-T for. The two things that I can think of that you might open up a larger weakness to are Jirachi in the rain, and Volcarona. First Jirachi - Landorus-T pretty much OHKOs it with EQ, but in the rain, Overheat only does about 35-42% (you're fine if it's not raining though). As far as Volcarona goes, Rotom-H isn't really touching it, particularly after a boost. Now, I don't think this cripples your team because you have Heatran for both of these threats. However you might need to tweak your set a bit to deal with this. You could, for example, switch from HP Ice to HP Rock, which will wreck Volcarona while retaining a super effective hit against most dragons, at the expense of not being able to surprise Gliscor. However, Rotom-H's HP Ice can handle those threats. This still leaves you slightly exposed, I believe, to CM Jirachi, which could be dealt with by putting Roar on either Heatran (if you went this route I would simply switch to the specially defensive set) or on Latias.
    Hopefully this helps, good luck, and enjoy this Luvdisc!

Edit: I knew I was forgetting the thing that was really threatening to this team - it's Kyurem. Really any set, but particularly the SubRoost set with Ice Beam/Earth Power, and the Choice Scarf set. With a Substitute up your only hopes of KOing it (Latias and Landorus-T) are going down, and with a Choice Scarf it outspeeds Latias anyway. Landorus-T's Stone Edge doesn't even OHKO it anyway so you're going to be in a heap of trouble. Kyurem-B could do something similar but hits on the physical side which you're slightly more prepare for, and lacks Earth Power to beat Heatran. Rotom-H will very much help here.
  4. Teemo

Teemo

This is a very awesome team! I like how well the rest of your team works with TR as well. I have one suggestion though: Bronzong -> Skarmory. Two major reasons stick out:

1. Bronzong has huge synergy with Trick Room, since Bronzong ideally has a -Speed nature + 0 Speed IV. This allows Gyro Ball to shred like a CB Scizor.

2. Bronzong is one the best counters to Mamoswine +
    Landorus at the same time, so that helps you kill two birds with one stone.

Bronzong@Leftovers
    Nature: Relaxed
    Ability: Levitate
    EV: 248 HP/ 172 Def / 88 Attack
    IV: 0 in Speed
    1. Gyro Ball
    2. Earthquake
    3. Stealth Rock/Reflect/Sandstorm
    4. Toxic

With the addition of Bronzong and Stealth Rock, you can replace Stealth Rock on Heatran and use Roar. Reflect is also a good all around option as well, mainly because once Trick Room goes up, if they have any +1 priority attackers (Breloom, Scizor, Mamoswine, Metagross, Lucario, etc) expect them to use it. Sandstorm is a niche option, however it can be useful to stop opposing weather teams. 4/6 of your Pokemon will be immune to sandstorm damage.
  5. Winry

Winry

Hello!

The threats you mentioned are pretty threatening, but I also find that sun teams with Pokemon like EQ Venusaur can be really troubling.

Firstly, I would change your Latias' effort value spread. By using 112 Hp / 114 SpA / 252 Spe, you can now more reliably counter those Keldeo, Terrakion, and sun teams while also having the upper hand vs. Thundurus-T. On Breloom, I would really keep Swords Dance. It's helpful for checking Jellicent even if you catch a burn and it also hurts the crap out of Gliscors.

Lastly, I would replace Scarf Landorus-T for Scarf Keldeo. With Latias's new EV spread, combined with your Skarmory and Reuniclus, you don't really need the niche of Intimidate, and when it comes down to it Keldeo fits better. It can beat HP Ground Volcarona, it can lategame revenge Jolteon and Thundurus-T, it can easily revenge kill Landorus and Gliscors, and it can revenge kill Gengars. With that change made, according to your threat list, I haven't addressed Jellicent. However, I don't think your Jellicent weak. Shadow Ball from Reu murders, while Latias can switch in and Breloom can easily demolish it.

I wish you luck!

Winry Rockbell
  6. Gary2346

Gary2346 A filthy casual

Hey guys! Thanks for the rates. I'm glad you guys are liking my team thus far.

