Black & White Battle Subway Records (now with gen. 4 records!)

so, I keep failing in double subway and decided I want a team centered around Prankster sableye, but I need advice before I go and make another fail team. can anyone help?

Also, I play white 2, and have no access to wifi, so try not to recommened pokemon i cant get w/o wifi.

so, I keep failing in double subway and decided I want a team centered around Prankster sableye, but I need advice before I go and make another fail team. can anyone help?

Also, I play white 2, and have no access to wifi, so try not to recommened pokemon i cant get w/o wifi.
as good a support prankster saybleye is he's not going to sweep any teams himself, u need to think about what sweeper(s) u want to use and what support they need or how they can be supported by saybleye. for example any that need a turn to set up a dragon dance or calm mind etc may like the fake out and sucker punch support, or any with low def stat may like the WoW support (although WoW is not accurate enough to rely on for a long run) its a shame he doesnt give thunder wave or tailwind support as thatd make a big difference to ur team, otherwise he is more of a nuisance than a threat -tbo when i face a team with saybleye i take out all his partners first as i know once he's on his own theres not much he will do, but i understand if he's a favourite for you so just give him someone who is a monster after 1 dragon dance

as good a support prankster saybleye is he's not going to sweep any teams himself, u need to think about what sweeper(s) u want to use and what support they need or how they can be supported by saybleye. for example any that need a turn to set up a dragon dance or calm mind etc may like the fake out and sucker punch support, or any with low def stat may like the WoW support (although WoW is not accurate enough to rely on for a long run) its a shame he doesnt give thunder wave or tailwind support as thatd make a big difference to ur team, otherwise he is more of a nuisance than a threat -tbo when i face a team with saybleye i take out all his partners first as i know once he's on his own theres not much he will do, but i understand if he's a favourite for you so just give him someone who is a monster after 1 dragon dance
Haxorus?

Ok, so I'm kind of new at Smogon here and not that knowledgeable of pokemon as some of you here, but I thought I'd ask a question. This deals with Double Battles: Would the pairing of Alakazam and Darmanitan be that bad of a pair? If Alakazam has Magic Guard, and Darmanitan has Sheer Force, Alakazam's speed would allow skill swap on Darmanitan first and Darmanitan uses belly drum. Now Alakazam has sheer force which means it's Psychic, Shadow Ball, and Energy ball are now 30% stonger. Darmanitan has Magic guard right before belly drum which means no recoil from Belly Drum and Flare Blitz and it has +6 Attack. This was my main thought, and wondered if anyone has any comments to make. This isn't a team I've made, however I might, and there are no other pokemon with them. It is just a thought on how those two would sync together.

Oh, I thought magic guard protected belly drum's recoil. I thought I had read that it did. And I also thought about their bulkynees as well, because your essencially giving two very powerfully Pokemon even more power. If the trick worked, it would make sense to do it two two bulkier Pokemon instead. Thank you.

So that isn't a post about a record actually but it's a video of a shiny Mismagius ( thanks for reminding DrDimentio!) which I faced against a trainer in the Battle Castel...Terrible quality and a random music I had to use because YT wanted to be gay...

Here is the video

I apologize for the missplays in this battle because I couldn't believe it that I found a shiny in the Battle Frontier in the 4th gen.....maybe I'll see a other AL shiny in the Battles Subway/ Battle Frontier

Hope you enjoy! :)

Something about the team (It's exactly the same team of BozoTheBear):

Salamence ** AXL
Nature & Item: Jolly - Choice Band
Iv's: 31 - 31 - 31 - x - 31 - 31
Ev's 252 Attack & Speed 4 Speed
Stats (Lv.50): 170 - 187 - 100 - 113 - 101 - 167
Moveset: Outrage, Earthquake, AerialAce, Rockslide

Nothing much too explain. With Choice Band it OHKO's a lot of pokemon if they are Lv.55 which gives me more PP... really cool to see how Salamence handels with a lot of pokes in the Castel....btw mostly I drop the levels of OHKO users so they aren't able to hurt me much.

