1. Welcome to the Orange Islands! Please remember to read the rules. Come chat with us on our IRC channel and enjoy your stay!
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  3. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Black & White Battle Subway Records (now with gen. 4 records!)

Discussion in 'Orange Islands' started by Peterko, Mar 23, 2011.

1. SimicCombine

SimicCombine

Darmanitan can be RNG'd in the wild somewhat easily. I'd try doing some calculations Latios' stats and see if it misses out on key 1HKOs with that stat spread. Good defensive synergy is very important in the Battle Subway since the AI never switches. I'm assuming Darmanitan's role is to just nuke one or two Pokemon before dying.
  2. Hozu

Hozu RNGenius
    is a Contributor to Smogon

If you're against RNG abuse or whatever consider buying White 2 so you can get a better Latios, preferably Timid.
  3. Time Mage

Time Mage

I just haven't investigated about abusing the RNG, so I'm not against or in favor of it. If it implies less time going bycicle up, bycicle down, check IVs, discard, etc, and doesn't imply using an action replay or something like that... I'm actually up for it.

Do you have any useful references for me to learn about it?

Oh, and the general idea of the team is OHKO anything that Darmanitan can, or 2HKO if the opposin pokemon won't harm it too much in its turn, U-Turn for switching doing damage when the matchup is unfavorable and for breaking sash/sturdy. Latios for the great damage, good defensive coverage being dragon and levitating (plus psychic for a very needed fighting resistance), and then Ferrothorn to wall almost anything not fighting or fire, and sub/set up.
  4. Hozu

Hozu RNGenius
    is a Contributor to Smogon

5. Marowak2000

Marowak2000

http://www.smogon.com/forums/group.php?groupid=2000 -this is the best rng guide, it's hard to get ur head round it but breeding perfect IV's is really easy once u learn how (esp if u use chatot to advance frames -that'll make sense to u one day!) the only other thing u may want to think about is how ur team will handle chandlure and rain dance teams :)
  6. The Cicada

The Cicada

so, I keep failing in double subway and decided I want a team centered around Prankster sableye, but I need advice before I go and make another fail team. can anyone help?

Also, I play white 2, and have no access to wifi, so try not to recommened pokemon i cant get w/o wifi.
  7. Marowak2000

Marowak2000

as good a support prankster saybleye is he's not going to sweep any teams himself, u need to think about what sweeper(s) u want to use and what support they need or how they can be supported by saybleye. for example any that need a turn to set up a dragon dance or calm mind etc may like the fake out and sucker punch support, or any with low def stat may like the WoW support (although WoW is not accurate enough to rely on for a long run) its a shame he doesnt give thunder wave or tailwind support as thatd make a big difference to ur team, otherwise he is more of a nuisance than a threat -tbo when i face a team with saybleye i take out all his partners first as i know once he's on his own theres not much he will do, but i understand if he's a favourite for you so just give him someone who is a monster after 1 dragon dance
  8. The Cicada

The Cicada

Haxorus?
  9. MrBrownPants

MrBrownPants

Ok, so I'm kind of new at Smogon here and not that knowledgeable of pokemon as some of you here, but I thought I'd ask a question. This deals with Double Battles: Would the pairing of Alakazam and Darmanitan be that bad of a pair? If Alakazam has Magic Guard, and Darmanitan has Sheer Force, Alakazam's speed would allow skill swap on Darmanitan first and Darmanitan uses belly drum. Now Alakazam has sheer force which means it's Psychic, Shadow Ball, and Energy ball are now 30% stonger. Darmanitan has Magic guard right before belly drum which means no recoil from Belly Drum and Flare Blitz and it has +6 Attack. This was my main thought, and wondered if anyone has any comments to make. This isn't a team I've made, however I might, and there are no other pokemon with them. It is just a thought on how those two would sync together.
  10. Little Green Yoda

