Black & White Battle Subway Records (now with gen. 4 records!)

I've just reached 100 straight wins with these;

Talonflame @ Focus Sash
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Speed
IVs: 31/31/31/xx/31/31
Adamant / Gale Wings
- U-Turn
- Tailwind
- Acrobatics
- Flare Blitz

Mega Blastoise @ Blastoisnite
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Sp.Atk / 252 Speed
IVs: 31/xx/31/31/31/31
Modest / Mega Launcher (Torrent)
- Protect
- Ice Beam
- Water Spout
- Aura Sphere

Goodra @ Toxic Plate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Sp.Atk / 252 Speed
IVs: 31/xx/31/31/31/31
Modest / Gooey
- Protect
- Thunderbolt
- Sludge Bomb
- Dragon Pulse

Garchomp @ ---
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Speed
IVs: xx/31/xx/xx/xx/31
Jolly / Sand Veil
- Crunch
- Protect
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw

Good old Blastoise traded it's Water Gem for Mega Evolution.
I should really replace the back-up two but oh well, this works so far.

I should really replace the back-up two but oh well, this works so far.
I guess Blastoise is UBER with that monster WaterSpout :D And the combination of your starters is just EPIC. I think a few people are still working on a team with Charizard Y with Drought ...anyway Mega Medicham can be a option with FakeOut (maybe for support). Klefki with Prankster RainDance (and SunnyDay) can help against Hail-teams too

R Inanimate

It's Lunatic Time
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
After having a bit of suspicion of deja vu I decided to pay a bit more attention to movesets of the opponents I faced. I can say the following:

A Large number of the movesets for older Pokemon are exactly the same as they were in 5th gen.

There are a few nuances to this however:
-As far as I can tell, ALL Gems were removed from movesets. There are cases where a Pokemon has had the exact same moveset as they did in 5th gen, except they gave them a different item. eg. Klingklang 4.

-As you may expect, a large number of the Pokemon that gained/changed to Fairy Type have some updated movesets to accomodate the type change

Also, some known moveset changes, not included with the above 2 points:
-I know that there is a Special Attacking Darmanitan, and that Darmanitan 4 holds a Choice Scarf
-Charizard 4 is a regular special attacker now, instead of a Belly Drum Zard.
-I believe Dragonite 4 has Extreme Speed now, same with Lucario 4 (likely over Follow Me)
-There's a Landorus with Smack Down and Fissure

As such, using the old list of Pokemon for the Battle Subway will mostly be reflective of the sets in Battle Maison, I'd say about 80% of sets, at least, are the same.

They need to be a bit less lazy with the Battle Tower-like facility at some point. Perhaps whenever we get reintroduced to the Battle Frontier...

Is it just me or do a lot of mons in the battle Maison have Flame orb randomly? Like I've seen a Machamp without guts use flame orb, a Flotazel (wtf) with Flame orb... some others too but I forget which ones. I say randomly because its obvious some of them don't have Guts or Facade to use it with.

Anyway, after I bred and EV'd a team, I had this decent first streak in Super Singles with three of my team, 45 wins.

Mawile @ Mawilite
EVs: 252HP/252Atk/4SpD
IVs: 31/31/31/x/31/31
Adamant / Intimidate
-Swords Dance
-Brick Break
-Sucker Punch
-Play Rough

Gyarados @ Leftovers
EVs: 252Atk/4Def/252Spe
IVs: 31/31/31/x/31/31
Jolly / Intimidate
-Dragon Dance
-Earthquake
-Waterfall
-Stone Edge

Dragalge @ Black Sludge
EVs: 252HP/242SpA/4SpD
IVs: 31/31/31/31/31/27?
Modest / Poison Point (No Adaptability yet)
-Draco Meteor
-Scald
-Sludge bomb
-Thunderbolt

This team spread laughs at Physical Attackers. Plenty of resistances as well to capitalize on.
Finally got beaten by a freaking Latios after my MMawile died due to Hail damage after killing an Articuno and some other legendary.
Also almost lost a few times due to Blastoise Ice Beam hax. Kept freezing my guys and getting criticals. Are you guys sure the Freeze mechanics haven't changed?

Have a Talonflame, Azumarill, and a lol DD Whiscash as my other teammates, though I'm not sure who to switch out for a second run.

Thoughts:

No autolevel! Lvl 1 Aron and Smergle rejoice. Should be a boon for trick room....

MegaBlastiose is pretty nice with the ability to switch moves now. The HP nerf kinda sucks though.