Blissey ** HighHope
Nature & Item: Bold - Leftovers
Iv's: 31 - x - 31 - 31 -31- 31
Ev's: 252 HP & Defense & 4 Speed
Stats (Lv.50): 362 - 15 - 68 - 95 - 155 - 76
Moveset: Seismic Toss, Flamethrower, Aromatherapie, Softboiled

Great wall. Works pretty well with Seismic Toss and Softboil. Seriously....is there a other pokemon which could stall better than Blissey against special attackers in the BattleCastle?!

Milotic ** Ariel
Nature & Items : Bold - Leftovers
Iv's: 31 - x - 31 - 31 - 31 - 31
Ev's: 252 HP & Defense & 4 Speed (I don't really remember)
Stats (Lv.50): 202 - 60 - 144 - 120 - 145 - 102
Moves: Surf, Ice Beam, Toxic, Recover

Great againts Ice - attack users. Pretty bulky with max HP & Defense and with Recover able to stall 5PP moves pretty well like Blissey....really cool to see how Blissey handels with DracoMeteor Latias/Salamence/Dragonite or some other pokes

Battle Subway Double Record: 644

Smeargle @ Focus Sash
Ability: Technician
Jolly (+Spe, -SpA)
IVs: 0/31/0/0/0/31
EVs: 255 Spe, 255 Atk
- Fake Out
- Protect
- Helping Hand
- Spore

Blastoise @ Choice Specs
Ability: Torrent
Timid (+Spe, -Atk)
IVs: 31/2/31/30/31/31
EVs: 6 Hp, 248 SpA, 4SpD, 252 Spe
- Water Spout
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power (Grass)

Latios @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
Timid (+Spe, -Atk)
IVs: 31/0/31/31/31/31
EVs: 6 Hp, 252 SpA, 252 Spe
- Dragon Pulse
- Psyshock
- Thunderbolt
- Protect

Metagross @ Steel Gem
Ability: Clear Body
Adamant (+Atk, -SpA)
IVs: 31/31/31/31/xx/31
EVs: 6 Hp, 252 Atk, 252 Spe
- Bullet Punch
- Iron Head
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch

Lvl 1 Endeavor is dead but the AI is still dumb. Smeargle is interchangeable with anything squishy that learns Fake Out/Protect/Helping Hand/Filler, the other three big blue 155hp pokemon are the heart of the team.

Simple concept, abuse AI targeting KO-able Pokemon to let Blastoise kill everything with Water Spout. Blastoise has better typing+defenses for Water Spout abuse. Eruption spam fire types annoyingly vulnerable to Earthquake/Rock Slide. Also Metagross replacements for Eruption teams are disappointing. Smeargle is the best bait out of over a dozen tried, honorable mention to Lightningrod Pichu/Pikachu. Latios and Metagross are the best all-around doubles subway Pokémon. Movesets are doubles standards. Steel gem is great for revenge kills, Air Balloon really isn't needed.

Legends, ice, electric/steel, rain dance, and trick room are troublesome. Water absorb and dry skin are a pain.

Best streak ended over 600 wins again due to gameboy power failure. Still want to get four digits and think this team can get there.

Prompted to post by the bait pokemon discussion. Options examined, among others:

Protect->Dive/Dig: Carvanha, Sharpedo, Ninjask (Earthquake immune!)
Fake Out->Protect: Pichu, Pikachu, Makuhita, Tyrogue, Chimchar, Sableye
Protect +Trick Room: Trapinch, Solosis, Duosion

Basically, anything on this list: http://veekun.com/dex/pokemon/search?move=Protect&move=Fake+Out&move=@us,move:Helping+Hand&move= with Protect/Fake Out/Helping hand is pretty good. Smeargle's biggest flaws: only 75 base speed and Normal typing means Froslass goes with Blizzard over Shadow Ball.