@Halcyon of Light: You have no idea how many times I've been thinking about putting a Jellicent on my team. Problem is, who to replace? Latias is the only thing I can think of replacing, however she provides valuable coverage as a fast bulky attacker, and on top of that she's the only one that can take on Thundurus-T.

@Teemo: I must say, Rotom-H doesn't sound like that bad of an idea, as it can come in on pretty much any move Thundurus and Jolteon use, and pretty much obliterate them with STAB Overheat, even in the Rain. Problem with him however, is that I lose a reliable Rain Rachi check, and Rotoms coverage is very similar to Heatran. On top of that, he's weak to Stealth Rocks, which sucks for a Scarfer when you lack a spinner. I might have to test him a bit. Thanks!

@Winry: Again, Scarf Keldeo does sound tempting because it can deal huge amounts of damage against Rain teams, and on top of that really mess up Sun teams. Problem is, I lose U-Turn switch initiative, which isn't THAT important but really helpful to lead off with Landorus-T. I also again lose a more solid Jirachi check, and Jolteon and Thundurus-T will hurt my team even more, especially the Specs set. I'll also test this out.

Keep up the rates guys! At this point, I'm starting to realize that my team is heavily weak to Rain offense. See if you guys can try and solve that problem. Thanks!
  7. Winry

Winry

Latias can wall rain offense and specs ThundyT / Jolteon with my spread, and Keldeo is perfect for late sweeping rain offense. As for Jirachi, Keldeo can 2HKO while Heatran walls most variants. I hope you'll give my rate more consideration :)
  8. Teemo

Teemo

I didn't suggest Rotom, jpw234 did xD. Bronzong->Skarmory was mine.
  9. jpw234

jpw234

I do agree, Gary, that Rotom-H does have those problems, particularly with Jirachi in the rain. Another thought I had was to perhaps just swap out Heatran for Scarf Rotom-H, and then change your Landorus-T for the offensive pivot set?
    [​IMG]
    Landorus-T @ Leftovers
    EVs: 200 HP / 64 Atk / 244 Def
    Adamant Nature
    - Stealth Rock
    - Earthquake
    - U-Turn
    - Stone Edge / Hidden Power Ice
    Obviously don't use Adamant with HP Ice, use Naughty or Brave. This way you retain Stealth Rock, retain your coverage against Jirachi, and help out with your scarfer problems.
  10. Joeyboy

Joeyboy Check out my Youtube channel! JoeyboyGames!
    is a Smogon Media Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnus
    Mentor

Hey dude, got your request.

So the first thing that leaps out at me is that Rotom-W can help you out with a few of your highlighted threats, notably Gyarados, Mamoswine, and Ground types. Rotom-W is probably the single best Gyarados counter in the OU metagame as it resists both stabs, and has the Electric-type coverage that Gyarados fears so badly. Now, the most common DD Gyara is SubDD so Volt Switch alone may not be able to handle it. Rotom-W is also a top notch Mamoswine check, resisting Ice and being immune to its powerful Earthquakes, plus it can handle all of its coverage moves at least once. Rotom-W can then finish/scare Mamoswine away with the threat of Hydro Pump. Finally Rotom-W, as mentioned has the Ground-type immunity and Super-Effective coverage to deal with Ground-types.

The question is where to sub in the Washing Machine. I have to say I believe the best place is over Breloom, its between that and Reuniclus but since Reun is center stage thats a no-go.

With that handled I wanted to bring something else up, I recommend changing Heatran's Balloon to Leftovers, and Latias' Psyshock to Hidden Power Fire. Balloon, I find doesn't have a whole lot of use, I feel it was only "good" as a weak check to Excadrill way back, and as a last ditch check to DD Dragons. But Heatran loves the passive recovery of Leftovers all the time, as opposed to Balloons one use. Might be just a preference thing though. Secondly on Latias Psyshock is really only there for Keldeo and other fighters(pretty much Keldeo) and Draco Meteor will should kill(def 2HKO). HP Fire is useful because Latias can become a decent lure for Scizor who Reuniclus would loves having gone.