Talonflame priority flying attacks are cool.

MegaGaryados is probably the best Truant abuser, watch for the protect nerf.

Breeding is easy now, its a rather nice change.

MegaBlastiose is pretty nice with the ability to switch moves now. The HP nerf kinda sucks though.
Talonflame priority flying attacks are cool.
MegaGaryados is probably the best Truant abuser, watch for the protect nerf.

Can't wait to see a record from you :D Yeah I think Garyados will be more used than Dragonite now because MoldBreaker +6 Waterfall with 194 Attack is just sick (ignoring the biggest threat WaterAbsorb)

I'm at 80 straight wins now in the Super Double Maison.
I know it's nothing too great but I wanted to share my team.
It's pretty risky but doing fenomonal so far.

Dusclops @ Eviolite
Nature: Relaxed
Ability: Frisk
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 Sp.Def
IVs: 31/31/x/x/31/xx
~ Trick Room
~ Will-O-Wisp
~ Night Shade
~ Power Up Punch

Smeargle Lvl 1 @ Focus Sash
Nature: Timid
Ability: Own Tempo
EVs: None
IVs: x/x/x/x/x/x
~ Endure
~ Protect
~ Endeavor
~ Destiny Bond

Aegislash @ Life Orb
Nature: Brave
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 6 Sp.Def
IVs: 31/31/31/31/31/00
~ Iron Head
~ Kings Shield
~ Sacred Sword
~ Shadow Sneak

Aron Lvl 1 @ Berry Juice
Nature: Calm
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: None
IVs: x/x/x/x/x/x
~ Toxic
~ Protect
~ Endeavor
~ Rain Dance

----------

That's right, two level 1 Pokémon there.
In case anyone want to see the team in action;

Battle #50 Vs Battle Chatelaine: SC9G-WWWW-WWW2-M995
Battle #55 Vs Ace Trainer Victoria: EY9G-WWWW-WWW2-MDYM
Battle #72 Vs Garcon Porter: QXAW-WWWW-WWW2-MDFX (3x Flinched and a Fissure/Sheer Cold Walrein)
Battle #76 Vs Hex Maniac Celia: T69G-WWWW-WWW2-MDGB (Cofagrigus trouble)

I'm at 80 straight wins now in the Super Double Maison.

Battle #50 Vs Battle Chatelaine: SC9G-WWWW-WWW2-M995
Battle #55 Vs Ace Trainer Victoria: EY9G-WWWW-WWW2-MDYM
Battle #72 Vs Garcon Porter: QXAW-WWWW-WWW2-MDFX (3x Flinched and a Fissure/Sheer Cold Walrein)
Battle #76 Vs Hex Maniac Celia: T69G-WWWW-WWW2-MDGB (Cofagrigus trouble)

What happened with your old team? And where I can watch the battles? I'm asking for the second time because R Inanimate didn't answer my question

Mega Blastoise didn't work out as well as I'd thought, and besides I have no access to Heatran/Tornadus.
You can watch the battles by going online on your 3DS, then go to the VS Recorder.
There you have the option to search uploads by code.

Mega Blastoise didn't work out as well as I'd thought, and besides I have no access to Heatran/Tornadus.
You can watch the battles by going online on your 3DS, then go to the VS Recorder.
There you have the option to search uploads by code.
Alright thanks!

I lost at #99 against good old Walrein (which also ended my 400+ streak in DPPT iirc).
I tweaked the team a bit:

Dusclops @ Eviolite
Relaxed / Frisk
252 HP / 120 Def / 136 Sp.Def
31/31/31/xx/31/00
~ Trick Room
~ Will-O-Wisp
~ Night Shade
~ Power Up Punch

Brave / Own Tempo
~ Protect
~ Endeavor
~ Night Shade
~ Destiny Bond

Aegislash @ Life Orb
Brave / Stance Change
252 HP / 252 Atk / 6 Sp.Def
31/31/31/31/31/00
~ Iron Head
~ Shadow Claw
~ Sacred Sword
~ King's Shield

Aron Lvl 1 @ Berry Juice
Calm / Sturdy
~ Toxic
~ Swagger
~ Protect
~ Endeavor

I'm back at #30 now.

Brave / Own Tempo
~ Protect
~ Endeavor
~ Night Shade
~ Destiny Bond
NightShade does only 1 damage I guess or? Why you don't use FollowMe on Smeargle because maybe Ghost Pokes want to attack your Dusclops while you can use FollowMe (which means the Ghost attacks wouldn't hit Smeargle). FakeOut is a option too.