I don't know dude how you found this strategy..but this team is really EPIC! I've made just 7 battles with this team but I've seen how great the team work together! Hope you'll be back with a 1000 SuperDouble winstreak!

I don't know dude how you found this strategie..but this team is really EPIC! I've made just 7 battles with this team but I've seen how great the team work together! Hope you'll be back with a 1000 SuperDouble winstreak!
Glad you enjoy playing it!

Depressingly the last attempt ended at 456 due to Hail + Snow Cloak hax. Glaceon vs Metagross == loss for Metagross after 4 consecutive misses. I hate Hail teams.

Glad you enjoy playing it!

Depressingly the last attempt ended at 456 due to Hail + Snow Cloak hax. Glaceon vs Metagross == loss for Metagross after 4 consecutive misses. I hate Hail teams.

But seriously....I had a lot of few calls in the last time with this team...I reached the 49 mark...just because I'm very busy with school ( damn school sucks -.-'). But I was thinking about WideLens for Metagross because it does enough damage without the SteelGem (maybe sometimes usefull) but you have shown me how POWERFULL BLASTOISE can be! Thanks for that and good luck reclaiming your streak if you'll reclaim it ...btw my first loss with this team was in Battle 37 or something ...fail xD.....4 MISSES ?! I feel sick..

Are there any resources on teams for fast BP farming in B&W 2? Preferably something that's fairly easy to put together (no Hidden Power, nothing obscure like Wish Blissey, etc.)

Thank you!

Level 51

the orchestra plays the prettiest themes
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
Yeah, with PWT you can get up to 18 BP from the World Leaders' / Champion's Tournaments, if you play Triples and don't lose a single Pokemon (you get 1 BP for each Pokemon surviving at the end of each battle). Usually you'll get about 13~16, though.

I haven't managed to get my hands a TruAnt yet, so my Toxicroak project is on hold for now. It hasn't worked out too great with Whimsicott so far, top streak of 82 and that was mainly down to Suicune...

I'm testing mono attacking Metagross at the moment- Sub, Meteor Mash, Hone Claws, Rock Polish. It's exceeded my expectations so far and I'm on 49 wins. I can't see it going much further though, my IVs are crap and I'm using DD Charizard as a secondary sweeper (yes you read that right, it's just a test run. And also every 8yr old knows 'Zard is undoubtedly the most powerful mon there is, so there...) Heatran is obviously a massive problem for this set and it's also quite slow setting up.

Come to think of it, damn GF for not giving Metagross Shift Gear. And for not giving Samurott Shell Smash while we're at it. Ok, rant over, GF are bastards...

Could somebody please help me out here? my longest streak is 43, and i really want to beat the subway boss. here we go:

Gengar @ Focus sash
Rash / Levitate
13/5/5/31/10/31
0/0/0/255/0/255
Destiny Bond
Sludge Bomb
Shadow Ball
Focus Blast

Garchomp @ Muscle Band
Jolly / Sand Veil
1/31/27/26/2/25
0/255/0/0/0/255
Outrage
Fire Fang
Brick Break
Earthquake

Hydreigon @ Choice Scarf
Modest / Levitate
19/29/4/31/15/31
0/0/0/255/0/255
Dragon Pulse
Dark Pulse
Flamethrower
Surf

Basically, I'd start with Gengar to do as much damage as possible. I'm usually be able to take out at least one enemy, get down to 1 hp, use destiny bond, and get another kill. after that, i'd send out hydreigon just to clean up. garchomp is used if they send out a special wall or outspeed hydreigon and kill him.

hydreigon gives me a great chance to switch into when i'm using gengar and they use a psychic attack or a ghost attack. i also don't need to worry about switching into a fighting move.

Before you say anything, i realize that using two dragons gives me a weakness to ice moves. I'm really just wondering if this is a viable team to beat the subway boss or if i should sub some of these guys out for better options.

