Black & White Battle Subway Records (now with gen. 4 records!)

Thanks Peterko, I guess I just can't read TRE's. This list actually is much easier to read, I just don't understand why twash's list doesn't work.
By the way, "easier to read" means "I actually know what's going on with the list" and "encrypted" meant "I can't read this." AKA a failed LOL moment :P sorry if I wasted your time.
EDIT: I know the links work, there's no trouble with that. I probably could have gone into detail of what I meant. From what I'm gathering, there are ALWAYS four sets for any one Pokemon you face in the Subway (eat fresh)? Interesting >:) (muahahahaha! Sounds like fun!)

For those lists, I can't tell if they're encrypted or if I just can't read them (I think they're encrypted, lol)
On a different note, has anyone tried a sanstorm team? I did and lost to a Terrakion/Virizion combo in super singles. I was running a Tyranitar lead with a shell bell as a lead, a ScarfChomp and an Excadrill, the first two were untrained, while Excadrill was currently being EV trained.
Details later other than that Tyranitar was a dedicated lead to set up Sandstorm, Garchomp abused scarf and Sand Veil after Excadrill faints (usually), and Excadrill was a Swords Dance SlideQuake Brick Break combination with sand rush. He was my sweeper after Tyranitar goes. It actually took this team to defeat the regular singles train. Since then I've tried a Trick Room team, a heavy offense team, and a semi-stall team. Any thing you might like to see me try, or any suggestions. This seems like the place for suggestions.
EDIT: the lists are the pokemon team/trainer for the subways, both in the OP and posted by Team Rocket Elite.
I tried a similar sandstorm team, but with Hippo instead of Tyranitar. After like 3 tries of not getting to super singles subway boss, I gave up. From my pov rain is greatly superior to other weathers in the subway. I strongly encourage you to try it. I, for one, know that I'll be taking my rain team to B/W 2, since I also tried a bunch of different teams and this one I like best.

After trying again with this hail team, I managed to get to 147 wins. Didn't know you could get a Lansat berry from one of the NPCs after passing the 100 mark. Also noticed that after said mark, there are no longer any optional NPCs to interact with.

Here is the team I used. I can't, for the life of me, understand RNG, so I breed my pokemon the old fashioned way. IVs were calculated using Serebii's IV calculator

Abomasnow ( Naive Nature + Spd, - SpD )
Ability: Snow Warning
EVs: 252 SpA/ 252 Spd/ 4 Hp
Item: Choice Scarf
IVs: 11/30/18/31/26/31
1. Earthquake
2. Blizzard
3. Grass Knot
4. Focus Blast
I was really surprised with Abomasnow's Blizzard. Ice being one of the better offensive types, makes Abomasnow's 100% accurate Blizzard a real threat ( some freeze hax too ). Hail gets rid of sashes, gives Mamoswine snow cloak, and negates most leftovers recovery. Been trying out Grass Knot instead of Energy Ball, kinda like it

Mamoswine ( Adamant Nature + Atk, - SpA )
Ability: Snow Cloak
EVs: 252 Atk/ 252Spd/ 4 Hp
Item: Focus Sash
IVs: 17/31/30/14/14/21
1. Icicle Crash
2. Ice Shard
3. Stone Edge
4. Earthquake
Ice Shard and Snow Cloak have saved me so many times. Mamoswine provides the means to get rid of other weather inducers, takes down Special Walls, and does not take damage from Sandstorm as well. My main physical attacker. Can also take rock attacks unlike my other 2 pokes.

Chandelure ( Timid + Spd, -Atk )
Ability: Flash Fire
EVS: 252 SpA/ 252 Spd/ 4 Hp
Item: Air Balloon
IVs: 29/30/2/31/30/31
1. Psychic
2. Flamethrower
3. Shadow Ball
4. Energy Ball
My special attacker. Usually switches in on fire and fighting attacks directed at the snow man. Has 4 immunities with the Air Balloon, giving him a lot of switch in oppurtunities. All 4 attacks have had some use one time or another. Also gives my team a much needed fire attack.

Ice is really an amazing offensive type. STAB 100% Accurate Blizzard is even better. Dragons were never a problem. The Snow Man's weaknesses are generally covered by his team mates. Mamoswine and Chandelure are both hard hitters providing extra type coverage.

Threats: The pokes that gave me a hard time were mostly those ice types who benefited from Abomasnow's Hail. Especially troublesome are those who can outspeed and wreck Chandelure ( Weavile and Froslass) Pokes who outspeed Scarf'd Abomasnow are also hard to deal with, most notable of which is Aerodactyl. I was also surprised at how tough those legendary pokes can be. Latios/Latias and Virizion can take Blizzard from Abomasnow and KO back, though they usually die from Hail or from Mamosine's Ice shard. Milotic and Ludicolo also deserve special mention for being really annoying.

The team eventually lost to a Vaporeon with Quick Claw. It was his last remaining poke, I had Mamoswine Chandelure. Earthquake takes him down to half health, He surfs, and gets 2 consecutive quick claw activations haha

atsync

Where the "intelligence" of TRAINERS is put to the test!
is a Pokemon Researcheris a Contributor to Smogon
Oh my god. I just finished a doubles streak at 78 wins with a team I had high hopes for, because it was working great until the final battle. Seriously the game just does not want me to get a good doubles streak lol.

Here's the team:

Sawk @ Choice Scarf
Adamant
IVs: 31/31/31/x/31/31
EVs: 20/252/0/0/0/236
Stats: 153/194/95/33/95/135
Sturdy

Close Combat
Earthquake
Rock Slide
Reversal

Gengar @ Focus Sash
Timid
IVs: 31/x/31/31/31/31
EVs: 6/0/0/252/0/252
Stats: 136/63/80/182/95/178
Levitate

Shadow Ball
Thunderbolt
Taunt
Protect

Metagross @ Life Orb
Adamant
IVs: 31/31/31/x/31/31
Stats: 156/205/151/95/111/121
Clear Body

Meteor Mash
Earthquake
Bullet Punch
Protect

Latios @ Lum Berry
Timid
IVs: 31/x/31/31/31/31
Stats: 156/89/100/182/130/178
Levitate

Dragon Pulse
Psyshock
Thunderbolt
Protect

There is a bit of a story behind this team but basically I was impressed by Sawk's performance during my time in Multi that I wanted to build a team involving it. The main idea is that Sturdy on one lead + Focus Sash on the other lead = it is almost impossible for both of my leads to be OHKOed on the first turn (and often one of my leads will still have their Sash/Ability intact after the first few turns of a battle which gives me a huge lead).

Initially I thought about a Fake Out lead, but the problem is that most of the good Fake Out users are also fighting types so I didn't really go down that path. Not that using dual fighting type leads would be THAT bad, but I wasn't really interested in that idea.

I tried out Froslass first since I had one on me from my hail team and it was more convenient, but after losing early (around battle 30 I think) I knew that Gengar was to replace it (the only things that Froslass has over Gengar are STAB Ice Beam for Dragons/Gliscor and immunity to Hail to prevent Abomasnow from breaking the sash). Gengar's much higher power makes it so much better than Froslass. Taunt is used to shut down annoyer leads (and most importantly Trick Room).

I also thought about other things. Weavile would be good (Night Slash/Ice Punch/Taunt/Fake Out or Protect) and maybe even Magic Guard Alakazam could work (Psychic/Protect/Taunt/filler attack). However, another advantage with using Gengar is its immunity to Fake Out. Fake Out is annoying to face but because I always know that they will go for Sawk and not Gengar, I have a better idea of how to act (usually I switch Sawk out and have it clean up later).

Metagross and Latios were kinda just thrown on but they definitely contributed well. If anyone has any other ideas for potential replacements then I'm all ears.

Mosts battles are easy and quick, though things can get messy, especially if I face one of the few things that outspeed Scarf Sawk. It sucks that most of the Scarf pokemon that outspeed Sawk are quite threatening in their own right. One particularly amusing moment was when I got OHKOed by Scarf Pinsir with Mold Breaker. I was so not expecting that! But even things like Electrode and Accelgor can be tricky and I have to play carefully around them.

I lost to Veteran Risha (legendary trainer, of course):

Battle Video: 54-24022-67439

Veteran Risha sends out Entei and Suicune, I send out Sawk and Gengar

Entei uses Protect, Sawk and Gengar hit the Protect, Suicune uses Icy Wind
I switch Sawk for Metagross, Suicune Protects, Gengar Protects, Entei hits Gengar's Protect
Metagross Protects, Suicune uses Blizzard, Entei hits Metagross's Protect, Gengar Shadow Balls Entei
I switch Metagross for Latios, Suicune Blizzards, Entei Stone Edge's Gengar (dead)

I send in Sawk

Latios Protects, Sawk Close Combat's Entei (dead), Suicune Blizzards

Risha sends in Latios

Sawk Close Combats Suicune, Risha's Latios Draco Meteor's my Latios (dead), Suicune Blizzards but misses

I send in Metagross

Sawk Close Combats Suicune (dead), Latios Draco Meteor's Sawk (dead), Metagross Meteor Mash's Latios (dead)

Risha sends in Moltres (naturally)

Moltres Overheats Metagross (dead)

0-1

I don't even think I played that badly though I did make mistakes which is lame because I think I was playing flawlessly until then. I guess it would have been better to hit both Suicune and Entei first turn instead of double targetting Entei (hell I'm not even sure why I didn't double target Suicune with Close Combat and Thunderbolt, but Entei was more dangerous in terms of damage output so I guess that's why). Still, both of them had Protect so double targetting was foolish. Maybe I should have risked Rock Slide with Sawk like I do with ALL flying trainers. I could have gotten some flinch hax going maybe. Switching in Latios into Suicune's Blizzard was risky I guess but Suicune is so weak so I took the risk. I maybe should have switched Metagross into Draco Meteor too and maybe I would have if I knew what her last pokemon was...

Still, doesn't change the fact that I lost the speed tie between my Latios and her Latios. Nor does it change the fact that she just happened to have the number 1 unbeatable legendary for Metagross to face at the end(hell even Heatran would have been better than Moltres, though still not ideal).

This team was great fun otherwise. I'll probably be giving this another shot at some point.

Hey all, I don't post much, but I've read through this entire thread and it's been really interesting, thanks. I want to share a team that is approaching triple digits in Super Doubles, and see if anyone has any advice they could offer.

I've tried a lot of different strategies in this thread, and quickly realized that I don't care to play a lot of the crippler strategies in Super Singles, too impatient. I moved to doubles, an after having some decent success with generic Rain, I wanted to try something different. One thing I hadn't really seen here was anyone attempting to abuse Gravity. I decided to try, mostly as a joke - I didn't have very high hopes.

Instead, it's been the most fun I've ever had Subwaying. Gravity works way, way better than I expected. Everyone's first complaint on the Subway is hax, and knowing that your 90% accurate move isn't going to miss three times in a row is comforting. Brightpowder and Double Team don't even remotely bother me. It's extremely consistent, and has very quick battles, something I appreciate. I do better each time as I learn the team, and I'm sure someone more skilled could outplay me.

Starmie @ Life Orb
Nature: Timid
Ability: Natural Cure
IVs: 31/31/31/31/31/31
EVs: 4 HP/252 SpA/252 Spe
Stats: 136/85/105/152/105/183
- Hydro Pump
- Blizzard
- Thunder
- Protect

LO Starmie is fun in the Subway without getting to play with powered up moves. Hydro Pump and Blizzard are my most-used attacks, and it's ridiculous how many freezes you get with Blizzard in doubles. Almost always Protect first turn to survive the setup, and then just start killing things.

Metagross @ Focus Sash
Nature: Adamant
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP/252 Atk/4 Spe
Stats: 187/205/150/103/110/91
- Meteor Mash
- Hammer Arm
- Bullet Punch
- Gravity

The Gravity user I could find with the most offensive presence. Gravity first turn, obviously. Focus Sash to make sure I get the Gravity off, though only once in my streaks has it ever activated first turn - often, Starmie is double targeted, I'm assuming because it's more easily OHKO'd. I worry about whether a Lum Berry would be better. I haven't had any status kill my set up yet, but I'm sure it's only a matter of time. Regardless, it's nice not to have to worry about Meteor Miss, and Starmie+Bullet Punch can make sure something dies every turn. Hammer Arm sees a lot of use.

Tornadus @ Flying Gem
Nature: Timid
Ability: Prankster
IVs: 31/30/30/31/31/31
EVs: 4 Def/252 SpA/252 Spe
Stats: 154/121/90/177/100/179
- Hurricane
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power Ice
- Protect

Tornadus was my last pick for the team. Gem-boosted Hurricane kills something, Focus Blast is awesome, Protect because it's doubles and it's always useful. I'm really open to suggestions/replacements here, though it does work pretty well... I've wondered about Scarfing it, but I'm not entirely sure.

Mamoswine @ Choice Band
Ability: Snow Cloak
Evs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe
Stats: 186/200/100/81/80/132
- Ice Shard
- Earthquake
- Icicle Crash
- Stone Edge

While I really wish I could have two Life Orbs, CBMamo is great. CB Gravity Earthquake just destroys things. Starmie and Tornadus both have Protect to avoid at least one EQ, and on occasion Metagross' Focus Sash has remained intact to survive one as well. Takes electric moves aimed at Starmie. I don't use Icicle Crash or Stone Edge very much, but they're there and they're accurate. On the rare occasions where Gravity goes down, he works great with Tornadus, freely EQ-spamming.