Anyway, I'll probably come on back here and think stuff over a little more, cool team!

Good Luck!

Sets (open)
    Rotom-Wash @ Chesto Berry
    EVs: 232 HP / 224 Spd / 52 SAtk
    Modest Nature
    - Volt Switch
    - Hydro Pump
    - Thunderbolt
    - Rest
  11. Gary2346

Gary2346 A filthy casual

Hey Joey thanks for the rate! Although your rate sounds promising, the only huge gripe I have with this is that I lose a very valuable member to my team. Breloom is hands down one of the most important members of my team due to his ability to break through bulky waters such as Jellicent who still wall Rotom-W, and most importantly Chansey and Blissey. Without Breloom, I'd have a very hard time dealing with special walls, and I don't know if I want to venture down that path. On a side note, I have indeed tired HP Fire over Psyshock and it's quite effective. The only problem with it is that it's quite pitiful in the rain, and I find it quite hard to break through even Ferrothorn or Skarmory in the Rain. Psyshock has a very important use in the Rain because it's great for checking Sub Toxic and Protect Tentacruel, and also Sub Toxicroak. Although these threats are quite minimal to the rest of my team, HP Fire finds very little use against Rain teams, and I always find myself missing Psyshock when going up against Keldeo, Terrakion, and Breloom. I hate to depend on Draco Meteor to deal with these frail threats who can easily switch out into a Steel type to counter it. Reuniclus' Psychic type coverage shouldn't really be counted since it's never going to be forcing any switches, as it only serves as a mid to late game sweeper. I think I prefer Psyshock over HP Fire for now.

Lastly, Leftovers over Air Balloon on Tran. The biggest advantage over Leftovers is Heatran's ability to be able to hit Dragonite twice with HP Ice if Stealth Rocks aren't up, thus protecting it from EQ. Also, Air Balloon makes Heatran a fantastic check to Sand Force Scarfed Landorus, and Landorus-T. Lastly and most importantly, If Heatran can get a free switch into DD Salamence, then he's almost guaranteed to take it out since Mence has to take a turn breaking its Balloon. Same goes for Mamoswine and Garchomp, Mamoswine is almost OHKOed after Stealth Rocks by Fire Blast. Leftovers is pretty tempting though to negate his lost HP from Stealth Rock switch ins, and it makes his item more useful the entire battle.

Anyways, thanks for the rate dude!
  12. Gary2346

Gary2346 A filthy casual

Bump.

Could I possibly get one more rate to see if I can fix my Rain problem? Thanks guys!
  13. Cygnis

Cygnis

Sup Gary2346
    [/QUOTE]Reuniclus is a really underrated threat that I think has full potential to be in high OU Many people don't use it for some reason. Mamoswine's coverage messes up this team and Gyarados, rain teams in general threaten this team. You have Latias which lets you have a cushion to rain teams but still, you lose to Boltbeam and Sheer Force Landorus. Looking at this team, Landorus-T is good but a flaw I see is that it is outclassed by Jirachi as a Choice Scarfer. While Landorus-T has Intimidate, Jirachi has that steel-typing that lets it come in one outraging dragons with no fear. Not only that but Jirachi revenge kills the same pokemon that Landorus-T but with the added addition of Gyarados with Thunderbolt, Mamoswine with Iron Head, dragons with Ice Punch, and lastly it flinch Jolteon and Thundurus-T to death, thundurus-T can be brought down by Ice Punch as well. This is even better when you see that they both are frail defensively. I feel like Jirachi would be much better than Landorus-T. It can also use U-Turn in any of the slots for the same momentum Landorus-T gives. while it can't revenge kill Volcarona, you have Heatran as a sun check anyways. I personally think Signal Beam is better for Reuniclus because of the ability to hit Celebi harder who walls the set and hitting Psychics for nearly the same amount of damage. The EVs give you 301 Spe which is what you need to outspeed those threats at most.

