Black & White Battle Subway Records

Yeah, multi with the in-game partner is just a huge crapshoot. They don't know how to distinguish a threat from a non-threat and just sit there attacking. Plus some of the pokemon your partner uses are just terrible for subway (cryogonal.....).

If you want the trophy, you're better off just playing with someone else if possible (or just play with yourself using 2 ds' like I did).
yeah it sucks. Not only do you have to predict what the opponent will do but your ally as well. It keeps the teams simpler though, you only need 2.

I keep getting myself frustrated in the Super Multi Line because even your partner recklessly attacks, sometimes costing you more than what you bargained for. Jokingly I ARed myself a ridiculously broken Thundurus moveset to quickly advance further in the line. Even with Spore, Ice Beam and Tail Glow equipped with Focus Sash, I was left sat there thinking: "Subway just won't hand that trophy over".

I think I'll fall back into the Singles Train to see how I perform with my newly acquired Ninetales and co.
o.O

Is it that bad?

I think I might try hacking in a Wondertomb and see what the subway counters to it...

Taylor

i am alien
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
The point is as good as the two pokemon you bring, it's still a really difficult challenge. Best thing in the game for me personally because I don't want to put my DS down until it's complete.

sucks so bad lol x

been using band haxorus in super singles.

man it destroys. sweeps through teams, and ive only seen rhyperior live(with like 1 hp) an outrage (other than steels).

i was pleasantly surprised when haxorus lived a flygon's dragon claw.

atsync

Where the "intelligence" of TRAINERS is put to the test!
is a Pokemon Researcheris a Contributor to Smogon
Using my Darmanitan team, I just lost at 83 wins because my Rotom-W's hydro pump missed a bastiodon 4 times in a row, allowing it to set up curse and damage my team sufficiently to prevent a win (in the end it was latios vs. focus sash accelgor...)

Not posting proof though because I know I can do better and I want to at least beat my current PB of 94 wins.

o.O

Is it that bad?

I think I might try hacking in a Wondertomb and see what the subway counters to it...

The computer counters with.... A pokemon with Wil-O-Wisp (Or confuse ray potentially) and tanking capabilities? Cause don't status moves hit wonder guards anyway? I thought it was only damaging moves but I am not sure. If not Dunno. Rough Skin Sharpedo and Iron Barbs Ferrothorn? Anything with Rocky Helmet?

The computer counters with.... A pokemon with Wil-O-Wisp (Or confuse ray potentially) and tanking capabilities? Cause don't status moves hit wonder guards anyway? I thought it was only damaging moves but I am not sure. If not Dunno. Rough Skin Sharpedo and Iron Barbs Ferrothorn? Anything with Rocky Helmet?
yes status moves hurt wonder guard. I found this the hard way trying to use shedinja in game. The AI immediately knew that they could use toxic on me and kill me because I only had 1 HP. so yes they can find some way to damage you.

I hate to be a killjoy but we should discuss legal things.

On a legal note with Wonder Guard, I'm thinking about trying a Wonder Guard Skill Swap team because I hate doubles and all I use in doubles is gimmicks like Beat Up Whimsicott + Rock Polish Terrakion, Cofagrigus + Slaking, so on and so forth

skill swap doesnt work on wonder guard. BUT a good strategy would be this on a triple/ double battle

a pokemon uses simple beam on shedinja.
then a pokemon skill swaps sturdy onto shedinja. works better on triples. now shedinja is invincible. (except statuses)

atsync

skill swap doesnt work on wonder guard. BUT a good strategy would be this on a triple/ double battle

a pokemon uses simple beam on shedinja.
then a pokemon skill swaps sturdy onto shedinja. works better on triples. now shedinja is invincible. (except statuses)
I actually tried to do that but came to the conclusion that would be too hard to pull off, especially since nothing can have sturdy and skill swap (I don't think). So, your team would need something with sturdy, something with skill swap, something with simple beam (or something similar) and shedinja. Plus you would need to be able to deal with situations where you fail to pull it off. Plus shedinja still dies to status, weather and other passive damage.

All in all, it's probably not worth the trouble when there are many other more efficient ways to get good streaks anyway.