Maybe this is bog-standard Gravity, I wouldnt know. I do a lot of damage calcs. My losses have typically been misplays on my part. Gravity almost never runs out before the battle is over - something dies every turn. When it does, Metagross is still alive half the time to set it again. Things can get a little dicey when it is down, but Mamoswine is useful. I have to be careful with Fire types, and Sucker Punch can be a pain. Trick Room is really annoying, and I have to pay a lot of attention- stalling it out also stalls out my Gravity. Hammer Arm on Meta helps.

This isn't quite as foolproof as Jumpman's goodstuff team a couple pages back, but I've had fun. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

atsync

I used Gravity once, a long time ago. I think I got to 60-something? I can't remember the team though. I think I posted it here somewhere. I did use Starmie though (I actually used it as my Gravity setter, with Fake Out Infernape as its lead partner to help set up). Hopefully you'll get further than I did.

I started a new streak with the team I posted above. I got to 49 wins in a mere 3 hours. It feels good to use such a fast team again. I almost lost again the subway master though:

15-61213-65378

Basically I forgot that Haxorus can have Mold Breaker which allowed it to OHKO Sawk, thus removing my only good answer to his Life Orb Excadrill. I should have double targetted Haxorus and just left Chandelure alone during the first turn (I could have KOed it later anyway). I only just won and I'm forever thankful that I gave Latios Lum Berry because I would have lost otherwise.

Actually something wierd I have noticed is the behaviour of some of the opponent's pokemon, specifically these:

876 | Mienshao | Impish | Muscle Band | Feint | Fake Out | Hi Jump Kick | Wide Guard | HP/Atk
522 | Lucario | Jolly | Focus Sash | Close Combat | Hone Claws | Endure | Reversal | Atk/Spd

Basically they switched out first turn. I assume it was because they can't hurt Gengar in any way, but why not just attack Sawk instead? The wierdest thing was when Lucario was switched back in, it decided to just attack Sawk instead of switching out again!

My theory is that if the pokemon can't kill one of your team (or it can kill both), it picks one of your pokemon at random. The game then decides if it can harm you or not and if it can't it will randomly decide to either switch or try a attack. This would explain Lucario's behaviour. It picked Gengar first turn, and then decided to switch out. When it came back in, it picked Sawk instead and had no problem using Close Combat (at that point Sawk had lower its defences with Close Combat).

I don't know if that's right though. It's just a theory but I can't think of any other explanation. Maybe the AI was trying to psych me out?

EDIT: Just lost at 65 wins. Quick Claw Donphan and Lax Incense Walrein on the same team is just too much to handle (it wasn't even a roughneck, it was just some random pokebreeder).

Battle Subway Super Singles

Battle Subway Singles
Streak: 79
Team: Drifblim, Dragonite, Bronzong

So I've finally given the battle subway a go but could only manage a lowly 79 streak... Although the streaks not great I'm happy to make it onto the leader board, as this was my first attempt and I'm limited to using Pokemon available in-game in Pokemon Black. (I don't have access to WiFi or a second DS/someone to trade with...) The team I used is as follows:

floon (Drifblim) (F) @ Focus Sash
Trait: Unburden
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)

EVs: 6 HP / 252 Def / 252 SDef
Level 50 Stats: 219 76 90 110 94 105
IVs: 17 0 19 30 7 22

- Thunder Wave
- Flash
- Memento
- Shadow Ball

Seeing as I don't have access to Whimsicott with Memento, I had to get a bit creative... Drifblim may not be a great Poke, but it got its job done admirably. For anything not immune, use TW first up and proceed to Flash as much as possible before using Memento. Obviously this doesn't always go to plan but I was never in the situation where I didn't at least get Memento off. Shadow Ball is entirely filler but for anyone who would like to give Drifblim a shot, she has many useful options for the fourth slot (if you have access to Gen 4 games) although what this balloon really needs is Taunt. Knock Off can be useful for robbing a target of there item, Trick to lock a poke into one move with Choice Scarf, or even Tailwind as a gimmick move for times when you cant paralyze the opponent and need the speed to set up. Personally, however, I'd go for Icy Wind; it prevents Drifblim from being Taunt bait, breaks Sashes/Sturdy, and lowers the targets speed, all-round a useful move.

A Timid nature coupled with an Unburden speed boost if Sash is activated make 'Blim incredibly fast (would be faster if I had a better speed IV...), allowing it to cripple pokes it should have no business even trying to. The combination has been surprisingly useful and effective. EVs are straightforward to maximize bulk.

kairyu (Dragonite) (M) @ Lum Berry
Trait: Inner Focus
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)

EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Level 50 Stats: 159 203 107 102 115 123
IVs: 16 30 13 18 20 13

- Substitute
- Dragon Dance
- Roost
- Dragon Claw

Ripped the moveset from Jumpman, although I'd already EV'd it as above. Dragonite is fantastic in the Subway and this moveset is pure class, allowing him to set-up with relative ease against a plethora of Pokes. Obviously Jumpmans EV spread and Multiscale as the ability would have been far better (along with better IVs) but he still worked incredibly well. Sub, DD, Roost when necessary, then destroy everything with DC.

Lum was chosen as 'Zong needs Lefties and protection from contact abilities and being able to safely switch into status moves was useful.

dime (Bronzong) @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)

EVs: 252 HP / 124 Def / 12 SAtk / 120 SDef
Level 50 Stats: 168 84 149 101 162 43
IVs: 19 0 25 31 24 10

- Substitute
- Iron Defense
- Calm Mind
- Flash Cannon

Bronzong resists everything Dragonite is weak to and comfortably sets-up against most neutral moves as well. If Dime manages to fully set-up almost nothing will break his Sub, although his dismal speed and disappointing SAtk were a let down at times. As the streak went along I found myself having to bring 'Zong in more and more instead of Dragonite due to his beastly defenses and how hard pokes hit past the first 49 battles.

Slightly favoured SDef as Iron Defense boosts faster than Calm Mind. Lefties for recovery.

Overall a fun team to use let down by poor IVs and in Dragonites case, EVs and an inferior ability. Lost to a Magnezone when my +6/+6 Dragonite wasn't behind a sub (Mags TB breaks its subs...) and couldn't 1HKO, of course Nite got paralyzed when I tried to roost up health and the lum had already been used during set-up. Next TB KO'd.

On another note, someone who has access to dream world and can RNG/has the patience to breed for decent IVs, please try the following team:

-Sash Memento Whimsicott
-Jumpmans' Dragonite
-Mercurys' Suicune

The three most broken Subway pokes of Gen V need to be put in the same team. Great synergy, movesets and abilities- this is a team I'm sure can make it to 1000. Only problem is, I can't test it myself... Any takers?

On another note, someone who has access to dream world and can RNG/has the patience to breed for decent IVs, please try the following team:

-Sash Memento Whimsicott
-Jumpmans' Dragonite
-Mercurys' Suicune

The three most broken Subway pokes of Gen V need to be put in the same team. Great synergy, movesets and abilities- this is a team I'm sure can make it to 1000. Only problem is, I can't test it myself... Any takers?
I've done that. Well, except that my Suicune was holding Leftovers and Dragonite had Lum Berry. I got to around ~100, haven't posted since it didn't break my record at that time. A team like that struggles against electric types, especially Jolteon who can be a real pain to take down. It also has no answer to pokes like Ferrothorn, who resists both Scald and Dragon Claw. I suppose someone else could try it out.

I've done that. Well, except that my Suicune was holding Leftovers and Dragonite had Lum Berry. I got to around ~100, haven't posted since it didn't break my record at that time. A team like that struggles against electric types, especially Jolteon who can be a real pain to take down. It also has no answer to pokes like Ferrothorn, who resists both Scald and Dragon Claw. I suppose someone else could try it out.
As opposition leads, Jolteon can be crippled right off the bat with Memento and Ferrothorn's easy enough to stall out with Suicune between Sub and Pressure. If Suicune or 'Nite are fully set-up neither really poses a threat. Any team has problems with certain Pokemon but I feel this team could easily play around them. Let me know if you give it another shot!

Alright I will. Just finished doubles anyway. Not posting since I was only aiming for subway boss for the trophy, I hate doubles.

EDIT: Sorry it simply doesn't work. Dragonite and Suicune don't have synergy. You can't always hope to easily set up on things, because a lot of pokes hit hard even after memento, and Whimsicott dying in two hits is far from uncommon. And he can die in first turn to poison/fire hit with effect, which is not common, but happens. Pokes like Thundurus outspeed and decimate you easily. Scarfchomp rips you to shreds, Dragonite needs to somehow get 3 DD up to outspeed him, and Suicune can't really stall stab Outrages too long. My previous team with Ferro instead of Suicune was much better than that, so I'm out.

Peterko

Never give up!
is a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Mr. Jumpman, some time ago, you were talking about your 328 battle replay being like 7 weeks old and you posted about not risking a very high streak with the Haxo theorymon...

...so, how far are you? Did you already beat the two people above you on the list? Give us at least something.

Just wondering...

EDIT: on topic, after my break due to preparing for and then attending the VGC qualifiers in Paris and Milan (unsuccesful), I´ve started playing the Subway again. I used some stuff, later my Ninetales-Sawbuck-Heatran-Latios team (85 record months ago) with a new Heatran, it was soo much fun and it was amazing (two turn battles with Scarf Tales and CB Buck) until I got beaten by an ice worker, of all things, at battle #90 because of slight misplay :/

-Sash Memento Whimsicott
-Jumpmans' Dragonite
-Mercurys' Suicune

Coincidentally, I've been planning on trying a similar team to this, only difference being that I'd be using Chinese Dood's Stoutland cripple set. Honestly, I'm so excited to see how the team does, because that Stoutland is probably my favorite crippler, I love Chinese Dood for shedding some light on it. Only piece I'm missing is the Stoutland, but I recently got my hands on a flawless Smeargle so I can breed the 3 egg moves the thing requires >_<

On another note, I've been wanting to build a team around this lately. (Havent RNGed it yet but it shouldn't be too hard)

Eelektross@Life Orb
Modest Nature
EVs: 252 HP, 252 Sp Atk, 4 Def
-Thunderbolt (singles)/ Discharge (doubles)
-Flamethrower
-Grass Knot
-HP Ice

Not really sure how it would preform, but it would definitely be fun to try, especially since it could be used in tandem with Garchomp in double battles, allowing for juicy Discharge+EQ combos.

atsync

Does anyone think this would be a viable replacement for Latios on my Sawk/Gengar/Metagross/Latios team?

Salamence @ Dragon Fang (or something)
Timid
252 speed/252 sp.att/4 sp.def

Dragon Pulse
Hydro Pump
Flamethrower
Protect

I like Latios but I hate how many weaknesses it has. Salamence has a better defensive typing and Intimidate while still having a Ground Immunity to avoid friendly fire Earthquakes. Plus, I prefer Hydro Pump because none of my other members will like being hit with Surf. I'm just not sure about the speed or power (base 100 speed isn't that great anymore and base 110 special attack is no base 130 special attack). Special Salamence is cool though!

On another note, I've been wanting to build a team around this lately. (Havent RNGed it yet but it shouldn't be too hard)

Eelektross@Life Orb
Modest Nature
EVs: 252 HP, 252 Sp Atk, 4 Def
-Thunderbolt (singles)/ Discharge (doubles)
-Flamethrower
-Grass Knot
-HP Ice

Not really sure how it would preform, but it would definitely be fun to try, especially since it could be used in tandem with Garchomp in double battles, allowing for juicy Discharge+EQ combos.
I've actually used that exact set before (including EVs). The power and coverage is simply amazing, but I just couldn't get past that horrific speed stat sadly. It wasn't terrible but Eelektross dies faster than you might think because it can't really take the repeated beatings that its low speed forces it to and the slow speed also leaves your partner vulnerable (they can hurt Eelektross's partner faster than Eelektross can hurt the opponent). Protect helps a bit with the latter issue though.

Still, that low speed is all the better for Trick Room! It could also work better under Tailwind (a Modest 252 speed EV Eelektross hits 204 speed under Tailwind, which is pretty solid).

Peterko

Never give up!
Cloyster wins at life.

