1. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Black/White Walkthrough Tourney - Round Robin Finals! N's Castle [Won by snorlax]

Discussion in 'Tournaments' started by RBG, Jun 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RBG

RBG Got a long list of ex-lovers, they'll tell you I'm insane.
    is a Smogon Social Media Contributoris a Super Moderatoris a Site Staff Alumnusis a Smogon IRC AOp Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus
    Facebook Manager

Approved by the Tourney Mod team!

The Walkthrough tourney returns, this time, in Unova!

Rules

1. Due to the complicated nature of this Tournament, there will only be 96 participants. This will fill up quickly, so PLEASE only join if you are able and willing to meet very stringent deadlines. Substitutes will only be taken in the first round. Round one will be posted March 10th.

2. Each round will be placed at a different part of the game Pokemon Black/White Version. There will be restrictions in level, Pokemon availability, TM availability, and item availability. These will be dependent on where you are in the game. As the rounds go on, more things will obviously open up.

This is the example format for rounds.

3. You are not required to send teams to me for approval, but if you have questions on whether your team is legal, feel free to ask me.

4. Only ONE Starter Pokemon may be used on any team, as well, this Starter Pokemon will be the only one you may use for the entirety of the tournament.

Starter Pokemon Include:

Snivy
    Servine
    Serperior
    Tepig
    Pignite
    Emboar
    Oshawatt
    Dewott
    Samurott

5. Species Clause, Sleep Clause, Evasion Clause, OHKO Clause, and Self KO clause are in effect

6. Regardless of whether or not you have access to them in game, this tournament will not allow any Pokmeon in the Uber tier. Event Pokemon will be allowed at my discretion (i.e. Most likely not allowing Victini, but I will probably allow Zorua.)

7. There is no rule against scouting, however if you are in the tournament and you spectate a match that a participant asks you to leave in you may be disqualified.

FAQ:

Q: On the example you put on there, the level restriction was 5. In the battle, would our Pokemon have to be level 5, or would it be level 100, just with level 5 moves?
    A: They would be level 5 Pokemon with level 5 moves.

Q: Do we have EVs?
    A: For sake of simplicity, 510 evs are allowed on all Pokemon.

Q: If I can learn a move earlier than normal by keeping a pre-evolution from evolving and that allows me to learn it before level 47, is that legal?
    A: Yes, that is a valid way to learn a move.

Q: Can we use egg moves?
    A: Yes, egg moves are allowed, provided there is a parent within the list above that learns the move before level 59.

Q: Are Heart Scale moves still illegal?
    A: Nope!

Round Robin Finals: Deadline is July 1st

Cristal vs Bluewind
    Bluewind vs snorlax
    snorlax vs cristal
  2. RBG

RBG Got a long list of ex-lovers, they'll tell you I'm insane.
    is a Smogon Social Media Contributoris a Super Moderatoris a Site Staff Alumnusis a Smogon IRC AOp Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus
    Facebook Manager

3. yaya0

yaya0

Cristal vs Bluewind
    Bluewind vs snorlax
    snorlax vs cristal
  4. Agammemnon

Agammemnon A wild Zubat appears!
    is a Contributor Alumnus

yaya0 you made an error in your prediction.
    Unfortunately, you bolded Bluewind instead of Cristal

Have a nice day.
  5. snorlax

snorlax

beat cristal 3-0 in an interesting battle. between an attack miss, a full paralysis, and a CH, i pretty much had him 6-3 from the very beginning, and then he accidently left one pokemon at lvl 50. still, a fun battle and a gg. now im off to bug bluewind again.
  6. Cristal

Cristal

lost against snorlax, gg
    well I don't know if he had the right to put the wifi clause on, but whatever I guess
  7. Agammemnon

Agammemnon A wild Zubat appears!
    is a Contributor Alumnus

oO
    He broke the rules.
    I guess you're in right to ask for a rematch or a breaking-rules victory.
  8. Go10

Go10 Storm Vanguard !

Too late for being a dick
  9. Cristal

Cristal

please nevermind, it's my fault too, I don't want to bitch about this,
  10. Bluewind

Bluewind My appearance, ability, and awesomeness strike fea
    is a Contributor Alumnus

To both people, I thought I had something tonight but it turns out my appoinment has been canceled, so I'll just prepare something and battle snorlax (and Cristal if the need arises) tomorrow or Wednesday.
  11. Go10

Go10 Storm Vanguard !