I actually tried to do that but came to the conclusion that would be too hard to pull off, especially since nothing can have sturdy and skill swap (I don't think). So, your team would need something with sturdy, something with skill swap, something with simple beam (or something similar) and shedinja. Plus you would need to be able to deal with situations where you fail to pull it off. Plus shedinja still dies to status, weather and other passive damage.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-iAB-I0lsA

It'd be much harder in doubles, but it's doable in triples.

atsync

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-iAB-I0lsA

It'd be much harder in doubles, but it's doable in triples.
Well I was talking about doubles solely, seeing as this is the subway and triples isn't an available format in that context. I agree that it's 'doable' in triples but it still has some of the problems associated with passive damage killing shedinja, which conveniently isn't represented in the video (if the opposing team was using lots of status, or if it had a tyranitar/hippowdon/abomasnow on it, or if the opponent used entry hazards with roar, the strategy would have been ruined).

I haven't had nearly as much trouble with Hail as I've had with TR teams. Thanks to the hax gods I guess, but once that TR is up, I'm almost guaranteed to lose. I need to work in a really safe and reliable TR counter I guess. Preferably something that can OHKO most of the TR users before they get the chance.

This is speaking from doubles of course. I don't think I've even encountered it in Singles, though to be fair I hardly touch Singles because I get bored with it so fast.

marowak or escavalier.
Hmm.

Does Thick Club exist in BW? It would be really fun to use something like Marowak that I don't think I've used since RSE.

Escavalier would also be great against the Slowbro/king twins, which are arguably two of the most annoying TR users to take down in my opinion.

I think I'll compile a list of all the TR users in the subway and see what results I come out with.

Edit:
Trick Room Users
163 | Jellicent | Calm | BrightPowder | Surf | Ice Beam | Psychic | Trick Room | HP/SpD

203 | Beheeyem | Modest | White Herb | Psyshock | Thunderbolt | Energy Ball | Trick Room | HP/SpA

274 | Slowking | Calm | Sitrus Berry | Psyshock | Water Pulse | Trick Room | Heal Pulse | SpA/SpD

310 | Bronzong | Impish | Sitrus Berry | Hypnosis | Rain Dance | Gyro Ball | Trick Room | HP/Def/SpD

445 | Musharna | Bold | Lum Berry | Shadow Ball | Energy Ball | Psychic | Trick Room | Def/SpA

454 | Reuniclus | Brave | King's Rock | Rock Slide | Explosion | Gyro Ball | Trick Room | Atk/Def/SpD

525 | Dusknoir | Brave | Iron Ball | Shadow Sneak | Fire Punch | Fling | Trick Room | HP/Atk

609 | Cofagrigus | Quiet | Sitrus Berry | Will-O-Wisp | Shadow Ball | Destiny Bond | Trick Room | HP/SpA

788 | Slowbro | Quiet | Leftovers | Psychic | Surf | Blizzard | Trick Room | HP/Def

799 | Slowking | Quiet | Lum Berry | Psychic | Surf | Ice Beam | Trick Room | HP/SpD

835 | Bronzong | Brave | Lum Berry | Safeguard | Rock Slide | Zen Headbutt | Trick Room | HP/Atk

860 | Exeggutor | Brave | Lum Berry | Wood Hammer | Zen Headbutt | Explosion | Trick Room | HP/Atk

875 | Dusknoir | Relaxed | Lum Berry | Shadow Sneak | Pain Split | Destiny Bond | Trick Room | HP/SpD

986 | Cresselia | Bold | BrightPowder | Psychic | Substitute | Toxic | Trick Room | HP/SpD

Seems to me like strong Bug/Dark/Fire covers literally every user.

I honestly might try Cacturne seeing as I run a sand team and sand veil hax is bound to happen in my favor at some point. He also packs nasty stab sucker punch that I'm assuming will OHKO quite a few of these threats. Jellicent Ice Beam, Dusknoir Fire Punch, and Slowtwins Blizzard/Ice Beam would be the only real threats and none of those are stabs.