Pokémon Black Battle Subway Super Singles streaks: 49, 172, 169, 179, 275, 623

1. Cloyster (F) „SPIKA ICE“
Item: Focus Sash
Ability: Skill Link
IVs: 31-31-31-00-31-31
EV spread: 6-252-0-0-0-252
Lv.50: 126-161-200-81-65-122
Moves:
~ Icicle Spear
~ Rock Blast
~ Shell Smash
~ Razor Shell

2. Garchomp (M) „JET QUAKE“
Item: Choice Scarf*
Ability: Sand Veil
IVs: 31-31-31-09-31-31
EV spread: 0-252-0-0-6-252
Lv.50: 183-200-115-80-106-231*
Moves:
~ Outrage
~ Earthquake
~ Fire Fang
~ Aerial Ace

3. Suicune „AURA“
Item: Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
Nature: Bold
IVs: 31-7-31-30-31-31 (HP Electric 70)
EV spread: 236-0-244-0-0-30
Lv.50: 205-74-182-110-135-109
Moves:
~ Scald
~ Rest
~ Calm Mind
~ Substitute

previous streaks with the team

[size=-2]Abomasnow – Spear right away for a solid 125-150 dmg on sets 34. Blast only OHKOs those with max dmg. You don´t want to miss. You can´t Smash because Focus Blast+Ice Shard kills you. If it come out later in the match when you´re at 1 HP, switch to Cune to absorb the Shard, Sub once (to figure out the set) and then sacrifice Cloy to safely bring Garchomp (set 2 & 3) or stall with Cune (set 1 & 4). Overall, you really don´t want to face many of these during a streak.
Absol – Smash if you feel like it, sets 1-3 are pretty much set up bait, set 4 can be annoying with Swagger/WoW but Suicune set sup on that pretty easily unless you get really unlucky
Accelgor – Smash & sweep
Aerodactyl – Smash while hoping it´s the CB set 4 that uses Stone Edge, not the ones using Rock Slide – if it flinches you, you still have a 100% OHKO with Outrage and Cune as back up if anything goes wrong.
Aggron – Razor Shell from the get go to finish off with Quake or set up Cune. Smash is a bad idea because of Sturdy/Sash
Alakazam – Spear right away if you don´t know the set or know that it´s set 4 (almost always). Why? Because it will TrickScarf.
Altaria – Smash
Ambipom – Smash after getting hit by FO+BB. You should be able to set up unless he CHs (set 3) as your amazing 200 defense allows you to survive those two hits even if Ambi holds a LO. Set 4 might Taunt you.
Ampharos – switch to Chomp and KO with Quake
Arcanine – depending on the set (most of the time you know it), well, not really...Smash + Razor Shell, even after CC you´ll be at like 50 HP and outside of ExtremeSpeed KO range. Set 3 is Overheats and is set up bait, but don´t forget that Intimidate lowers your damage output. For what it´s worth, Suicune should beat Arcanine almost every time, watch out for the 5 Sunny Beams.
Archeops – same as Aero, Smash and hope it won´t flinch. Set 4 tends to Protect turn 1, which makes it one of the safest things to Smash against. You like the other 3 sets even more.
Armaldo – Smash + Spear
Articuno – Smash + Spear
Bastiodon – Smash + Razor Shell or Razor Shell from the get go. Note that it can´t get through Suicune and Chomp has a 4x SE STAB Quake.
Beartic – I dislike the cool bear, because it´s annoyingly bulky plus Lax Incense/Snow Cloak. One of the rare cases of when I go for Rock Blast after a Smash. Cune should be able to handle it though. Watch out for the boosting sets.
Bisharp – Razor Shell or Smash + Shell, depending on how I feel, also switch to Chomp and Quake. Yes it´s got Taunt, but it´s slower than you and you don´t mind to be taunted after you Smash, right?
Blastoise – switch to Cune and set up. If you feel ballsy, Smash+Rock Blast set 1, but sets 1-3 are really Cune set up bait, set 4 could potentially annoy with Focus Punch (46-55 dmg against your 51 HP Subs).
Blaziken – Smash + Razor Shell
Blissey – Smash + Spear. You still got Chomp and Cune in the back.
Bouffalant – one of those nasty things that survive almost everything. Smash+Spear. Another Spear will have to follow unless you get some CHs.
Braviary – Smash + Spear
Breloom – DANGER! Sets 2 & 3 have a faster Spore than you are (134 speed), you´re better off piercing this on sight with your Spears. On the other hand, things generally like to tighten their focus in the Subway only to lose it 
Bronzong – BOOO! Cost me my streak. Most of the time, you will face set 4 (Psychic, Battle Girl & Black Belt, Harlequin etc.) which is set up bait for Suicune. Set 3 is annoying as you never know when it´ll explode. Set 2 is the most dangerous of the bunch as it is able to beat Cune 1on1 (which happened in my case). It will almost always begin with Screen and Rain, so maybe I should change my approach and Smash turn 1 against Bronzong to see the set and act accordingly (Razor Shell set 2 and even set 3, set up Cune on the others)
Carracosta – survives quite a lot actually, either attack it and finish off with Quake or set up Cune,
Chandelure – Smash + Rock Blast, if you´re gutsy Razor Shell (5% more accuracy but risk Flame Body), which you are because you still have CM Cune in the back if Chande burns you or avoids your attack.
Charizard – Smash + Spear. If the Scarf one burns you (it will Heat Wave), just set up Cune.
Claydol – Spear or Smash + Spear
Cobalion – oh man, one of the worst Pokémon to face with my team. It survives everything Cloy throws at it. I Razor Shell right away or Smash + Razor Shell. Chomp´s Quake is your safety belt. Cune can potentially set up as well. Beware of Psych Up Coba that isn´t leading, once I used Spear only to give him my boosts. Don´t panic, that one only has Iron Head to hurt Cune so it should finish Coba off with Scald.
Cofagrigus – Smash + Spear if you don´t feel like stalling, otherwise use Cune. Set 2 could be dangerous with Nasty Plot and Energy Ball, haven´t faced that one, I think. Maybe I have and got rid of it with Cloy/Chomp.
Conkeldurr – DANGER! Spear right away because Superpower + Mach Punch beats you. After the initial Superpower Atk drop, Suicune should be able to set up most of time, but it´s far from easy. Had 2 or 3 of the most difficult battles against Conkeldurr.
Cradily – Smash + Spear. Despite Toxic+Protect+Protect, you should be able to sweep or at least beat 2 & ½ of the oponent´s team and finish off something with Chomp.
Cresselia – switch to Cune and set up, no way to lose against this one leading.
Crobat – Smash + Spear. Watch out for Hypnosis and Taunt, but Bat can´t hurt you much.
Cryogonal – Smash + Spear. Yes Spear. It always KOs.
Darmanitan – Smash + Razor Shell.
Dewgong – Smash + Rock Blast.
Donphan – Spear right away to KO the set 4 QC bastard. You´re better off at low health without a boost than sorry for losing to QC Fissures later. Smash on the other sets.
Dragonite – Spear for the KO. Set 1 will Thunder Wave you, set 2 is faster and will Bolt (potential para), set 4 might QC hax but is Cune set up bait after the Superpower drop. Still, Spear is the safest option for a long streak.
Drapion – Smash + Spear
Drifblim – DANGER! It cost me one of my streaks and almost ended this 623 earlier. Fast paralyzing Thunderbolt opener threat. Just Spear it into oblivion. It´s danger comes from the fact that it threatens both Garchomp (Custap Destiny Bond) and Suicune (Bolt). Watch out for this Baloon.
Druddigon – Smash + Spear
Dugtrio – Smash + Spear
Durant – annoying Bug/Steel is annoying. Razor Shell for the def drop and then depending on its set/what it does Smash/attack again. Garchomp can beat it reliably with Quake after a drop though.
Dusknoir – Suicune
Eelektross – Spear/Smash+Spear or depending on the set go to Chomp and Outrage. Have not faced many Eel leads, there´s a log of one case when it U-Turned into Lapras 3 on my first turn switch to Chomp and I had to improvise and almost lost.
Electivire – Smash+Spear or Spear or switch to Chomp. Vire is one of the very few electrics that isn´t auto-win with Chomp. The Shuca set 4 tends to survive the Quake and OHKO back with Ice Punch which isn´t ideal if you face a Depot Agent - Chomp is able to get the rare clean sweeps against this one. Dmg calc says Chomp´s Quake has a 18,75% chance to OHKO set 4 through Shuca and can´t OHKO set 2, both have Ice Punch. Outrage OHKOs set 4 but has a 50/50 chance to OHKO set 2. Maybe that´s why I often risk the 10% para chance to Smash.
Electrode – Garchomp
Emboar – Smash + Razor Shell. Watch out for QC hax, but you have Cune and Chomp.
Empoleon – auto switch to Cune. One of the most frequent leads because Cloy can´t do sh. against it. If you didn´t get it, set up Cune. Takes long, but you want to win, right?
Entei – Smash + Razor Shell/Rock Blast depending on the set. If it´s the Eruption one, go to Cune and set up a few CMs and a Sub while it Struggles.
Escavalier – Bug/Steels, hate to face them. Razor Shell, follow up with another Shell or Smash depending on what it does. Garchomp is awesome because it straight up 2HKOs all sets with Quake and doesn´t activate Swarm, Custap, Liechi and all that stuff. Note that Fire Fang is not a 100% OHKO, only a 31,25% one plus you don´t want to miss against this. If something goes wrong, Cune should be able to stall Megahorns and set up.
Espeon – Smash + Spear. Frequent lead that you will learn to love.
Excadrill – Smash + Spear.
Exeggutor – Smash + Spear or Spear right away, depending on the set (hint: set 4 knows TR).
Exploud – Smash + Spear
Feraligatr – Smash + Spear/Rock Blast. You should be able to get off some attacks thanks to your defense. Don´t let it get too many DDs off.
Ferrothorn – Smash + Spear. Note that Suicune beats Ferro as none have a Grass attack.
Flareon – Smash + Razor Shell and Spear against the Sash set 1. You have Cune as back up, also Chomp.
Floatzel – Smash + Spear. Can´t get through Cune, whatsoever.
Flygon – Smash + Spear
Forretress – Smash + attack. Set 3 is annoying as it can Explode whenever it feels like it. Almost cost me a game once.
Froslass – Smash + Rock Blast/Spear. Spear KOs if you get a CH among the 5 hits (27,58%). The most frequent set 4 is Cune set up bait. If you´re scared of the set 1 Bolt one, use Spear and finish off with Chomp. You´ve got a Scarf and Aerial Ace, questions?
Gallade – Smash + Spear
Garchomp – Smash + Spear
Gardevoir – DANGER! Strong special attacker with Thunderbolt. It leads with either Bolt or Psychic Gem Psychic. This means you can´t risk a switch to Chomp because you´ll lose it and that´s unforgivable. I use Icicle Spear, it does 135-165 dmg / 143 HP. The dmg calc isn´t as good as it seems. The Spears do 27-28-30-31-33. You need at least a couple of those 30 ones (10/16 chance for one) or a CH. I ´ve seen it faint but also survive.
Gastrodon – Smash + Spear
Gengar – DANGER! Strong special attacker with Sludge Bomb & Thunderbolt. I´d Icicle Spear this depending on the set. I admit I´ve often risked the 70% of not being poisoned and Smashed. Set 1 potentially HypnoEats your team apart because of Sash. Set 2 is Cune bait. Set 3 has Sash, Taunt, Counter and Focus Blast, all of it is bad. Set 4 Sludge Bombs. Maybe if you know the set, you should go to Chomp and Outrage this one. Fortunately, I have not faced many Gar.
Gigalith – Smash + Spear. Watch out for Custap Explosion. Other than that, both Chomp and Cune can beat this.
Glaceon – Smash + Blast, Suicune beats them all if anything goes wrong
Gliscor – Smash + Spear
Golem – Smash + Spear
Golurk – Smash + Spear
Gothitelle – Smash + Spear. Cune should handle set 4 easily if you manage to lose to Flatter confusion hax + Psychic. Note that after a few CMs, the oponent will only use Psych Up.
Granbull – INTIMIDATE and relative bulk, this one´s relatively difficult to take down, as are some other normal types. I´d say Smash + Spear and see what happens. Prepare to use Chomp just in case, because Cune doesn´t like DE.
Gyarados – Smash + Spear. Set 1 is annying, it leads with Twave and I always get fully para on the first turn I attack. Sets 2 and 3 fall to +2 Spear. Set 4 can take the Spear most of the time thanks to Intimidate and max HP, but it can´t do much in return. If you feel like it, use Rock Blast. But Gyarados is too dangerous to give him a shot.
Hariyama – THICK FAT fighter with priority! You should definitely do some damage to it. Razor Shell or Spear right away, or go Smash + attack. If set 3 beats you, use Cune to have it CC for another 2 drops and Scald for the KO. Outrage does min 83% after the first CC def drop so that is another option. Set 1 can´t break Cune´s Sub with Vital Throw. Watch out for Custap Drum set 2. Set 4 IIRC Brick Breaks turn 1 most of the time, but it can also Belly Drum. You need to damage it. +2 Spear against Thick Fat does 105-120 dmg / 219 HP = 48-55%. BB 2HKOs you. I think it´s best to open with Spear to check for Thick Fat and then act accordingly. Statistically, 2x Spear should do more damage than +2 Spear because you have 10 hits instead of 5, so more chances for a CH. Just prepare yourself to lose Cloyster to this one.
Haxorus – Smash + Spear
Heatran – DANGER! I switch to Cune. Set 1 hits hard with Earth Power and always breaks your Sub with it. You need at least 1 CM, then PP stall Earth Power and Dark Pulse. Watch out for sD drops. Set 2 is much more manageable as it will try to WoW Cune most of the time and you´re behind a Sub. Set 3 SunnyBeam is even worse than set 1, also it survives a Quake 50% of the time. Tough one huh. You could Smash + Razor Shell, but set 4 opens with Magma Storm which means instaKO for Cloyster, that´s why I choose the switch to Cune. It still hits like a truck and once got 2 CHs out of the 3 hits with Storm against Cune. You don´t want to face many lead Heatran in your streak.
Heracross – Smash + Spear
Hippowdon – Smash + Spear but it´s possible to lose Cloyster against Hippo if set 1 CHs you with Quake. Watch out for Yawn.
Honchkrow – Spear for the KO. You don´t want to risk it Snatching your boosts (set 3).
Houndoom – Smash + Spear
Hydreigon – Smash + Spear. Don´t be surprised if set 4 flinches you with Dragon Gem Dragon Rush – set up Cune if you lose Cloy or Outrage it.
Infernape – Smash + Rock Blast but WATCH OUT! Annoying Fire type thanks to FO and Sash. You should be able to Smash against sets 1 and 2. Set 3 will beat you with FO+CC but maybe it will CC right away and give you a shot. Set 4 from my experience FO turn 1 and then Encores turn 2, giving you a chance to Smash and KO with Rock Blast through Sash. Don´t be surprised if it Flare Blitzes/CCs though.
Jolteon – Garchomp. Outspeeds and OHKOs all sets.
Jynx – Smash + Spear. They tend to go for the KO with Psychic.
Kangaskhan – Smash + Spear. They will always FO turn 1 and then Sub or attack turn 2. One +2 Spear hit does min. 25,5% dmg so it should always KO even through the Sub. You should survive the 2 hits thanks to your defense.
Kingdra – Smash + Spear. The Sitrus set 3 will sometimes survive, so don´t be surprised.
Klinklang – TOUGH ONE! This sort of laughs at your Razor Shell and statuses you or Volt Switches or Gear Grinds and is faster. I like to go to Garchomp and KO with Quake. Yes maybe you´ll have to eat a Steel Gem Flash Cannon.
Krookodile – Smash + Spear. Donn´t forget Intimidate.
Landorus – Smash + Spear. You can outright KO it with Spear but it´s quite important to be at +2 against Legendary trainers. Rock Slide might flinch you.
Lanturn – Chomp. You only have a 62,5% chance to OHKO set 4, but you should survive the Ice Beam. All other sets fall to Quake.
Lapras – DANGER! Rock Blast right away or Smash + Rock Blast and pray it hits and that Thunder or Thunderbolt didn´t paralyze you. Lapras is one of those Pokémon that seriously counter your whole team thanks to BoltBeam and rather solid bulk. You really don´t want to face many of these. Brightpowder, BoltBeam and potential Water Absorb, a real nightmare.
Latias – Spear! I´ve lost a streak because I tried to Smash. Set 3 will TrickScarf and then proceeed to beat you team.
Latios – Smash + Spear. No TrickScarf set here, but Thunderbolt/Thunder mean para danger.
Leafeon – DANGER! One of the worst Pokémon to face for this team. If you´re unlucky, this beats your whole team or leaves you holding by a thread. Set 4 holds a QC and has insane defense. Smashing here is suicidal and almost cost me a game once (hint: QC activated turn 2). Garchomp has to Outrage for the 2HKO but QC and Leaf Blade high CH ratio means that Chomp will be seriously dent or maybe KOed (it does 43-51% to Chomp). Cune gets 2HKOed and can´t OHKO even at +6. If you didn´t get it by now, Icicle Spear!
Lickilicky – DANGER! Oh man, a normal type that survives a lot. Set 1 paralyzes you, sets 2 and 3 survive a couple of Spears and set 4 paralyzes you with Body Slam, avoids your attacks with Lax Incense and then Explodes. I open with a Spear so that I damage this as much as possible for Chomp to finish off if Cloy fails.
Lilligant – Smash + Spear but this might annoy with Teeter Dance, Leech Seed, Sleep Powder, Toxic etc.
Lopunny – Smash + Spear. If you get a Flame Orb, set up Cune.
Lucario – Smash + Razor Shell. The #1 reason for Razor Shell over Surf is Lucario, because RS always OHKOs at +2 (unless you miss). Fortunately, no Luca set has priority attacks. Set 3 holds a Sash hmm, but most of the time you´ll face set 4.
Ludicolo – DANGER! Seriously, Icicle Spear this one. It likes to open with FO. Set 4 beats Suicune and speed ties with your Cloyster (FO+GK KOs you), but you have Outrage.
Luxray – Garchomp. Watch out for the Baloon one, it survives an Outrage.
Machamp – Smash + Spear if it´s not the Scarf set 3. You should Spear that one and hope for no confusion hax. It will only get at most 2 more DynamicPunches against Cune and Struggle afterwards, you should be able to handle it somehow. Outrage doesn´t OHKO.