Last edited:
Finally reached 100 wins in Battle Maison with this team. Dragonite is one of my favorite sweepers so I still decided to use it. Waterfall and fire punch was a toss up but I added waterfall to its moveset to hit fairy types, steelix, aggron, heatran, etc. Waterfall also has a chance to flinch the opposing pokemon, which saved me in a lot of games. The problem I encountered with this team is skarmory because of whirlwind. And also teams with quick claw. For some reason the AI had a big chance of activating it (activated 3 times in one of my matches). http://prntscr.com/23ccnk Streak is still going, by the way. But I'll probably take a break.

Durant (Truant) @ Choice Scarf
31/31/31/31/31/31 jolly
- Entrainment
- Protect
- X-Scissor
- Iron Head

Dragonite (Multiscale) @ Sitrus Berry
31/31/31/X/31/31 adamant
- Protect
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Dragon Claw

Gyarados (Intimidate) @ Gyaradosite
31/31/31/X/31/31 adamant
- Protect
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Substitute

Last edited:
Nice musicmeister n___n

I'm at 160 straight wins now.
Battle #160: CLZW-WWWW-WWW2-PE93

Edit, And to follow up R Inanimate, I've received the Starf Berry for Super Doubles.
Battle #200: 42BG-WWWW-WWW2-PM4W

Edit, Battle #253: TYKG-WWWW-WWW2-PUJY

Last edited:
It's been a while but can you remember my idea of DD Crawdaunt? Just asking if you had success with it ^^
Oh yes I forgot to post it. >_< I got to 187 wins with Crawdaunt on my team. I'll probably try Crawdaunt now on Battle Maison once I get a good one. Will probably replace Gyarados and see how it goes.

Oh yes I forgot to post it. >_< I got to 187 wins with Crawdaunt on my team. I'll probably try Crawdaunt now on Battle Maison once I get a good one. Will probably replace Gyarados and see how it goes.
Alright :D Congrats ^-^ Maybe Crawdaunt will find some love in the BatteMansion xD

Just like in BW2, you get nothing special for achieving 300 consecutive wins.
Battle #300: CNLW-WWWW-WWW2-R4X3
Battle #236: SX5G-WWWW-WWW2-PV2P (The one I was supposed to lose?).

Streak ended at 110 (Super Singles, Battle Maison)
I built the team after I saw lolnub's use of Mega Gyarados as a Truant Abuser. Since there was no available Whimsicott yet I tried Liepard as the initial Taunter/Crippler. Generally my biggest problems where leads that used Curse setters that are resistant to water (i.e. Wailord, Ferrothorn - I lost to this!) and for Wailord's case is immune to Taunt (Oblivious) but was not really an issue. Maybe i'll try again after Liepard gains access to Knock Off again (5th gen Move Tutor) because of those Quick Claw Fissure Donphans (lol). Also another thing to note is that it is easier to setup with Durant even if there are critical hits because of the damage reduction (from 2x to 1.5x). Another thing that really caught me off-guard are the Fire-Type leads that uses Flame Charge on the First turn, I couldn't predict if they will be using Flame Charge next turn or try to sack my Liepard since most +2 Spe fire types will kill my Durant. The team lost to Ferrothorn with Curse, Ingrain, Rock Smash, Leftovers (praying for a Crit, didn't get one).

The Team:

Liepard @ Focus Sash
Jolly / Prankster
252 HP / 252 Spe / 4 Atk
- Taunt
- Encore
- Confide
- U-Turn

Taunt and Encore to ensure that Durant can use Entrainment (avoids Protect). I chose Confide over Charm because Durant already has a high Defense and this ensures that it won't die to special attacks. U-Turn when I encounter wall leads so that Durant can abuse the last turn of Taunt (1st turn - Taunt, 2nd turn - U-Turn to Durant, 3rd turn - Entrainment). U-Turn also helped me in dealing with Magic Bounce Espeon (1st turn - Taunt, 2nd turn - U-turn to Durant (about 50% damage to Espeon, 3rd turn - X-scissor, 4th turn switch back to Liepard) since Espeon don't have moves that can OHKO Liepard.

Durant @ Choice Scarf
Jolly / Truant
252 HP / 252 Spe / 4 Atk
- Entraintment
- Iron Head
- X-Scissor
- Rock Slide

Basic Truant Durant, nothing new. Maybe i need to tweak the EV's to 252 HP / 240 Spe / 16 SpD. This was my first time using Durant so I didn't really know if I used it right.