Edit 2:

Maybe something like this:

Cacturne (M) @ BrightPowder
Trait: Sand Veil
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Sucker Punch
- Seed Bomb
- Substitute
- Brick Break

This seems at first glance to be a pretty beastly Trick Room counter, while not being utterly useless against other things. It's coverage is only resisted by Toxicroak and Heracross, and +2 Evasion sitting behind a sub is pretty lethal on it's own. I need to look at a speed tier and see what I would want to hit for a speed, but this is the main idea.

atsync

not really. thats why there was golduck and rayquaza.
to prevent weather.
Hmmm completely forgot about their abilities. I was wondering why they were using golduck in the first place...

Does Thick Club exist in BW? It would be really fun to use something like Marowak that I don't think I've used since RSE.
Yep. Wild marowak hold it, and you can occasionally get it from the treasure hunter guy on route 13 I think.

I ran a trick room and gravity brozong partnered with marowak n thick club abusing hynosis and boomerang it was alot of fun lol cant remember how far i got but was most fun team think iv used but marowak is my favorite pokemon :)

Just broke 70 with my new team so'l give a write up soon, i dont think its good enough to break 100 but heres for hoping lol

Good luck people :)

Hmm.

yes thick club exists. you can find it in route 13. marowak's legit, my partner used marowak on our multi team. absolutely destroyed things.

As i was affraid my new team didnt break 100 :(. i lost at battle 83 on my first try with the team but unsure if i'l try it again due to amount time it takes so guna write it up now. any help would be great :)

Super Singles 82 -

Team:

Hippowdon@ focus sash
impish
252hp/252spd/4d
yawn
stealth rock
slack off
sand attack

a great lead used in past gen by fast hippo (i didnt realise this when created team :@ haha) but its amazing. brings sandstorm into play which was my orginal team idea followed by lowering there accuracy and breaking sashes/sturdy with rocks and decent recovery loved it ha! normal plan was to yawn followed by rocks, then first turn there asleep depending on how threatning they are i'd switch or SA till they wake or SO when needed yawn again blar blar kinda simple lol.

Garchomp@ yacha berry
jolly
252sp/252a/4hp
dragon claw
sub
swords dance
earthquake

then heres your standard chomp. after sand attacks and sand veil he becomes a monster and sometimes unhitable. same as normal how to play him but sub was the most important move. i'd rather have a sub up and no swords dances if needed be. but normally went for 2 dances. which rocks up nothings going to survive :). the berry is kinda a filler due to not noing what to have instead. any ideas? yacha only got attivated once and even then it wasnt important due to final member woulda still won me the match.

the orginal team had a excadril here but it just didnt work so switched out to a ferrothorne thinking it would be the ideal switch in for grass and water types troubling hippo but once again it didnt fit right. as i lost the streak i gave up on the team placed ferrothorne in my box and my eye was drawn back to this beast i forgot about

Registeel@ leftovers
careful
252hp/100a/140d/12spd
curse
amnesia
iron head
sub

you all no how this monster works a real gem of a finding by peterko :)

so the team basicly lived of hax, i'd do my best to bring chomp in on a sleeping poke with hopefully lowered accurecy and get a sub n dance up then sweep, anything that chomp didnt fanc setting up on steel takes his place.

the main problems with this team are water types specially ones with lum berry etc. this is the reason why hippo has a sash so if a water type attacks i hold on by sash get of the yawn, they finishes me off with w/e chomp in for free on a sleeping poke....yes please haaa!

i didnt like the fact my whole team struggles with ground moves but i found alot the time hippo can slack off and sand attack enough for the haxs gods to let me set up and win haa!

how i lost is such a piss take, the game used my own tactic on me and everything was going so well lol.

hippo vs togekiss

was stright forward i managed to keep yawn/so/sa and managed to bring in chomp on the turn kiss fell sleep cause hippo fainted.

things were looking good.

chomp vs kiss

i sub, still sleep, i SD, still sleep, i SD, he wakes and air slashes to break my sub, so i resub hoping for a miss, but no it hits everytime i decided to attack, DC kiss KO

now this is where it went down hill.