Magmortar – Smash + Rock Blast because of Flame Body. Cune should be able to handle it incase of emergency.
Magnezone – WAAAAH GET AWAY FROM ME!!! The worst oponent for this team, period. Where should I start. Razor Shell is a joke against it. All sets have either max HP or max Defense, shhh. Then there´s everyone´s favourite Brightpowder. Flash Cannon has a good shot at 2HKOing Chomp (85-102 dmg / 183 HP = 46-56%), while Sturdy makes them always survive a Quake. Worst thing if they Magnet Rise, oh man. Sometimes, they do it on the switch which means you´ve got to improvise, hard. Yes they will Magnet Rise first even if they can outright KO your Suicune/Cloyster, which sucks. magnezone cost me the streak and almost ended it before that as well. Zone is the main reason I´m reconsidering my EV spread on Garchomp, although I love the speed. I will probably switch to 212 speed and 118 sD to ensure I survive two Flash Cannons everytime (save for CHs). Maybe I could open with a Razor Shell or Spear to break Sturdy, but if it Magnet Rises, Chomp can´t KO and max dmg Fire Fang doesn´t even deal 50%.
Mamoswine – Smash + Spear. Don´t be surprised if it Hails and avoids all your hits.
Mandibuzz – annoying piece of Pokémon that survives a lot of beating. Don´t break you DS if you lose Cloyster to this one. You should either Smash + Spear or Spear.
Manectric – Chomp. This will often Overheat, but also TrickScarf. But your Chomp holds one as well, so you´re fine. You have to Outrage the Baloon set 3, beware of Static.
Marowak – Smash + Spear
Medicham – DANGER! Hits like two trucks, mainly the most frequent LO set 4. It´s better to face this as a lead and Smash + Spear, beacause it will HJK. Hmm now that I look at its movesets, set 1 has Feint and will beat Cloyster if you Smash, watch out for that one. You will see set 4 most of the time, though.
Meganium – Smash + Spear. Set 4 will Seed you.
Metagross – DANGER! Takes Razor Shells like a Champ, hits hard, TrickOrbs, Explodes and survives a Quake sometimes. I open with Razor Shell and finish off with Chomp. If you want to be smart and switch to Chomp to give it a Scarf, it can backfire if Meta decides to Protect next turn which results in a switch afterwards. The Scarf is generally very important on Chomp (that´s why you use it), but againt Psychic trainers, it saves your butt, period. Oh yeah, most of the time you lose Cloyster and finish off with Quake or set up Cune.
Mienshao – DANGER! Fighting priority user. I attack with Spear because HJK + Feint KOs you. You can save Cloyster with a switch to Chomp on the supposed Feint, but don´t be surprised if you get hit by a HJK.
Milotic – Suicune. Stallwar. Long set up.
Miltank – THICK FAT! Don´t worry if you lose Cloy to Milky, Cune should be able to set up.
Mismagius – DANGER! Set 3 knows Bolt, Icy Wind, Shadow Ball and Destiny Bond. You should Spear that one or risk the 10% para chance. Set 4 can be annoying, but it can´t touch you (unless you hurt yourself).
Moltres – Smash + Spear. Burns happen, also CHs and flinches.
Mr. Mime – Smash + Spear
Muk – Garchomp. Don´t be surprised to get a QC Explosion to the face though.
Musharna – DANGER! Spear this. If you get a CH/10, you will 2HKO this. Against set 4, it´s OK to Smash, but set 2 will beat you most of the time. TR+2 Attacks >= 2 Spears > Smash + 1 attack.
Nidoking – I´m ballsy and say Smash + Spear, but you will get poisoned sooner or later. Quake OHKOs though.
Nidoqueen – same as Nidoking, but set 2 may paralyze you.
Ninetales – Smash + Rock Blast because set 4 survives your Razor Shell thanks to Passho. Quake if something goes wrong.
Pinsir – Smash + Spear. You like the set 4 as lead, but not set 3. Lax Incense. Evil item. It´s possible to lose a couple of Pokémon against this one.
Politoed – Smash + Rock Blast/Spear. Maybe you get lucky and it doesn´t hit with its 84% accurate Focus Blast, but Cune stalls this one badly. Set 3 is somewhat dangerous with the Belly Drum and Water Absorb, but Outrage KOs (min 87% dmg) after the Drum.
Poliwrath – DANGER!!! Probably Top 5 or top 3 worst Pokémon to face for this team. Water Absorb Wrath beats Cune 1on1 with Focus Punch, no other Absorber/Storm Drainer does that (except for maybe Lapras 3), because Cune can PP stall Vaporeon and Gastrodon. Much more manageable as a lead, because it will often go for Focus Punch. My Cloy uses Icicle Spear to KO it in like 5 turns. Spear does min 50 damage, which means it always breaks the Sub. Set 2 knows Belly Drum, but you should damage it enough for an Outrage finisher. Even if you don´t, Outrage KOs set 2 after the Drum/Shell Bell recovery.
Porygon-Z – DANGER! A hard hitting special attacker that can take an Outrage. Tri attack statuses, BoltBeam, etc. On top of that, all team members give it a spA Download boost (as if it needed that). Icicle Spear and then finish off with Garchomp.
Porygon2 – DANGER! Lol if Z is dangerous, this one´s even worse. Much bulkier, but hits almost as hard. Unboosted Spear does 57% min damage against sets 134, but set 1 holds a Sitrus. Set 2 takes min 33% from a Spear. Not even Spear + Outrage is enough to KO this, most of the time. It´s probably wiser to PP stall this one.
Probopass – DANGER! I switch to Chomp, but it doesn´t like STAB LO Flash Cannon. Sometimes I Razor Shell first to check the set, but 3 sets are able to paralyze you in one way or another.
Quagsire – Smash + Spear
Raichu – Chomp. Those two Focus Sash sets are annoying. Set 1 uses Thief as you break its Sash, stealing your Scarf. Set 3 uses Reversal, which does over half.
Raikou – Chomp or Smash + Spear. Shuca and 2 Air Baloons and Magnet Rise means you will Outrage this most of the time. Can´t do much to Chomp other than Shadow Ball. Smashing is risky because of Volt Switch and Bolt/Thunder para chance.
Rampardos – Smash + Spear.
Rapidash – Smash + Razor Shell/Spear. Watch out for the annoying set 3 with Horn Drill, it´s Sashed. After Flare Blitz recoil, +2 Spear should KO.
Regice – DANGER! The epitome of bulky BoltBeamer. Set 1 takes 61-72% from Outrage, so it can survive 2 hits (Sitrus), obviously OHKOing back with a Beam. You have to be gutsy and Smash + Rock Blast this or Rock Blast right away, hoping that it hits and you didn´t get paralyzed. Otherwise you´re in for a close battle, more like loss. You will face many legendary trainers (1/10), hope they don´t use Regice very often.
Regigigas – DANGER! More like annoying piece of... It can´t get it going but takes hits like a champ, plus uses DT and parafusionflinch hax. Yes it is possible to lose to Regigigas. It will surely hurt. Smash + Spear and hope for the best.
Regirock – DANGER! This one´s tougher to handle than it seems. Smash + Spear. Razor Shell is kind of risky plus it activates Custap Explosion, so you´ll lose 1,5 Pokémon. Finish off with Quake or Scald. Smash first because set 4 uses Rock Polish, which flinches with Slide and then Explodes.
Registeel – Suicune. You should be able to stall/set up even if it´s the Rock Polish set 2 with ThunderPunch (max 50 dmg doesn´t break your 51 HP Sub).
Reuniclus – DANGER! This is similar to Musharna. It´s very bulky and survives +2 Spear. You´re better off using Spear twice, hope for some CHs. Set 4 will TrickOrb so you only get 2 turns.
Rhyperior – Smash + Spear. The super defense monster set 3 will survive a +2 STAB SE Spear with Solid Rock, not many other Pokémon can do that. On the other hand, Cloy doesn´t care about Payback.
Roserade – Spear or Smash+Spear, why? Because Sludge Bomb poisons. Maybe set 3 will Leaf Storm instead, but who knows. The other sets are annoyers.
Salamence – Smash + Spear. Set 1 has Scary Face, set 2 Slide flinch...but Sala is overall a good and safe Smash candidate. Don´t forget Intimidate.
Samurott – Suicune. A bulky water = a job for Cune. Set 4 knows Grass Knot but you should have plenty of CMs under your belt by the time it starts using that. Noticed the AI doesn´t consider GK 100 base power against Cune and uses other attacks first.
Sawk – Smash + Spear.
Sceptile – Smash + Spear sets 2-4, Spear set 1 or if you don´t know the set. Set 1 has Leaf Storm + QA which beats Smash. Fast grass type with strong STAB attacks, the team doesn´t like that, get rid of this ASAP.
Scizor – DANGER! Bug/Steel, Cloyster doesn´t like those. Razor Shell is a joke, but I use it. Go for the defense drop so that Garchomp has an easier time finishing this off. Also watch the dmg output to see if it´s Technician or Swarm. It´s possible to set up Cune on Swarm set 4. Set 3 knows SD, holds a LO and may U-Turn. Watch out for that. Scizor is one of those Pokémon that Cloyster can and will often lose to.
Scrafty – DANGER! Bulky as hell plus STAB fighting attacks. Garchomp will have to finish it off, should Cloy fail. It happens.
Seismitoad – Smash + Spear. Set 1 Sludge Wave poisons, but is set up bait for Cune.
Serperior – DANGER! Similar to Sceptile, but worse because of Powder set 3. Serp can take a hit and Leaf Storm hurts. It´s probably best to Spear, because the odd Leaf Tornado lowers accuracy.
Shiftry – Smash + Spear
Shuckle – DANGER! More like annoying thing. Most of the time, you´ll live with a +2, but at low health maybe only able to KO one more Pokémon. Smash + attack. Set 4 stalls like crazy with Toxic+Protect, Set 3 knows DT but even Aerial Ace should be enough after the Power Trick. Hmm set 1 uses Gastro Acid and Power Split, but you´ll be able to get to +6, which should be enough for the rest of the battle. Watch out for Encore though.
Skarmory – DANGER! +2 Spear is not a sure KO on the WW or Roar sets. You KO the Scarf set though.
Skuntank – Smash + Spear. I remember a few instances where this annoyed me. Don´t underestimate LO Foul Play and Taunt.
Slaking – Smash twice + Spear.
Slowbro – Suicune. You should fully set up on each set.
Slowking – Suicune. Set 3 Specs Psychic hurts like hell though. Not sure which attack it uses against Cloy. You have to stall with Cune and set up on Struggle (with Cloy).
Snorlax – DANGER! Thick Fat, max defense on all sets. I use Razor Shell to get a def. drop. You should do enough damage for Chomp to finish off. Chomp´s Outrage does 117-138/235 = 49,8-58,7% against sets 123 and 106-126/235 = 45-53,6% against set 4.
Spiritomb - Smash + Spear if you feel like it, otherwise set up Cune. Beware of set 2 Taunt.
Staraptor – Smash + Spear
Starmie – DANGER!!! If you misplay, you´ll lose easily. If it´s set 4 (Psychic), switch to Chomp-Bolt, switch to Cune-Beam, repeat until you PP waste Ice Beam and then Outrage relatively safely. Outrage does 129-153 dmg / 135 HP, so a 75% OHKO (12/16) and one of the main reasons Chomp is Scarfed. Otherwise, Starmie would own this team badly. Against the other sets, you can risk Smash + Rock Blast, which always KOs unless you miss. Also, Cune should be able to set up against those 3.
Steelix – Smash + Spear/Razor Shell. Lix will take a few hits though. The QC Stone Edge set 3 one is able to beat Cloy and will Explode next turn.
Suicune – Suicune. There´s no way that your Cune loses to the AI´s. If you PP waste the attacks, you can set up +6 Cloy. One of the very rare occasions.
Swampert – Smash + Spear. It will probably survive the first.
Tangrowth – DANGER! Physical defensive Grass type. Similar to Leafeon and as dangerous. Set 4 Lax Incense is really bad. Consider a turn 1 Icicle Spear.
Tauros – Intimidate. Smash + Spear, but it´ll probably survive.
Tentacruel – DANGER! I´m not sure though. Set 4 has max defense, so Rock Blast won´t do much. You should definitely do some damage, because set 3 is Sashed. Chomp is a good check with Quake.
Terrakion – Smash + Spear. You outspeed the Scarf one (240) after the Smash (244), Spear always KOs even through Sitrus. Sacred Sword having a higher base power than Slide means Smashing is safe.
Throh – Smash + Spear, lives though. Isn´t as dangerous as Hariyama or Conkeldurr, but don´t underestimate it.
Thundurus – DANGER! Instead of Bolt/Discharge/Volt Switch, sets 2 and 4 can Focus Blast, which the incoming Chomp doesn´t like. Sets 234 have a 12,5% chance to survive an Outrage. Set 1 can only Toxic against Chomp. Sometimes I boldly Smash, sometimes I switch.
Togekiss – DANGER! Sets 134 use Thunder Wave. Set 2 does surprisingly much damage with ExtremeSpeed if Hustle. I do switch to Chomp and Outrage 2HKOs..well it doesn´t. Set 4 is nasty thanks to Sitrus and survives a Spear as well. Its Air Slash does 36% max to Chomp. This is a tough one. Sacrifice Cloy and hit with Spear against set 4, otherwise use Chomp.
Tornadus – Smash + Spear. Don´t be surprised if Hurricane confuses you. Most of the time, it Focus Blasts, I think.
Torterra – Smash + Spear.
Toxicroak – Smash + Spear. Sludge Bomb poisons and sets 1 & 4 know Taunt and Sucker Punch. You should be able to set up. If not, you have Chomp.
Typhlosion – Smash + Razor Shell / Rock Blast. You´ll outspeed the Scarf Eruption set after a Smash. Set 1 holds Passho, so it can survive Razor Shell. You should know the set after you Smash. Set 1 uses Thrower, Set 2 Inferno (if it hits Cloy falls) or Focus Blast, set 3 uses Eruption and set 4 uses Power Herb SolarBeam. If Cloy fails, Cune sets up on 234 easily, SunnyBeam set 1 could be troublesome. Chomp´s Quake OHKOs though.
Tyranitar – DANGER! I switch to Chomp. With Sand Veil, there´s a good chance it avoids the Rock attack. Set 1 Thunder Waves and then either Flings or Stealth Rocks as it survives your Quake. Set 2 knows Ice Beam, but it obviously won´t use it on the switch, plus it´s hasty with 0 HP / 0 def which means Quake always OHKOs. You should OHKO set 3 as well, unless you roll absolutely minimum damage. Set 4 likes Superpower but it´s Sashed. What I do against set 4 is set up Cune after the atk drop. After a few CMs it will try to Dragon Tail you out, which does laughable damage and you should be always behind a Sub.
Umbreon – Smash + Spear. You will need a couple of Spears. If for some reason Cloyster falls (confusion hax, for example), set up Cune.
Unfezant – Smash + Spear. Tailwind, Sky Attack, Sky Attack and Powder/Toxic/Detect/Fly. Don´t be surprised if you flinch or miss. 2x Smash against the Tailwinder.
Ursaring – DANGER! Obligatory normal type that can take a hit an dishes out pain as well. Actually the only set to look out for is set 4 because of QC Cross Chop. Maybe Spear this one from the get go or lose Cloyster if QC activates turn 2.
Vanilluxe – Smash + Rock Blast. If anything goes wrong, Cune sets up on each set. Watch out for set 3 Sheer Cold, always hide behind a Sub.
Vaporeon – WORST STALLWAR OF ALL! Yeah, you will face Vaporeon way too many times. Don´t try to be the hero with Cloy and always go to Cune and PP stall. You will have to go all the way to Struggle KO with 4 attack set 4. If the other sets have no more direct damaging moves, you can set up +6 Cloy. Facing Vappy at every point in a battle prolongs it horribly. Patience is key.
Venusaur – Smash + Spear. Not sure if set 4 starts with Sludge Bomb, more like Seed. You should be able to set up. Watch out for Overgrow, mostly set 3 (this can also Sludge Bomb). Use Aerial Ace instead of Quake or Outrage. It´s a safe 2HKO but doesn´t activate Overgrow.
Vespiquen – Smash + Spear.
Victreebel – DANGER! Maybe I should´ve wrote this for Venu as well. ¾ Vicy sets speed tie with Cloy. It´s better to Spear it, you don´t like Sludge Bombs flying around.
Vileplume – Similar to Vicy, Stun Spore, Teeter Dance, DT, Sludge Bomb, a lot of annoying stuff.
Virizion – Smash + Spear, this one has got no priority attacks.
Volcarona – DANGER! It´s Volca, after all. It can burn you with a Fire move or confuse you with Hurricane. Rock Blast doesn´t always hit. Quake doesn´t always 2HKO sets 3 and 4 (46-54%) so watch out.
Wailord – Smash and see what set it is. Yes it´s a Water type and Cune handles all sets (well, with difficulties if they get too many Curses), but there´s still the little risk of switching into a Fissure (set 4). This one used Hyper Beam most of the time though, so Smash twice and Rock Blast KOs.
Walrein – Smash + Rock Blast. Cune stalls and beats all sets though. Try to burn the Ice Ball set 2, just in case.
Weavile – Smash + Rock Blast/Spear. They will almost always Fake Out turn 1. Two sets are Sashed, Spear has a good chance to KO if you get average damage rolls or a CH. Watch out for Taunt.
Weezing – DANGER! I don´t like set 3 which knows Thunder and Sludge Bomb, so if they hit and status, Cloy falls. I use Chomp against set 3. Set 1 knows Haze and will use it against your Cune. Cune should be able to handle set 2, set 3 is rather difficult due to Thunder, but set 4 is set up bait (if WoW misses even Cloy sets up).
Whiscash – Smash + Spear. Muddy Water lowers accuracy sometimes, I´ve lost Cloy against set 4 once. Cune sets up, but stay behind a Sub, because it knows Fissure.
Yanmega – Smash + Spear. You could lose badly if they used Detect turn 2 with Speed Boost, but they never did that against me. Fortunately they tend to go for Bug Buzz/Giga Drain and not Air Slash.
Zapdos – DANGER! It´s Zapdos, after all. I either Smash + Spear or recently go to Chomp and Outrage. They can´t do much to Chomp, but set 1 once got a CH Air Cutter which wasn´t very cool. Never forget set 2 the streak killer Powder/DT. Cune should stall that despite Charge Beam (it´s only 10 PP, 5 against Cune).
Zebstrika – Chomp. They can´t really touch you, but two hold a Sash and one a Baloon, so act accordingly.
Zoroark – DANGER! This can mess you up depending what illusion it does, mostly if you switch. Chomp beats it 1on1.[/size]