[​IMG]
    Jirachi @ Choice Scarf | Serene Grace
    Naive | 104 HP / 252 Atk / 152 Spe (or 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe)
    Iron Head | Ice Punch | Thunder Punch / Thunderbolt | U-Turn
  14. Reymedy

Reymedy They live and die by my command.
    is a Tutoris an official Team Rateris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor

Hello dear Gary[randomnumbers], this team looks definitely interesting.
    I mean, you got a weatherless, packing many of the pokemons I use, and there is a TR Reuniclus, I must share with you my thoughts !

So first, weatherless is always hard to build, and you were complaining about rains, let's see which weaknesses I can spot :

- Yeeeea, out of Latias, those Specs HPump, Keldeo (especially the Scarf version), or whatever, will do a ton to any pokemon given the paper bulk of your second water resistance. Even when some bulky pokemons in your team like Lando, Heatran, Reuniclus and Skarmory, let's be honest, pokemons hit like a truck this generation, you better have some back up plan in case Latias can't take those HPumps anymore (especially if she gets trapped, hello Ttar).

- I check your threat list I see Gyarados, I agree, I see Mamoswine.. I can somehow understand that if your Skarmory gets pressured, and I see Gliscor.. this I can't understand, what in the world could do Gliscor to Skarmory ? Seems like free layer of Spikes here, definitely not a real threat from my point of view. Thundurus can be a threat, but to be honest, this pokemon is so strong that you have to be somehow weak to it once one or two of your pokemons go down. Same goes for Lando.

- You're also weak Volcarona in fact ! Bar the rare HP Ground, note that you Heatran can't phaze Volcarona out, meaning that the butterfly can potentially stall you if it's the bulky version. Out of that, Volcarona could potentially kill the rest of your team.

Okay, next step, my point of view :

From the look of your team, it stands out to me that Skarmory is out of place, and that Landorus-T scarf does not benefit to your team.
    Landorus-T is a great pokemon, don't get me wrong, but this particular version fits on few few teams. Why ? Because it is really not the best revenge killer, but for sure a great pivot. On really offensive teams, he works wonder and can surprise and give momentum as well as given some "cheap bulk" to everything through Intimidate and with his own really good typing. But, he's supported with strong priority moves and wall breaking power. To me, you lack some wall breaking power in this team.
    Now Skarmory, I believe his role overlapses with Landorus-T and Heatran's roles. I think the situation where you really need Skarmory are rare.

Another worry is Latias. You ask too much of the pink Dragon. Latias is, from the look at your team, supposed to take big and fat Special hits, but you don't give to her the bulk she needs. Worse, you gave her Life Orb. I think you'd really benefit from increasing her bulk :)

My changes :

- I want to change Skarmory to be honest, I think you open too much your team to strong special attacker just to get an extra insurance against physical hits. I think Rotom-W would be a good mate. No, let's be honest it would be the best available and here I'm pretty confident in that. I totally support Joeyboy's advice. But I would put Rotom-W instead of Skarmory. I really don't think that you should give up Breloom, he's the motor of your team, and I have some plans for him.

- Now that you don't have Skarmory anymore, let's shift a little the team. First, I'd switch Heatran and Landorus's roles ! Giving Heatran a Scarf will totally change the offensive dynamic of your team. I think, this role for Heatran fits better your team, you can surprise kill pokemons that wall Reuniclus. And obviously, give to Landorus-T the role of bulky Pivot. .

Okay some little changes :

- Breloom, I'm gonna give you a different spread, bulkier, so you can take any hit from Scarf Keldeo (yes, even HP Ice.. not HP Fly, but who plays this crap :D). This should help you a bit, at least it's the spread that I always use now, and I never looked back.

- Latias, same goes for her. I believe that you should get a "bulkier" spread, and aim for a different logic. Since Rotom-W is here, I believe that you don't need Surf so much... well let's say that, because I want you to try something else that could help you against many set-up pokemons that could find a room on a -2 Latias (STARING AT YOU VOLCARONA).

That's "all", haha, this looks like a lot of changes ? Keep in my that you can take whatever you like in this rate, and it doesn't mean that the team is bad at all because it's not the case. There are a lot of little "fixs" here in fact.