Chomps vs

Tangrowth | Adamant | Lax Incense | Power Whip | Earthquake | Aerial Ace | Brick Break | Atk/Def

yeah you no whats coming...i DC and guess what i miss!!!! comical really dont you think? tangrowth earthquakes for the ko

i bring steel in

he earthquakes i curse twice living with decent amount health, he crits and i only just pull of the sub with extremely low HP, he quakes breaks my sub, think might been another crit cant remember then i ko with iron head. in comes tentacruel with a ko from surf :@

o well was good fun while it lasted but took so much time unsure if will try again depends on what advice you can give me :)

cheers for reading and glad to have used something not being trick related :)

Peterko

Never give up!
is a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Total BP won in the Subway

I think it´s time to look back an evaluate the effort...

Well, it should be possible to figure out the total BP you have won in the Subway pretty accurately. Here´s mine:

349 BP left
Zinc 100x1
Carbos 100x1
HP Up 100x1
= 600 BP
Power Band 5x16
Power Anklet 5x16
Power Weight 5x16
Toxic Orb 5x16
Flame Orb 5x16
= 640 BP
Cell Battery 5x32
Red Card 5x32
Eject Button 5x32
= 960 BP
Zoom Lens 5x48
Wide Lens 7x48
Muscle Band 6x48
Focus Band 5x48
Choice Band 7x48
Choice Scarf 9x48
Focus Sash 12x48
Razor Claw 7x48 (-2)
Razor Fang 5x48 (-2)
BrightPowder 5x48
Life Orb 9x48
Iron Ball 5x48
Air Balloon 7x48
Binding Band 5x48
= 5184 BP
52 x (min19) vitams for EV trained Pokémon (it should be 21 vitamins for 6/252/252/ spreads but most of the time I level up first against Morimoto & Rival using Lucky Egg-switch-metagross boom tactics, which give speed and attack EVs, also had to reEV some past gen Pokémon, so this is maybe the minimum number of BP used for vitamins)
= 988 BP

Whimsicott (M) "LECONTE": Lv.77, Timid, Prankster, 31-00-31-31-31-31, Grass Knot, Tickle, Tailwind, Taunt
Terrakion (-) "LACOSTE": Lv.100, Jolly, Justified, 31-31-30-02-31-31, Close Combat, Rock Slide, Quick Guard, Protect
Haxorus (M) "COCHET": Lv.100, Adamant, Mold Breaker, 31-31-30-17-30-31, Dragon Claw, Rock Slide, Earthquake, Protect
Darmanitan (M) "BOROTRA": Lv.100, Sheer Force, 31-31-30-17-30-31, Flare Blitz, Rock Slide, Earthquake, Protect
Scrafty (M) "BRUGNON": Lv.100, Adamant, Moxie, 31-31-31-25-31-31, Fake Out, Drain Punch, Crunch, Protect
Tornadus (M) "TILDEN": Lv.61, Jolly, Prankster, 31-31-31-18-30-31, Acrobatics, Substitute, Tailwind, Protect

Hydreigon (M) "TEACH": Lv.91, Modest, Levitate, 31-31-31-31-31-31, Dark Pulse, Dragon Pulse, Flamethrower, Surf
Hydreigon (F) "ROBIN": Lv.69, Timid, Levitate, 31-00-31-31-31-31, Dark Pulse, Draco Meteor, Flamethrower, Protect
Whimsicott (F) "PRANKSTARR": Lv.100, Timid, Prankster, 31-00-31-31-31-31, Grass Knot, Beat Up, Tailwind, Sunny Day
Mienshao (M): Lv.82, Jolly, Inner Focus, 31-31-30-17-30-31, Fake Out, Rock Slide, Quick Guard, Drain Punch
Krookodile (F): Lv.82, Jolly, Intimidate, 31-31-30-17-30-31, Earthquake, Rock Slide, Crunch, Outrage
Krookodile (M): Lv.82, Adamant, Moxie, 31-31-30-17-30-31, Earthquake, Rock Slide, Crunch, Outrage