Day 1 (Friday, April 6th, 2012): 63 battles from #1 to #63
Day 2 (Saturday, April 7th, 2012): 189 battles from #64 to #252

#110 vs Battle Girl – Darmanitan, Mienshao, Throh: Fire Punch-Shell Smash then missed Razor Shell, Drum+Sitrus vs Cune, Scald didn´t KO but Darm Yawned next turn, Mien survived Outrage with 1%, FO+HJK+Feint KOed Chomp, Cune avoided second HJK, beat Throh 1on1
- note to self: Outrage does 154-183/172 against Mien4, which is only a 37,5% chance to OHKO

#136 vs Pokémon Breeder: Cloy beat foe´s lead, did 95% to Slaking, Gunk Shot KO, LO dmg KO, Chomp vs Walrein 4, avoided Outrage and hit with 4/6 OHKO moves, Cune beat it.

#145 vs Pokémon Breeder – Togekiss, Salamence, Aggron: switch to Chomp, Outrage-Sitrus-Air Slash, Outrage-confused-Air Slash, switch to Cune-Air Slash CH, Sub-Twave, Scald KO, Sala never hurt itself plus got a CH and beat Cune, Cloy Smash Spear KO, Spear Aggron to break Sash/Sturdy to ensure Chomp finishing off with Quake.

#146 vs Cyclist Dante – Serperior, Shiftry, Exploud: Cloy missed Spear thanks to Powder, set up Cune

#200 vs Baker – Typhlosion, Exeggutor, Shiftry: Thrower-Smash, didn´t check set, Razor Shell-Passho-3%left-Thrower Cloy KO, Chomp Quake KO, Chomp Quake vs Eggy, Curse (set 2), switch to Cune, Scald Burn, 2xCM, SubStallScald, Cune beat Shiftry as well

#202 vs Clerk set 3 – Metagross, Gengar, Mandibuzz: Meta beat Cloy, Chomp Quake KO Meta, foe Gar in, switch in Cune, Shadow Ball CH, Scald-Counter, switch to Chomp, Focus Blast, Chomp Outrage KO Gar, Outrage-Sitrus-Nasty Plot Mandi, Outrage-confused-Nasty Plot, switch to Cune-Dark Pulse 2HP left, Scald 1% left-Pulse KO, Chomp Outrage KO

#217 vs Gentleman – Regirock, Latios, Thundurus: Razor Shell 40%-Rock Polish, Slide miss-Smash, Razor Shell miss-Polish, Slide flinch, Slide KO, Slide-Chomp Quake KO, foe Latios Outrage switch in Cune, Outrage 49 HP left, Sub failed, Latios confused, Latios DM through confusion KO Cune, Chomp Outrage, Latios KO, Thund Taunt-Chomp Outrage KO

#225 vs Artist Rikkyu – Klinklang, Porygon-Z, Starmie: switch to Chomp, Shift Gear, Shift Gear-Quake OHKO, Quake-Ice Beam OHKO, Spear Pory KO, Power Gem-Shell Smash, Rock Blast KO

#251 vs Doctor Levant – Whiscash, Escavalier, Feraligatr: Smash-Muddy Water accuracy drop, Spear-avoided-muddy KO, Cune set up

DAY 3 (Sunday, April 8th, 2012): 147 battles from #253 to #399

#259 vs Clerk Ulfgang – Raichu, Escavalier, Ludicolo: Bolt-Smash, Spear KO, Razor Shell-Iron Head KO, Quake KO, switch to Cune-FO, Seed-Sub, Scald-Pump, Pump-avoided-Sub failed, Pump-Sub, Knot-Scald Burn, Knot KO, Chomp Outrage KO (has a 81,25% chance to OHKO at full health, the burn made it sure)
- I´ve noticed before that the AI doesn´t consider Grass Knot´s actual base power against Cune (100) and always uses up other attacks first (Hydro Pump Ludicolo 4, Hydro Pump Samurott 4)

#262 vs Pokémon Breeder – Snorlax, Claydol, Roserade: Smash-DE, Razor Shell def drop-Sitrus-DE KO, Outrage KO, Outrage-Zenbutt, Custap Explosion Chomp KO, Cune vs stall Rose that has 1 more speed point, Seed-Sub, CM-Protect/CM-Toxic until 100 HP, Giga Drain CH, Sub broke, Rest, Protect-asleep, Protect-asleep, Protect-Sub, third Giga Drain another CH but had Sub up, able to stall because it didn´t use Giga Drain properly

#267 vs Pilot Artemas – Drifblim, Tornadus, Vespiquen: the baloon has ended one of my previous streaks so I straight up attack it, Bolt CH para (lol)-Spear KO, Torn LO Focus Blast KO, Chomp Outrage KO, CH Outrage OHKO

#271 vs Backpacker – Conkeldurr, Honchkrow, Luxray: Smash-Force Palm, Spear 20% left-Palm KO, Chomp Quake KO, Honch Nasty Plot on the switch to Cune, set up +5 in between Subbing and Nasty Plot/Protect, 97 HP left naked, Scald OHKO, Scald OHKO

#287 vs Ace Trainer – Chandelure, Kingdra, Aggron: Smash-Heat Wave, Rock Blast-avoided-ball KO, set up Cune

#290 vs Ace Trainer Gwen – Snorlax, Gardevoir, Tyranitar: Smash-DE CH-Sash, Razor Shell-def drop-Crunch KO, very difficult set up Cune

#293 vs Veteran – Suicune, Cobalion, Articuno: stalled Surf/Ice Beam on foe´s CM Cune, set up +6 Cloy on Rest, used Spear on Coba, Sword+QA KOed Cloy, very difficult set up Cune where I called a CH when Cune was waking up at 130 HP and used Rest instead of Sub to save the day.