Okay, the SETS :

Show Hide
    Rotom-W [Classic on-site set]

I don't like too too much the Rest, I really love Will O Wisp in this team, and I'd just get Pain Split because it's just too good with Rotom-W natural high defenses.

Breloom @ Fighting Gem
    Technician
    112 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 140 Spe
    Adamant Nature
    - Spore
    - Focus Punch
    - Mach Punch
    - Bullet Seed

Just try it please, this is not a trolling build. This thing OHKO Jirachi and can kill Latios with a Mach Punch. You can even catch Celebi after some residual damages. You got your 5 stars wall breaker now, with that, Skarmory gets killed. You will get those Psychic pokemons well prepared for Reuniclus. EVs to outspeed defensive Rotom-W. Out of that, Speed is pretty much useless on Breloom to be honest.

Latias : Keep the same set now that you got Rotom-W to support her. Try ThunderWave over Surf. Volcarona/Gyarados wants to set up on your -2 Latias. Watch them cry as you paralyse them. Try a 112 HP / 144 SpA / 252 Spe spread, just in case, because Venusaur is a bitch.

Heatran. Classic set with 64 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA / 188 Spe Timid. If the point of your Air Balloon was to kill Duggy, you can do it with with this set provided SR are on the field. EVs made to outspeed Nite after a DD, pretty much the fastest thing your Heatran will have to deal with.

For Landorus-T I'd go for a bulky spread with probably an Impish Nature, I don't have the spread right now, but definitely, I would not take the one on site with an Adamant Nature.

I still don't like the way Toxicroak can OHKO everything after a SD, but I guess it is normal for a team like that and, nobody on your team let him set-up, they all have a way to deal with the frog, you should be allright.

Good luck, I hope I helped.
  15. Killua kun

Killua kun

Team very nice man, I fully investigated the IV and weaknesses of your team and belonging that Mamoswine oh well, for me is the antimetagame you can get the good of all, however I would like to give you some spread that would make your team much better your team.
    Let's start with latias, has many ways of sweep, but your definitely do not think is going well, for the simple fact that you can exploit it much better! For example, I noticed that you are missing the status absorber and latias can help in this way:

[​IMG]
    F-16 (Latias) (F) @ Leftovers
    EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spd
    Timid Nature (+ Spd,-Atk)
    - Calm Mind
    - Refresh
    - Dragon Pulse
    - Recover

Refresh is of Obligation and really puts in crisis all the teams, especially the sunny team, with this speed even after 2 cm you may even win a game, you will be responsible refresh always by all annoyer and you can boost your latias and use refreshing surprise.

Well Reuniclus, the spread that you put is not the best and I want to give my own.

[​IMG]
    Zaire (Reuniclus) (M) @ Life Orb
    EVs: 160 HP / 96 Def / 252 SAtk
    Quiet Nature (+ SAtk,-Spd)
    - Trick Room
    - Psyshock
    - Focus Blast
    - Shadow Ball

This reuniclus is so bulky as to resist to a outrage of salamance to +1.
    Psyshock> Psychic, that you wanted to be stopped by chansey?
    and remember the IV: Atk 0, Spe 0

I saw you were still undecided between Sdance and low kick on Breloom, I personally would recommend you Fpunch for your spread, since after safely used spores anyone who comes after to replace the pokemon will be killed without mercy.

Skarmory to have done well to give EVs in Spe, because jellicent is usually used to outspeeding Skarmory then use taunt, however I suggest the item Shed Shell for not being trap by ghotitelle / Magnezone / Magnemite, also because of the recoil of good bird I would recommend you put peck drill :)