Sawsbuck (F): Lv.83, Adamant, Sap Sipper, 31-31-30-17-30-31, Swords Dance, Jump Kick, Double-Edge, Horn Leech
Sawsbuck (M): Lv.50, Adamant, Chlorophyl, 31-31-31-31-31-31, Horn Leech, Double-Edge, Wild Charge, Jump Kick
Sawsbuck (M) "CHOPPER": Lv.50, Adamant, Chlorophyl, 31-31-31-31-31-31, Horn Leech, Double-Edge, Wild Charge, Jump Kick
Sawk (M) "SAKAKI": Adamant, Sturdy, 31-31-30-17-30-31, Reversal, Counter, Rock Slide, Close Combat
Chandelure (M): Lv.83, Modest, Flame Body, 31-00-31-31-31-31, Shadow Ball, Calm Mind, Acid Armor, Heat Wave
Chandelure (F): Lv.52, Modest, Flash Fire, 31-01-31-31-31-31, Shadow Ball, Imprison, Acid Armor, Heat Wave

Bisharp (M): Lv.96, Adamant, Defiant, 31-31-31-04-31-31, Iron Head, Sucker Punch, Psycho Cut, Brick Break
Crustle (M): Lv.82, Adamant, Sturdy, 31-31-30-17-30-31, X-Scissor, Stealth Rock, Rock Slide, Shell Smash
Stoutland (M): Lv.83, Adamant, Intimidate, 31-31-30-17-30-31, Return, Work Up, Crunch, Wild Charge
Amoonguss (F) "POKEBELLA": Lv.50, Calm, Effect Spore, 31-01-31-31-31-31, Sweet Scent, Spore, Rage Powder, Giga Drain
Volcarona (F): Lv.100, Timid, Flame Body, 31-26-31-31-31-31, Fiery Dance, Bug Buzz, Psychic, Quiver Dance
Jellicent (F): Lv.67, Modest, Cursed Body, 31-10-31-31-31-31, Scald, Recover, Acid Armor, Shadow Ball

Leavanny (F): Lv.50, Adamant, Chlorophyl, 31-31-30-17-30-31, Leaf Blade, X-Scissor, Shadow Claw, Razor Leaf
Golurk (-) "TITAN": Lv.54, Adamant, Iron Fist, 31-31-31-08-31-31, Shadow Punch, Hammer Arm, Protect, Earthquake
Eelektross (F) "NEELA": Lv.50, Modest, Levitate, 31-00-31-31-31-31, Flamethrower, Grass Knot, Discharge, Protect
Durant (M) "TAN": Lv.51, Jolly, Hustle, 31-31-31-11-31-31, X-Scissor, Iron Head, Baton Pass, Thunder Fang
Excadrill (M) "KRTKO": Lv.50, Adamant, Sand Rush, 31-31-31-31-31-31, Earthquake, Rock Slide, Hone Claws, Drill Run

Omastar (M) "PAPPUG": Lv.50, Modest, Weak Armor, 31-03-30-31-30-30, Muddy Water, Ice Beam, Shell Smash, Hidden Power Rock 70
Omastar (M): Lv.60, Modest, Weak Armor, 31-10-31-31-31-31, Muddy Water, Ice Beam, Shell Smash, Wring Out
Ninetales (F) "NINA": Lv.50, Timid, Drought, 31-02-30-31-31-31, Heat Wave, SolarBeam, Nasty Plot, Hidden Power Ice 70
Ninetales (M) "KYUUBI": Lv.51, Timid, Drought, 31-03-31-30-30-31, Heat Wave, SolarBeam, Extrasensory, Hidden Power Ground 70
Vulpix (F): Lv.48, Timid, Drought, 31-03-30-31-30-30, Flamethrower, Heat Wave, Extrasensory, Hidden Power Rock 70
Exeggutor (F) "COCO": Lv.50, Timid, Chlorophyl, 30-02-31-31-31-31, Psyshock, Giga Drain, Sleep Powder, Synthesis
Shiftry (M) "JIRAIYA": Lv.50, Lonely, Chlorophyl, 31-31-31-31-31-31, Fake Out, Sucker Punch, Seed Bomb, Low Kick
Arcanine (M) "ARCATRO: Lv.50, Adamant, Intimidate, 31-31-31-31-31-31, Flare Blitz, Wild Charge, ExtremeSpeed, Close Combat
Aerodactyl (M): Lv.50, Jolly, Unnerve, 31-31-31-08-31-31, Rock Slide, Aerial Ace, Crunch, Dragon Claw
Machamp (M): Lv.50, Jolly, No Guard, 31-31-31-16-31-31, DynamicPunch, Stone Edge, Ice Punch, Fire Punch