Little Green Yoda

Magic Guard doesn't affect Belly Drum. The biggest issue is both Pokemon in question aren't that bulky so surviving that setup turn will be tough.
  11. MrBrownPants

MrBrownPants

Oh, I thought magic guard protected belly drum's recoil. I thought I had read that it did. And I also thought about their bulkynees as well, because your essencially giving two very powerfully Pokemon even more power. If the trick worked, it would make sense to do it two two bulkier Pokemon instead. Thank you.
  12. Jokethe1

Jokethe1

So that isn't a post about a record actually but it's a video of a shiny Mismagius ( thanks for reminding DrDimentio!) which I faced against a trainer in the Battle Castel...Terrible quality and a random music I had to use because YT wanted to be gay...

Here is the video

I apologize for the missplays in this battle because I couldn't believe it that I found a shiny in the Battle Frontier in the 4th gen.....maybe I'll see a other AL shiny in the Battles Subway/ Battle Frontier

Hope you enjoy! :)

Something about the team (It's exactly the same team of BozoTheBear):

Salamence ** AXL
    Nature & Item: Jolly - Choice Band
    Iv's: 31 - 31 - 31 - x - 31 - 31
    Ev's 252 Attack & Speed 4 Speed
    Stats (Lv.50): 170 - 187 - 100 - 113 - 101 - 167
    Moveset: Outrage, Earthquake, AerialAce, Rockslide

Nothing much too explain. With Choice Band it OHKO's a lot of pokemon if they are Lv.55 which gives me more PP... really cool to see how Salamence handels with a lot of pokes in the Castel....btw mostly I drop the levels of OHKO users so they aren't able to hurt me much.

Blissey ** HighHope
    Nature & Item: Bold - Leftovers
    Iv's: 31 - x - 31 - 31 -31- 31
    Ev's: 252 HP & Defense & 4 Speed
    Stats (Lv.50): 362 - 15 - 68 - 95 - 155 - 76
    Moveset: Seismic Toss, Flamethrower, Aromatherapie, Softboiled

Great wall. Works pretty well with Seismic Toss and Softboil. Seriously....is there a other pokemon which could stall better than Blissey against special attackers in the BattleCastle?!

Milotic ** Ariel
    Nature & Items : Bold - Leftovers
    Iv's: 31 - x - 31 - 31 - 31 - 31
    Ev's: 252 HP & Defense & 4 Speed (I don't really remember)
    Stats (Lv.50): 202 - 60 - 144 - 120 - 145 - 102
    Moves: Surf, Ice Beam, Toxic, Recover

Great againts Ice - attack users. Pretty bulky with max HP & Defense and with Recover able to stall 5PP moves pretty well like Blissey....really cool to see how Blissey handels with DracoMeteor Latias/Salamence/Dragonite or some other pokes
  13. Jokethe1

Jokethe1

I don't know dude how you found this strategy..but this team is really EPIC! I've made just 7 battles with this team but I've seen how great the team work together! Hope you'll be back with a 1000 SuperDouble winstreak!
  14. icu812

icu812

Glad you enjoy playing it!

Depressingly the last attempt ended at 456 due to Hail + Snow Cloak hax. Glaceon vs Metagross == loss for Metagross after 4 consecutive misses. I hate Hail teams.
  15. Tebow

Tebow

Does anyone know if Challange Mode affects the difficulty of the battle subway?
  16. Jokethe1

Jokethe1

But seriously....I had a lot of few calls in the last time with this team...I reached the 49 mark...just because I'm very busy with school ( damn school sucks -.-'). But I was thinking about WideLens for Metagross because it does enough damage without the SteelGem (maybe sometimes usefull) but you have shown me how POWERFULL BLASTOISE can be! Thanks for that and good luck reclaiming your streak if you'll reclaim it ...btw my first loss with this team was in Battle 37 or something ...fail xD.....4 MISSES ?! I feel sick..
  17. Netbrian

Netbrian

Are there any resources on teams for fast BP farming in B&W 2? Preferably something that's fairly easy to put together (no Hidden Power, nothing obscure like Wish Blissey, etc.)

