1. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Bird Mafia Postgame!

Discussion in 'Circus Maximus' started by Jimbo, Apr 23, 2009.

1. Jimbo

Jimbo take me anywhere
    is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

After another day's Lynch, the birds started to return to their nests, but one of them had another plan, there would be two more deaths on this day.

"I'M GROWING RESTLESS, FUCK THIS GAME." Yelled ExplorerAce. He then took out a chainsaw and when ballistic all over the closest bird, Sir_Lu. He was completely cut to ribbons, except for a small nametag...

Sir_Lu was the carrier of the Egg, but he kept it for way too long to do anything fun with it...

The birds, all astounded with ExplorerAce's rage, failed to notice that Thorns exploded behind them, leaving a small, black, piece of paper.

Sadly for Thorns, his win condition was not fulfilled. He was able to kill two users: Flounder and Shade. However, he misfired a swarm, and he never wanted to use his 1-time Mayor ability... If he had, he would've won. (If Thorns used his swarm lynch and that person died, it would've counted as a kill for him, oh well).

"Heh, that was fun." ExplorerAce said. He then took off his cloak to reveal...

Overall EAce did very well, though I couldn't check up on him fully because he doesn't use IRC. He didn't miss any PMs though, which would've been bad considering he was his team's only killer...

"They were all so... stupid." TAY muttered. TAY then took off his mask:

TAY helped infiltrate the villager, which was good. At one point he held the Bubble Gum, which could've helped him out a bit, but it was stolen! Overall, his role was one of the more uncool ones, but he still did well. I couldn't resist giving TAY this completely fitting role too.

"Jolly ho!" said the brit Twash.

Twash used his re-direction at the perfect time, he was able to get the village's hooker Flounder killed by Thorns with it. Twash also conducted the first ever stealth lynch in Smogon mafia, which was completely awesome. He did very well. Also, the mafia didn't know, but if EAce did die, Twash would've become the killer.

And the mastermind Earthworm...

Earthworm did extremely well in this game. He immediately pulled his team together to plan, came up with fake roles, and infiltrated the village. Earthworm also masterminded the re-direction, as well as other great plans. He was going to let Thorns win, but he ended up not sending in his role PM to target Thorns. In my opinion this made for a better game, as this mafia remained untouched. 1000/10

Some other awards:

Best Villager:

Misaki-chi

:3 You organized the village extremely quickly which was great. Unfortunately you were never protected so you died quickly :( You never gave up though which was nice!

Unluckiest Player:
    Tie between Bass and demon238/Shade:
    Unfortunately for Bass, a crucial player was silenced and he was immediately targeted because of it. He could've been a very cool player, but it wasn't meant to be....

Now Demon and Shade played a role that was very funny, the "insane cop" role. Obviously, hummingbirds rush WAY too much to get accurate results all the time! His inspections had a 1/3 of getting a random role from a living player, 1/3 chance of getting a completely fake role (such as Condor and Flamingo), and a 1/3 chance of getting a real rule. This is where the unluckyness comes in: He tried inspecting Earthworm very quickly, but instead of getting his real role, he got the Parrot. Funny enough, demon238 also inspected the real Parrot, Veedrock, and got his real rule. You did well with what you got, but you shouldn't have kept trusting your results after getting the second parrot :(

Worst/Most Inactive Player:
    Jenigmat. A Martyr is kind of important, but you didn't use your ability much at all ;(

Best Player:
    Earthworm, obviously. I stated most of the reasons above, but you played pretty flawlessly.

Congrats to the winners: The Dead Birds - TAY, Twash, ExplorerAce, and Earthworm!

Thanks to everyone for playing a great game. Thank you to billymills for helping set up the game, sorry I kind of took over too much during your absence x___x

Hope I did ok for my first time running a mafia ^__^;

PS lol moment: Moi came up with "extinct birds" n0
    PPS If anyone has any questions feel free to ask now :) I don't think I missed anything.
  2. Serenity

Serenity

You didn't mention me and how I helped and how I never got subbed in -- but that's ok. :)
  3. jumpluff

jumpluff princess
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Site Staff Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

bg protect

bg protect

...anyone?
  4. Flounder

Flounder

gay

in all seriousness though, good game.

WE SHOULD HAVE LYNCHED TWASH FGSLFKGB

fucking blue_light
  5. twash

twash
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

First off, good hosts guys, this was a fun game (some of the role PMs made me chuckle).

Huge props to Earthworm. He gave us crystal clear instructions, and this is the result. Excellent playing, honestly. You could say he got lucky with the Parrot, but that doesn't take from the fact that he played perfectly. He masterminded the stealth lynch also. In fact, he practically did everything (perfectly).

Lol, TAY claimed Pidgeon, ironic.