Gyarados @ Gyaradosite
Adamant / Intimidate -> Mold Breaker
252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Substitute
- Protect

Truant Abuser. Mold Breaker from Mega Gyarados allows it to hit anything with waterfall. I think the choice of Mega evolving while setting up is not really necessary on switching in. I think it is better to have a form where he has a super effective attack for him to avoid using Boosting moves, but I never really got when they will try to Boost or not.

Proof:
http://imgur.com/pCKYN3M

I don't know if I will restart the streak with this team again. I might try to find a different Prankster Pokemon or Taunt User. Or I might try two sweepers, but I need to test how to go around the Pokemon with Protect since they seem to know how to fight against Pokemon with Truant abilities (attack every other turn).

Actually, one of them has Dazzling Gleam and can probably blow up Liepard even with that HP investment (if it eats a critical it's most likely KOed). I had a run end to this stupid thing. ¬_¬
Oops didn't see that. Maybe I didn't run against Dazzling Gleam Espeon with Magic Bounce since I wouldn't have said that anyway. Thanks!
The bad thing about Espeon is it is faster so even if I try to Taunt it and find out about Magic Bounce I can't U-Turn to switch into Durant since it is faster than me (assuming that the set is Timid with 252 Speed) after the Focus Sash activation. So if ever that happens I'll probably just switch immediately to Durant to X-scissor to kill it a switch back to Liepard for death fodder. I haven't tested if they know you will switch in a death fodder when they use a Pokemon with Protect against Truant Durant so will they use Protect or an attacking move?

to the person on bottom of the last page
I fought against another lead Durant in a round of the Battle Institute, and it always used protect on the turns that mine could move. I played badly and wound up losing because they would not let me set up the Truant strat.

I think it depends on the currrent situation, though: if your guy is low(-ish) on health, they'll more than likely (but not always) go for the kill if they can rather than use Protect or another status move if they carry it.

This is dumb I want my starf berry but my streaks have been getting exponentially worse ever since my PB of 170. ;_;

Last edited:
to the person on bottom of the last page
I fought against another lead Durant in a round of the Battle Institute, and it always used protect on the turns that mine could move. I played badly and wound up losing because they would not let me set up the Truant strat.

I think it depends on the currrent situation, though: if your guy is low(-ish) on health, they'll more than likely (but not always) go for the kill if they can rather than use Protect or another status move if they carry it.

This is dumb I want my starf berry but my streaks have been getting exponentially worse ever since my PB of 170. ;_;
I think the AI knows if you have Truant. I have encountered more than once occasion where they would only attack when Truant activated given that they Protect the turn before, which is why a Taunt user is mandatory or you really need to kill the lead Pokemon with your lead for your Durant to be able to setup Truant. Then again since the AI chooses their moves after you chose yours, they will attack you if you try to switch to Gyarados rather than Protect which is really annoying.

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
DHR-107 posted this earlier, but ended up deleting his post. Please direct all discussion of the Maison to this thread. We will be working over the next week to transform it into the sixth-generation equivalent of the BW Subway thread. Usually, a new iteration of the "Battle Tower thread" is created at the start of every generation, so it makes sense to make the transition now. If you are interested in maintaining a thread similar to the Subway thread for the sixth generation, you can either contact DHR-107 or myself. Please note that the "casual" monicker simply refers to elements of gameplay that occur on the cartridges. The subforum's name does not prevent discussion of the competitive elements of the Maison.

This thread will continue to exist for discussion of BW's Subway. Because the OP of the thread is markedly absent, the thread's updating is up in the air. If we find someone who is willing to comb through the thread and update it, then it will happen. Otherwise it probably will not.

Thanks!

For people who have done the bait Pokemon/spread move teammate strategy in doubles, have you noticed a certain threshold at which the opponents don't target the bait as often?

I have a level 46 Sneasel that is currently EVed to be one point faster than my Eruption user (Entei), and its defenses are low enough that the opponents do attack it the vast majority of the time (even with Water moves). However, there have been some times I've wished it could do some more damage on its own rather than providing support. It has minimum defensive IVs, so if I leveled it up from 46 to 50, its defensive stats would go from 106/57/66 to 115/62/72. Do you think leveling it up and/or evolving it to Weavile would change the list of things that target it instead of Entei?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 14)