Obviously I hope to check out a help, gl
  16. Lan119

Lan119

I'm not really much of a team rater, but I do think that one thing could help you. Most of threats have been illustrated above pretty thoroughly, so I don't really see the need to illustrate them here. I also agree with you completely that rain teams are biggest threat. You are very dependent on Breloom and Latias to beat them, and Breloom runs life orb and is not bulky, and Latias cannot handle any sort of status when playing rain teams. Also, stuff like specs toed and lo vaporeon, as rare as it is, only need to predict your switch to destroy with Ice Beams. I also think that all of the members of this team are nearly irreplaceable, except Breloom. I know early in your thread you said that it was one of the most important members of you team. However I think that a Celebi would work much better here. It beats almost all of the threats you have listed pretty easily, except Mamoswine, which is handled by Skarmory. I can totally see why you wouldn't want to use Celebi though; it ruins almost all of you offensive momentum. So, I think you should an offensive Breloom. I have a lot of success by using a lo Celebi with HP Fire. However, if you feel that running a back sweeper is necessary, Nasty Plot, while a bit outdated, is also a completely potent set. The sets I have listed below are just the ones I have had the most success with. Nasty Plot Celebi will always be walled by something, so changing up it moves are advisable so it beat what you struggle with. I personally think that Thunder Wave on lo Celebi helps out your team the most. It may also seem a bit redundant with Latios, but Celebi functions much better against rain and takes status. I also don't think that this could go over Latias because you need the speed desperately.

Show Hide

Celebi @ Life Orb
    Trait: Natural Cure
    EVs: 220 HP / 252 SAtk / 36 Spd
    Modest Nature
    - Leaf Storm
    - Hidden Power [Fire]
    - Thunder Wave / U-Turn
    - Recover

Celebi @ Life Orb
    Trait: Natural Cure
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spe
    Timid Nature
    - Nasty Plot
    - Giga Drain
    - Earth Power
    - Hidden Power [Ice]
  17. TransparentOpacity

TransparentOpacity

I tried using this team, and Calm Mind Suicune complete sweeps the entire team. I would make Breloom jolly, or give Latias a Calm Mind set.
  18. Gary2346

Gary2346 A filthy casual

Hey guys! Thanks so much for the rates, they've really helped, and I've had a lot of fun using them.

@Cygnis: That mixed Scarf Rachi set was a blast to use, and it really caught a lot of people of guard! Problem is, I don't think it fits very well on my team, as Landorus-T has a very important role on my team as a powerful physical attacker to put the whopping on Jirachi, Celebi, and Volcarona. Without Landy, Volcarona can easily have its way with my team since Heatran lacks a phazing move.

@Remedy: Your rate was fanstastic. Replacing Skarmory for Rotom-W was a good decision, as I now have a solid check to Gyarados and Landorus and a more defense against Keldeo. Skarmory was a great team member, however I feel like Rotom-W closes a ton of doors against Rain teams and weather teams in general, which is great. I also tried the new spread on Latias, and it's also great. I prefer the bulk over the power. Also, the Breloom spread is surprisingly bulky. It can take Hydro Pumps from Politoad surprisingly well now, which lets me actually use Breloom as a counter. Heatran switching roles with Landorus-T also worked out well, and Heatran catches a lot of people by surprise, while Landorus-T is incredibly bulky and hard to take down, while being very powerful at the same time. Overall, fantastic rate, and it helped my team out exponentially.

@Killua kun: That Latias set was a monster threat! Although I found it hard to set up at times, it was amazing when it did. I don't really want to use that set on this team however, because Reuniclus is already by Psychic type sweeper, so having two sweepers of the same type is kind of redundant. Good set though, I'll probably use it on another team. Also, Psychic is much more useful than Psyshock since it packs more power. Chansey is never around when Reuniclus is sweeping anyway.

Lan119: Breloom is pretty much irreplacable at this point because without him, Bulky waters such as Jellicent and special walls such as Blissey and Chansey are very hard to handle. Celebi is walled by the pink blobs, so I can't really get rid of Breloom at this point.

@TransparentOpacity: In my entire time playing BW, I've yet to see someone use a CM Suicune in OU. It's too rare to worry about.
  19. Alexander.