Could somebody please help me out here? my longest streak is 43, and i really want to beat the subway boss. here we go:

Gengar @ Focus sash
Rash / Levitate
13/5/5/31/10/31
0/0/0/255/0/255
Destiny Bond
Sludge Bomb
Shadow Ball
Focus Blast

Garchomp @ Muscle Band
Jolly / Sand Veil
1/31/27/26/2/25
0/255/0/0/0/255
Outrage
Fire Fang
Brick Break
Earthquake

Hydreigon @ Choice Scarf
Modest / Levitate
19/29/4/31/15/31
0/0/0/255/0/255
Dragon Pulse
Dark Pulse
Flamethrower
Surf
This is actually a pretty good team for speeding through the first 7 or so rounds, but there are some changes you can make to improve it.

Gengar needs to be +speed, preferably Timid. Garchomp needs a 31 speed IV (it's unique speed tier is one of the biggest reasons for using it over other dragons like Salamence) and change its item to Choice Band, or give it a Yache berry and Sword Dance over Brick Break. Finally I'd say Draco Meteor is more valuable on Hydreigon than Surf or Dragon Pulse, simply for raw power.

Alternatively you could use Peterkos Cloyster team http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4184321&postcount=1592 which should get you through the first 49 battles in a heartbeat. He also added a list of exactly how to use the team.

Good luck

First of all: I've forgotten to write that this team was Peterko's team and a really huge thanks for the experience I've got with this team! Thanks for reminding Jump!! You was totally right with your statement!

Pokemon Platinum Battle Tower single winstreak: 561

So hey guys it's Jokethe1 here and there it is... my with my longest winstreak of 561 Battles at the Platinum Battle Tower.

Same team like in the first and second streak

Latias ** Eon
Nature & Item: Timid - ChoiceScarf
Iv's: 31 - x - 31 - 31 - 31 - 31
Ev's: 252 HP - 182 Defense - 74 Speed
Stats (Lv.50) : 187 - 81 - 133 - 127 - 150 - 154
Moves: Trick, ThunderWave, Charm, Recover

Registeel ** Robot
Nature & Item: Careful - Leftovers
Ev's: 252 HP - 100 Attack - 146 Defense - 14 Sp.Defense
Stats (Lv.50) : 187 - 108 - 188 - 79 - 189 - 70
Moves: IronHead, Substitute, Curse, Amnesia

Garchomp ** Raptor
Nature & Item: Jolly - Lum Berry
Ev's: 252 Attack - 252 Speed - 4 Sp.Defense
Stats (Lv.50) : 183 - 182 - 115 - 79 - 106 - 169
Moves: Outrage, Earthquake, SwordDance, Substitute

How I lost : Battle 562

Dragon Tamer sent out Dewgong.

Eon used Trick and obtained RazorFang Dewgong obtained the ChoiceScarf.

This set was :

379 |Dewgong|RazorFang|Careful|Waterfall|Avanlache|Headbutt|FakeOut| Atk/Sp.Def

After Registell was fully setup Dewgong died after IronHead .. let's see which pokemon will come ....

Dragon Tamer sent Rhyperior in.

I chose Sub and he used Roar and that was the point why I lost ( I was guessing it was a HornDrill Set, if it would have been the Choice Band set I could have easily switched in Latias to predict Earthquakes with Levitate and Charm for the struggle and at last I would have used Trick before Rhyperior died (after the Struggle recoil damage) and after that I give the next Poke the ChoiceBand to set up Registeel or Garchomp again). Latias was sent in and .....

Latias used Charm - Rhyperior uses Crunch ..a Critical Hit! Latias fainted

I switched into Grachomp and I used Earthquake (Sword Dance would have been better but I wanted to kill this thing as fast as possible) and I did around 55% - 60% damage. He used Earthquake too and did around 30% - 40%. Earthquake again and Rhyperior was dead. Dragon Tamer sent in ........Steelix. I Earthquaked and his ShucaBerry activatet. So this set was:

575|Steelix|Adamant|ShucaBerry|Earthquake|Fire Fang |ThunderFang|IceFang|Atk/Def

Now the game was lost ... Earthquake did (just) around 30% (because ShucaBerry lowered the strengh of Earthquake) and it used IceFang to KO Garchomp. Now my last hope was Registeel in hope to get some IronHead flinches to win. I chose IronHead and got three flinches in a row but after he Earthquaked me (did around 55% - 60%) twice I lost.