#300 vs PKMN Ranger Smokey – Scrafty, Abomasnow, Marowak: Smash-HJK-Sash, Spear KO, foe Aboma3
dmg calcs Fire Fang does 176-208/197 – if I switch to Cune to absorb the Ice Shard and then back to Cloy to sacrifice on Wood Hammer, Chomp has a 6/16=37,5% OHKO chance with Fire Fang (rand. dmg roll 95-100), but then I came up with the idea to Sub once with Cune, Wood Hammer recoil against Cune´s sub is 17, so 197-17=180, which means Chomp now has a 14/16=87,5% OHKo chance with Fire Fang (rand. dmg roll 87-100)
- switch to Cune-Shard, Sub-Hammer, switch to Cloy-Hammer Cloy KO, Chomp Fire Fang Aboma KO, foe Wak, switch in Cune-Quake, lives and Scalds, didn´t KO but game over

The damage calc is wrong, for some reason I used 55 base power for Fire Fang. Figured out this mistake a few hundred battles later lol, at #522. 200 atk Fire Fang always OHKOs Aboma

VIDEO No. 58-31729-38242

#306 vs Psychic – Starmie, Slowbro, Espeon: switch to Chomp-Bolt, Cune-Beam, Chomp-Bolt, Cune-Beam, Chomp-Bolt, Cune-Beam freeze, Chomp-Bolt, Cune-Beam, Chomp-Bolt, Cune-Beam, Chomp-Bolt, Outrage-5% left-Psychic, Outrage-KO-confused, Cune-Blizzard, Scald-Psychic, Sub-TR, Psychic-Sub, Psychic-Rest, Psychic-asleep, Psychic-asleep, Psychic CH-woke up CM TR ended, Rest ... fully set up Cune

#310 vs Black Belt Harimao – Darmanitan, Escavalier, Ferrothorn: Smash-Fire Punch CH-Sash, Razor Shell-avoided-Quake KO, Chomp Quake OHKO, Quake-Megahorn, Quake KO, switch to Cune-Curse, Sub-Curse, 3rd Scald CH + Burn, stall + 2CM Scalds

#311 vs Maid Fesan – Typhlosion, Serperior, Venusaur: Thrower-Sash-burn-Smash-burn KO, very difficult set up with Cune due to SunnyBeam and 3 CH Flame Bursts, Typhlo fainted to Struggle recoil, Cune won

#318 vs PKMN Breeder – Starmie, Vanilluxe, Krookodile: Chomp-Bolt, Cune-Beam ... 3rd Beam froze, 5th CHed, Outrage OHKOd, Outrage-Sitrus-Ice Beam OHKO, Smash-Taunt, Spear, Spear

#319 vs Biker Petro – Dragonite, Metagross, Salamence: Bolt-Sash-Spear KO, Bullet KO, Sub-Quake, Bullet-Sub broke-CM, Sub-MM, Bullet-Scald, Bullet-sub broke-Scald CH KO, Claw-Sub, DD-Scald, Claw-Sub broke-Scald, Claw-Scald burn, Claw KO, Chomp Outrage KO

#344-350 = Perfect Seven

#374 vs Biker – Musharna, Venusaur, Cradily: Spear 45%-Psychic-Sash, Spear-1CH-KO, Grass Knot KO, DMG CALC Outrage / Quake / Aerial Ace – used AA which does 58-68% to not risk giving him an Overgrow boost, Cune beat Cradily

#382 vs Psychic – Metagross, Gengar, Drifblim: switch to Chomp-Trick, switch to Cune-Protect, foe switch to Gar-Cune Sub, Bolt-Sub broke-CM, Bolt-Scald, Destiny Bond-Scald-double KO, Chomp vs Meta, Quake-MM, Quake KO, Chomp vs Drifblim, Quake-unaffected-Shadow Ball-Toxic damage-Chomp KO, Cloy vs Blim, Bolt-Sash-Spear KO

#399 vs PKMN Breeder Eoin – Leafeon, Tangrowth, Conkeldurr: Smash-Leaf Blade CH-Sash, QC Leaf Blade KO, Detect-Outrage, Outrage55%-Leaf Blade CH 12/183, Outrage KO, switch to Cune-Mach Punch, Sub-Fling-Sub broke, Sub-Superpower-Sub broke 111 Hp left, Mach Punch CH 47 HP left, Sub, too weak, Sub-Superpower-Sub broke, 20HP left, Rest-Superpower, asleep-Slide, Mach-asleep, Mach-Sub, Mach-CM, CM-slide, mach-CM, CM-slide-sub broke, Sub-Slide avoided, CM-slide, Mach-CM, Mach-Sub, Mach-Sub broke-Rest, Mach-asleep, mach-asleep, Mach-Sub, Mach-Scald CH OHKO, Scald 95% Burn-Power Whip-avoided, burn dmg KO

VIDEO No. 56-38280-75391
DAY 4 (Monday, April 9th, 2012): 126 battles from #400 to #525

#407 vs Biker – Gyaradosm, Starmie, Escavalier: Twave-Smash, DD-fully para, Aqua Tail-Spear KO, Signal Beam KO, Outrage-Sash-Surf, Outrage KO, Outrage-Megahorn KO, Sub-Megahorn CH, Sub-Megahorn, Sub-Quick Quard, Scald-Megahorn avoided, CM-QG, 3CM Scald finished off

#409 vs Scientist Charis – Porygon2, Machamp, Eelektross: Spear-Tri Attack-Sash, Spear KO, Spear-Payback KO, Protect-Outrage, Protect-Outrage-burn KO, Outrage-Thrower Burn, Protect-Outrage-protected-confused, switch to Cune-Thrower, Protect-Sub, CM-Charge Beam, CM-Charge Beam ...attacked with +2 or +3 CM Scald and won

#425 vs Fisherman – Ludicolo, Starmie, Milotic: FO-flinched, Spear-Pump, Spear-KO, Bolt KO, switch back and forth between Cune & Chomp to PP waste Ice Beam, Outrage-1% left-Psychic, Outrage KO-confused, Cune beat Coat/Recover Milo in a loong battle

#427 vs Socialite – Cobalion, Regice, Raikou: Close Combat-Sash-Razor Shell def drop, Iron Head KO, Chomp Quake KO, switch to Cune-Beam, switch to Chomp-Bolt, back and forth, last Beam froze Cune, under 100 HP, dmg calced Outrage, does 61-72% to Regice 1 which holds a Sitrus, prayed for no min damage, Outrage CH OHKO!!! and another OHKO on Raikou!!! Thanks, mr. save my butt

#454 vs Artist – Klinklang, Porygon2, Spiritomb: misplayed switch to Cune-Volt Switch to P2-Download, dmg calcs, CM-Bolt red HP (set 3 Specs), switch to Chomp-unaffected, Quake 55%-Bolt-unaffected, foe switch to Tomb-Quake 60%, Quake KO, P2, Quake KO, Klink, Quake-Shuca-Gear Grind, Quake KO

#456 vs Fisherman – Floatzel, Slowbro, Vaporeon: Waterfall-LO-Smash, Spear KO, Spear-Psychic KO, difficult set up Cune due to a CH Psychic and 2 sD drops, switched to Vaporeon after most of PP were depleted, insane stall against 4 attack Vappy

#460 vs Socialite Saty – Heatran, Virizion, Tornadus: switch to Cune-Magma Storm CH, Magma Storm-Rest, Magma Storm CH-asleep, can´t switch Struggle-asleep, Struggle-Sub, Struggle-CM, Struggle-CM-fainted, foe Viri, Leaf Blade Sub broke, Scald burn, switch to Chomp Leaf Blade, Protect-Outrage, Protect-failed-Outrage KO, Rain Dance-Outrage CH OHKO

#477 vs Veteran – Zapdos, Landorus, Terrakion: switch to Chomp-Thunder, Outrage-Petaya-Screen, Outrage KO-confused, foe Lando, switch to Cloy-Bulldoze, Slide-Flinch, Slide KO, difficult set up with Cune, but Cune won

#487 vs Veteran – Snorlax, Kingdra, Mienshao: Spear-Thick Fat-DE, Razor Shell-def drop-Sitrus-DE CH KO, Quake KO, foe Kingdra, Quake-DM OHKO-White Herb, Protect-Sub, Surf-CM, DM-CM, fully set up Cune

#491 vs Scientist – Gardevoir, Beartic, Gyarados: Psychic Gem Psychic CH-Sash-Spear-1% left, Bolt CH KO, Outrage KO, foe Bear, Outrage 95%-Icicle Crash OHKO, BB CH-Sub, set up Cune, Scald hardly 3HKO on Gyara but got a CH

#494 vs Gentleman Kavan – Regirock, Terrakion, Zapdos: Smash-Stone Edge-Sash, Spear-Stone Edge KO, Outrage KO, Outrage-Kion Bulldoze, Sacred Sword 56 Hp left-Outrage KO, foe Zap, switch to Cune-Heat Wave, Bolt-Scald, Bolt KO, Outrage KO
- note that a few battles ago I faced the same Regirock and used Smash+Razor Shell only to activate Custap, thankfully it missed the first Stone Edge

#495 vs Clerk Bank – Machamp, Ursaring, Houndoom: switch to Cune-Dynamicpunch, Dynamicpunch-hurt itself, Dynamicpunch-hurt itself, switch to Cloy-Struggle, Struggle-Smash, Smash-Struggle, Spear KO, Spear KO, Spear KO

#508 vs Veteran – Conkeldurr, Gyarados, Garchomp: Spear-Superpower, switch to Cune-Mach Punch, Sub-Fling, CM-Superpower... set up Cune but couldn´t 3HKO Gyarados until I had only 4 PP so I switched on the wake up Rest turn to Cloy, Smash-asleep, Spear KO, Spear KO

#517 vs Veteran Risha – Thundurus, Latios, Regigigas: switch to Chomp-Focus Blast CH 5 HP left, Outrage OHKO, foe Latios, Outrage OHKO-confused, foe Gigas, hurt itself KO-Drain Punch there was no target, Cune set up but almost lost to Confusion hax

#522 vs Artist Rikkyu – Forretress, Magnezone, Claydol:
1. Smash-Bug Bite
2. Razor Shell-no def drop-Bug Bite
3. Rock Blast-avoided-Bug Bite KO
4. Cune Sub-Bug Bite CH
5. Sub-Bite
6. CM-Bite
7. CM-Bite
8. Sub-Bite
9. CM-Explosion-Sub broke, 85 HP left
- foe Zone

Set 4 Electric Gem KOs through +3, the others don´t.

10. Switch to Chomp, Magnet Rise (oh shit)

Magnezone 1 Magnet 177 90 135 200 99 80 Metal Sound Flash Cannon Thunderbolt Magnet Rise
Magnezone 3 BrightPowder 145 81 167 200 110 80 Charge Beam Flash Cannon Magnet Rise Thunder Wave

Very long analysis follows...

