Pokémon Bisharp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just so you know, the standard AV Bisharp spread is 64 HP, 252+ Atk, 192 SpD, this is a lot more effective at switching into special hits than your max hp 0 spd variant.
Makes a big difference

252 SpA Zapdos Heat Wave vs. 64 HP / 192 SpD Assault Vest Bisharp: 142-168 (49.4 - 58.5%) -- 98.8% chance to 2HKO

0 SpA Zapdos Heat Wave vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Bisharp: 222-262 (66.4 - 78.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

dialganet

Banned deucer.
The ingame Bisharp you trade for Jigglypuff (lol) has in fact Defiant, an adamant nature and max attack ivs.

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
So, what can effectively counter it then? i guess conkeldurr, but hes stopped by a lot of other things. Bisharp, you devil...
Conkeldurr can't counter if Bisharp is boosted past +2 or it switches in on a Knock Off/Iron Head, and has to deal with prediction shenanigans concerning whether or not it will just GTFO and switch to Aegislash, who can survive a Knock Off and King's Shield on you to screw you over.

Gliscor does a pretty good job against Bisharp, I think Conk may be one of the best things against it. And you can easily predict the KS on Aegislash and attack with a fighting move to avoid the attack drop. Once boosted Bisharp is a terror to deal with it, makes you rather rack up hazard damage than risk the defog.

Keldeo also deals well with Bisharp, although you may not want to directly switch into Knock Off, expecially if boosted. At this point you can just throw a Specs Scald/Hydro Pump which will heavily dent Aegislash and OHKO non Assault Vest Bisharp.

How is Knock Off a legal move when it's transfer only? I don't do Showdown yet, I just use smogon for DS battles. But in tournaments and stuff you can only use Kalos-born, right?

How is Knock Off a legal move when it's transfer only? I don't do Showdown yet, I just use smogon for DS battles. But in tournaments and stuff you can only use Kalos-born, right?
Only VGC 2014 and the special battle spot rules have the Kalos-only restrictions. With Smogon rules, you can use any kind of transferred moves.

Only VGC 2014 and the special battle spot rules have the Kalos-only restrictions. With Smogon rules, you can use any kind of transferred moves.
Ooh, okay. Is it still worth using Bisharp without Knock Off? Would he specifically be a pursuit trapper then?

Ooh, okay. Is it still worth using Bisharp without Knock Off? Would he specifically be a pursuit trapper then?
No it wouldn't. The lack of a strong STAB was what held it back in UU last gen(well, also less situations when Defiant was useful, but that's somewhat minor).

No it wouldn't. The lack of a strong STAB was what held it back in UU last gen(well, also less situations when Defiant was useful, but that's somewhat minor).
Okay, but isn't Night Slash a viable move? Is its secondary effect just not useful enough? I guess without knock off the roles it plays are better met by other pokemon. There are better Swords Dancer and better Pursuit trappers. Just no reason to use him without Knock Off. Is that about right?

Okay, but isn't Night Slash a viable move? Is its secondary effect just not useful enough? I guess without knock off the roles it plays are better met by other pokemon. There are better Swords Dancer and better Pursuit trappers. Just no reason to use him without Knock Off. Is that about right?
The problem with Night Slash is that it's just weak tbh.

i kinduv agree with the argument that night slash is still viable. I use sucker punch way more than knock off, and the buffed steel type is insanely useful. running low sweep over any dark move besides sucker punch is my way to go, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)