Alexander.
    is a Team Rater Alumnus

Yo,

Cool team you have here. Looking at it, I see that both Tornadus and stuff such as Keldeo and Choice Specs are quite troublesome for your team, Tornadus can just spam Hurricane on your whole team and you haven't any switch into it (no, Heatran actually isn't a switch into Tornadus because you're running an Offensive EVs Spread on it and Skarmory is 2HKO'd by Choice Specs Tornadus' Hurricane so it isn't a solid switch into Tornadus too), in a similiar way, Keldeo, Choice Specs Politoed and any Pokemon which have strong water moves in its moveset is a really pain for your team since you haven't switch into Surfs and Hydro Pumps too (also here, you're running an offensive EV spread on your Latias so she can't tank strong water-type move very well and for example, Choice Specs Keldeo can just use Surf and smash your whole team when Latias dies for some reason -Latias can be easily pursuittable by Tyranitar, which is really common with Keldeo, so she isn't a VERY good check to Keldeo). To solve the weakness to Tornadus without change any member of your current team, you should a) use a specially defensive EV spread on your Skarmory or b) use a specially defensive EV spread on your Heatran instead of your current one, with a standard moveset of Lava Plume, Toxic, Stealth Rock and Protect. These solutions to your problem with Tornadus work both fine on your team in my opinion but since Dragon-types such as Dragonite, Salamence and Haxorus can be more problematic for your team if you decide to use a specially defensive EV spread on your Skarmory, then I'd go with specially defensive Heatran (use a classic EV spread of 248 HP / 252 SpD / 8 Spe with a Calm nature btw) to solve your weakness to Tornadus (obviously, you must play correctly with it since Heatran doesn't like at all Tornadus' Focus Blast; however, it should help you a lot against Tornadus).

Then, to solve your weakness to strong water-type moves in general, I'd use a Calm Mind set instead of your current one on your Latias, since Calm Mind Latias has a better staying power than the Latias you're using on your team and she can setup easily on some water-type moves such as Keldeo's Surf for example. You should use an EV spread of 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe with a standard moveset of Calm Mind, Dragon Pulse, Substitute and Recover, with Timid nature and with Leftovers of course; however, I'd try Reflect Type instead of Substitute, which would help you a lot against Pokemon such as Tyranitar and Scizor which can Pursuit without any problem your Latias, this is just an idea though (choice such as Refresh, Hidden Power Fire and Psyshock work well instead of Substitute too, so try all of them and see what's the best choice for your team). If you don't like Calm Mind Latias for some reason and you don't want to use it, then I think that Rotom-W should work on your team too, probably instead of Breloom, as JoeyBoy already said in his rate (Rotom-W would give you another solid check to Tornadus so it shouldn't be bad on your team).

Finally, I have a somewhat gimmick suggestion for you, if you want to use Low Sweep on your Breloom then you should consider to use Focus Punch on it too, which is in general a better move than Focus Punch since it has simple more fire power than Low Sweep. If you want to see how powerful is Life Orb Breloom's Focus Punch, see these damages which can help you to understand how strong is a Focus Punch boosted by Life Orb:

Show Hide

Dragonite: 394 Atk VS 226 Def and 323 HP (150 Base Power): 183 - 216 (56.65% - 66.87%)

Salamence: 394 Atk VS 196 Def and 331 HP (150 Base Power): 211 - 248 (63.74% - 74.92%)

Latios: 394 Atk VS 196 Def and 301 HP (150 Base Power): 211 - 248 (70.09% - 82.39%)

Starmie: 394 Atk VS 206 Def and 261 HP (150 Base Power): 201 - 236 (77.01% - 90.42%)

Volcarona: 394 Atk VS 166 Def and 311 HP (150 Base Power): 249 - 293 (80.06% - 94.21%)

Venusaur: 394 Atk VS 202 Def and 301 HP (150 Base Power): 205 - 241 (68.1% - 80.06%)

Skarmory: 394 Atk VS 416 Def and 334 HP (150 Base Power): 201 - 236 (60.17% - 70.65%)

Thundurus: 394 Atk VS 176 Def and 299 HP (150 Base Power): 235 - 276 (78.59% - 92.3%)

Landorus: 394 Atk VS 216 Def and 319 HP (150 Base Power): 192 - 226 (60.18% - 70.84%)

That's all I guess, Good luck with your team!

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)