200 spA Flash Cannon vs 106 sD = 85-102 dmg / 183 HP = 46,45-55,74% Zone vs Chomp
200 spA Flash Cannon vs 135 sD = 35-40 dmg / 205 HP = 17,1-19,5% Zone vs Cune
200 atk Fire Fang vs 167 def = 60-72 dmg / 145 HP = 41,38-49,66% Chomp vs Zone
200 atk Fire Fang vs 135 def = 74-88 dmg / 177 HP = 41,81-49,72% Chomp vs Zone

85 HP left
Alternative 1:
Switch to Cune, Flash Cannon 35-40, Lefties -> 57-62 HP
Switch to Chomp, Bolt
Switch to Cune, Flash Cannon 35-40, Lefties -> 29-39 HP

WHAT HAPPENED:

11. Switch to Chomp, Magnet Rise (MR1)
12. Switch to Cune, Metal Sound (set 1), Lefties, 97 HP left (MR2)
13. Switch to Chomp, Thunderbolt, doesn´t affect (MR3)
14. Switch to Cune, Flash Cannon, 61/205, Lefties, 73/205 (MR4)
15. Switch to Chomp, Thunderbolt, doesn´t affect, MR5, electromagnetism wore off
16. Chomp Quake, CH, Zone KO
- foe Claydol

Claydol 1 Absorb Bulb 167 81 125 90 189 95 Psychic Ice Beam Protect Calm Mind
Claydol 2 Sitrus Berry 167 90 172 81 140 95 Sandstorm Toxic Cosmic Power Explosion
Claydol 3 Ground Gem 135 81 125 134 172 95 Earth Power Psychic Ally Switch Ice Beam
Claydol 4 Custap Berry 135 134 125 81 172 95 Earthquake Zen Headbutt Rock Slide Explosion

Set 1 will CM or Ice Beam, 12-14 to Cune, 124-148 to Chomp
Set 2 will Toxic/Cosmic Power
Set 3 will Ice Beam, 17-21 to Cune, 180-216 to Chomp
Set 4 will Earthquake, 42-51 to Cune, 67-79 to Chomp

Outrage does 109-129 to Clay 134 =

WHAT HAPPENED:

17. Switch to Cune, Ice Beam, 60/205 (13 dmg = set 1), Lefties, 72/205

Psychic does 34-42, can´t risk to CM naked because of a potential CH

18. Suicune used Substitute, Claydol used Calm Mind 1, Lefties, 33/205
19. Suicune used Calm Mind 1, Claydol used Psychic 1-2, Lefties, 45/205
20. Suicune used Calm Mind 2, Claydol used Psychic 3-4, Sub broke, Lefties, 57/205
21. Claydol used Protect, Suicune used Substitute, Lefties, 18/205
22. Suicune used Calm Mind 3, Claydol used Psychic 5-6, Lefties, 30/205
23. Suicune used Calm Mind 4, Claydol used Calm Mind 2, Lefties, 42/205
24. Claydol used Protect, Suicune used Calm Mind 5, Lefties, 54/205
25. Suicune used Scald, CH OHKO
2-0

VIDEO No.: 95-10978-84525
DAY 5 (Tuesday, April 10th, 2012): 99 battles from #526 to #624

#541 vs Artist Rikkyu: Probopass, Drifblim: Razor Shell-Bolt-LO, Razor Shell KO, foe Blim, Shadow Ball KO

Drifblim 3 Wise Glasses 225 90 96 110 74 145 Shadow Ball Thunderbolt Icy Wind Destiny Bond
Drifblim 4 Custap Berry 225 90 70 110 106 132 Shadow Ball Thunderbolt Hypnosis Destiny Bond

Outrage vs set 3 does 142-165 dmg / 225 HP = 63,1-73,3%
Outrage vs set 4 does 190-228 dmg / 225 HP = 84,4-100% activates Custap Destiny Bond next turn

Icy Wind does 88-108 dmg to Chomp
Shadow Ball does 57 dmg to Chomp
Thunderbolt does 60-72 dmg to Cune, 40-48 at +1
Shadow Ball does 37-45 to Cune

WHAT HAPPENED:
Chomp in
Switch to Cune, Hypnosis 1-2
Switch to Chomp, Bolt 1
Switch to Cune, Shadow Ball 2-3, Lefties, 177/205
Switch to Chomp, Bolt 2
Switch to Cune, Shadow Ball 4-5, Lefties, 149/205
Chomp, Bolt 3
Cune, Hypno 3-4, Lefties, 161/205
Chomp, Bolt 4
Cune, Shadow Ball 6-7, Lefties 134/205

Chomp, Bolt 5
Cune, Hypno 5-6, Lefties, 146/205
Chomp, Bolt 6
Cune, Shadow Ball 8-9, Lefties, 115/205
Chomp, Bolt 7
Cune, Hypno 7-8, Lefties, 127/205
Chomp, Bolt 8
Cune, Shadow Ball 10-11, Lefties, 102/205
Chomp, Bolt 9
Cune, Hypno 9-10, Lefties, 114/205
Chomp, Bolt 10
Cune, Hypno 11-12, Lefties, 126/205
Chomp, Bolt 11
Cune, Shadow Ball 12-13, Lefties, 96/205
Chomp, Bolt 12
Cune, Shadow Ball 14-15 CH, sD drop, Lefties, 32/205
Chomp, Bolt 13
Cune, Hypno 13-14
Chomp, Bolt 14
Cune, Hypno 15-16
Chomp, Bolt 15
Cune, Hypno 17-18, Lefties, 68/205
Destiny Bond, fast asleep
Destiny Bond, woke up, CM
Hypnosis, fast asleep (oops should´ve Subbed first)
Struggle, fast asleep
Struggle, CM
Struggle, CM
Struggle, Sub
Custap Struggle, CM, Lefties, 106/205 behind a Sub
- foe Starmie
Cosmic Power, Scald burn
Reflect Type, Scald, Sitrus
Reflect Type, Scald KO
2-0

#547 vs PKMN Ranger Ivy who says she wants to end my winning streak, I´m scared - Eelektross, Lapras, Aerodactyl: misplay, switch to Chomp-U-Turn to Lapras

Lapras 3 BrightPowder 237 94 100 150 115 80 Surf Ice Beam Thunderbolt Psychic

Switch back and forth between Chomp & Cune

Beam-bolt
Beam-bolt
Beam-bolt
Beam-CH-bolt
Beam-bolt Beam PP wasted, Bolt 5 =10 PP left

Outrage, Surf 52/183
Outrage, Lapras fainted
- foe Aero
Outrage, Aero fainted, Chomp confused
- foe Eel
Switch to Cune, Brick Break, Lefties, 53/205
Sub, Wild Charge
Rest, BB
Wild Charge CH, Cune fainted
- Cloy in
Spear, Sitrus, Wild Charge
Spear KO
2-0

#585 vs Janitor Eric – Glaceon, Abomasnow, Umbreon: Smash-Shadow Ball, Rock Blast KO, foe Aboma (could be set 134), switch to Cune-Shard, Sub-Wood Hammer (set 3)-Sub broke, switch to Cloy, Wood Hammer KO, Chomp Fire Fang KO, foe Umby, switch to Cune-Faint Attack, Sub-Faint Attack, Rest ... Scald burn, burn+hail dmg beat Umby

#594 vs Artist – Probopass, Porygon2, Klinklang: switch to Chomp-Iron Defense, Quake-Flash Cannon, Quake KO, foe Pory2-Dowload spA, switch to Cloy-Tri Attack-Sash-burn KO, Cune Sub-Tri Attack, Sub-Tri Attack, Sub-Tri Attack, Sub-Tri Attack, Rest-Tri Attack 60 HP left (the Specs set), asleep-Struggle CH, asleep-Struggle, woke up-Sub-Struggle, CM-Struggle CH KO, goe Klink, Giga Impact-Scald, recharge-Scald KO

#599 vs Worker – Abomasnow, Cryogonal, Walrein: Spear 75%-Focus Blast-Sash, Shard KO, Outrage KO, foe Cryo, Outrage-Sash-Blizzard KO, my Cune, Explosion-Sub, foe Walrein 1, Cune set up & PP stalled

#618 vs PKMN Breeder – Arcanine, Conkeldurr, Shuckle: Intimidate, Close Combat 50HP left-Smash, Razor Shell KO, foe Conk, Mach Punch KO, my Cune, Sub-Fling-Sub broke, Sub-Slide-Sub Broke (Sheer Force), Sub-Superpower-Sub broke, Sub-Slide, Mach Punch-Sub broke-Scald, Mach Punch-47 HP-unable to Sub-lefties to 59, Mach Punch-unable to Sub, Rest-Superpower CH 16 HP left-lefties to 28, switch to Chomp-Superpower, Quake KO, foe Shuckle, switch to Cune-Toxic, Protect-fast asleep, Protect-fast asleep, Rest-Sandstorm... Cune won

First battle after a break

#624 vs Artist Hacikan: Bronzong, Magnezone, Porygon2:

1. switch to Cune, Light Screen
2. Substitute, Charge Beam, CH, Sub broke,
Calm Mind 1, Rain Dance
4. Substitute, Charge Beam, spA boost
5. Calm Mind 2, Charge Beam, Sub broke, Light Screen wore off
6. Substitute, Light Screen
7. Calm Mind 3, Charge Beam, spA boost
8. Calm Mind 4, Charge Beam, Sub broke, spA boost
9. Substitute, Grass Knot 1-2, Sub broke
10. Substitute, Grass Knot 3-4, Sub broke, Rain stopped, Light Screen wore off
11. Substitute, Light screen
12. Calm Mind 5, Rain Dance
13. Calm Mind 6, Grass Knot 5-6, Sub broke
14. Rest, Grass Knot 7-8, 153/205
15. Fast asleep, Grass Knot 9-10, Light Screen wore off
16. Fast asleep, Light Screen
17. woke up, Sub, Grass Knot 11-12, Sub broke
18. Sub, Grass Knot 13-14, Sub broke
19. Sub, Grass Knot 15-16, Sub broke rain stopped
20. Rest, Rain Dance, Light Screen wore off
21. fast asleep, Light Screen
22. fast asleep, Grass Knot 17-18 CH OHKO
- my Cloyster
23. Shell Smash, Grass Knot 19, Sash
24. Razor Shell, Bronzong fainted
- foe Magnezone
25. switch to Chomp, Flash Cannon 86/183 left
26. Earthquake, Sturdy, Magnet Rise
27. switch to Cloy, Flash Cannon, Cloy fainted
- my Chomp
28. Chomp used Outrage, Zone fainted
- foe Porygon2, Trace Sand Veil
29. Outrage 75% dmg, Ice Beam, Chomp fainted
0-1

VIDEO No. 22-18887-07626

Notes:
- underestimated this Bronzong moveset because I beat it before
- biggest mistake was not keeping track (in my mind or through a log) of the number of PPs left on Grass Knot
- had I known it had only 2 more PPs, I would have probably won with a +6 Cloyster by sacrificing Chomp (or Chomp straight up OHKOing Zong if it was Headproof, as it does 168-198/177 with Quake)
- Magnezone is just nasty for this team, plus in this case survives a +2 Razor Shell in Rain (123-145/145 vs sets 34 & 153-180/177 vs sets 12)

Battle videos from this streak (or just search for Cloyster in Super Singles):

#300: 58-31729-38242
#399: 56-38280-75391
#522: 95-10978-84525
#624: 22-18887-07626

Not bad for a 5 day streak, I guess. I wonder how long this will last at #1 though.

I love this team so much.

atsync

Pokémon Black Battle Subway Super Singles streaks: 49, 172, 169, 179, 275, 623

Not bad for a 5 day streak, I guess. I wonder how long this will last at #1 though.

I love this team so much.
I can't believe you did that many battles in 5 days. Wait, yes I can, because I used Cloyster briefly and know how fast battles can end.

Well done on the streak. I'm actually really liking how the top 2 singles streaks are not crippler teams. It has convinced me never to try crippling again (well that's probably a lie but meh).

EDIT: Also lol you already updated the records list!

Peterko

Never give up!
Thanks guys.

atsync 623 in 5 days is about 18 sets per day, ideally 5 hours, but I´d say those take longer...as you can see from the logs, the days were 63-189-147-126-99.

First day I think I started late, because I played Doubles before that. Second day was almost too much, it was bordering on a headache. 147 is manageable, I´ve had that in doubles I think a few times. 126 is OK. I planned about 126-147 for today, but lost on the 99th.

But yes 600+ battles over 5 days with the same team kind of gets to you. On one hand, you´re really confident in what you do and how to play. On the other, you´re getting sort of sick of the whole thing, many battles are just blurs.

@ Stay Gold: You can try, but from personal experience don´t be surprised if you don´t get to 49 with it in the first tries (I was underwhelmed at first, to say the least - when I played with different team members). I needed a couple of hundred battles to get used to it, to get a feel for when to stay / smash / attack right away and when not to risk it and play around stuff. I learned from my mistakes and mostly from my losses. Cloyster is far from auto-pilot. Although once you learn how to use it...well, those 4 turn battles are amazing.

The most important thing is the right partners, not sure if there´s better ones than I used lol, but feel free to figure out if there are.

Yes I´ve updated the list, not only myself but everyone´s newest streaks. It feels good to be #1, although this time I won´t be surprised to see a 630 ._. in a couple of days... ... ... you know what I mean lol.

Good luck.

R Inanimate

It's Lunatic Time
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
623 wins? Nicely done, Peterko. I think I managed to get to about 600 in 4 days during a school break back in D/P Tower. But as you've said, doing something like that really tests the limits of your endurance for playing battle tower/subway.

Heh Cloyster was the first Poke I used to build a team, but rock blast/razor shell misses get annoying fast. And status (especially twave) stops him cold. Gratz either way.

Impressive streak, Scarf Garchomp isn't my favorite though, I definitely didn't expect it to get so far. Cloyster loses to every priority and every status along with bulky Water-types and really didn't get me as far as I had hoped. And yes that many battles is possible in a short period of time when you play hyper offense like me :P

Also, all of my teams disappointed me or failed me so guess what I'm using. I'll give you a hint, it's DRAG-MAG

Peterko

Never give up!
A guide to using Cloyster. Part I

If you´re using Rock Blast frequently, you´re doing something wrong.

There´s much less priority in the Subway than one might think. I don´t feel like this was such a problem. Notable priority users that annoy are Abomasnow, Conkeldurr and FO Mienshao.

Cloyster should not get paralyzed. If it does, you´re doing something wrong. Poison/Toxic is not bad, I´ve had this a couple of times against Toxic/Protect leads and Cloy was still able to 3-0. Sleep is almost non-existent, but you should be prepared for those rare occasions. Burn is annoying, but Suicune eats for breakfast most of the things that burn you.

I thought I wouldn´t have to mention this, but Cloyster should not take on bulky Water types. This is a no brainer.