Oh, and sorry, moot. I lied about blue_light by the way, but it was a good scapegoat for me to use. Apologies to him! ;x

[23:54] <blue_light> your lie is stupid

lol
  6. jumpluff

jumpluff princess
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Site Staff Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

sorry blue_light for distrusting you. i was inspecting you the night i died. ironically i was planning on lynching either earthworm or moi (probably not moi as we had inspected him) if you turned up ok. i was starting to get pretty paranoid. and a bit despairing once cof died, because i told the bodyguard to protect him. then the bodyguard failed to protect me. joy
  7. billymills

billymills
    is a Forum Moderator

Big props to Jimbo. He basically handled everything after the first cycle. I was always away when he was updating.

Also sorry to Bass, I am unable to spell very well!
  8. shade

shade sweet like sugar
    is a Forum Moderator

at least i blame this all on being unlucky..
  9. Thorns

Thorns

BLAH BLAH BLAH YOU DIDNT TELL ME I WASNT ONLINE BLAH
  10. Veedrock

Veedrock

Yeah, this didn't go so well. I asked Misaki to inspect me early so I could be cleared and gain the ability myself (never said I would get the ability though), forgetting that it's possible to have inspector protection (like moi's role below). This probably made me really suspicious, seeing as I only got ONE reply from the village as a whole (and that was a PM confirming Misaki could still win). I did get inspection for one night, which told me ExplorerAce was Flamingo with the FAB (I had no idea it could be fake ~_~).

Yeah, not the hottest game.
  11. moi

moi

i'm sorry i lied to you all. here is my real role pm

12. twash

twash
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

We knew you were neutral, we thought you needed the Life Orb to kill. Still, quite funny, all the deception in this game..!
  13. Flounder

Flounder

moi, why do people ever bother trusting you in mafia games

it's quite puzzling tbh
  14. Bass

Bass Brother in arms
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus

jumpluff, I still want to know who user "mystery" was.

Good game I guess, but I am still pretty bitter about how that first day went.
  15. Sir_Lu

Sir_Lu

I should've trusted Blue_Light and Bender from the beginning.

And not Earthworm ><

I kept the egg until Misaki-Chi told me to give it to RB Golbat.

Very nice play though, EW.
  16. Jenigmat

Jenigmat

eh Misaki said it'd be better if I idled, which I think made sense. If I used my power on a thief, then I'd lose my power and the other team would get a new martyr, and if I martyred a killer I'd die because Misaki had already claimed, meaning the bg was protecting her. I probably could have done a bit more in the game, but yea
  17. blue_light

blue_light

Yeah, sorry about that outburst I had on mIRC, which imo didn't really do anything since the identity of the bodyguard was already known by the mole. It was unfortunate that my role was so debilitating because it really just gave away the game after it messed up since as soon as Earthworm got into the circle and one of the inspectors died, it was really way too late to find out if my inspection results were true or not since we were basically crippled.

To be honest Twash, I am surprised you didn't get lynched after that ridiculous lie you made up and I suspected that you were mafia as soon as I talked to you, but I didn't really have any control over the village so I just went with what the others wanted.
  18. Flounder

Flounder

Yeah, I'm really confused as to why we did not lynch twash especially since he hookered and nobody died
  19. TAY

TAY You and I Know
    is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Well basically all I did this game was not arouse suspicion. Earthworm was really the mvp of this entire damn game.

I thought my false claim was pretty good! I was extremely worried that pigeon would already exist, but it fit too well with the bubble gum for me to pass it up. Also Jimbo you owe me for not giving me a better role (and not meeting up in NY).

20. E.A.

E.A.

I think our group really does owe a lot to Earthworm. I didn't know what I was doing, and now I'm certain I'll play more mafia.

Jimbo, good job with the post-game too.

For all curious people:

That was my fake role PM, which I never needed to use.

EDIT: The Italian Mafia man apologies to:
    ControllerofFlames
    Jengimat
    moot
    Misaki-chi
    Veedrock
    moi
    And of course, SirLu and Throns

For all being targets of my kills. (I think moot was the only one I didn't kill)
  21. blue_light

blue_light

TAY's fake role pm was nice I have to admit I was fooled. Earthworm did a very nice job in this mafia, if only he was half as effective in this mafia as when he was in Elements mafia, his team would not have fallen into shambles.

Funny thing is that if tennisace ever used that Sharp Beak he would have used it on Sir Lu, who I thought for sure was a mafia since his false claim to me was so retarded.

Anyway, it was a great game overall and great hosting by Jimbo (not so much billymills =p), though my role was kind of set up for failure.
  22. Thorns

Thorns

I spontaneously exploded you idiot
  23. twash

twash

Here's my fake role PM for those who don't know.

Wasn't great, and I was under suspicion for taking too long to get it to blue_light, but whatever. :)

I was going to claim Pidgeot, but then I got told tennisace was...
  24. Earthworm

Earthworm
    is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL + WCoP Winneris the Smogon Tour Season 6 Champion

Thanks Jimbo for being a good host and I'm glad we eliminated the Farm Birds while we still could.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)