Prepare your banana and come back with a great victory
  12. BKC

BKC
    is a Tutoris a Smogon IRC AOPis a Tiering Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis Smogon Frontier's Castle Valetis a Past WCoP Winneris the Smogon Tour Season 16 Champion

bluewind shall win
  13. Bluewind

is a Contributor Alumnus

Full para + crit + flinch didn't help my cause. Still one good game though.
  14. snorlax

snorlax

prevailed over bluewind 1-0 in a great battle.

I want to thank everyone who believed I could do it, which was none of you, you bunch of jerks.

If anyone wants to see the team that led me to victory, just let me know and I'll post it.
  15. undisputed

undisputed
    is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis Smogon Frontier's Frontier Lackeyis a Past WCoP Winner

congrats snorlax B)

reppin da west!
  16. Lady Salamence

Lady Salamence
    is a Smogon Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

17. BIG loven

BIG loven Not so little anymore

Snorlax be bossin
  18. IronBullet93

IronBullet93 free as a bird
    is an official Team Rateris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor

grats snorlax
  19. Cristal

Cristal

congrats snorlax
  20. ala

ala
    is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Winner

grats dude
  21. Ojama

Ojama May your scattered remains entertain me
    is a Tutor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis Smogon Frontier's Palace Mavenis the Smogon Tour Season 15 Champion

congrats dude
  22. AndViet

AndViet

congrats to snorlax, and great tournament held RBG.
  23. snorlax

snorlax

Got a request to show my team, so here it is

Thundurus (M) @ Expert Belt
    Trait: Prankster
    EVs: 56 Atk / 200 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
    - Brick Break
    - Volt Switch
    - Hidden Power [Fire]
    - Thunder Wave

There's a good reason why every finalist used this guy, and thats becaues he's a BEAST. Swapped out escalvier for him from the previous round and I'm glad for it, as paralysis and his variety of attacks really helped in my wins

Sawsbuck (M) @ Sitrus Berry
    Trait: Sap Sipper
    EVs: 60 HP / 196 Atk / 252 Spd
    Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
    - Aromatherapy
    - Frustration
    - Megahorn
    - Horn Leech

The only reason I used this guy was because I wanted a pokemon with sap sipper to completely shut down whimsicott and any other grass sweeper. Did very well at this role, as well as restoring status for the rest of the team. Would have used jump kick, but the fact it crashes like HJK makes it unfavorable.

Conkeldurr (M) @ Sitrus Berry
    Trait: Guts
    EVs: 248 HP / 248 Atk / 12 Def
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Bulk Up
    - Drain Punch
    - Stone Edge
    - Payback

This guy is a monster in standard OU, so of course I would use him here. Not much really to say, he's a healing tank thats hard to stop after 1 bulk up.

Carracosta (M) @ Lum Berry
    Trait: Sturdy
    EVs: 12 HP / 252 Atk / 244 Spd
    Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
    - Shell Smash
    - Rock Slide
    - Waterfall
    - Crunch

At the last minute, i swapped from reiuniclus to this guy before the finals, and Im glad for it. Great coverage, powerful STAB, and crunch to stop jellicent. His job is to sweep should my next 2 sweepers fail. And he's quite good at it when he needs to be. Lum berry was mainly to stop prankster pokemon from ruining his sweep.

Excadrill (M) @ Earth Gem
    Trait: Sand Rush
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
    - Sandstorm
    - Earthquake
    - Rock Slide
    - X-Scissor

I'm amazed I never encountered any opponent using this set, as its pretty simple and quite effective. He needs 0 sp evs to outrun everything in sandstorm, and earth gem guarantees that he'll kill at least 1 pokemon. Very strong, one of my favorites to set up.

Crustle (M) @ Lum Berry
    Trait: Sturdy
    EVs: 32 HP / 252 Atk / 224 Spd
    - Shell Smash
    - X-Scissor
    - Earthquake
    - Rock Slide

Because 2 sturdy shell smashers are better than 1 :) Crustle was the opening volley to lay into my opponents, with excadril and carracosta as cleanup. He has great stab, and assuming i can keep entry hazards off the field, he's guaranteed to get a shell smash off and wreck havoc. EVed him specifically to outspeed zebstrika after a shell smash. My favorite on the team, really pulled me through a few tough battles. (he gets EQ from breeding with golett/golurk, and even if thats illegal for some odd reason, i never used it so it had no effect on the outcome)
  24. Bluewind

is a Contributor Alumnus

Weren't we allowed to use only 1 Lum Berry?
  25. snorlax

snorlax

That is true, got confused because its listed twice in the one use list. only time lum berry actually helped was when you burned carracosta in the finals, but if its that big of a deal then get a tournament director to sort it out. I'm happy regardless just from winning.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)