Ferrothorn (F): Lv.53, Sassy, Iron Barbs, 31-31-31-03-31-00, Gyro Ball, Leech Seed, Curse, Rest
Ferrothorn (F): Lv.50, Sassy, Iron Barbs, 31-31-31-14-31-00, Seed Bomb, Iron Defense, Leech Seed, Stealth Rock
Spiritomb (F): Lv.50, Bold, Pressure, 31-24-31-31-31-31, Dark Pulse, Psychic, Rest, Calm Mind
Cloyster (F): Lv.50, Adamant, Skill Link, 31-31-31-00-31-31, Icicle Spear, Rock Blast, Shell Smash, Razor Shell
Dragonite (F): Lv.58, Adamant, Multiscale, 31-31-31-15-31-31, Outrage, Fire Punch, Earthquake, ExtremeSpeed
Nidoking (M): Lv.50, Modest, Sheer Force, 31-24-31-31-31-31, Earth Power, Flamethrower, Thunderbolt, Ice Beam
Staraptor (F): Lv.50, Jolly, Reckless, 31-31-31-15-31-31, Brave Bird, Double-Edge, Final Gambit, Close Combat
Staraptor (M): Lv.100, Adamant, Reckless, 31-31-31-26-31-31, Brave Bird, Double-Edge, U-Turn, Close Combat
Rhydon (F): Lv.50, Adamant, Lightningrod, 31-31-31-01-31-31, Earthquake, Rock Slide, Protect, Megahorn
Seaking (M): Lv.50, Hasty, Lightningrod, 31-31-31-31-31-31, Scald, Ice Beam, Signal Beam, Mud Shot

Sharpedo (M): Lv.50, Jolly, Speed Boost, 31-31-31-31-31-31, Waterfall, Crunch, Aqua Jet, Ice Fang
Tauros (M): Lv.50, Adamant, Anger Point, 31-31-31-10-31-31, Rock Slide, Earthquake, Protect, Frustration
Smeargle (M): Lv.100, Jolly, Own Tempo, 31-31-31-31-31-31, Fake Out, Spore, Frost Breath, Tailwind

If I count 10 BP / set of 7, that´s at least 6104 battles. This is inaccurate as I lost many times before 35, where the average BP / set of 7 is 6,5 (7). So I´m currently at somewhere around 7000-8000 Subway battles.

My game time is 641:28.

And the Subway still hates me with a passion (it´s mutual, obviously), actually, I think it´s getting worse. I´ve built a team that was 4-0ing legendary teams (scizor-latios-heatran-zapdos), note that I faced 3 legend teams in one set of 7 between 56-63 (that´s probably a record)...and then I lost to a sandstorm team because excadrill´s rock slide always hit, plus it flinched heatran and avoided a wide lens heat wave from zapdos. It was really funny ... ... ...

Yesterday, I used a Heart Scale to relearn how to RNG in HGSS and to breed a Shiftry, also bred an Eggy in Black. I want to try the rest of the Chlorophyl pokémon with Ninetales. Testing Nasty Plot Ninetales with Sash Eggy (psyshock, giga, powder). With Eggy, I lost at #21 because of misplay (obligatory Powder miss on Wailord, whose partner Tangrowth turned out to be a Zoroark, Wailord survived the Giga Drain and proceeded to Blizzard and then Archeops flinched Heatran).

But, the best one happened a few hours ago, during my latest streak, I lost battle #7, yes, battle #7, because apparently there´s this Pokémon Cradily, who:
turn 1 QC Stone Edge OHKOs Ninetales
turn 2 QC Stone Edge CH KOs Exeggutor (hippo´s sand killed the sash)
turn 3 QC Stone Edge CH OHKOs Heatran.

Ehm, I had to laugh at this point. What else am I supposed to do?

yeah chin up peterko, ur one the legends on this page n for good reason u'l come back strong and blow us away with a awsome streak :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 9)