Thank you!
  18. Carl

Carl or Varl
    is a Smogon IRC AOp Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Winner

i've been told PWT is a quick way to get a lot of BP
  19. Level 51

Level 51 getting worse at mons day by day
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Forum Moderatoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Server Moderator

Yeah, with PWT you can get up to 18 BP from the World Leaders' / Champion's Tournaments, if you play Triples and don't lose a single Pokemon (you get 1 BP for each Pokemon surviving at the end of each battle). Usually you'll get about 13~16, though.
  20. SA1TS

SA1TS

I haven't managed to get my hands a TruAnt yet, so my Toxicroak project is on hold for now. It hasn't worked out too great with Whimsicott so far, top streak of 82 and that was mainly down to Suicune...

I'm testing mono attacking Metagross at the moment- Sub, Meteor Mash, Hone Claws, Rock Polish. It's exceeded my expectations so far and I'm on 49 wins. I can't see it going much further though, my IVs are crap and I'm using DD Charizard as a secondary sweeper (yes you read that right, it's just a test run. And also every 8yr old knows 'Zard is undoubtedly the most powerful mon there is, so there...) Heatran is obviously a massive problem for this set and it's also quite slow setting up.

Come to think of it, damn GF for not giving Metagross Shift Gear. And for not giving Samurott Shell Smash while we're at it. Ok, rant over, GF are bastards...
  21. longers

longers

Could somebody please help me out here? my longest streak is 43, and i really want to beat the subway boss. here we go:

Gengar @ Focus sash
    Rash / Levitate
    13/5/5/31/10/31
    0/0/0/255/0/255
    Destiny Bond
    Sludge Bomb
    Shadow Ball
    Focus Blast

Garchomp @ Muscle Band
    Jolly / Sand Veil
    1/31/27/26/2/25
    0/255/0/0/0/255
    Outrage
    Fire Fang
    Brick Break
    Earthquake

Hydreigon @ Choice Scarf
    Modest / Levitate
    19/29/4/31/15/31
    0/0/0/255/0/255
    Dragon Pulse
    Dark Pulse
    Flamethrower
    Surf

Basically, I'd start with Gengar to do as much damage as possible. I'm usually be able to take out at least one enemy, get down to 1 hp, use destiny bond, and get another kill. after that, i'd send out hydreigon just to clean up. garchomp is used if they send out a special wall or outspeed hydreigon and kill him.

hydreigon gives me a great chance to switch into when i'm using gengar and they use a psychic attack or a ghost attack. i also don't need to worry about switching into a fighting move.

Before you say anything, i realize that using two dragons gives me a weakness to ice moves. I'm really just wondering if this is a viable team to beat the subway boss or if i should sub some of these guys out for better options.
  22. SA1TS

SA1TS

This is actually a pretty good team for speeding through the first 7 or so rounds, but there are some changes you can make to improve it.

Gengar needs to be +speed, preferably Timid. Garchomp needs a 31 speed IV (it's unique speed tier is one of the biggest reasons for using it over other dragons like Salamence) and change its item to Choice Band, or give it a Yache berry and Sword Dance over Brick Break. Finally I'd say Draco Meteor is more valuable on Hydreigon than Surf or Dragon Pulse, simply for raw power.

Alternatively you could use Peterkos Cloyster team http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4184321&postcount=1592 which should get you through the first 49 battles in a heartbeat. He also added a list of exactly how to use the team.

Good luck
  23. Jokethe1

Jokethe1

First of all: I've forgotten to write that this team was Peterko's team and a really huge thanks for the experience I've got with this team! Thanks for reminding Jump!! You was totally right with your statement!

Pokemon Platinum Battle Tower single winstreak: 561

So hey guys it's Jokethe1 here and there it is... my with my longest winstreak of 561 Battles at the Platinum Battle Tower.