Proof:

Jumpman16

np: Michael Jackson - "Mon in the Mirror" (DW mix)
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
why didnt you get a sub up with registeel? "full setup" includes being behind a sub and that is 100% the reason why you lost, not because rhyperior ched latias with crunch or because you didnt SD with Garchomp. congrats on your streak but i'm a little surprised you didn't know better than to kill the tricked poke without a sub up, especially with Registeel (and dewgong can't break your sub without a CH).

also i find your "enorm potential" comment a little off putting and it's not even my team that you copied without any mention of its original creator (Peterko). this sentiment is underlined by your previous commentary on the team being devoid of any reference to the identical strategies that have been painstakingly detailed by him and others. im not trying to be a dick, it's just as if you're actually not aware that "your" team is virtually identical to a team that won 2,363 battles in plat and well that's kind of funny to say the least

Hmmm, so I see the truant technique is doing wonders. Well I now have more than enough motivation to finally start the subway for Black 2 now that I'm on holidays.

AZ

why didnt you get a sub up with registeel? "full setup" includes being behind a sub and that is 100% the reason why you lost, not because rhyperior ched latias with crunch or because you didnt SD with Garchomp. congrats on your streak but i'm a little surprised you didn't know better than to kill the tricked poke without a sub up, especially with Registeel (and dewgong can't break your sub without a CH).

also i find your "enorm potential" comment a little off putting and it's not even my team that you copied without any mention of its original creator (Peterko). this sentiment is underlined by your previous commentary on the team being devoid of any reference to the identical strategies that have been painstakingly detailed by him and others. im not trying to be a dick, it's just as if you're actually not aware that "your" team is virtually identical to a team that won 2,363 battles in plat and well that's kind of funny to say the least

1. I was actually at fully setup with a Sub but I didn't want to lose my Sub because I was guessing it would be Rhyperior with Sash and HornDrill. Actually I haven't used the trainer list and in the end that was a mistake cuz if it would have been the HornDrill set it would have survived the +6 SUPER - EFFECTIVE IronHead ( but it actually takes the +6 IronHead with out it ) and problably it would have taken my out Registeel with Counter ( to break the Sub) and with a HornDrill but I wanted to play save but in the end it was an mistake like I've said.

2. And actually you aren't a dick because it's your opinnion. I was kind of sad that I've lots my streak to a "fail opinion" and forgot to write that it is Peterkos team..Thanks for reminding! I'm going to correct it

3.Thanks for the congrats

Hozu

RNGenius
is a Contributor Alumnus
How has nobody tried TruAnt + Moody Octillery w/ Soak/Energy Ball/Sub/Protect? Walled only by Sap Sipper mons but that's what the partner is for. The other issue is having to reapply Soak on the next mon(s).

NoCheese

"Jack, you have debauched my sloth!"
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
The big difficulty with Moody is that it takes a long time to set up, and due to the unpredictability of the boosts, you have to track exactly where you stand boost wise at any given time. Over a long streak, this can be a real headache.

Moreover, with that team, you still have to deal with all the situations where you can't get an Entrainment off (Fake Out, Protect, Volt Switch, evasion items, etc.). You can either devote a second pokemon as a lead designed to ensure the Entrainment is successful (as yadazhai does on his awesome 1001 win streak), or try to use two sweepers that can do okay without the Entrainment and cover the pokes that trump TruAnt (as I did on my much shorter 546), but I fear Octillary alone won't work. Without a successul Entrainment, that Octillary loses to way too many things.

So since Octillary seems to lose on both speed of setup and certainty of success, I'm wary of building a TruAnt team around it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)