ScarfChomp is the Pokémon that surprised me the most and is absolutely invaluable for this team. It saved me many times and its damabe output is almost magical lol. Yeah it misses a few crucial OHKOs but the amount of Pokémon it can take on and reliably finish off/straight up KO is amazing.

Cloyster didn´t get me far the first few times I played it either, just search for my posts. It made more sense when I began to use Cune/Chomp and it made "click" when I figured out that I needed an Adamant ScarfChomp. The team´s been absolutely amazing since then.

Despite all the things that are supposedly there to hinder heavy Cloyster sweeps, I´ve already proven how well it works by the sheer amount of clear sweeps in my logs from previous streaks. It´s insane.

The thing I like the most about this team though is that each team member is able to sweep on its own.

Here, I´ve began to go through the 195 Subway Pokémon and write down what I´d do against them with my team.

[size=-2]Abomasnow – Spear right away for a solid 125-150 dmg on sets 34. Blast only OHKOs those with max dmg. You don´t want to miss. You can´t Smash because Focus Blast+Ice Shard kills you. If it come out later in the match when you´re at 1 HP, switch to Cune to absorb the Shard, Sub once (to figure out the set) and then sacrifice Cloy to safely bring Garchomp (set 2 & 3) or stall with Cune (set 1 & 4). Overall, you really don´t want to face many of these during a streak.
Absol – Smash if you feel like it, sets 1-3 are pretty much set up bait, set 4 can be annoying with Swagger/WoW but Suicune set sup on that pretty easily unless you get really unlucky
Accelgor – Smash & sweep
Aerodactyl – Smash while hoping it´s the CB set 4 that uses Stone Edge, not the ones using Rock Slide – if it flinches you, you still have a 100% OHKO with Outrage and Cune as back up if anything goes wrong.
Aggron – Razor Shell from the get go to finish off with Quake or set up Cune. Smash is a bad idea because of Sturdy/Sash
Alakazam – Spear right away if you don´t know the set or know that it´s set 4 (almost always). Why? Because it will TrickScarf.
Altaria – Smash
Ambipom – Smash after getting hit by FO+BB. You should be able to set up unless he CHs (set 3) as your amazing 200 defense allows you to survive those two hits even if Ambi holds a LO. Set 4 might Taunt you.
Ampharos – switch to Chomp and KO with Quake
Arcanine – depending on the set (most of the time you know it), well, not really...Smash + Razor Shell, even after CC you´ll be at like 50 HP and outside of ExtremeSpeed KO range. Set 3 is Overheats and is set up bait, but don´t forget that Intimidate lowers your damage output. For what it´s worth, Suicune should beat Arcanine almost every time, watch out for the 5 Sunny Beams.
Archeops – same as Aero, Smash and hope it won´t flinch. Set 4 tends to Protect turn 1, which makes it one of the safest things to Smash against. You like the other 3 sets even more.
Armaldo – Smash + Spear
Articuno – Smash + Spear
Bastiodon – Smash + Razor Shell or Razor Shell from the get go. Note that it can´t get through Suicune and Chomp has a 4x SE STAB Quake.
Beartic – I dislike the cool bear, because it´s annoyingly bulky plus Lax Incense/Snow Cloak. One of the rare cases of when I go for Rock Blast after a Smash. Cune should be able to handle it though. Watch out for the boosting sets.
Bisharp – Razor Shell or Smash + Shell, depending on how I feel, also switch to Chomp and Quake. Yes it´s got Taunt, but it´s slower than you and you don´t mind to be taunted after you Smash, right?
Blastoise – switch to Cune and set up. If you feel ballsy, Smash+Rock Blast set 1, but sets 1-3 are really Cune set up bait, set 4 could potentially annoy with Focus Punch (46-55 dmg against your 51 HP Subs).
Blaziken – Smash + Razor Shell
Blissey – Smash + Spear. You still got Chomp and Cune in the back.
Bouffalant – one of those nasty things that survive almost everything. Smash+Spear. Another Spear will have to follow unless you get some CHs.
Braviary – Smash + Spear
Breloom – DANGER! Sets 2 & 3 have a faster Spore than you are (134 speed), you´re better off piercing this on sight with your Spears. On the other hand, things generally like to tighten their focus in the Subway only to lose it 
Bronzong – BOOO! Cost me my streak. Most of the time, you will face set 4 (Psychic, Battle Girl & Black Belt, Harlequin etc.) which is set up bait for Suicune. Set 3 is annoying as you never know when it´ll explode. Set 2 is the most dangerous of the bunch as it is able to beat Cune 1on1 (which happened in my case). It will almost always begin with Screen and Rain, so maybe I should change my approach and Smash turn 1 against Bronzong to see the set and act accordingly (Razor Shell set 2 and even set 3, set up Cune on the others)
Carracosta – survives quite a lot actually, either attack it and finish off with Quake or set up Cune,
Chandelure – Smash + Rock Blast, if you´re gutsy Razor Shell (5% more accuracy but risk Flame Body), which you are because you still have CM Cune in the back if Chande burns you or avoids your attack.
Charizard – Smash + Spear. If the Scarf one burns you (it will Heat Wave), just set up Cune.
Claydol – Spear or Smash + Spear
Cobalion – oh man, one of the worst Pokémon to face with my team. It survives everything Cloy throws at it. I Razor Shell right away or Smash + Razor Shell. Chomp´s Quake is your safety belt. Cune can potentially set up as well. Beware of Psych Up Coba that isn´t leading, once I used Spear only to give him my boosts. Don´t panic, that one only has Iron Head to hurt Cune so it should finish Coba off with Scald.
Cofagrigus – Smash + Spear if you don´t feel like stalling, otherwise use Cune. Set 2 could be dangerous with Nasty Plot and Energy Ball, haven´t faced that one, I think. Maybe I have and got rid of it with Cloy/Chomp.
Conkeldurr – DANGER! Spear right away because Superpower + Mach Punch beats you. After the initial Superpower Atk drop, Suicune should be able to set up most of time, but it´s far from easy. Had 2 or 3 of the most difficult battles against Conkeldurr.
Cradily – Smash + Spear. Despite Toxic+Protect+Protect, you should be able to sweep or at least beat 2 & ½ of the oponent´s team and finish off something with Chomp.
Cresselia – switch to Cune and set up, no way to lose against this one leading.
Crobat – Smash + Spear. Watch out for Hypnosis and Taunt, but Bat can´t hurt you much.
Cryogonal – Smash + Spear. Yes Spear. It always KOs.
Darmanitan – Smash + Razor Shell.
Dewgong – Smash + Rock Blast.
Donphan – Spear right away to KO the set 4 QC bastard. You´re better off at low health without a boost than sorry for losing to QC Fissures later. Smash on the other sets.
Dragonite – Spear for the KO. Set 1 will Thunder Wave you, set 2 is faster and will Bolt (potential para), set 4 might QC hax but is Cune set up bait after the Superpower drop. Still, Spear is the safest option for a long streak.
Drapion – Smash + Spear
Drifblim – DANGER! It cost me one of my streaks and almost ended this 623 earlier. Fast paralyzing Thunderbolt opener threat. Just Spear it into oblivion. It´s danger comes from the fact that it threatens both Garchomp (Custap Destiny Bond) and Suicune (Bolt). Watch out for this Baloon.
Druddigon – Smash + Spear
Dugtrio – Smash + Spear
Durant – annoying Bug/Steel is annoying. Razor Shell for the def drop and then depending on its set/what it does Smash/attack again. Garchomp can beat it reliably with Quake after a drop though.
Dusknoir – Suicune
Eelektross – Spear/Smash+Spear or depending on the set go to Chomp and Outrage. Have not faced many Eel leads, there´s a log of one case when it U-Turned into Lapras 3 on my first turn switch to Chomp and I had to improvise and almost lost.
Electivire – Smash+Spear or Spear or switch to Chomp. Vire is one of the very few electrics that isn´t auto-win with Chomp. The Shuca set 4 tends to survive the Quake and OHKO back with Ice Punch which isn´t ideal if you face a Depot Agent - Chomp is able to get the rare clean sweeps against this one. Dmg calc says Chomp´s Quake has a 18,75% chance to OHKO set 4 through Shuca and can´t OHKO set 2, both have Ice Punch. Outrage OHKOs set 4 but has a 50/50 chance to OHKO set 2. Maybe that´s why I often risk the 10% para chance to Smash.
Electrode – Garchomp
Emboar – Smash + Razor Shell. Watch out for QC hax, but you have Cune and Chomp.
Empoleon – auto switch to Cune. One of the most frequent leads because Cloy can´t do sh. against it. If you didn´t get it, set up Cune. Takes long, but you want to win, right?
Entei – Smash + Razor Shell/Rock Blast depending on the set. If it´s the Eruption one, go to Cune and set up a few CMs and a Sub while it Struggles.
Escavalier – Bug/Steels, hate to face them. Razor Shell, follow up with another Shell or Smash depending on what it does. Garchomp is awesome because it straight up 2HKOs all sets with Quake and doesn´t activate Swarm, Custap, Liechi and all that stuff. Note that Fire Fang is not a 100% OHKO, only a 31,25% one plus you don´t want to miss against this. If something goes wrong, Cune should be able to stall Megahorns and set up.
Espeon – Smash + Spear. Frequent lead that you will learn to love.
Excadrill – Smash + Spear.
Exeggutor – Smash + Spear or Spear right away, depending on the set (hint: set 4 knows TR).
Exploud – Smash + Spear
Feraligatr – Smash + Spear/Rock Blast. You should be able to get off some attacks thanks to your defense. Don´t let it get too many DDs off.
Ferrothorn – Smash + Spear. Note that Suicune beats Ferro as none have a Grass attack.
Flareon – Smash + Razor Shell/Rock Blast (Sash). You have Cune as back up, also Chomp.
Floatzel – Smash + Spear. Can´t get through Cune, whatsoever.
Flygon – Smash + Spear
Forretress – Smash + attack. Set 3 is annoying as it can Explode whenever it feels like it. Almost cost me a game once.
Froslass – Smash + Rock Blast/Spear. Spear KOs if you get a CH among the 5 hits (27,58%). The most frequent set 4 is Cune set up bait. If you´re scared of the set 1 Bolt one, use Spear and finish off with Chomp. You´ve got a Scarf and Aerial Ace, questions?
Gallade – Smash + Spear
Garchomp – Smash + Spear
Gardevoir – DANGER! Strong special attacker with Thunderbolt. It leads with either Bolt or Psychic Gem Psychic. This means you can´t risk a switch to Chomp because you´ll lose it and that´s unforgivable. I use Icicle Spear, it does 135-165 dmg / 143 HP. The dmg calc isn´t as good as it seems. The Spears do 27-28-30-31-33. You need at least a couple of those 30 ones (10/16 chance for one) or a CH. I ´ve seen it faint but also survive.
Gastrodon – Smash + Spear
Gengar – DANGER! Strong special attacker with Sludge Bomb & Thunderbolt. I´d Icicle Spear this depending on the set. I admit I´ve often risked the 70% of not being poisoned and Smashed. Set 1 potentially HypnoEats your team apart because of Sash. Set 2 is Cune bait. Set 3 has Sash, Taunt, Counter and Focus Blast, all of it is bad. Set 4 Sludge Bombs. Maybe if you know the set, you should go to Chomp and Outrage this one. Fortunately, I have not faced many Gar.
Gigalith – Smash + Spear. Watch out for Custap Explosion. Other than that, both Chomp and Cune can beat this.

68/195[/size]

Battle Subway Super Single Battle Record: 121

Rotom-W@Choice Specs
Timid
4/0/0/252/0/252
Thunderbolt
Hydro Pump
Volt Switch
Hidden Power-Ice

Scizor@Life Orb
Adamant
4/252/0/0/0/252
Swords Dance
Super Power
Bullet Punch
Bug Bite

Garchomp@Choice Scarf
Naive
4/252/0/0/0/252
Earthquake
Outrage
Dragon Claw
Stone Edge

I lost to Vetern Leron, using Latios1, Tornadus1, and Landorus2.
I sent out Rotom-W, and he used Latios1. Volt Switch to Scizor, who can take any of his attacks. He uses Dragon Pulse, takes me down a little about 1/2 health, and I KO him with a Bug Bite.
Bullet Punch Tornadus, and get KO'd by Hurricane, and see he's Life Orbed.
Send out Rotom-W, take a Focus Blast, and KO him with Thunderbolt.
He sends out Landorus, and I have no idea which set it is. So I stay in, and just sacrifice Rotom-W to see, only to get knocked out by Outrage. So it's Choice Scarfed...
Send out Garchomp, and hit him with my own Outrage, and take him down to around 1/4th, and get beaten by his Outrage.

proof

atsync

@Peterko: Haha that Cloyster guide should be its own article!

Just something I noticed:
Flareon – Smash + Razor Shell/Rock Blast (Sash). You have Cune as back up, also Chomp.
It isn't a big deal, but against Flareon 1 (sash) and 4, you should Icicle Spear. It just scrapes a OHKO after Shell Smash I think (correct me if I'm wrong; I have a tendancy to make mistakes with damage calculators but I vaguely remember killing it with 2+ Icicle Spear when I used Cloyster). Against 2 (max HP) and 3 (max HP and Defense) you should Razor Shell though, and if you're battling an Eeveelution trainer you probably won't know any better regardless.

Whoever said theorymonning was more fun than actually battling in the Subway probably has a very good point - I restarted my Staraptor/Garchomp/Suicune team on a streak today, but it's now 3am and all I can think about is how much better a new streak could be if only I had the Pokemon to try out in a new team...godammit ¬_¬

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)