Same team like in the first and second streak

[​IMG]
    Latias ** Eon
    Nature & Item: Timid - ChoiceScarf
    Iv's: 31 - x - 31 - 31 - 31 - 31
    Ev's: 252 HP - 182 Defense - 74 Speed
    Stats (Lv.50) : 187 - 81 - 133 - 127 - 150 - 154
    Moves: Trick, ThunderWave, Charm, Recover

[​IMG]
    Registeel ** Robot
    Nature & Item: Careful - Leftovers
    Ev's: 252 HP - 100 Attack - 146 Defense - 14 Sp.Defense
    Stats (Lv.50) : 187 - 108 - 188 - 79 - 189 - 70
    Moves: IronHead, Substitute, Curse, Amnesia

[​IMG]
    Garchomp ** Raptor
    Nature & Item: Jolly - Lum Berry
    Ev's: 252 Attack - 252 Speed - 4 Sp.Defense
    Stats (Lv.50) : 183 - 182 - 115 - 79 - 106 - 169
    Moves: Outrage, Earthquake, SwordDance, Substitute

How I lost : Battle 562

Dragon Tamer sent out Dewgong.

Eon used Trick and obtained RazorFang Dewgong obtained the ChoiceScarf.

This set was :

379 |Dewgong|RazorFang|Careful|Waterfall|Avanlache|Headbutt|FakeOut| Atk/Sp.Def

After Registell was fully setup Dewgong died after IronHead .. let's see which pokemon will come ....

Dragon Tamer sent Rhyperior in.

I chose Sub and he used Roar and that was the point why I lost ( I was guessing it was a HornDrill Set, if it would have been the Choice Band set I could have easily switched in Latias to predict Earthquakes with Levitate and Charm for the struggle and at last I would have used Trick before Rhyperior died (after the Struggle recoil damage) and after that I give the next Poke the ChoiceBand to set up Registeel or Garchomp again). Latias was sent in and .....

Latias used Charm - Rhyperior uses Crunch ..a Critical Hit! Latias fainted

I switched into Grachomp and I used Earthquake (Sword Dance would have been better but I wanted to kill this thing as fast as possible) and I did around 55% - 60% damage. He used Earthquake too and did around 30% - 40%. Earthquake again and Rhyperior was dead. Dragon Tamer sent in ........Steelix. I Earthquaked and his ShucaBerry activatet. So this set was:

575|Steelix|Adamant|ShucaBerry|Earthquake|Fire Fang |ThunderFang|IceFang|Atk/Def

Now the game was lost ... Earthquake did (just) around 30% (because ShucaBerry lowered the strengh of Earthquake) and it used IceFang to KO Garchomp. Now my last hope was Registeel in hope to get some IronHead flinches to win. I chose IronHead and got three flinches in a row but after he Earthquaked me (did around 55% - 60%) twice I lost.

Proof:

[​IMG]
  24. Jumpman16

Jumpman16 np: Michael Jackson - "Mon in the Mirror" (DW mix)
    is a Smogon IRC SOPis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus

why didnt you get a sub up with registeel? "full setup" includes being behind a sub and that is 100% the reason why you lost, not because rhyperior ched latias with crunch or because you didnt SD with Garchomp. congrats on your streak but i'm a little surprised you didn't know better than to kill the tricked poke without a sub up, especially with Registeel (and dewgong can't break your sub without a CH).

also i find your "enorm potential" comment a little off putting and it's not even my team that you copied without any mention of its original creator (Peterko). this sentiment is underlined by your previous commentary on the team being devoid of any reference to the identical strategies that have been painstakingly detailed by him and others. im not trying to be a dick, it's just as if you're actually not aware that "your" team is virtually identical to a team that won 2,363 battles in plat and well that's kind of funny to say the least
  25. Az_UK

Az_UK

Hmmm, so I see the truant technique is doing wonders. Well I now have more than enough motivation to finally start the subway for Black 2 now that I'm on holidays.

AZ

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)